The Wolf and The Rabbit

By Stillwell03

Izuku was alone in the world. Abandoned by the ones he called his family and left to his own accord. But than... More

Friends and harem
Found
New Friends
Standing Strong
Decisions
Entrance Exams
Reunions
Genius Combat
The Party
Brutal Battles
The Bakugou's
Sports Festival
Fighting for the Top
Third Event
Struggles
Finals and Dreams
Midoriya Squabble
Inner Turmoil
Work Studies
Nightmare of Hosu
Recovering
Easy Day
Truth
First Christmas
Most Awkward Date
Finals
Calm Picnic
Training Camp
Training
Night of Madness
Bloodlust
Effects of Support
Trapped
Paying Dues
Two Titans and A Rabbit
Heroism
Parent Teacher Talks
Dorm Move In
Special Moves
Split
Push Through
Rescue Work
Results
Parents Day Meeting
Internships
Nighteye
Prediction
The Child
Planning Raids
The Raid
Fight for Hope
Pure Rage
Okamure vs Overhaul
In The Dog House
Culture Festival
Agreements
A Gentleman
Ties and Bonds
Painful Choice
Festival Roar
Final Farewells

Provisional

2.8K 93 32
By Stillwell03

Izuku POV:

The days of training passed in the blink of an eye for us. In that time, I began working on remastering a fighting style uncle Fat wanted me to learn a while back. With this, I would still be able to use my legs in fighting, but also use my hands a significant amount as well. This technique is Mixed Martial Arts. From what my uncle said, this was a style that allows versatility as well as ways to overcome certain weak points such as having a weakened limb somewhere on your body. Mixing this with 'Rabbit', 'Big Fist', and 'Hardening' created a special style that allows me for the most maneuverability that I could get. Once I added OFA into that mix though, things got even better to the point I was confident going into the exam.

Walking off the bus and to our exam site, I took a moment to notice the vast number of people taking this exam. "There's gotta be like a thousand people taking this. Is the pass rate really going to be as high as we were told?"

"Try not to focus on that right now, Usagiyama. Focus on the task at hand with that being 'passing the exam'. " Mr. Aizawa mentioned this to me before bringing us together. "Alright, now this is a test that you'll need to pass in order to take the next step into the world of heroes. If you succeed, you'll no longer be eggs waiting to hatch. You'll be young chicks entering into the new world. Now I want you all to do as our motto says and go beyond."

As we were about to say the final bit, some weird guy with either no hair or hair really thin under a cap he was wearing shouted out behind me. "PLUS ULTRA!"

"AH!" I unintentionally let out a shout for everyone to look at me. "Sorry. That was a bit unexpected."

"My apologies!" The guy started putting his feet together and in one motion, slammed his head into the ground. "I JUST LOVE UA!"

We stared at him for a moment with his head bleeding out with him not reacting. "Umm...do you....need help....with your head?" I created a bit of gauze and a handkerchief with 'Creation' to give the guy as Mina gave me her hand mirror  to let the guy see what he was doing.

"Thank you very much. You're a nice guy, Mr. Scarred Eye!" Hearing this comment, I froze before curling up into a ball and facing the bus.

"I wanna go home now."

"DUMBASS!" Kyoka shouted as she smacked the guy in the head. "HE HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS TO DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW, BEING CALLED A CRAP NICKNAME ABOUT HIS EYE SHOULDN'T BE ONE OF THEM!"

"HOW DARE YOU STRIKE ONE OF MY YOUNGER CLASSMATES!" I turned around to see some other people wearing the same uniform to realize what school they were from.

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU TELL YOUR SHITTY CLASSMATE TO WATCH HIS MOUTH AROUND MY FRIEND! HE'S VERY SENSITIVE ABOUT HIS EYE!" Kaachan shouted back with Toga coming behind him flipping the guy off while agreeing.

"SUCH VULGARITY SHOULDN'T BE TOLERATED! HOW CAN YOU-"

"Shishikura. That's enough. Yoarashi was the one at fault here for making a comment about a sensitive topic whether he knew it or not. You're only adding fuel to the fire that is started picking a fight with UA." A guy with a large amount of hair commented for the other guy that was named Yoarashi coming over.

"Hey, man. Sorry about that. I didn't know the eye was a sensitive topic. If anything, you look really badass with it. Kinda like, a war scar. They're not the most pleasant to know you have on your face, but they make really good things to show off to the ladies."

