Loki And The Thief Pt2

By Sigynista

[EXPLICIT] This is the second instalment of 'Loki and the Thief' series! Read the from the beginning here: ht... More

Prologue
Announcement
Seperation
Tricky
Shall we Dance?
Best Served Cold
Familiar Faces
Vanir
Rebel Yell
Mèlangè
Udøde
Yule Hunt
A Happy Yule
Heritage
Brudefest
Polterabend
I Do
Empyrean
A Prince's Pleasure
Puncture
A Trickle of Honey
Expectations
False Positive
Heated
The Sirens Call
Treason
Eden
Stones Still Standing
Oxfords finest
Rosso
Kærasti

Bargaining

262 12 0
By Sigynista

Y/N had all she needed to bring about her vision of The Healers Guild to Odin. The financials were sound, all she needed was the thumbs up, and she knew this would be tough to get without Odins approval. Luckily though she had a plan to get his approval without him realising it.

"His servants clean the room in the morning and before he and Frigga enter for bed. But you must beware if the fire is low, it means someone will be in soon to tend to it. You must not be caught." Loki had informed. He had offered to do the task for her but Y/N had to go it alone, this was her business, her plan for the realms, she had to see it through on her own. She slipped into Odin's office, and marveled at the ostentatious decor that surrounded her. The heads of beasts and demons years past slain hung of the walls, the red and gold theme running throughout. Yeah, Thor was Odin's son to be sure. She came to his desk of papers, and quickly leafed through them, finding the paperword to do with Jötunn borders. She slipped in her contracted proposal for the 'Healers Guild', he was sure to sign it and pass it as he went through not really reading it.

As she looked through the paperwork, she found agreements between Odin and Aaran which made made her concerned. The peace between the realms was to be ensured, but it included it something strange.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓷𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓭𝓸𝓶𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷. 𝓦𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓭𝓾𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓷𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓭𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓷𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂.

New fertility? She thought, what the hell does that mean? And how will that beget progeny? She shook her head quickly filing the papers back to where they were, she had already lingered too long and was at high risk of being caught, the fire now low was beginning to fizzle. She quickly darted out of the room, and went out to the hallway, and shook her head. It was probably nothing.

----

"Perhaps it is best." Frigga sighed, closing the book on Jötunn physiology. "Yourself and Y/N are fit and healthy, and she will be sure to come into her immortality after the trials? Why not let her be?"

Loki sighed. She just didn't understand. He needed to control this beast within him, and be sure Y/N was safe. "My birth mother was Vannir, and she died. What is to say it wasn't birthing me?" He replied solomnley, Frigga sighed again and took hold of his hand. "I always wondered what happened to her.but she was a strong and fierce magic wielder. From what you say, she was important enough for a plaque in the name of Laufey."

"What happened to her?" He said, wanting to know all he could about his mother. "Farbauti was a powerful sorceress. She left, and we never heard from her again. There were rumours she left for midgard. Never to come back. One rumour was that she fell in love with someone her family disapproved of. I guess that was true. But you can rest assured son, she was no weak or feeble child. She was strong, and her magic would be the reason she lived, your birth coild not change that."

No matter what his mother said to ease his mind, the idea of a child, one that would kill his beloved was out of the question.

_______________

It was early. Too early. But Y/N had to be dressed and ready to go before sun rise to make the ship to go to Nuada' kingdom. Brenna braided Y/N's hair, so long it had grown, and thick. She complimented Y/N on it kindly, and began talking about the elves. "You'll be the talk of the town when you get there madam, they haven't had a human there in years, what with Odin and Nuada's agreement!"

Y/N frowned unsure and she explained further, "Nuada was the last elf to take a human as a wife. He had tried before taking a mortal woman by force and leaving a changeling, but she had a true love of her own."

"Sounds like a dick." Y/N said flatly and Brenna scoffed, almost dropping a section of Y/N's hair.

"It was a dick thing to do, he thought he was entitled to mortals like every other Elf both light and dark. But the story goes that when he saw how much the maid loved her mortal fiance, and how unhappy she was in the land of everlasting youth, he let them leave. And the young man promised him he would one day find a mortal mid who would love him."

The woman finished with her hair, gave it one last look. "And of course, it happened. That was a surprise for Nuada. Since then, no mortal has been taken to the land of the elves. So to be invited is a great honour!"

It sure was, but Y/N was only going for Loki's sake as a diplomatic gesture and was sure it would be boring if not for the party. Y/N applied the last of her makeup, and Brenna left to attend to her other duties around the palace.

Y/N donned a green ruched dress, with gold leaves stitched into the low neck line. A cuff in the shape of a snake wrapped itself around the top of her arm, and a peach scarf was draped over her arms. Loki entered and saw his wife in the low cut dress and smirked.

