Arshi's Book of OS

By Angel23_Writes

Peep in to know more. More

OS: How it started..
OS: My friend.. my Teacher!
OS: Jab Tum Hote Ho!
OS: I am hurt!
OS: Mama aur Buaji ki Love Story!
OS: Basanti!
OS: Late.. but she realized it..
OS: Sanki!
OS: My friend's fault!
OS: Kiss me!
OS: Love in Hospital!
OS: My Irritating brother!
OS: Trust..
OS: Trust - 2
OS: Trust - 3
OS: Our Love Story!
OS: My doctor
OS: Coca Cola Tu!
OS: Falling for you again!
OS: Na Tum Janoo Na Hum!
OS: Zaalim!
OS: Zaalima!
OS: Special Birthday!
OS: The Plan!
OS: I missed You!
OS: World War III
OS: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan!
OS: Welcome Happiness in my Life!
Part 2 - Welcome Happiness in my Life!
OS: Dobara
OS: Drunk Arnav ji!

Part 3 - Welcome Happiness in my Life!

5.8K 428 95
By Angel23_Writes

9am.
At the shopping mall.

"Khushi bitiya can you take me to a  jewelry store? It's my dear long time friend's birthday next week and I want to gift her something special and precious," Nani asked taking a seat opposite to Khushi's chair at the restaurant. They were almost done with Arnav's birthday party shopping, but Nani was getting tired of roaming around, so Khushi decided to take a break and took Nani to a restaurant so they could have something to refresh their energies to continue with the shopping.

Khushi was mostly excited to get Arnav's gift, but after getting to know the kind of relationship he shared with Lavanya, she decided that his gift would be the last thing she would buy from this place.. or better, not buy it at all.

"Of course Nani. I will take you to a nice jewelry store here. They have the best collection of necklaces," Khushi replied faking a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"I see you like necklaces.. I'll buy it for you as well then," Nani smiled at her.

Khushi shook her head, "It's nothing like that Nani.. the owner of that store is Arnav ji's friend. He keeps sending pictures of the new collections to Arnav ji to show it to me. That's why I know.. they're indeed beautiful jewelries, but I find it too expensive."

"So what? Chote earns money to pamper you only," Nani shrugged with teasing smile.

Khushi forced a smile on her lips. Why did she mention his name in the conversation? Now Nani will keep teasing her with his name, and she'll have a hard time controlling her tears.

The waiter approached them much to Khushi's relief, politely asking their orders. After he was done taking a note of their orders, Khushi excused herself and went to the washroom.

She opened the tap and splashed water furiously on her face, hiding the tears that slipped continuously from her eyes. She closed the tap and stood there, looking at her own reflection in the mirror, not knowing what to do or what to feel about the whole situation happening in her life.

She shut her eyes tightly and covered her mouth with her palms to control her sobs. She was so happy to celebrate her husband's birthday with him, his first birthday after their marriage. She wanted to do everything to make him feel special. She had everything planned in her mind, but ever since his family arrived, nothing has worked according to her plans. First, she had decided to keep a party for family and close friends for Arnav due to his introvert personality, she thought it was best to keep the celebration limited to people he felt comfortable with, but she was informed by Nani that her sister in law, Anjali wanted to throw a huge birthday party for her brother with family, friends, business partners, models, media people.. literally the whole fashion world. She didn't question nor objected Anjali taking control over the birthday preparations, understanding that Anjali stays for a long time without seeing her brother who lives in Mumbai, so if making the arrangements for her brother made her feel happy for doing something special for him, she wouldn't interfere in her decisions. 

Second, from the time she has met with Anjali and Payal, she has been feeling negative vibes from them. She feels uncomfortable around these two women, who seemed to dislike her for petty reasons. Khushi had noticed how Payal seemed to get furious and jealous, whenever her mother in law, Manorama praised Khushi for her values, for her religious knowledge, for her cooking skills, her way of behaving with the elders, her simplicity and so on. The same way, she had noticed how Anjali is possessive about Arnav and how she looked unhappy with the fact that a girl like her is her brother's wife. Till now, she has been avoiding interacting with these two women as she doesn't want to spoil her husband's birthday, she doesn't want to make him choose sides on his special day. Even though, Anjali and Payal had been disturbing her peace of mind, she has been trying her best to maintain herself composed in front of Raizada family members, especially Arnav. 

But as said, and correctly so, there's a limit to everything in this life. And there's a limit to her tolerance level as well. She accepted being kept away from the discussions and decisions of her husband's birthday party, she tolerated the taunts and disgusting looks Anjali and Payal had been giving her ever since they reached home, but she couldn't tolerate his family inviting Arnav's ex girlfriend to his birthday party without even consulting her before, and the worst part, she had no knowledge about his ex girlfriend and their past. 

Anjali, Payal and Lavanya's evil laughter haunted her mind as she kept getting the flashbacks of the conversation, she overheard between the three ladies when she descended the stairs to leave with Nani after confronting Arnav about his past with Lavanya.

Flashback

"Lavanya you need to remind Chote today about his most embarrassing birthday ever," Anjali chuckled, chatting with Lavanya and Payal in the living room.

"Oh yeah.. I heard about that from Akash," Payal giggled, "I couldn't believe what I heard.. You two were crazy!"

"Di.. Payal please!" Lavanya bit her lips embarrassedly, looking down at the floor.

"What please? Just for fun.. I'm sure everyone will laugh about that day now.. even Chote! You don't need to be embarrassed now," Anjali pulled Lavanya's cheek, as she convinced Lavanya to tease her brother.

"Everyone might laugh except his wife. I don't think ASR told her about me. Now just imagine how would she feel if she gets to know that Nani caught us making love on his birthday in the past," Lavanya said, pretending to not approve Anjali's idea.

"It's past now. She doesn't have to feel bad about it," Anjali shrugged.

Khushi covered her mouth with her palm to suppress a gasp, she was shocked and disgusted to hear the truth about her husband. Why had he lied to her that he'd never been physically intimate with anyone before? And the fact that Nani had to witness that scene made her feel more disgusted and wonder what kind of man she married. She has always believed in physical intimacy after marriage and hearing about her husband's past acts shocked her deeply. She realized that she was completely different from him and his lifestyle. It scared her now. If this is just a glimpse into Arnav's dark past that he has kept hidden from her, then will she be able to wholeheartedly accept him now?

Nani walked out of the kitchen and gazed at Khushi standing at the staircase lost in her thoughts. She shouted to gain her attention, "Khushi bitiya.. What are you doing there? Let's go.. the driver must be waiting for us."

Khushi quickly composed herself, nodding her head, she descended the stairs and approached Nani as they headed together to the door.

Flashback ends.

************************************

Khushi walked back to her table, joining Nani who smiled a little at her.

She took her seat, much more composed now, not letting her face expressions give an hint to Nani that she had been crying in the washroom.

