Forever

By hellojelloxoxo

Book 3 of the mafia au! Book 1 - Mafia Book 2 - Revenge Book 3 - Forever Mafia AU // Life after Technoblade w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 32

1.9K 73 89
By hellojelloxoxo

George was sitting in the middle of the bed, knees drawn up towards his chest and hands covered by the dark fabric of one of Dream's hoodie. He had decided two whole days ago that he was going to stay in London, and he still had yet to bring it up to Dream. He had begged Sapnap not to say a word to anyone, and Sapnap had reluctantly agreed on the pretense that George tell him sooner rather than later. But George had been actively avoiding it, trying to ignore the guilty feeling that formed in the pit of his stomach every time Dream even so much as looked in his direction.

He couldn't avoid it forever, and it seemed like he'd have to force himself to say it much sooner than he would have liked. Because currently, Dream was lying on the bed in front of him with his phone in hand, scrolling through flights back to America as he rambled on about things that George had only half listened to.

He tuned back in just as Dream was saying, "Sapnap and Karl are leaving in a few days, and I think Niki is looking at getting a flight with Tommy and Tubbo."

George only hummed quietly, and Dream continued, "we can go back whenever, though. If you wanted to stay a little longer because of your dad, we could. I'm not in any rush, and I don't think Sapnap would care."

George swallowed hard, ignoring the sting behind his eyes and the way his hands were slightly shaking. He had the itching suspicion that his whole world was about to fall apart around him, but he knew he couldn't keep Dream in the dark any longer.

"Dream," George spoke quietly, and Dream's eyes drifted up from the phone in his hand at the sound of his voice. His brow furrowed with concern as soon as their eyes met, and he dropped the phone down on the mattress as he asked, "what's wrong?"

George couldn't seem to make himself speak. The words were caught in the back of his throat and he was sure Dream could hear his heart beating hard against his ribcage. Dream was watching him closely, and George had a sudden realization; everyone else had gotten an apology except for Dream. And Dream deserved it just as much as the rest of them had.

"I need to talk to you about some things," George finally managed to get out.

Dream nodded once, still looking concerned and now slightly confused at this seemingly unprompted change in conversation. He had no idea that George had been keeping so much to himself, and it only made George feel worse about the whole thing. He knew that Dream deserved better, Dream had always deserved better than what George could give him.

With a slow breath, George continued, "I'm going to start by giving you an apology like I did for everyone else."

For a moment, Dream's face softened into a relieved look and he shook his head. He smiled, and insisted, "I don't need you to apologize to me, George."

George knew the words were meant to be reassuring, but his stomach was twisting into knots as he spoke again, "I do, Dream. You always talk about all the trauma I've been through, but you've been through just as much, and most of it is my fault."

Dream stayed quiet this time, eyes roaming George's face as if he were trying to read further into why he was choosing to apologize now. George could only cast his eyes down and keep going, "you've been shot, tortured, locked up in a basement. You had to kill Techno and watch me almost die, Dream. And it's all because I forced you into helping me fix things I should've been able to fix on my own. And I never even properly apologized for any of it, but I'm genuinely sorry, Dream. If I had known any of that was going to happen, I would have left you alone that first night at the bar."

For a long moment, there was nothing but tense silence. George couldn't look up; he knew he'd hate the way Dream was looking at him, and he knew he'd break down if he did.

"George, I appreciate it, but I'm fine. If I had an issue with the things that have happened in the past, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And if you'd left me alone, then I probably never would have met you, and I definitely wouldn't want that. So really, you have nothing to apologize for."

The words weren't intended to hurt but they still did. George had thought countless times about how Dream would have been better off without him, he had just never been able to voice it aloud because of him was worried that maybe Dream would agree. So much of it could have been avoided if he'd simply left Dream out of it.

He didn't want to keep going on about it, so George only nodded and finally looked up to continue, "I guess that's true. If I hadn't met you, I don't think I'd be the person I am right now. I know I'll probably always be impulsive and bad at following direction, but I'm a much better person than I was a few years ago. And that's all thanks to you, Dream."

Dream smiled, but George could see something sad lingering behind it. It made his chest ache, and it only grew worse when Dream quietly asked, "why are you saying all this to me, George? What is it that you're not telling me?"

George inhaled slowly, feeling a couple of tears slide down his face. Dream looked concerned, and he sat up, reaching for George's hand and holding it in one of his own.