"You will raise a few eyebrows tonight, you look ravishing my pet." He smirked, then took her by the hips. "We could stay here you know, forget this whole affair."
He began kissing her neck, enticing her.

"Yeah, and then your dad will kill us for standing up the elves like that huh?" Y/N giggled as he backed her onto the bed. He hovered over her, his forehead touched hers as he stared deep into her eyes. "I can deal with him, no worry there. And besides, I could do without the displeasure of Aaran's company."

Y/N agreed, that little bitch was the last person she wanted to see also. But the deals made, the bargaining and the understandings he and Aaran made where of great importance. The fact that Aífe had invited Y/N to a festival of such import was a massive honour and showed acceptance of a mortal in the house of Odinson.

"We should go." She grinned and kissed him sweetly, Loki groaned. "Ugh, you know you frustrate me woman."

"I know." She smiled as she made him release her and sauntered to the door. "You coming along or not?"

________

The ship docked at the palace of Nuada just as the sun hit mid morning, a beautiful kingdom, the like Y/N had never seen before. The palace was a bright white, as if it were carved out of pure bone. The roofing was a natural green and the whole building looked as though it had accommodated the nature that bloomed around it. It was situated on a mountain side, mist surrounded the whole castle, and waterfalls ran under the building.

It was without a doubt filled with magic and majesty, to what Y/N felt mistified by. "Be careful pet, or the elves will think you're impressed." Loki smirked as the neared. Y/N waived him off and prepared to leave to ship.

They were greeted by a tall slight man with a rather large mustache and quiet disposition, he greeted Loki and Y/N formally. "My Lord, my Lady. Welcome to Aĺfheimr. I am Volstmir, guardian of the elven kingdom. Upon entering you must leave all weapons here."

Loki scoffed, but Y/N elbowed him and he pulled out his daggers, as did Y/N. They were lead down halls of Ivory white stone, with pink blossom trees sweetly blooming in the sun shine, and all over the alabaster floors petals blew gently.

On each side were statues of leaders of the past, holding swords to their chests donning crown, their cold marble eyes staring at nothing, which freaked out Y/N a little. There was something odd about the idea of having one's ancestors watch you from afar, and as it went this was the scariest looking family tree Y/N had ever seen.

They reached what must have been the court room, where the main party was being held, they entered through a large pale oval door which glittered with some kind of magic it seemed and Volstmir annouced them.

"Prince Loki and his consort the Lady Y/N!"

All eyes turned to look at them, silence filled the hall. The whole room was filled with beautiful people, all staring at Y/N with wonder. She would have been lying if she said she wasn't enjoying it a little bit. The room glowed with streams of golden sunlight

"Prince Loki, and his consort. How lovely it is to see you here." Said a much older man, with a crown of gold upon his head. "Nuada, I see you have grown gracefully into the role of king. Aĺfheimr truly is beautiful."

He was tall, but not as tall as the other elves as if age had shrunk him

"Thank you, Prince Loki. It was all due to the wishes of my late wife. She did much in her reign here as my consort. I found as a mortal, she had quite a different eye for beauty than we everlasting beings."

Nuada cast his eye over to Y/N, she got a closer look at him now. He wore a duck egg blue robe like that of a medieval lord, embroidered with gold and lace. His pale skin and long beard reminded her of one of those old wood carvings one would see in history, unearthly features which would haunt any wood or forest. "And this must be the mortal of Asgard!" Nuada held out his hand kindly, and Y/N took it nervously. "Now my dear nothing to be so anxious about. You are the cause of great excitement to our kingdom, you are the first mortal to set foot in our kingdom for centuries. Tell me has much changed in you realm?"

"It's hard to say, many things have changed and many have stayed the same." She asnwered with a slight smile, the old king chuckled with delight, "Mortals, never clear. Always a mystery. Please, Prince Loki, yourself and your consort must join us on the balcony, the weather is fine and we shall be enjoying a fine meal." He said with certainty and pulled Y/N along.

Y/N felt a little awkward as she looled back to Loki who had a little smirk on his lips as if to say 'I told you so'.

*******

Fine dining was right. But the food was even stranger than what was on offer on Asgard. The tables were filled with exotic fruits and meats of strange colour. One thing that caught her eye were fish slices almost like Salmon but they were blue. It was served on a thin cracker like bread with an orange and green spread. She closed her eyes and just imagined it was salmon avocado or cream cheese, anything except what was in front of her.

When she bit into it, she was pleased to find it delicious, a savoury tray that was tart and a little spicy. She of course took her food with a good deal of salt, as the rules are that any mortal sampling food from the elven realm would be trapped forever, unless they covered it in salt first.