As their chocolate cake and two cups of cappuccino arrived, Nani thought to initiate a conversation with Khushi.

"Khushi bitiya are you happy?.. I mean with my grandson. It's been six months to your marriage, I hope he has been treating you well," Nani smiled, although she knew the answer, still she wanted to know it from Khushi's mouth and feel the satisfaction of being the cupid in their love story.

"I am, Nani," Khushi replied, half-smiling. She took a sip of her cappuccino, and when she raised her eyes to glance at Nani, she noticed the elder lady's face drop, taken aback by her curt reply devoid of any overwhelming emotion.

"I'm very happy with Arnav ji, Nani. He's a good person, yes a bit short tempered but I can handle it. He takes care of my every need. He fulfills my silly wishes. He listens to my silly talks patiently. He's very sweet, caring and patient with me. Although we have had ups and downs like every married couple in their daily lives, overall I am very happy with him in these six months, quite contrary to what I had predicted when I learned that I would have to marry a man who lives far from my place (Lucknow), and that I would have to adapt to another city and its lifestyle different from mine. Arnav ji has made this transition of my life, from Lucknow to Mumbai, from single to married, much easier for me than I thought. If you ask me now, if I would like to go back to Lucknow, I would think twice.. because I've started liking Mumbai, the memories I've here with Arnav ji, our home.. and especially him," although, Khushi detailed the previous answer to make Nani less suspicious of the fact that she was upset with Arnav, but the moment she started talking about her husband, the words just kept flowing out of her mouth and the realization strike upon her that this is the man she fell in love with and she couldn't ignore the beautiful memories of these six months that he has given to her to judge him over an incident of his past.

Khushi's answer brought relief back to Nani's face, she took a piece of her chocolate cake calmly now, "I'm much relieved and happy to hear this from you bitiya. I feel proud of the man Chote has become. He's very close and dear to me."

Khushi smiled, "Yes, he told me you're his best friend."

Nani nodded acknowledgingly, "I stood by his side when he was lost in his past. I guided him to the right path. That's why, he considers me as his best friend. He comes to me whenever when he wants to share something, be it good or bad of his life." 

Khushi stare at Nani curiously, "Lost?"

"Khushi bitiya I don't want to go into detail on this subject because he wanted to tell you about his past himself," Nani replied in a serious tone.

"I think I know about his past now," Khushi said in low tone, her eyes lowered to meet her cappuccino rested on the table.

"How do you know?" Nani frowned slightly.

"I overheard Di, Payal and Lavanya's conversation.. they were talking about it," Khushi replied.

"Still, I advice you to listen about his past from him directly Khushi bitiya. He will tell you the unadulterated truth," Nani said, resting her palm on the back of Khushi's hand, blinking her eyes.

"Now I understand why Anjali and Payal bitiya invited Lavanya to this birthday party. They wanted to create misunderstandings between Chote and Khushi," Nani muttered to herself, frowning deeply as she looked away, making a mental note to go back home and have a serious talk with them.

Khushi too made a note to reach home as soon as possible and have a conversation with her husband over his past.

************************************

Mr. & Mrs. Raizada Mansion.

Arnav had been pacing around the garden side for good long 15 minutes, angry with himself, for hurting Khushi and hiding a part of his past from her in fear of getting judged or looked down upon by his wife. He regretted his decision for taking time to open up with Khushi about Lavanya, now that his past took an entry in his life without a warning and his present was shaking due to storm of his past, if he had forecasted the right moment to tell Khushi about his past, his present would have been prepared to face this storm. He hated himself at the moment for making Khushi go through all this.

Lavanya had been noticing him, walking cluelessly around the garden,  feeling a sharp pain in her heart realizing that this man was so close to be hers, but that one incident of their past spoiled their relationship. He was so perfect for a woman like her, not Khushi. They would have a beautiful future together. She thought with a frown adorning her forehead.

Pushing the thoughts running in her mind aside, she marched towards him to initiate a conversation. It's been long since they had one. He didn't even acknowledge her presence in the house yet. As if she didn't exist for him.

"Hi ASR," she approached him with a charming smile.

"Why are you here?" he stopped on his track, snapping at her.

"Relax!" Lavanya widened her eyes, taken aback by his tone, "I just came here to have a conversation with you. You didn't even greet me inside," her tone softened.

"Don't play dumb now Lavanya. I'm asking why did you came here to my house," he glared at her.

"Oh, your family invited me to your birthday party. How could I refuse them?"

"And your father allowed you to come here?" Arnav asked sarcastically.

"He broke the ties with your family, I didn't Arnav. I still kept my relationship intact with the members of your family, except you. You distanced yourself from me, not me. Why do you keep punishing me for what my father did?" she confronted him angrily.

"I never wanted to punish you for anything, so throw this theory of yours to the dustbin. I distanced myself from you because you father asked me to,"

"And if Papa never asked you to stay away from me, then?" her eyes moistened a bit, she bit her lips waiting eagerly for his answer.

"Then I would have maintained a cordial relationship with you," he replied honestly but the moment he saw a smile emerging on her face, he knew she understood it all wrong, "It was never love Lavanya, even before we parted ways. I'll always regret asking you to be my girlfriend when I had no feelings for you. For that, I'm really sorry. I could have spoiled your life if my Nani didn't made an entry at the right time and stopped me from doing what was wrong."

"Gosh ASR... You need not to say sorry for that. We were young and had pretty much the same feelings for each other. Don't just blame yourself," Lavanya spoke the moment she could see real guilt in his brown eyes. She never understood why Arnav took that incident of their past so seriously, that he actually obeyed her father and kept the distance between them, he went to study abroad and even shifted to another city to set up his business. She never had a proper chance to reconcile with him later. She only got the news from Anjali that he would marry a girl his Nani choose for him. Anjali assured her that Arnav was forced into this marriage, that's why she came here with a hope to get him back to her life. This time, giving time to each other to fall in love.

"Lavanya I request you to not mention anything about our past to Khushi. I want to be the first person to tell her about it," Arnav said in serious tone.

"Can I ask you something first?"

"Hmm"

"Do you really love her?" she asked, staring intently into his eyes, that never failed to make the truth reach to her eyes.

"I do.. I love her a lot. She's the happiness of my life," he gave his honest reply.

"Then I'm really sorry ASR.. Di sold a different story to me.. and I agreed to do what she asked me to," Lavanya bit her lips, guiltily.

"What?" Arnav frowned. His heart skipped a beat for a second. He didn't know what Lavanya filled in Khushi's ears and she's not even home now.

Lavanya told him about the  conversation they planned for Khushi to hear and create misunderstandings between the couple and the other plans they had in mind during her stay in the house.

"Lavanya.. how could you-" Arnav changed his calm tone to a rough one while dealing with Lavanya now, however, he couldn't continue bursting out his anger on her as they were interrupted by Mamta, HP's wife, quarreling with the security guards.

