The Dragon of Konoha

By thedoctorgonepale

Years ago... In a ninja world, a village hidden in the leaves was attacked by a raging Dragon. To stop it fro... More

(Prologue): Enter the Dragon
A crushing lesson of teamwork
Low level warm up
Bridge Guardians: Part 1
Bridge Guardians: part 2
A Boy's honor
A Man's Honor: part 1
A Man's Honor: part 2
Return for the next battle
Exams to the extreme
Forest of trouble: part 1
Forest of trouble: part 2
Fight Club: Minor League part 1
Fight Club: Minor League part 2
Who will train this Dragon?
Toads and Dragons
Training month
Fight club: Major League part 1
Sandy days
Kage hunting
A town of many colors
Shakedown
Super sexy fanservice
Slug for Kage
Three way conflict of interest
Three way conflict of interest: part 2
Master of the leaf
To break the chains of logic
Paths Diverging
Dragon Of Konoha; Kiwami
A Kiwami Return
Kiwami Mission
Kiwami Mission; Part 2
Kiwami Mission: Part 3

Fight Club: Major League part 2

439 25 4
By thedoctorgonepale

3rd person POV:

Kiryu tilted his head, left to right, to dodge multiple palm strikes from Neji.

Sliding aside to avoid a high kick, Kiryu threw a punch to Neji's side which was too quick to predict.

Swinging his arm towards Kiryu, Neji watched his attack get blocked when Kiryu raised his arm to grab his.

Noticing what Kiryu was going to do, Neji slid in front of Kiryu so his arm was no longer straight, stopping Kiryu from snapping it.

Punching Kiryu across the face, Neji made the Dragon stumble back.

Neji:(mind) Damn you Kiryu! With how your chakra is flowing you're able to keep up with me!

Neji:(mind) To top it all off, you're too fast to predict.

The two begin to trade blows.

Neji:(mind) I was hoping to use it in the final battle, but so be it.

Neji: "Eight Divination Signs, Sixty-Four Palms of the Hand"!

Kiryu: Eight, six-four- why are you doing math-

Confused by the math Neji presented to him, Kiryu was left open to Neji's quick 126 strikes across his whole body.

Kiryu:(Grunts)!

The pinkish hue of his chakra heat vanished. Kiryu felt himself be forced out of his Rush style.

Kiryu:?

He tries to go back to his Rush style but finds that he is unable, his chakra at the moment, would not flow in the manner to achieve Rush style.

Kiryu: What did you do?

Neji: A technique from the main branch which I mastered with a glance.

Neji: I've struck the pressure points to close off your chakra flow.

Neji: Your speed, along with your advantage is gone.

Cracking his knuckles, Kiryu goes to his basic style, though he could feel how his chakra wasn't flowing right.

Kiryu: That's some funky massage technique you have.

Kiryu: But don't get cocky just yet. The fight is far from over!

(Opening theme)

Fighting Neji without rush style proved to be an uphill battle, as the Hyuga style of combat proved to be fast enough to attack and dodge.

Kiryu still had his ace in the Dragon's chakra, however, he was limited with how much he had of it, so had to wait for the right moment to use it.

Clapping his hands together, Kiryu attempted to create an opening for himself.

Neji: No you-

Kiryu: "Karaoke jutsu"!

Neji: Karaoke-what?

(Poof)

Kiryu: Baka mitai...♪

Neji:!?!

Music began playing as Neji felt emotional and nostalgic.

As Neji reminisced about his father, everyone was confused about why Kiryu was singing, and why he was singing so well due to being out of range of the jutsu.

Sitting on the ground, with an arm on his knee in an overly dramatic pose, Neji stared into nothing.

His father, his training, to the death of his father, and the desire to be free as a bird no longer trapped in a cage.

Neji:(mind) What is freedom...? When this is over will I have achieved it like papa?

Neji:(mind) Or will I have found myself in another cage only one created by my anger?

Neji: Wait a minute-

Kiryu kicks Neji in the face as if it was a soccer ball, sending the pondering Hyuga flying.

Rolling to his feet, Neji rushes back towards Kiryu who activates his Beast style.

Neji: That's it!

Kiryu, slightly crouched, with fust to his side, stands and allows Neji to strike for he knew he could not dodge him.

He uses his sixty-four palms of the hand technique once more on Kiryu only to find his muscles were much harder in Beast form.

Neji:(mind) I need to go beyond... If I want to knock him down, I need to go even further than 64!

Neji: "Eight Divination Signs, One-Hundred and Twenty-Eight Palms of the Hand"!

Kiryu:(GRUNTS)

The attack thoroughly struck through Kiryu's Beast defense, leaving him with no flow of chakra in his body.

Neji:(evil smirk) It's over...

He deactivates his Byakugan, believing he no longer needed it.

Neji: I've stopped the flow of your chakra. No more enhanced physical abilities from you.

