Off The Rails (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

Namura Yuji was a normal 15 year old with a pretty crappy quirk. He's quite the trouble maker; a delinquent a... More

1: Introducing...Him
2: Ice To Meet You
3: To Catch An Owl
4: To See A Ghost
5: Test It Out For Yourself
6: I've Got To Go Away
7: Why Is It Always My Problem?
8: Help Me Out Here
9: Partners In (Not) Crime
10: Irresponsible Parenting
11: Real Deal
12: The Fall From Grace
14: Good Luck Out There
15: My Dinner With The Problem Child
16: Reunion Tour
17: Ahoy There
18: Calculated Mistakes
19: Surprise?
20: Can You Believe That?
21: Three Trench Coats In A Kid
22: We'll Burn That Bridge When We Get To It
23: Coming In Clutch
24: Get In The Spirit Of Things
25: Your Opinion Is What Matters
26: And So It Begins
27: The Yee To My Haw
28: The 4th Element
29: Take A Chance On Me
30: The Warning Signs
31: Can I Steal That? I Promise To Keep It Safe
32: Where In The World
33: The Great Escape
34: Throw The First Punch-Make It A Good One
35: Enough Hands To Hold Both Of Yours
36: How Many Walls Does A Room Have?
37: Catch 22
38: Welcome To ̶H̶e̶l̶l̶ School Pt. 1
39: Welcome To ̶H̶e̶l̶l̶ School Pt. 2
40: Do It For The Fame
41: Loose Lips Sink Ships
42: Take On Me
Finale
Epilogue

13: Keep It Clean

8.3K 454 52
By silverowlbells

Shota sighed as he cast a look around the U.A infirmary. 

He had considered taking the vigilante to the on sight paramedics but Yuji had begged him not to. He didn't want to go to the hospital. He'd only get arrested. Aizawa wasn't much looking forward to a talking to from the hero commission for dragging a minor into this so he agreed. 

Yuji still had to see a doctor though so he took him the only place he could-U.A's infirmary. 

Recovery girl had just left the room to get Yuji some new clothes so he could shower before he went home and stay clean. Perks of not needing stitches. 
"What're you sighing for?" Yuji asked. "This stressing you out or something?". 

"This isn't stressing you out?" The hero asked, raising an eyebrow. Yuji laughed. It felt strange hearing him without the voice modulator. He sounded like a different person. 

But of course the words and the personality were exactly the same. 

"'Course it is." The teen said, his smile softening from a grin into something barely there, "I already had my panic attack though. There's no point in having another one.". 

Aizawa shook his head fondly and sat down in the stiff plastic and metal chair next to the hospital bed Yuji was lying in. His clothes were still ripped and covered in blood. Part of his hair was shaved off so the wound in his head could be properly cleaned and didn't get infected because Recovery Girl apparently couldn't prevent that. Yuji had just laughed and said he'd get an undercut or something. 

"I'm going to have to ask for the whole story." The hero said simply, "How did you end up here? What's your full name? How old are you really? How did you become Ghost or Night Owl or whatever you want to call yourself?". 

Yuji turned to face the man. "My full name is Namura Yuji, I'm 15 years old. First year high school student.". 

Aizawa was sickened by the thought that Yuji was the same age as his students. "As for how I ended up becoming Ghost, well its a long story.". 

"We have all night." The hero informed him. Yuji grinned a bit. It looked more like a smirk than anything else. 

"Well first things first I recently learned that my quirk was misdiagnosed." He began. Aizawa gave him a curious look. "On all my official paperwork I'm listed as having 'enhanced hearing'. Same as my mom. But I know for a fact that its not true.". 

"I learned that the hard way." He informed the teacher, "I was in a shitty situation. Got in with the wrong people, started breaking the law. Ended up running a new drug called Trigger for the Shie Hasaikai.". Aizawa tensed at that. Trigger. Hero societies number one enemy for a while now. Superpowered villains were becoming a real issue. 

"Yeah, it sounds as bad as it was. I was 14 too, so it wasn't exactly the safest.". Aizawa was horrified again. Who would hire a literal child to deliver drugs for them? 

"So one day I was out on a delivery and these weirdos cornered me outside a warehouse. Said they needed what I had on me. I thought they were trying to catch me distributing and said no. They didn't like that answer." Yuji said, staring off into space. "You ever wondered why I was so obsessed with killing those freaky Nomu's? Its 'cause those people were the ones making them. They wanted to see what the temporary kick of trigger would do to one. When I didn't comply they sent it after me. I ran but I couldn't outrun it.". 

"I injected myself with the Trigger, hoping that it would help me get away and keep them from getting it." He finished. "It did. But my quirk became permanently enhanced. My senses are dialed up well past 11. Hence why saying that I only had enhanced hearing was a misdiagnosis. They just didn't notice the rest of my senses were also hyped up.". 

"How are you not in a constant state of sensory overload? That's past sensory issues into 'the human brain wasn't built to handle this'." The hero asked, genuinely curious. Yuji shrugged. 

