Tʜᴇ Sᴘᴀᴄᴇ Wɪᴛᴄʜ

By angela_catty

Kᴀᴛʀɪɴᴀ ᴡᴀs ɴᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. Sʜᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɪɴᴅ. A ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ... More

𝚱𝚨𝐓𝐑𝐈𝚴𝚨 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝚨𝐑𝐈𝐒
P▴L▴A▴Y▴L▴I▴S▴T▴
BEFORE
CAST
1.
2.
3.
SEASON 2
CAST
happy new year
after new years
alienated
salvage
beneath
bloodlines
depths
darkest
before the dawn
true colors
war
complications
the hunt
intervention
summit
deep space
endgame
endgame pt.2
goodbyes aren't forever
welp

satisfaction

811 15 1
By angela_catty

Lʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ

Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

EPISODE 8 : SATISFACTION

MOUNT JUSTICE

MARCH 21, 17:00 EDT

Katrina was no stranger to mourning; she has experienced grief that would make the average human lose their sanity. Yes, through it all she had an anchor, but right now she's mad at the anchor, plus her acting skills aren't exactly the best. Ever since Artemis' supposed death, the Solarian has been riddled with guilt, it doesn't help that all the people who she talks to about all this are in mourning. "Kit Kat!" Bart exclaims, capturing her attention, "Hm? huh? Oh Bart! what's up?" she manages to get out a little flustered. "I'm going down to the grotto with the guys, do you....do you wanna join?" he asks carefully. 

The grotto.

God, she hasn't been there since the whole Cape Canaveral debacle, too many ghosts, too many memories. She nods, grabbing her green leather jacket, following her little brother, she walks down with him in silence, too caught up in her thoughts to really hold a conversation. Bart grasps her hand giving it a slight squeeze, noticing his sister's clear distress. She gives him a slight smile, and they meet up with Tim, Gar and Jaimie. Tim, usually so stoic, wraps his arms around Katrina, a silent comfort from someone else she sees as family. They pull apart, and she gives the boy wonder a trying smile, taking a deep breath, "Come, let's go honour our fallen friends and mentors," grasping Tim and Bart's hands, both sort of acting like her lifelines. 

MOUNT JUSTICE

MARCH 21, 17:33 EDT

Mal had briefly called Kat up to ask about Nightwing's whereabouts, which she honestly had no answer too, he's a batkid, they have a tendency to disappear with no word, and then proceeded to tell Mal not to worry, it was a normal occurrence. Katrina walked back down to the grotto, where Tim, Garfield, Jaimie and Bart stood in front of the newly erected holographic statue for Artemis. She joins them placing a hand on Tim and Gar's shoulder's as they look at the statue together. They all hear crunching next to them making them all look at Bart, who was eating a bag of Chicken Whizees. "Uh, sorry, mourning makes me hungry," he awkwardly excuses, 'Kid, really not the time for eating,' she scold mentally, and Bart winces at the older girls irritation. Jaimie then grabs onto the speedster and pushes him away from the group. Kat walks over to Jason's memorial, Tim following shortly after.

'Didn't think we'd be having another one of us down here so soon,' Tim says, 'Unfortunately, part of the job description,' she replies sighing out loudly. 'Timmy, have you heard anything from Dick?' she asks, if anything another batkid should or would know the whereabouts of another member of their family, he just shakes his head. "Worth a try," she sighs. "Leave it to Bruce Wayne to teach his kids how to disappear with no word," she says under her breath, clearly irritated. "So, why is this here?" she overhears Bart ask, "I mean, it's pretty and everything, but these people are heroes, in the line of duty and all that. They should have giant statues, big crashing memorials in the Hall of Justice or something," he then says. Bart had a point, the grotto is dark and dank, and most of the time cold, it isn't a place heroes like them should be honoured, heck even the Watchtower would be better suited. Kat walks over to them, leaving Tim with Jason, "Yeah, I asked that too, Captain Atom said the League doesn't want or need a public shrine to its fallen," Jaime replies, "If people knew we weren't immortal, chaos sort of takes over," Kat answers, "The handful of regular people who've seen me in action, they think I'm this guy in a new costume, the world will never know about Ted Kord's sacrifice," Jaime sadly states. 

