"Embers of Love" Demon Slayer...

By LovieJ34

"Looks like I accidentally married a Rengoku..." "Father will definitely kill me..." Fuyuko Kazahana, a young... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Winter Bloodshed
Chapter 2: Demons Alike
Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch
Chapter 4: New Mission
Chapter 5: Past Memories
Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!
Chapter 7: Wedding Night!
Chapter 8: Wedding Parade
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony!
Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice
Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro
Chapter 13: Their Moments Together
Chapter 14: Unexpected Couple
Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories
Chapter 16: My Wife
Chapter 17: Fate Entwined Love
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Tears
Chapter 19: The Trial
Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal
Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice
Chapter 22: Fuyuko's Blacksmith
Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two
Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice

996 43 3
By LovieJ34

"How bold of you, little lady." The Demon sickly chuckled. "I never thought that I would meet a bride like you..."

"Tell me, are you that desperate to get married?" the demon asked. "That you secured everything, yourself, ruining my blood art and successfully becoming a wife."

"And what does my answer concern you." Fuyuko coldly spoke.

"Ohhh... you reminded me of my bride from so long ago..." The demon suddenly told as he smiled. "She is fierce too and can't wait to be wedded."

"However..." his smile suddenly fell, "she didn't show up in or wedding day and on this very same shrine I was abandoned by her. I was so sad when she left..."

"My bride ran away from me, and my sorrow became rage that when I see other brides walking down the shrine's path, I want to devour them so badly!" Saliva then drips from the demon's mouth as he reminisced devouring the brides that sadly met their demise.

"How can other brides are so happy with their grooms?!" the demon exclaimed in fury. "While I am here left alone! I want to devour them all!!!"

"Tch. Enough chit-chat you demon!" Sanemi snapped. "Let go of the girl! Come and fucking fight me already."

"I'm afraid I cannot." The demon unexpectedly declined. "I am occupied for a moment but my clones will keep you company in the meantime."

The demon's clones then started to emerged from the ground like a shadow coming to life. They all looked similar to the original but with average sized.

The clones then surrounded the Hashiras blocking their path to the original body of the demon and slimming their chance of saving Fuyuko before she gets eaten.

"Play nice with them, Hashiras." The Demon said. "It took me hours to create them, that's why I am super late but now that I am here, I'll make sure to enjoy munching this bride of yours hahaha!"

"So that's your story." Fuyuko coldly stated, earning a stare from the demon. "And do you really think you could devour me this easily?"

"Are you testing me little bride?" The demon chuckled. "How cute of you."

Fuyuko had enough, and swiftly plunged the knife, that has been hiding in the sleeve of her wedding kimono, deep into the demon's hand.

The knife has wisteria poison in its blade but the poisonous blade wasn't stabbed to the Demon's vital spots so the demon didn't receive any critical damage. However, the pain that the venom gives is thrice as much as being decapitated.

The pain struck the demon like lightning and he immediately screamed in agony as his grip loosened, and that is enough for Fuyuko to quickly wiggle her right arm from the demons hold. Now, with her free hand she swiftly took two of her sharp long hair stick that is also coated with wisteria poison, and throw it towards the demon's eyes as her white hair cascaded down her back.

And before the demon or the Hashiras could comprehend what is happening, blood then splattered from the evil creature's eyes as two pieces of floral ornaments came flying towards his sight, brutally pinning both of his eyeballs making him scream even more from the intense agony of pure pain.

The demon then accidentally throwed Fuyuko away as he brought all of his four hands to his face, desperate to find the needles that mercilessly stabbed his sight.

Rengoku watched in horror as the bride flung away from the demon's hold, and will soon land hard on the brick floor. He tried to reach her but before he could, he suddenly saw her flip in midair and successfully landed on her feet despite her long-heeled sandal.

He was surprise but his surprise immediately vanished when one of the demon's clone lunged towards him with sharp claws but he quickly dodged and countered, slicing the head of the demon in flames.

Defeating the clones is easy since they are weaker than the original but the clones regenerate instantly and don't die. Even how hard the Hashiras try and cut them their number never decreased as they rose back from the dead, and continue to attack.

The demon finally tossed the knife and hair stick that has been causing him so much pain, he instantly regenerated and glared at Fuyuko who is standing tall without fear towards his humongous form.

"Fuyuko-chan get away!" The Love Hashira shouted at the bride.

"Run, Fuyuko-chan! We don't want you to get eaten now." Shinobu also tried to call the bride's attention with her soft voice.