"I don't know, I just deal with it. I try my best to mitigate overload, but sometimes it still happens." He said simply, "I missed a lot of school initially. Honestly I spent three straight days having panic attacks and listening to the conversations people were having in the apartment building across the street.". 

Aizawa exhaled. "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that." He said. 

"What's done is done." Yuji responded, sounding terribly mature. "Heroes can't always be there. That's part of why I became Ghost. I could have just gone on hunting the Nomu down and smashing their tanks. Instead I decided to prioritize how safe people felt.". 

"That's a noble cause." Shota said with a small smile. Yuji snorted. 

"Noble enough to be worth running around in a spandex mask with inspector gadget's rejects strapped to you." He joked. 

"Your tech's actually really impressive." The hero replied honestly, "That grappling hook-no one's ever designed one that could hold that much weight for such an extended period of time.". Yuji blushed a little, embarrassed by the praise. "As a teacher I'd sing your praises if you made that in a lab with help, let alone in your room by yourself.". 

"God you really are a dad." Yuji smirked. "This is cool. I haven't interacted much with dads before.". 

There was a beat of silence before Yuji burst out laughing. "Don't give me the sad look." He told the hero, who immediately schooled his expression. "My moms do everything a dad could do and so much more. No deadbeat parents here.". 

"Speaking of my moms...its what? 5 am? And I took the motorcycle and never came back..." Yuji trailed off. 

"So basically you're fucked?". 

"Basically, yeah.". 

---------- --------- -------- --------- --------- --------- --------- 

"I'm going to knock you're fucking lights out if you don't explain why I saw my own son on national news dangling from a fucking building!" 

Aizawa looked at Yuji's moms and realized a lot made sense. The shorter woman with dark blue almost black hair and grey eyes smiled apologetically. 

"I'm so sorry, my wife's just very worried." She said simply, "Isamu, what did I tell you? No threatening him.". 

"Why the fuck not? He looks like I could knock his lights out and he hurt my fucking baby.". 

"Not a baby-" "Zip it kiddo. Your moms are talking." His mom interrupted seamlessly. 

"What my wife means to say," His mom cut in again, "is that there are lots of things we'd like explained about the events of tonight. If not....well I do know how to butcher something pretty well.".

Aizawa Shota wasn't scared by much but after he saw Yuji wield that knife so effortlessly while they fought together he realized it was smart to be scared of the woman who taught him. 

He was a bit scared of both of them to be honest. Isamu-the angry one apparently-had her fists at the ready. Yuji had told him before they even arrived that his moms owned a pretty well known boxing gym in a pretty rough area of town. It also didn't help that her already bright hair was physically glowing red. 

Ayako seemed quieter and calmer. Emphasis on seemed. She had just threatened to butcher him. 

At the same time he completely understood their worries. If Shinso had been found doing this-not that he thought of Shinso as his kid-he'd probably kill the people that got him in that situation. 

"Yuji was working with me as Ghost on a case. We were both called out earlier to help defeat the threat as no other heroes were available." The hero explained. "And for the record I was not aware of his identity and certainly not his age. If I had been I would have never even considered doing such a thing. I am so sorry.". 

The couple seemed to consider this for a second. Yuji sent them a pleading look to just accept the apology (although in his mind this was all his fault, he had lied about his age.) 

"You got our son injured and hanging off a building 40 stories in the air," Isamu began.

"But you brought him back down. Safely. That's more than you can say for most heroes these days." Ayako finished. "So then, Aizawa. I suppose we should be thanking you for keeping our problem child as close to the ground as you can.". 

Shota was blown away but the sudden thanks. "No really its all my fault that he got hurt-". 

"Just accept it." Ayako said with a smile. "I think everyone in this room knows that Yuji'll do whatever pleases him in the moment, including becoming a masked vigilante to save people. You kept him safe despite his apparent death wish. Thank you.". 

"Accept it before I punch your face in." Isamu said, but there was no real bite to the words. Yuji laughed at his partner's bewildered expression. "Oh don't laugh, Yuji. You're grounded for the rest of forever.". 

"And you'll be helping out around the gym during that time." His mom added. 

"Mom, ma, isn't that a bit much?" The teen tried, but it was no use. 

"Its hardly enough." All three adults answered at the same time. 

Oh they were going to get along just fine

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly Yuji's moms are so fun to write. You've just got angry mom (trademark pending) who in reality owns far too many scented candles and does yoga in her spare time and calm mom (again, trademark pending) who could secretly flay you open like a fish and is not afraid to do it. 

(Maybe she's done it before, maybe she hasn't. We'll never know. 

Obviously this is not the end of Yuji's vigilantism, we're just getting everyone on the same page. 

Well, almost everyone. Midoriya and Bakugou are probably just sitting at the dorms waiting for a text back from Yuji about how crazy it is a vigilante was helping out with a high profile case. 

Bakugou was probably fanboying about how well Ghost handled the situation 👌

But lets also not forget that the villains got away! They're still out there somewhere!. 

Stay Tuned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 5.1K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...
22.5K 810 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...
24.2K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
60.3K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...