She found she could cope with the salty flavour as long as she drank the wine that Loki had arranged to be brought especially for her. There was no chance he was risking any scenario where his little thief would be taken. She had her own food too, the pouch she had brought with her a snack or two. It was the berries she had become so hungry for, it was almost like an addiction. She kept them in the small pouch, and loved that when she bit into them, their cold interior would send a slight chill, both calming and rejuvenating her.

Aaran was being cordial enough, but the lady Aífe seemed a little out of sorts, she would glance at Y/N and then look away. Loki thought maybe she was upset with her for some reason, or maye it was jealousy. After all, what was there not to be jealous of? Either way Loki kept his arms around her waist at all times, staking his claim on her, signaling to all others that this mortal was his.

Y/N leant into his posessive hold, knowing his Jötunn nature being so strong lately, they couldn't risk him exposing to everyone who he truly was. "You're acting strangely Loki, people are noticing."
He huffed in frustration, and squeezed her hip. "The way these folk look at you unnerves me. They covet you." Y/N placed a hand onto Loki's that held her like a vice. "They can't have me. I'm yours remember?"

He smiled a little at her, not reassured but appreciating that Y/N was trying to quell his doubts. King Nuada adressed the crowds as they began the long walk from the palace to the sea front. The sea view as they ventured down there was spectacular, the sky was a lilac and the sea a beautiful sapphire blue, it was magical against the diamond white sand. Y/N took a deep breath and took in the deep see air which was clean, definitely not like Blackpool beach.

They walked out onto the decking out on the sand, elves covering the pier was they watched the tides rolling in. A group of elves began to sing thus, a haunting tune, while Volstmìr read out some kind of sermon, beginning the ceremony on the return of the selkie.  Y/N was in awe of what she saw. Seals, all traveling up the shore, and then shifting to human like form with such ease. They were naked and wet through, men and women walking up to the crowd.

The singing becam more intense the closer they got and Y/N could see children in their midst, Selkie children with purple toned skin and big black eyes. Y/N smiled at them, the children hid behind their parents shy and retireing. The adults were strange looking also and their eyes were black like coal and their faces pale blue and translucent.

They looked familiar, like that from a painting Y/N had once seen, or even like a painting. Then her memory caught up with her. They looked familiar to the being that inhabited the lake, the one that she slew in order the gain water from the water of Lethe, the lake of forgetfulness. Y/N panicked a little, the sight of them scaring her to think about the siren she killed.

But the sight of the children made her heart warm. She wanted that for loki and herself, wanted it more than anything. As the clothes were held out to the Selkie, a little boy approached Y/N. He was only small, seemed to be about five but goodness knows how old he actually was. He said something in a gnarled language, and Y/N frowned trying to understand.

"He is asking your name." One of the Selkie females stepped forward, wrapping a robe around herself. "Our young do not yet speak any other languages, and earth English we tend not to learn until a few decades after maturity."

"It's Y/N. It's lovely to meet you. How did you know I was mortal?" Y/N asked confused. Loki narrowed his eyes, not trusting of anyone. "The way these elves look at you, and your features. It is clear to see you are not an Asgardian. Besides your strange aura, the mortality is apparent on you."

Y/N looked down at herself wondering what was so mortal about herself when Lord Nuada announced their return to the palace. "Lords and ladies, Selkie folk of the sea, please except our humblest welcome. We have prepared a feast in your honor and have had rooms made ready for your activites."

Y/N looked to Loki confused. He looked back down to her with an arched eyebrow and Y/N caught his meaning. "Wait this is a..."

"A night of carnal delights, yes." Loki smirked. She looked round at the Selkies, a little wide eyed. "It is an old contract between ourselves and the elves. They provide safe haven for our familes and care for our children while we grow our numbers. In return we bless their waters and ensure food is easy to come by." The woman informed and arched an eyebrow at Loki who was smirking.

The whole party, now fully dressed and made their way into the town and off to the palace. And Y/N had no idea what to expect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 17 9
There's only 10 left Loki x Reader LOTS OF FLASH BACKS FROM BOOK 1 WILL BE SHOWN! "why do you hate me so much..? why can't you just stop?! " A woman...
151K 4.3K 34
Young Prince Loki of Asgard is the God of Mischief and Chaos, the wild and unscrupulous little brother of Thor, and the son of the King of the Æsir. ...
4.1K 80 6
*NO LONGER UPDATING* WARNING: 18+ SMUT/LOVESTORY Loki Laufeyson x Reader (Y/N) After noticing a rather attractive woman in the lift up to stark's pen...
92K 2.8K 23
Darcy has a habit of making questionable decisions, but when she's offered a job that she'll actually be paid for -- and by the Avengers, no less...