He walked towards them along with Anjali and Mami who came from the opposite direction to his to check what was happening outside the gate of house.

"Sir! Did you recognize me?" Mamta waved trying to get Arnav's attention, she pushed the guards aside and rushed to Arnav, smiling sweetly, wiping the sweat beads on her forehead.

Arnav nodded as he looked at his guards waiting for his permission to get back to their work, "She's HP's wife.. no problem. Get back to work."

The guards nodded as they walked back to the gate.

"What a shame.. even sir recognized me and you guys didn't.. I don't come here often but fix this face of mine in your minds at least now so we don't have to fight next time," Mamta shouted at the guards who royally ignored her.

Arnav chuckled a bit, shaking his head in disbelief, "Mamta calm down. Go and meet HP now."

Mamta nodded her head giggling, she was about to leave but noticed a vendor calling out to people to buy his bangles. She smiled gleefully, shouting again to the vendor, "Oh bhai sahab.. wait for few minutes.. I'll go and ask my husband to buy it for me."

Saying this, she went running inside the house, calling for her husband enthusiastically.

"God.. Chote.. just look at you. You even know your servant's wife name. Khushi's company is definitely affecting you now," Anjali frowned unpleasantly.

"HP is like a brother to me. He grew up with me that's why Nani send him to me when I shifted to Mumbai. I don't know about you, but I consider him as my own family. His family matter to me too," he spoke in no nonsense tone.

Anjali rolled her eyes in response, irking Arnav more now that he knew she was behind Lavanya's presence in this house and they had planned to create misunderstandings in his marriage.

"I need to talk to you later," his tone was cold and Anjali sensed the difference in his behavior with her, she glanced at Lavanya standing behind him with her head hung down and took a sharp breath, glaring at Lavanya for spoiling everything. She could even imagine Lavanya melting for Arnav and blurting out the truth to him.

She walked back inside the house, clutching her fist, trying to control her anger over the situation. Since the time she had arrived in this house, along with the birthday party of her brother, she was determined to show him that he made a wrong choice by giving in to Nani's choice and get married to Khushi. But all her plans backfired on her. It seems she'll go back home making her brother upset with her.

Mami and Lavanya followed Anjali's steps with nothing else to do outside.

HP was being dragged by his wife to the gate and he kept whining on the way.

"Sir please make my husband understand that he needs to pamper me, buy me my favorite things.. please, put some sense into his mind," Mamta complained, standing in front of Arnav now.

"She's right HP! Go buy her some bangles," Arnav smirked at the poor HP who just got smacked on arm by his wife who muttered to him to obey his Arnav bhaiya at least.

"Okay bhaiya," HP nodded, frowning at Mamta as he signaled her to walk ahead and he followed her to the bangles seller who stood near the mansion waiting for them.

Arnav headed back home, but halted on his way as he reminded himself that his wife too loves bangles. He should buy it for her. He knows it won't make up for hiding his past from her, but he expects it to least make her less upset with him.

He turned his feet, running outside the gate to catch the bangles seller before he leaves.

He approached HP and Mamta, who quickly moved aside to give him space, "Do you also want to buy bangles for your wife sir?"

Arnav nodded his head with a small smile, "Yes.. she loves them."

"Hayee.. Hari ji showed me Khushi ma'am in their YouTube videos. You two make a great gorgeous couple," Mamta giggled blushing, she turned her head to the vendor, "Bhai sahab show sir the best quality bangles you've. He wants to gift it to his wife."

HP face palmed, staring at his wife who keeps talking non-stop no matter who's standing in front of her.

"Give me a dozen of that red and the green one too," Arnav pointed it out with his index finger, while his other hand made way to the wallet in his pant pocket to take out money to pay for the bangles.

"Hayeee.. Sir ji app toh romantic hero nikle (You turned out to be a romantic hero)" Mamta giggling again, turning to her husband she glared at him, "Learn something from Sir ji, Hari ji.. You have thrown whatever little knowledge you had of romance after our marriage to the dustbin. I'm sure you must have fallen for some YouTuber kuddi, that's why you don't give me attention now."

"That's not true Mamta. Khushi does keep a watch on him in their YouTube activities. He's not betraying you. And about the romance, I promise to give him some holidays very soon so that he dedicate his complete time in loving you the way you deserve," he winked at Mamta, teasing HP who made a crying face, totally embarrassed with the conversation.

Mamta hide her face with the duppata, giggling shyly, "App bhi na Sir ji.. I was just complaining like that.."

The driver halted in front of their mansion, gaining Arnav's attention who turned his head to glance at Khushi and Nani getting down the car.

HP rushed to help the ladies with the shopping bags.

"Sir ji your wife came at the right time.. she'll be so happy to see you bought these bangles for her," Mamta whispered to him smiling.

"I hope so," Arnav smiled at her, taking the box of bangles the seller handed it to him carefully, he thanked the man and headed to his wife, hesitantly for the first time.

Khushi watched him approach her, she too started to take baby steps towards him. As he got closer to her, she looked up at him with her tearful hazel eyes, before resting her head on his chest, she closed her eyes finding solace in hearing his heartbeat. This little distance accompanied by an unfinished conversation between them that could clear the misunderstandings was enough to make her heart wrench in pain.

Arnav circled one of his arms around her petite waist, dropping a kiss on the centre parting of her forehead, with closed eyes.

"Arnav ji," she whispered, looking up at him to tell him that she was willing to hear him out, but the moment her eyes fell on his nose, a sweet smile erupted on her lips, she raised her index finger and flicked his nose, "Tumhara naak laal ho gaya! (Your nose turned red)."

Arnav glanced at her finger she had shown to him and realized it was her sindoor that got transferred to his nose when he kissed her.

"Always stay together like this you two," Nani approached them with a smile playing on her lips.

"Promise Nani!" Arnav tightened his grip around his shy wife's waist, who wiggled to come out of his hold when she became aware of their surroundings, Nani, HP, Mamta and the driver had been watching them lost in their world.

Nani smiled satisfied with his answer, she looked behind, calling HP to follow her inside the house with their shopping bags. HP signaled his wife to follow him so that he could introduce her to Nani.

Khushi looked up at Arnav once they were left alone, "Arnav ji.. we need to talk. I'm still upset with you."

Arnav face fell, he nodded his head agreeing that they needed to talk. He needed to clear her doubts, especially after she overheard the false version of his past. He was also much relieved that Khushi was willing to hear him out. He doesn't know what made her change her mind. Was his Nani behind this change of hers? He thought staring at her intently.

"Chalein (Let's go)," she held his hand, guiding him back to their home, when her eyes fell on his other hand, holding a plastic bangle box. She smiled lightly but didn't spoke anything.