"I'm staying in London," George practically whispered the words, but he knew that Dream had heard them from the way his face fell.

"You're staying," Dream repeated slowly, almost like he needed to hear the words aloud again to believe them, "for how long?"

"For good, I guess," George answered, "Philza wants me to take over his spot as leader, but it's more than just that."

Dream didn't answer, but he let George's hand go and pulled back into his own space. More tears slid down George's face, and he quietly added on, "I just got him back in my life, Dream. I'm not ready to let him go again."

Dream nodded, but he kept his eyes cast down and away from George. When no response came, George quietly muttered, "please say something."

Dream scoffed quietly, shaking his head as he answered, "I don't know what to say. It seems like your mind is already made up, even though this seems like a decision we should have made together."

George wiped the tears away, and when Dream finally looked up at him, he muttered a quiet apology that he knew made no difference. Dream searched his face for a moment, and then exhaled slowly before saying, "you don't need to apologize, George. I get it, and I'd never ask you to give up being around your dad. I know how important he is to you. I just wish you would have talked to me about it first."

George nodded slowly, but his stomach twisted as Dream quietly added on, "but you need to know that I can't do a long distance relationship, George. I do love you, but I need to be able to see you and be around you. If it's anything less than that, I don't think I can do it."

It was exactly what George had been expecting, because he felt the same way. He didn't want to lose Dream, but he didn't think he could maintain a relationship from an entirely different country.

"I know," George answered quietly, "and I know how important Sapnap and the rest of the team is to you. They're your family, and I know I can't ask you to just pick up your whole life and stay here. I don't want to be selfish anymore, not when it comes to you."

George was crying now, and Dream only hummed quietly at his words. Arms circled around him, and Dream pulled George into his lap. George nestled his head against Dream's chest, closing his eyes and listening to the sound of his heart beating for what he hoped wouldn't be the last time.

He was terrified to ask, but he knew he needed to get the question out, "what happens now, Dream?"

He couldn't even fathom a world in which Dream and everyone else simply went back to America and George stayed here and that was it. This part of his life had changed him in so many ways, and Dream would always be a part of him. And it hurt to think of the possibility that he might not get to see him or hear his voice every day like he had gotten used to.

Fingers trailed slowly through his hair, and Dream quietly muttered, "I'm not sure. I just want to hold you for a little while, and then we'll figure it out together."

George nodded, squeezing his eyes shut as more tears ran down his face.

"I love you, George," Dream said quietly, "and no matter what we choose to do, I know I'll love you for the rest of my life."

George felt like his heart was both extremely full and breaking at the same time. He wrapped his arms around Dream's torso and responded, "I love you so much, Dream."

For what felt like hours, George laid wrapped up in Dream's arms. He'd be content to stay there forever, but eventually, Dream's hands found his face. He tilted George's face up towards his own, and then leaned in for a kiss that was soft and slow. George tried to savor every moment of it while he could, and by the time Dream pulled away, George couldn't help but wonder what was going through Dream's mind.

Dream's eyes searched his face for a moment, and then he sighed quietly before saying, "I think there's only a couple of options here, George."

George nodded once, waiting to hear which option Dream had chosen. But instead, Dream said, "before we decide on anything, there's something I want to show you."

George was sure his face had to have been clouded with confusion, because Dream gave him a soft smile and added on, "just trust me, George."

He nodded, because he'd always trust Dream. And whatever it was, George just hoped it was something that could ease the heartbreak he had a feeling was looming in the near future.

*HELLO! So I think I've figured out the ending, and there's only going to be one (maybe two) chapters left. The epilogue should be ready early next week. :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.8K 43
Cover art done by my friend Aoife, you can commission her at aoifeskye23@gmail.com or check her out under 🌌Aoife Skye🌌 on Pinterest! A one night st...
359K 9.4K 49
Ever since Dream broke up with his boyfriend, his roommates have been trying to get him someone new. George has had a bad past relationship so he's s...
98.7K 4.4K 20
As a vampire, Dream has always looked forward to the day he would finally hunt down and taste human blood. But when a secretive and stubborn human na...
218K 4.1K 24
thank you for all the support :) <3 using dnf to improve my writingπŸ‘πŸ» Will mostly be all fluff and a few angst here and there !I WILL NOT BE WRITIN...