I held my eye still ashamed of what was said before standing up. "Thanks. Also, I shouldn't judge you for not knowing. Sorry about that."

"Hey, so you're like, uber cute fam. Any chance you don't got a gal pal yet?" A girl with fawn hair came over to me talking in a way I couldn't understand. "I mean, you're like, totes boy toy material. It'd be lit if I could hook up with a fresh bro like you."

'I have no idea what the heck she just said.' I glanced at Yoarashi for some kind of clarity. "You have any idea what this girl just said?"

"Not a clue. I mostly think she's just talking Morse code or something. As far as I can tell, she's asking if you have a girlfriend or something....right?" Yoarashi stated while asking the girl if this was right for her to nod.

"He does have a girlfriend. In fact, a few already." Momo, Ochako, Mina, Tsu and Kyoka stood up in front of me to keep the girl from getting closer.

"Aww, that's real bummersville. Whateve's, that's life. The good babes are always taken." The group began leaving with Kaachan walking towards me.

"You know who those students are from, right?"

"Shiketsu, right?" He nodded with everyone now a little worried.

"Figures we'd see them. UA of the East and Shiketsu of the West."

"Not only that, but the one that you met first is a first year." Mr. Aizawa pointed this out for us to look at him for a moment. "Inasa Yoarashi. He was part of the Recommended students like Yaoyorozu and Todoroki. Not only that, but he was also the one to get the best score out of the participants in the exam and was a sure in for the school."

"But he's in Shiketsu. How did that happen?" Ochako asked for Mr. Aizawa to shrug his shoulders.

"I don't know. He pulled his offer shortly after the exam without a reason. However, it's safe to say that he's proven himself worthy to take this exam since it's unusual for Shiketsu to let a first year take it. To be honest, he'd have been about the same skill level as Usagiyama during the Sports Festival at the entrance exam."

'So if we're using that as a deciding factor as well as the fact he's shown promise to take the provisional as a first year to a school that wouldn't allow it normally, he's probably able to go toe to toe with me without problems. This is interesting.' I pondered this before I overheard someone speak up from behind us.

"Hey Eraser!" Turning around, I was met by the image of a known hero to me to immediately get excited.

"It's Ms. Joke. The Smile Hero!" I started to get excited for Momo to look at me.

"You know her?"

"She's a pro hero who's fights tend to be absolutely ridiculous due to her quirk that makes those it's inflicted on to uncontrollably laugh and have difficulty even doing the simplest of acts. She's arguably one of the most difficult pro heroes to fight due to this since very few are able to control themselves!"

"Well isn't this guy Mr. Big Brains. You definitely got a nice class with you Eraser. Please date me!"

"No." Ms. Joke was immediately rejected for her to laugh at this.

"Mr. Aizawa. Do you know her?" Mina asked for the pro heroine to smile.

"Ah, yes he does. When we were younger, our agencies were right next to each other. And as if by a wonderous comet, a mutual love bloomed-"

"No it didn't."

"Pfft! You always know how to make me laugh!" The fact Ms. Joke found this funny confused me since she was literally just rejected.

"As she said, our agencies were close to one another when we were both starting out. Due to that, we both worked together on missions on occasions."

"So pairing doesn't just work with random heroes or heroes who were specifically picked for assignments, but also those that are nearby?" I asked with our teacher nodding.

"Since your mother doesn't rely on others, I'm not surprised Miruko never told you about that."

"Wait, so this is the Rabbit Hero's son? Now that's a fun person to have in your group. Let's go out sometime, Eraser."

"He get's into trouble from time to time though and no." Mr. Aizawa started walking inside with us following him.

"It was nice seeing you again, Eraser. Let's do lunch and consider that a date!"

"No!" We all continued walking with Toga coming up to me to ask a question.

"Is dating always this crappy for guys?"

"I think Mr. Aizawa is a special case. Then again, I kinda hope that he learns how to treat women soon. I think they'd make a cute couple."

"I don't want to hear that from my student who can't even get over someone making a bad comment about his eye." I held my head down with my eye covered before feeling the death glare of five people at Mr. Aizawa. Turning around, I saw my girlfriends ready to kill for a bit of sweat coming off of our teacher's neck. "Here's where I'll be dropping you all off. Just change and go where they tell you to go. Goodbye." Mr. Aizawa walked away from us as we entered the changing room to start the day for us

Half hour later

After changing into our hero suits, everyone was sent to a large room with several people inside. The room had to hold at least a few thousand people to surprise me. 'Is everyone here taking the exams? Also, what's with these markers?' I glanced down at some markers from what some of the people working this said with no other information besides we'd be told inside what they were as well as six balls.