Arnav's eyes followed her gaze, he lifted the box to hand it to her, "I bought bangles for you.. red and green color.. your favorite, right?"

Khushi nodded her head, taking the box from his hand as she fondly admired his choice of bangles.

************************************************************************

Anjali's room:

"Lavanya why did you open your mouth in front of Chote? You just ruined everything," Anjali paced around the room, glaring at Lavanya who spoiled her plans, "Now because of you, Chote will get angry with me. He will not understand that I'm trying to save him from spending his life with a good for nothing, middle class woman. I brought you here to get you close to him, so that he realizes the kind of woman that he deserves to be called his wife. But you just spoiled everything Lavanya.. Why did you even told him about that fake conversation of ours? You landed me in trouble now."

"I would have happily got involved in your plan Di if ASR was indeed forced into this marriage by his Nani. But it's not true, he loves her a lot and I'm not going to make a fool out of myself here. I've better things to do in my life than running behind a married man who's happy and well settled in his life. You should have told me earlier about this," Lavanya replied equally angry with Anjali.

"He's lying.. He's not happy with a woman like Khushi. I know my brother. He's just doing this to keep my Nani happy," Anjali shut her eyes tightly frustrated. She has been trying to tell everyone that Arnav isn't happy in this marriage, but everyone seems hell bent on proving her wrong.

"He's happy Anjali bitiya.. It's only you who doesn't want to acknowledge his happiness, because you don't want to accept Khushi as your sister in law," Nani walked in the room, staring sternly at her granddaughter.

"Nani please.. I'm talking to Lavanya. Couldn't you knock the door before coming in and poking your nose into  my business?" Anjali asked pissed off.

"Don't use that tone with me," Nani raised her tone, "And you're the one who shouldn't be poking your nose into your brother's marriage. I can't believe you brought Lavanya here to create misunderstandings between Chote and Khushi. We came here to celebrate his birthday, make him happy with our visit, but you're hell bent on ruining his special day."

"I don't want to ruin his birthday. You know very well that I've been planning everything to make his birthday party perfect for him only," Anjali frowned.

"Then you should understand that his birthday will only be special with Khushi by his side. If you hurt his Khushi, then you're ruining his birthday too. Do you know why? They are life partners now, what you do to one will surely affect the other. If you try to separate him from Khushi, you'll be hurting your own brother Anjali bitiya. Open your eyes and understand this, Chote will never leave Khushi bitiya because she's less educated, middle class girl or a house wife. He loves her and accepted her the way she is. What you are doing now will only affect your relationship with your brother, you'll make him distance from himself from you if you don't respect his decisions. Don't spoil your relationship with your brother by doing all this, please!" Nani said and left from there.

"What rubbish.. Nani thinks we're living in a movie," Anjali rolled her eyes.

Lavanya got up from her bed and walked to Anjali, resting her hand on Anjali's shoulder, "I think you should listen to your Nani, Di. ASR truly loves that woman. I've seen it in his eyes. You know it better than me that his eyes speaks aloud what he can't convey with his mouth."

"Lavanya you too-"

"Please Di.. I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I truly respect and I have feelings for your brother. If he wasn't happy with this marriage, I would have happily waited for him to give us another chance. But not anymore.." Lavanya sighed, she walked away from the room leaving Anjali frustrated as no one seemed to be understanding her point of view. She wasn't her brother's enemy, she just wanted the best for him. And Khushi wasn't definitely the best for him.

************************************

Arshi's room

Khushi noticed Arnav a little hesitant and uncomfortable to share his past with her, maybe he thought she would judge him or because she was upset with him, hence he was unable to open up with her like he is used to.

She got up from her seat beside him in the middle of their bed making him a panic for a second which soon got replaced by astonishment when she sat on his lap, facing him and wrapped her legs around his waist, she ruffled his hair lovingly as she always does, staring right into his eyes warmly, "Tell me about your past Arnav ji.. I'll accept you even with your past.. because You are the man I love."

Although he was surprised with her bold move, he was definitely more comfortable now to talk with her. He felt close to his Mimi now. And the words she choose were comforting enough for him to start sharing what happened in past to her.

"You know that I was raised by Nani after my parents left me," he initiated making Khushi nod in acknowledgement, he circled his arms around her waist, slowly pulling her closer to him, "She was strict and conservative with my upbringing. I was a teenager that time and I used to feel caged under her rules and regulations that I had to obey inside and outside the house. Like the other boys of my age, I wanted to explore new things in life. I felt the pressure to fit in the group of my friends.. I didn't want to be the odd one who never tried any adventure in life. And this how I started smoking secretly from Nani, I tried alcohol for the first in my life and I used to lie to her that I would be sleeping in my friend's house to study, but it was to join my friend's parties. Then everyone started asking me when will I get a girlfriend.. and the only girl close to me was Lavanya, my family's friend. I got in touch with her, we started dating and on my 18th birthday, I asked for a kiss.. that was supposed to be our first kiss."

"Khushi are you okay?" Arnav stopped to ask her concernedly, as he looked at her frowning slightly, deeply lost in her thoughts.

Khushi nodded her head, "Yeah yeah.. continue!". Khushi immediately got alerted when Arnav mentioned that he wanted the first kiss from Lavanya and not physical intimacy as she heard from Lavanya, she realized that Nani was right, Lavanya indeed added more to the story here.

"When we were done cutting the cake, I took Lavanya to my room before anyone noticed us disappear from the party. We shared few talks, I calmed her down because she was nervous to share her first kiss with me, I made her sit on my lap and we were just about to kiss when Nani appeared suddenly in my room and she witnessed the scene. Before she could react to anyone, Lavanya's father too caught us in a compromising position. He shouted to Lavanya to leave my room that moment. Lavanya left and I was left with him and Nani. He slapped me, scolded me a lot that day as any father would do, disclosed to Nani about my bad habits as he had heard it from one of my friend's parents, and asked me to stay away from his daughter. What hurt me the most that day was when he compared me to my father in anger, he said I was following the steps of my father and he would never let Lavanya be in the place of my mother. I saw my Nani's head hung down in shame as she kept listening everything Lavanya's father said and she couldn't even say a word in my defense. That day I deeply regretted going against her rules and advices. That day I saw tears in her eyes and I was responsible for it. She always loved me the most and I made her feel ashamed to face Lavanya's father."

Khushi felt bad for him. Now she understood why Nani says she's proud of the man Arnav has become, he definitely changed for better.

"After that day, I refused to come out of my room, ashamed to face Nani after my deeds. Everyone in my family was gossiping about this. And I didn't have courage to face them. Everyone thought, I wanted to get physically intimate to Lavanya that day and even if I said anything, it wouldn't make a difference. This version of the story was sold to everyone present in the party. Nani came to my room, she explained to me seriously and calmly, that what I had done was wrong and I would have to face the consequences of my deeds. That she was ready to stand by my side and fight against anyone who will point a finger at me, if I promise to correct my mistakes. She asked me to quit smoking and drinking and to never use a girl like that for my selfish needs. She made me realize that although she understands I was eager to explore more my relationship with Lavanya, I would have regretted badly in future if I got intimidate to Lavanya without being in love with her. She asked me to be patient and wait till I truly find someone whom I love and trust to give my heart, body and soul to that person."