"It's such a total rip: Superboy has Superman, Wonder Girl has Wonder Woman, Robin has Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl and Emerald! and she isn't even a bird," he stresses turning to Bart, "You've been in this era, like what, five minutes? And already you have three Flash mentors, one who feeds you junk food, but me? I never got a chance to meet the guy who should have been my mentor," Jaime laments. Kat puts a hand on the teens shoulder, "Jaime, I had no earth mentor, when I first came to this planet, but with the help of my friends and new family, I learned to be my own hero, others may not know you are a different person, we do and you do and that's more than enough, it is how you use your status as Blue Beetle for the greater good," she motivates the sullen kid, "Thanks Kat, means a lot coming from you," he smiles, and she nods walking up to the cave. 

DAKOTA CITY 

MARCH 21, 18:29 CDT

"Hey, ladies sorry I'm late, busy with mentor slash guardian stuff," she running  in, "Girl, it's alright, you're here that's what's matters," Raquel waves off the woman's tardiness. Megan gives Raquel her present, "M'gann, ah, you shouldn't have," Raquel thanks, "Actually, it's from Artemis too, we bought it together," M'gann says sadly, all the girls look down, "What am I doing, having this shower? How can we celebrate so soon after..." but at cuts her off, "Because Artemis would want us to celebrate, she'd kick our butts if we didn't," she raises her glass, "To absent friends," she toasts, "To absent friends," they all say, "and to the bride!" Kat then adds, and they all chime in. "You're getting married girl!" Karen exclaims, "I know!" Raquel excitedly expresses, and all the girls begin to chatter. 

The bridal shower was going swimmingly good, the girls were all having a good time, "Wait, wait, so Kat you told the Dick, that after the Invasion business you were thinking about leaving the life?" Zatanna asks, "Well yeah, I mean the only reason I joined it, was cause I wanted to find my brother, but it's been 2 years and nothing not even Batman can find him," she says, "He either succumbed to his wounds, or the great court found him, they don't exactly take too the destruction of entire planets kindly," she says looking away. "But how did Dick feel about this?" the magician asks, "Well, I don't know, him and I aren't exactly on speaking terms right now," she looks down, Zatanna put a hand on Kat's, sort of in understanding. Suddenly, a cold air washes over them, they all turn to see ice slowly growing around and over them, Zatanna and Emerald, immediately incant a spell to make sure they don't freeze. The ice shatters around them and from the debris, immerge the female heroes facing Captain Cold,  he looks at them, "I'm completely doomed, aren't I?" he says frightened, "One hundred percent," Raquel smiles and all the heroes launch to fight the villain.

MOUNT JUSTICE 

MARCH 21, 20:31 EDT

She was in the grotto again. 

Looking at Artemis' statue.

"I wish there was a different way Arty, I really do,"  she mourns, "Things are getting so....intense, and I just really want my best friend right now, and with this whole invasion plan, I don't know what to do anymore," she says to the hologram. 'SISTER!' a voice screeches through her head, she groans in pain clutching her head, eyes shut, 'Who's in my head?!' she confronts, 'oh my beloved sibling, you do not recognize my voice? I'm truly hurt?' the voice mocks, 'Dar?' she weakly mutters, 'Hello sister,' she could practically feel the evil smirk, 'No! Get out of my HEAD!' she brain blasts blocking him out. She moans in pain, and collapses to the floor, "Kit!" she hears a muffled voice, and then everything goes black.

Sᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Rᴇsᴄᴜᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ

Wɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 2.1K 46
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰. 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞...
142K 8K 53
(𝘠! 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳) 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙛𝙧...
249K 4.5K 23
Have you ever wanted to experience a day with the batboys? Hello! I do plenty of One-shots for the BatBoys, If you would like a specific One-shot the...
6.4K 25 20
#8 in Robinlovestory2020 category #20 in batmansdaughter2020 category This is only to read now. This version is no longer being updated or edited at...