"Hello and welcome." A man up front spoke up while looking like he needed to go to sleep. "My name is Yokumiru Mera of the Public Safety Commission. Today, you all are taking the Provisional License exam. In total, there are about 1,540 students taking this exam. Normally, the pass rate is around 50%."

'Normally?'

"However, due to the incidents recently with the Hero Killer and All Might's retirement, we decided to alter our exam a little thinking that we should take a little more consideration of who should and shouldn't be a hero."

I held the side that was stabbed before by Stain to understand what he meant. 'Even now, his influence is altering the world we live in now.'

"Starting now, our first half of this exam will be a simple game of target practice *yawn*. In the beginning, you were given three targets that you were able to place anywhere on your body outside of your underarms and the soles of your feet to make it physically visible to everyone. Along with this, you were given six balls. All you have to do is *inhale* press the ball onto the target to light it up while protecting yours. Once all three of your targets are lit up, you are out. In order to pass, you will need to do is knockout two people by lighting all their targets. If you light the first two is irrelevant since the only one that matters is the final."

'So as long as I can light up the third target on two people, I can pass.'

"Once we get to the first 100 to pass, we will proceed to the next round with those who had not gotten out or passed to immediately be withdrawn from the exam."

"Wait, did he just say only a hundred are gonna go to the second half!?"

"That's not even ten percent!"

'So this is what they mean by we need to rethink the exam. If only a small portion of the group is worthwhile, then it would have to be the first few and putting people under a state of unease emphasizes this.' I gripped my fist understanding now that the stakes are high. If I wanted to get to the next step of becoming a hero, I'd have to make it into the top hundred here.

As I thought this, the walls around us started to bend back and alter. "Is this place coming apart?" The walls fell completely to the ground to show a giant area for us to move around in that could easily fit twice the amount of people taking the test.

"The exam starts now. Head out to whatever area you feel more comfortable fighting in and show how you can manage yourself. Remember, make sure you light other people's targets while protecting your own." Everyone made a rush away from everyone else to try and avoid any sneak attacks with me and my class going out towards a rocky terrain.

"This is insane! I thought we were going to have an easier pass!"

"Can't complain about it now, Kaminari. For now, just focus on finding an area you're safe in."

"Whatever. Later losers." Kaachan spoke up before blasting his way away from everyone.

"Wait, Kaachan! It's not a good idea to go off alone-"

"It's also not a good idea to stay together so the fucking rejects can pick us off one by one thanks to seeing a large group!"

I let a sigh out understanding that Kaachan came to the same conclusion that I did. "What's he talking about?" Sero asked for me to explain.

"What's the one thing that we have that no other school does before this exam?" I asked this for most to come up with nothing until Momo gets where I'm going.

"The Sports Festival!"

"Right. Because of that, we have information leaked to everyone here where we have none. Since that's the case, examinees will go after us before anyone else knowing what we can do."

"Smart guy you are. No wonder you were able to fight with broken legs at Kamino." I glanced up to see a bunch of students and a guy that was with Ms. Joke outside smiling down at us. "You know something, your quirk is pretty cool. But there's also some flaws with it and you. ONE EYED FREAK!" The guy and the other examinees threw as many balls my way for them aimed right at my targets. In a fluid motion though, I was able to smack the balls away with my hands and right foot. "WHAT THE!?"

"You think I was going to sit back and let myself be outshined? I'm constantly looking for ways to better myself and my friends." I increased my hand's size slightly with 'Big Fist' in order to help with blocking while also using 'Hardening' and OFA to absorb the shock. 'This is it. The start of my new technique. OFA: Pact Style.'

And that finishes this chapter. See what happens next time with Izuku having this new type of style now. Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 808 18
Kai was blessed with one of the strongest Quirks out there. He originally had no plan to be a Hero and live a quiet life, but before the passing of h...
9.1K 164 11
Being born 'Quirkless'? He can handle that. Being bullied? Hah, he knows how to handle bullies! Becoming a manga artist and the strongest human alive...
812K 26.7K 26
Your entire life has been spent in a experiment facility. Your quirk is strange and powerful, and no one can quite pin point what it is, which is why...
352 17 8
As you all know the story of how Izuku better known as Deku is trying to become the greatest hero of all time, well he is not alone. A boy by the nam...