"I obeyed Nani's every word not wanting to make her upset with me this time. I asked her to send me abroad for my further studies. Because I wanted to get away from that environment, from my friends.. I feared I would go back to my old ways again. After I completed my college studies in London, I shifted to Mumbai because Di was planning to open a new branch of AR here and I was ready to handle it on my own. I always kept a distance from Lavanya as her father asked me to and I promised Nani that I wouldn't go back to her nor be seen near her again to protect her reputation and dignity in the society. I don't know how but I guess she managed to convince her father to be friends with Di and Payal.  He might still hold grudges against me and my family, but I guess he's not that strict with Lavanya anymore as she's grown up woman now," Arnav finished, he looked up at Khushi, waiting for her reaction.

"And why didn't you tell me this before?" Khushi asked softly yet a complaining tone.

"I was afraid you would judge me at first Mimi.. I know I should have told you before but every time I wanted to speak to you.. I used to get scared of your reaction. You're so innocent and pure like a child, a simple traditional girl, I was afraid my past might drive you away from me. I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry Khushi. I never imagined Lavanya would come up here and you would have to face this situation because of me. It wasn't me who invited Lavanya here.. It was all Di's plan-"

"Shh!" Khushi rested her index finger on her lips, "I'm not as good as you think I'm.. initially when I overheard the conversation between Di, Payal and Lavanya about your past, I too judged you Arnav ji.. I thought bad of you.. but then while talking with Nani about you, I realize that I love the man you've become now, and it was those mistakes you've committed in your past that helped you transform into this man you're today. I love you Arnav ji.. and I accept you wholeheartedly, even with your past. Don't hide anything from me now."

Arnav nodded his head.

"And I'm sorry too.. for judging you," Khushi said honestly as she withdrew her finger from his lips, leaning closer to his face, eyeing his lips.

"Mimi you're giving me shock after shock today. Let me lock the door first," Arnav whispered making her lay on the bed, he hurriedly got up from the bed and rushed to lock the door. This time, no one should interrupt him.. because this time, he has found the woman he loves and trusts to give his heart, body and soul to her.

************************************

Sometime later..

Arnav couldn't stop staring at his wife sleeping peacefully after their love making, there was something so visually beautiful about her that he couldn't keep his eyes off her even after long hours of his staring session. He wondered if it was her petite body covered in the fuffly white blanket leaving only her bare shoulders visible to him, the vermilion on her partition, the mangalsutra tied around her neck, the little close to an invisible soft smile on her lips or the red bangles he gifted to her adorning her wrists.. or was it a combination of everything turned into a beautiful painting that only he was privileged to appreciate?

Unwillingly, he got out of bed, picking up his clothes from the floor and dressed quickly, still keeping his gaze fixed on her the entire time.

He needed to have a serious conversation with his sister now before she escapes from his sight with the party preparations excuse.

Before leaving the room, he walked back to Khushi, dropping a gentle kiss on her forehead and whispered sweet nothings to her which made her smile a little more in her sleep.

************************************

He walked straight to Anjali's room, finding his Nani on the way, who stopped him, holding his arm.

"Good that I found you.. Your jiju and Khushi bitiya's family are here. Go downstairs and greet them," Nani informed him.

"Dammit," Arnav shut his eyes momentarily, cursing under his breath. He knew Anjali has found a way to escape from him now that her husband came.

"Chote!" Nani looked at him in disbelief, "Kya hua? Aren't you happy that your jiju and your in laws are here?

"It's nothing like that Nani. I'm happy.. It's just I wanted to talk with Di before Jiju comes here.. You don't know what she did.."

"I know and I already talked to her. It's of no use, she wont understand anything. She's blind by her hatred for Khushi bitiya's class, education and upbringing. She has problems with everything related to Khushi bitiya. You'll just waste your time talking to a wall. Let's go downstairs now.. everyone is asking for you and Khushi bitiya.. I had to keep giving excuses to them so that you good get time to talk to Khushi bitiya about your past, but it seems you used that time for something else!" Nani dragged him along with her, rubbing the side of his neck on the way, glaring at him for flaunting his hickeys, "Cover this.. Do you want to face your in laws like this?"

Arnav quickly buttoned his shirt property and straightened his collar to cover his neck, "You're talking as if I'm the one who did this to myself."

"Chup.. Besharam! I didn't ask for details," Nani shook her head in disbelief, chanting her mantras on the way making Arnav chuckle at her.

"And where's Khushi bitiya? I hope she's downstairs already," Nani asked.

"She's sleeping.. Nani let her rest. She's drained mentally and physically as well ever since my birthday week started. Only now I'm seeing her sleeping peacefully.. let's not disturb her," Arnav said, "Please!" he added a second later.

"But-"

"Don't worry.. I will handle my Sasuma, Sasur ji and Buaji," he winked at Nani, descending the stairs with her. Nani shook her head smiling have no reason left to argument further.

************************************

At the living room:

Arnav walked in the living room with HP and Mamta following him with trays of juice and snacks for Shyam and his in laws. 

He handed the glass of juices to each one of them and signaled HP to keep the tray of snacks in the center table.

Taking his seat on the single sofa arm, beside his Nani, he whispered to her, "See how I know how to serve my Jiju and my in laws!"

"Khushi bitiya taught you well," Nani smirked.

"Yeah yeah.. give all the credits to your Khushi bitiya," he shook his head.

"Just look at him Shyam.. She's teaching my brother to behave like a middle class man now. He just served you juice now when he has servants to do this job," Anjali gritted her teeth, furrowing her brows.

Shyam nodded his head slightly, feeling pity of Arnav.

"I can't believe we're going to sleep in the same house with these middle class people," Payal whispered to Akash, making disgusting faces while staring at Khushi's family.

"Payal keep quiet!" Akash glared at her, "Someone might listen to you."

Payal rolled her eyes in response, "I see you've no problem with these people because your mother was one of them too!"

Akash looked back at her, deeply hurt with her words. He got up from the sofa and walked away from there. Payal bit her tongue realizing what she said mindlessly. She followed him hurriedly to pacify him.

"Arnav bitwa where did you hide our Titaliya?" Buaji asked teasingly.

"Your Titaliya went to shopping mall this morning with Nani. She's exhausted and resting for a while. I guess you all are tired of traveling, so I'd suggest you follow your Titaliya's example and take a rest for a while. It's Saturday and we can have lunch late today.. that's no problem," Arnav replied.