Kiryu:(opens and clenches fist)

Hinata, who had come to watch stared with worry.

Hinata:(mind) Oh no, Kiryu...

Neji: It's over!

Grabbing Kiryu by the shoulder, Neji swings at him with a palm strike.

(Some time ago...)

(Hinata's hospital bed)

Kiryu entered the room, to surprise Hinata.

Hinata: K-Kiryu!?

Kiryu: Hinata. Are you okay?

Hinata:(blushing) I-I'm better... Thank you...

Kiryu: I wanted to ask you about Neji.

Hinata: Wh-what do you want to know?

Kiryu: Why doesn't he like you?

Hinata: It's... It's probably because I'm so weak...

Hinata: I'm supposed to be the one who takes over the Hyuga clan, yet I'm so far behind in my training...

Hinata: And after Neji's father died...

Kiryu: Hmm... I see... Do you hate Neji?

Hinata: N-no! I-I actually look up to him, quite a lot...

Hinata: Why do you ask...?

Kiryu: So I know how badly to hurt him.

Hinata:... Kiryu... Neji is going probably use-

Kiryu: Thank you, but it doesn't matter.

(Present day)

Kiryu catches Neji's wrist, twisting it with great strength.

Neji:!?

Kiryu: I don't need chakra to beat you.

(Dragon of Konoha theme)

Headbutting Neji, Kiryu breaks his nose, disorienting him.

Grabbing Neji's other wrist, Kiryu pulls both arms down, dislocating them.

(POP)²

Neji: GHAAA!!

Rising up, Kiryu's palm striked Neji's chin, launching Neji into the air across the arena.

(THUMP)

Kiryu:...

Neji:... Ugh...

Getting back up, his Byakugan activated, Neji with two dislocated arms glared at Kiryu with no sign of giving up.

Kiryu: Give up. Or else.

Neji: I still have chakra. Whilst you don't. Arms aren't necessary for me to win!

Kiryu:... So if you didn't have any chakra left you'd give up?

Neji: I still have plenty in reserve.

Kiryu:(glares) Not for long... I'm ending this... NEJI!

White chakra flames emanate off of Kiryu, as the Dragon on his back slowly coiled around his right arm.

Everyone:!?

He begins rushing towards Neji.

Neji:(mind) This chakra! Where is it coming from!? What... What is this!

Kiryu: "Dragon Style: Fist of the Dragon"!!

Punching Neji in the stomach, a Dragon made from chakra flies out from Neji's back.

Having taken Neji's chakra, the Dragon flew into the air, exploding like fireworks.

Kiryu:(panting)...

Neji falls unconscious in Kiryu's arms, as the tattoo returned to his back, leaving a curling bruise on his arm.

Hiruzen:(mind) I'll be damned... He's able to utilize the Dragon's chakra?

Hiruzen:(smiles) It's decided! Kiryu Uzumaki is the victor!

Kiryu carried Neji to the medical bay in the arena where he and himself got treated.

(Later...)

Doctor: Try not to use that technique until your arms healed. Or else you may break something.

Kiryu: Hm.

The doctor leaves the two opponents alone.

Neji: Ugh...

Kiryu:?

Neji:(looks at Kiryu)...

Neji: What are you?

Kiryu: Pissed off.

Kiryu: Don't take family for granted. Especially ones who didn't do anything.

Grabbing his jacket, Kiryu tosses it over his shoulder and takes his leave.

(Bump)

Hinata: Ah! I'm so sorry-

She sees Kiryu's shirtless body. She then realized she touched his shirtless body.

Hinata:(nose bleed)

Kiryu: Lucky you're here. You can get something for that nose bleed.

Hinata:(hides nose)

Walking past her and her father, Kiryu goes to see if he could catch the battle between Majima and Gaar.

He heard the battle start, but he didn't know how it was going.

Kiryu: Eh?

Kiryu: Oi, what are you laying around for?

On his way, Kiryu spots a dead body covered in sand.

Kiryu:... Oh.

He realizes the one most likely.

Kiryu: Shit.

He dashes over to the arena where he saw the battle in progress.

Majima:(smirks)...

Gaar:(eye twitches)...

Gaar possessed a cut on his face, which brought him to the edge.

Gaar: RAAAAAAHHH!!

He tore off his shirt as a sand storm surrounded him.

His tattoo began moving...

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 401 50
What if instead of kurama being sealed inside of Naruto he raised Naruto in the outskirts of the village away from the people. What if after a few Ye...
887 28 12
After having her whole clan destroyed a young female ninja was forced to harbor not only a demon but a god. She would have to choose good or evil in...
23.1K 784 16
We all know what happened to Naruto. A poor boy, growing up as a host for the Nine-Tailed Beast, Kurama, never knowing his parents. We know what happ...
43K 1.5K 62
Shirayuki, your average ninja, becomes a ninja along with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. She's not strong or smart, just observant. And has the privilege...