But Fuyuko's focus is all towards the demon before her. And even how hard the Hashiras' screamed for her to go to safety, it only fell to deaf ears as she continued to ignore their existence.

"You..." the demon said sternly as he narrowed his eyes on her small form. "Better prepare yourself because the stunt you just did is beyond acceptable. Now, I will mercilessly cut you to pieces before devouring your pitiful body!"

"I dare you."

Fuyuko replied as she undressed the outer layer of her garments to lighten some weight, leaving only her white wedding kimono and the white obi. As swift as the wind she immediately grabbed her nichirin sword from her back and brought it up front.

"Playing with swords, eh?" the demon mocked. "Don't you know ladies like you are not suited for the battlefield."

"There are certain exceptions when the lady dreamed for bloodshed." Fuyuko sternly responded as blue embers freezes into glaze in her deep azure irises.

Wind then blew her snow-white hair as she slowly unsheathed her katana and controlled her breathing, lowering it to the temperature that is cold as ice in a forbidding winter. The moon blessed her with enough light and her sharp sight leaves no opening unnoticed.

"Ice breathing, First Form: Ice slashed."

And without warning Fuyuko rush towards the demon with speed and then leap as ice tailed like a sash of blizzard in her blade. She almost had his neck but the demon quickly saw through her attack and shielded himself with two of his arms that Fuyuko cut, instead of his neck.

The other two of his clawed hands then slashed towards her and she quickly maneuvered her way in mid air dodging his sharp nails. She landed on the ground with the clank of her wooden heels hitting the stone pavement.

Without wasting a second, she rushed towards the demon again leaving a beam of cold wind and snow, as she passed like the winter breeze.

Sharp claws and an ice sword then clashed as Fuyuko and the demon competed against each other's combat. Like a cold solid ice, Fuyuko wielded her katana with stability and skills. She moved swiftly like the freezing wind of snow and fought the demon with grace like a falling snowflake.

"Blood Demon Art: Teleportation Blood." The demon muttered through his breath.

Fuyuko's breath hitched as the demon suddenly vanished in front of her, making her slice the air empty instead. And then the creature appeared behind her, ready to slashed her into pieces. She was quick enough to sensed the demon's presence and dodged in the last second.

The demon launched his other sets of claws towards her and she countered with her blade, successfully cutting two of his left arms. But the demon suddenly teleported again, and with his quick regeneration, his multiple arms grew back in an instant.

Fuyuko turned as quickly as she could and strike her sword, only to see the demon vanished for the third time in her sight. She was about to turn once more and slash when her instinct suddenly kicked in, telling her to strike above.

But Fuyuko was too late to strike and almost got cut into pieces by the demon that suddenly reappeared above her, but she was able shield herself with her nichirin sword and jump as far away as she could from the demon.

"Not bad, you're a most worthy opponent." The demon praised with his sick grin. "With those skills, I see now that you're not suited to be a bride."

Fuyuko calmed her heavy breathing as she drew her sword upfront, in case the demon suddenly attacked without warning.

"A bride should be submissive and humble like a flower that adorn the field without being blown away by the wind." The demon continued to blabber.

Fuyuko then felt warm liquid trickled her left cheek and a hissing pain that pierced her skin. She doesn't need to see for herself to know that the demon got lucky and cut her face. Even though it is bleeding, it is not too severe for her to be alarmed.

"In fact, ladies should always be like that, so tell me..." The demon asked along with his sick grin. "Why does a flower like you hold a sword?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Sorry I haven't been updating for days, I have been very busy with my school projects and a storm just hit our region so the internet was down for hours. Now that it is back on I was able to finally update.

I won't be updating daily due to other matters that I need to attend to but you all have my words that I will surely not discontinue this fanfic because it would be a waste of my time and my effort so I'm gonna finished this no matter what!

So have fun reading! Also don't forget to vote and comment, it would be very appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 20 9
[DISCONTINUED] "Everything about her reminds you of winter." Her touch was light and gentle like falling snow with a touch of warmth that opened up h...
78.6K 1.5K 20
Being the little sister of Mitsuri Kanroji the Love pillar and one of the Demon Slayer corps wasn't that hard..You were always on her back when she n...
45.3K 1.5K 77
Rika Fuji, a user of Ice Breathing. She joined the Corps to slay demons. But with a cold heart, she had a frozen spirit. Nobody could break through h...