Everyone agreed to his words. Anjali took her husband to her room, while HP helped Guptas with their bags and guided them to their respective rooms.

"Hello hi bye bye.. Me is also going to rest.. tomorrow is Arnav bitwa's birthday party.. and I should look my best," Mami said caressing her cheeks as she left the living room, heading to her room.

Nani looked impressed how her grandson handled the situation. She kept smiling at him.

"You can do anything for Khushi, right?" she asked amused, "Even making everyone rest so that your wife gets more time to rest."

Arnav nodded smiling lightly. Nani tugged on his ear making Arnav hiss in pain, "Ouch Nani.. Don't do that.."

"Kya hua? I didn't even pull your ear aggressively," Nani frowned, wondering how he felt so much pain when she was just teasing him.

Arnav cleared his throat, looking away embarrassed again.

Nani widened her eyes in shock as realization dawned upon on her, she embarrassedly got up from the sofa and headed to her room, smiling on the way, praying to God to keep both always together and happy the way she witnessed it during her stay in their house.

************************************

Arshi's room:

Khushi woke up and sat up in bed, covering her chest with the blanket, she rubbed her eyes cutely, looking around the room as she slowly began to realize that he slept during the day after making love to her husband with their family members in the house. She gasped at the boldness she displayed to even try something like this with her family members at home, "Today I crossed the line of shamelessness," she muttered to herself.

Arnav, who had been watching her cute antics, leaning against the glass door that gives entry to the poolside, smiled at her: "Relax... It's all under control!"

"What do you mean?"

"Your family is here," he informed knowing very she would panic now, that's why he joined her on the bed, pulling her closer to him, he circled his arms around her, "Mimi you just have to apply foundation to cover those hickeys on your body. I've handled everything else downstairs. No one knows what happened here except.... Nani."

Khushi gasped with wide eyes, "You told Nani?"

"No, I didn't.. It's your kitten-in-bed attitude that leaves marks all over my body.. and she noticed it," he complained making Khushi open her mouth in 'O' shape as she looked at him in disbelief.

"I will give you enough time to treat your wounds, Arnav ji!" she said in threatening tone, smiling sweetly at him.

Arnav got the message, "Nooo. I don't need time. I was just kidding Mimi."

Khushi pecked his cheek, giggling at his panicked expression, "Now let me freshen up. I have to go downstairs to meet Amma, Babu ji and Buaji. They'll definitely scold me for this."

"They won't.. they're resting now. I told them that you're tired of shopping with Nani, that's why you were taking a rest. So now you've time to take a shower, set the lunch table with HP and his wife and spend a little extra time with your hubby," he pinched her nose.

Khushi sighed in relief, realizing Arnav handled the situation very well. He lifted her into his arms, heading to the bathroom, "We can take a shower together now."

"Hmm," Khushi smiled shyly, resting her head on his shoulder.

After showering together, Arshi changed into their comfy clothes. Arnav helped Khushi hide her visible hickeys with foundation.

"How will I face Nani now?" Khushi pouted staring at him through the mirror.

"Don't worry.. she won't a say a word to you. She wants to play with her great grandkids asap too," he placed a moist kiss on her nape, dropping the foundation on the top of the dresser.

Khushi giggled shyly, shaking her head at him, "Shameless!!"

"And Khushi avoid talking to Di, Payal or Lavanya now. They want to hurt you. Just ignore their presence till they're here," Arnav said in serious tone, "But if they do something to provoke or hurt you, then don't keep quiet thinking about me. Take a stand for yourself."

Khushi nodded her head, she turned to him and hugged him.

"No one is obligated to like you or accept you, but when they are in our house, they must respect you," he said coldly thinking about Anjali and Payal.

Khushi's eyes watered. She knew she tried to strike up a small conversation with Anjali and Payal, but they never reciprocated. They looked at her like she is dirt. And she was shocked to learn that they could stop so low by inviting Lavanya to create misunderstandings between her and Arnav's relationship.

But in the midst of it all, she is happy to have her husband's support. She feels like they've passed yet another test that fate has written for them and their love will definitely get stronger than before now.

************************************

At the kitchen

Khushi was much relieved after setting the lunch table with HP and Mamta. Now she was just waiting for their family to come downstairs to have lunch together after taking their rest.

She stayed with HP and Mamta to chit chat for a while.

"The bangles Sir ji bought for you look so lovely on your wrists, Khushi ma'am," Mamta said chirpily.

"Thank you!" Khushi blushed, staring at the red bangles clinking together on her wrists.

"The cheap red bangles he bought on the road to compensate for hiding his past from you!" Anjali interrupted their conversation, chuckling mockingly at Khushi, "You are really a cheap woman to accept a cheap apology like this!"

HP and Mamta frowned hearing Anjali insulting Khushi.

Khushi looked at Anjali with a small calm smile, "I'm happy the way I am! I definitely wouldn't want to be in your place in my life. An upper-class, educated, married woman, working in such a large company, and still has time to think of typical serial strategies and plans to destroy her brother's marriage. I mean.. that's such a insult to your person. Don't do this to yourself Di."

HP and Mamta looked at each other and smirked victoriously.

That moment Anjali felt insulted by a mere middle class woman. It felt like she got an invisible slap from Khushi.

And she wouldn't leave without settling the score with Khushi. She approached Khushi with a wicked smile, "I came here to let you know that you can throw all the things you bought for my brother's birthday party. You see... last minute change in plan. We won't have his birthday party at home now. Because I decided to have his birthday party in a reserved restaurant of the XYZ hotel, all the arrangements have been taken care of. So you don't have to worry. It will be the best birthday party he ever celebrated in his life!"

"Indeed, it's going to be the best birthday party for him. Because I'm still going to use the items I bought  with Nani and hold a little midnight birthday party for him with family and close friends, just the way he wanted. He's having two parties now, isn't that great Di?" Khushi smirked.

Anjali's face clearly showed she felt defeated by Khushi now. Glaring dangerously at Khushi, she walked away from the kitchen.

Khushi shook her head in disbelief.

"Ma'am what a reply.. I really enjoyed it," Mamta giggled, clapping for Khushi.

"And we will help you with the decorations and cake for Sir ji.. You'll see he'll enjoy our party more than hers," Mamta said with a competitive tone.

"This is definitely not a competition Mamta! I don't want to compete with Di or anyone here for Arnav ji. He's already mine and I don't have to be a part of these childish competitions to win him," Khushi explained calmly, "Please do everything with love for him. He'll love it even if it's a simple arrangement."

HP and Mamta nodded their head smiling at her.

"It's good that you lied to me about the place where you planned to have Arnav ji's birthday party Di. You wanted to make waste time by shopping for his birthday when you had everything arranged already. But you actually helped me to implement my previous plan for Arnav ji's birthday. I wanted to make a simple birthday party for him with family and close friends. And you helped me with that.. thanks Di!" Khushi smiled victoriously, calling HP and Mamta to discuss with them the arrangements for Arnav's surprise.

************************************

Anjali walked through the living room  irked with Khushi, she couldn't believe again her plans backfired on her. 'This is a nightmare', she thought.

"Di" she shut her eyes momentarily the moment she heard Arnav's voice, unwillingly she turned to him, and he signaled her to sit on sofa. She took her seat next to him, "Finally you remembered that I exist in this house Chote. That I'm here to see you after such a long time."

Arnav chuckled sarcastically, "Trying to escape from assuming your mistakes Di?"

Anjali sighed hard, "I'm doing everything in my hand to save you from this so called marriage forced on you by Nani. But you won't understand it now. I know you fear to disobey Nani after what happened in your past because you don't want to hurt her. That's why you accepted to get married to Khushi."

"So you brought Lavanya here to prove to Khushi that I still have feelings for her and that I'm not happy in this marriage? So that Khushi distance herself from me and allows me to get married to Lavanya?" he asked.

"I tried to.. but failed. And do you know why I failed?" she smiled sadly.

"Because our love is stronger than your cheap plans. Simple as that, you failed because you're fighting a losing battle Di. Just give up of this stupidity Di, I don't know how many times I'll have to say that I love Khushi.. I'm the happiest man when I'm around her."

Anjali looked away frowning.

"I'm upset with you. I never expected my sister to stop so low like this to destroy my marriage. I'm not forcing you to like Khushi, but at least respect her as my wife. But you crossed the limits Di.. I never poked my nose in yours and Jiju's married life, I don't know why you did this to me. I would have asked you to leave from here.."

Anjali looked at him shocked with his last line, "Chote you.."

"But I won't ask you to leave because I still respect you as my sister. Don't make me lose the respect I've for you now either," he got up from his seat and walked to leave when he found Shyam on the way, who happened to overhear their conversation, he placed his hand on Arnav's shoulder trying to stop him, "Arnav listen to me.."

"Please Jiju.. If you're going to defend what Di did, then I don't want to hear anything," Arnav frowned, shoving his hand away, he headed upstairs to his room.

"Did you hear what he said? Or rather what that girl is forcing him to do? He wanted to oust me from his house," Anjali looked at her husband in disbelief.

"Anjali leave him alone now.. You tried your best to put some sense in his mind, right? Now enough.. the day he will realize that Khushi is not right for him, he will come back to you and repent for not having listened to you," Shyam sat beside her, rubbing her back to soothe her.

Anjali nodded her head, agreeing with him, "I just hope that day comes asap.. I don't want him to suffer in a hopeless marriage Shyam. They're two very different people. It seems only I, you and Payal can see it, everyone is blind and dumb in this house to believe this marriage will work in long run."

"Relax now.. let's just forget this Khushi topic for a while. Don't forget, it's his birthday tomorrow.. we didn't came here to spoil his mood na," Shyam frowned at Anjali who wouldn't stop talking about Khushi since the time he has taken a step into this house.

Anjali took a deep breath trying to control her anger, "You're right.. I shouldn't make him upset with me on his birthday."

************************************

At the dining hall..

Raizadas, Guptas and Jhas came downstairs to have lunch together. Khushi rushed to greet her family, she hugged and took blessings from them happily. The three were very emotional seeing her after six months.

Shashi hugged her again with tears in his eyes as he whispered to his daughter how much he missed her presence in their house. Khushi was getting emotional too, she sobbed in her father's arms, but the moment her eyes fell on Arnav, he gestured her not to cry. She smiled a little staring at him. Then they all took their respective seats, HP and Mamta started serving the food.

"Chote I've planned to throw your birthday party at XYZ restaurant. I've already reserved it for us," Anjali spoke breaking the silence in the hall.

"What? Weren't you planning to have his birthday party at home?" Nani asked confused.

"But the guest list is long Nani.. We thought it's better to have it outside home," Anjali explained.

"You know I don't like it," Arnav sighed irritated, "You'll host this party of yours.. I'll just come with Khushi for cake cutting ceremony."

"What do you mean?" Anjali frowned.

"You understood what I mean Di.. Nani, Mama and Mami won't feel comfortable in that place with my work colleagues and the media people around. So it's better to have a small celebration here at home with my family and Aman. Tomorrow, I will come with Khushi to cut the cake and leave to spend the rest of my day with my wife."

"Fine!" Anjali unwillingly agreed to the idea. She knew her little brother was angry with her, that's why he was doing this with her.

Khushi and the rest of the family members were silently watching the exchange of words between the siblings.

************************************

Khushi spend the afternoon with Raizadas, Guptas, Mamta and HP except Anjali, Payal, Lavanya and Shyam, making the arrangements for Arnav's birthday party.

The boys helped to set table and chairs outside the house, at their beautiful landscape garden. Mami, Nani, Garima, Buaji and Mamta helped with the decorations.

Khushi and HP handled the kitchen along with their YouTube recipe videos. Since they're making delicious dishes and the birthday cake, they thought to share the recipes with their subscribers as well.

Arnav was asked to stay locked in his room till they're done with the arrangements. The group (Shyam, Anjali, Payal and Lavanya) decided to go out and check the arrangements for the party they planned to have at the restaurant. Their mood was definitely low especially Anjali's, because they knew Arnav wasn't interested in their party now. 

************************************

Khushi walked behind Arnav, covering his eyes with her palms, biting her lips with a mischievous smile. Only few seconds left to midnight and she hurriedly went to take her husband to their beautifully decorated garden to celebrate his birthday. Arnav smiled softly, letting her guide him to the garden.

When they reached the garden side, Khushi withdrew her hands from his eyes, standing beside him as she joined their family shouting 'Happy Birthday' to him.

He smiled awed by the decorations, he looked at Khushi, pulling her closer to him, Khushi shyly kissed his cheek wishing him, "Happy Birthday Arnav ji."

"Thank you Mimi," he whispered, kissing her cheek gently.

He walked to his family who were eagerly waiting for their turns to wish him a happy birthday. First he went to the elders, then to Akash, Aman, HP, Mamta, Payal, Shyam, Lavanya and at last, Anjali who was quite hurt by what he did. Although he pretended that he didn't choose this order on purpose, Anjali knew it was intentional. He was trying to punish her for what she did to Khushi with Lavanya and Payal.

Nani asked Arnav to quickly cut his cake now. He walked to table near his cake placed at the center edge of the table, his eyes looked for his wife as he called her out to cut the cake with him.

Khushi was shy at first when everyone started teasing her, they pushed her lightly to Arnav giggling at her.

Arnav watched her walk to him, dressed in his favorite red saree, he couldn't just keep his eyes off her and didn't even realize when she reached him and signaled him to cut the cake.

"Arnav ji," she waved her hand near his face, giggling, "Where are you lost?"

Arnav looked at her startled, he shook his head when he registered her question, "Let's cut the cake!"

Khushi nodded standing beside him, but Arnav made her stand in front of him while he hugged her from behind, making her Khushi blush profusely. She didn't have courage to look at her family members now, so she kept her eyes fixed on cake while everybody teased her and Arnav, which her husband didn't seem to care.

Everyone started singing the happy birthday song to Arnav happily, except Anjali who was upset with her brother for ignoring her and treating her indifferently.

Arnav was gazing intently at his wife who sang cutely to him, clapping her hands enthusiastically as she stared smiling gleefully at the lighting candles on his sugar-free cake.

When they're done with the birthday song, she turned to look at him to ask him to cut the cake, but he surprised her by kissing her on her temple, while taking her hand to reach the knife beside the cake on table so they could the cake together.

Their family clapped for them while they cut the cake happily together.

Arnav fed the first piece of cake to Khushi who fed him back smiling brightly, "Happy birthday once again Arnav ji. May God bless you with long life, health, happiness and success in everything you do in your life."

"Thank you jaan," he dropped a kiss on her forehead, "Ask your DM to keep you always with me, then I'll always stay happy in my life. You're my happiness Mimi!"

"I'm here always with you Arnav ji," she patted his cheek softly, smiling emotionally at him. She asked him to feed the cake to their families, who were waiting for him as well.

Arnav repeated the same process, first he fed the cake to the elders and took their blessings once again, and for last, he kept Anjali again.

"You're being harsh to me Chote!" she whispered with teary eyes, staring at him while he fed her the cake.

"And you know why.. I told you earlier Mimi means a lot to me.. and I don't want to see her upset. But you did everything to make my wife upset these two days you spent here. If you weren't my sister, you wouldn't even be here to celebrate my birthday with me," Arnav said in no-nonsense tone.

"Okay, I'm sorry," she said brokenly, "Now please talk to me normally.. I don't want to go back with my brother upset with me."

"You, Payal and Lavanya should apologize to my wife, not me," Arnav said.

Anjali gritted her teeth, shutting her eyes momentarily. She walked determinedly to Lavanya and Payal, dragging both with her to Khushi who was happily tasting her favorite jalebis like a kid lost in her 'sweets heaven'.

Khushi kept the jalebi back on the plate, staring at the three ladies in front of her, confused.

"I'm sorry!" Anjali pressed her lips tightly, gesturing Payal and Lavanya to apologize as well. Payal and Lavanya stare at her cluelessly. She glared at them, whispering to them to apologize to Khushi for their deeds as she walked back to her husband feeling awful for having to sorry to Khushi because of her brother.

"I'm sorry Khushi," Lavanya said quickly, "I lied to you that ASR's Nani caught us making love in past, she actually caught us when we were about to share our first kiss," saying this, she too disappeared from there.

"I'm sorry Khushi.. I promise I won't talk ill about you being a middle class girl.. please tell this to Akash as well.. he's angry with me.. he's not even talking to me because I said his mother was once a middle class woman like you and your family," Payal was the last one, who kept pleading Khushi to talk to Akash to save her marriage.

"It won't make any difference if I talk to Akash, Payal. You should say sorry to his mother.. I believe that would cool down his anger," Khushi said. Payal nodded, following her advice, she walked to Mami desperately to pacify her husband.

Arnav reached to her asking if they apologized to her. Khushi shook her head smiling slightly, she knew none of them actually meant their apologies by heart. And now it was proven, that they apologized because Arnav asked them to.

"Why did you force to them say sorry to me? It wasn't needed," Khushi sighed.

Arnav shrugged, "They needed to apologize for what they did to you Khushi."

************************************

After celebrating his birthday with his family, Arnav lifted his wife to their room to spend private time with her, they left behind an exciting dancing competition between the elders and youngsters of the family. 

"You didn't give my gift to me yet!" Arnav pouted as they reached in the room.

"It's here only," she smiled, when he left her on the bed, she hurriedly grabbed her bag on the side table and took out a rectangular shape box to him. He took it from her hand, sitting with her on the bed as she anxiously waited for him to open his gift.

He opened the box to find a black customized pen with his name 'ASR' engraved on it. He smiled immediately surprised with her thoughtful gift.

"Did you like it?" she asked, looking at him with her big hazel eyes, nervously.

"I loved it.. You really thought well what to gift me.. Thank you!" he pinched her nose smiling.

"You're welcome.." Khushi smiled back at him.

He rested his head on her lap, taking the pen she gifted him, he wrote her name on his palm.

"Are you happy Arnav ji? I wanted you to be the happiest man today but.. I was upset with you in the morning.. you found out that Di, Lavanya and Payal planned that fake conversation, you fought with your sister later.. and you're still upset with Di now," Khushi said in low tone, "I never imagined things would turn out like this Arnav ji. I never wanted you to fight with Di because of me. I tried my best to behave unaffected in front of them so that you could enjoy your day without any worries.. but I couldn't .. I couldn't make you the happiest man on your day!"

"I'm the happiest man when I'm with You Mimi. You don't need to blame yourself as you are not at fault here. Yes, I'm upset with Di because she's close to me. But she deserves this treatment from my side to learn how to respect you now," Arnav said as he raised his right hand to caress her cheeks, "Mimi I want you to know that I love you the way you're. I've no doubt that you're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. If Di,  Payal or Lavanya made you feel bad or less worthy of me because of your class, education or upbringing, then I want you to remove such thoughts of your mind. You're really special to me Khushi.. when Nani choose you for me, I mocked her that she picked you for me because your name means Happiness. I never thought that indeed a girl named Khushi will bring so much happiness in my life. I forget about the world when I'm with you Mimi." 

Khushi had tears in her eyes with his confession.

"Why are you crying now?" he asked scolding her yet with caring tone.

"If you talk like this, then obviously I'll have tears of happiness in my eyes," she said wiping away the tears slipping from her eyes, smiling emotionally.

He sat on the bed, looking at her trying to control her tears.

"I love you.. I love you a lot Arnav ji.. You're so much better than the Prince Charming I kept asking DM to send in my life.. you're so much sweeter than my jalebis.. you're more handsome than Salman ji.. you are the best husband any woman could have asked for," she said innocently making his heart warm with her sweet innocent confession like her. 

"I love you too Khushi," Arnav whispered huskily kissing her tears away gently.

He switched off the lights of their room, leaving only the moonlight be the witness of two bodies becoming one soul!!

THE END!
Hope you all enjoy reading this OS. Sorry for the delay!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.7K 3.9K 5
Peep in to know more..
67.8K 2.5K 22
From childhood to adulthood. Childhood friendship is the most beautiful memory that can't ever be replaced. Join me on the journey with our ever-gr...
120K 4.2K 15
ipkknd