๐‚๐‡๐„๐‚๐Š๐Œ๐€๐“๐„- ๐‹๐„๐Ž๐๏ฟฝ...

By justarcane

๐‚๐‡๐„๐‚๐Š๐Œ๐€๐“๐„ ๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง /หˆtสƒษ›kmeษชt/ a position in which a player's king is directly attacked by an oppone... More

~INTRO~
MAGICLESS HERBIVORE
KEEP YOU COMPANY
PARTNER? MORE LIKE A BRAT
JUST A GAME
CHESS MASTER
WANT A RIDE?
MIDNIGHT ENCOUNTER
I DIDN'T GET TO SAY THAT
BEHOLD! IT'S BESTIE'S DEBUT!
NINGEN-SAN TO TSUNOTAROU-KUN
I WISH
TAKE A REST WOULD YOU?
RUN
YOU COULD HAVE DIED
I HAVE A DREAM
DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES
LION INSTINCT
SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO KNOW
I CAN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING
PERHAPS, MAYBE
YOUR OPPONENT IS ME
INVESTIGATION STARTS!
LET'S END THIS
NOT FINE
THE SMILE ON YOUR FACE
I WILL TURN IT INTO SAND
PLEASE, COME BACK
NICE TO MEET YOU, CHEKA-KUN
AFRAID OF
WHAT GIVES YOU MOTIVATION?
I'LL BE THERE
THREE TWO ONE, ACTION!
YOU BEAT ME TO IT
DESPITE EVERYTHING
IT'S A DEAL!

MANAGER

4.1K 153 110
By justarcane

"Magicless."

"Childish!"

Another day, another war. Since that day you two left the detention room, every time you and Leona met was another world war. No matter where you saw him, he would never quit teasing and provoking you, and you would not surrender without scolding back to him. Don't even mention the potionology lesson that Leona came over as a helper of Crewel, it was a mess. And so, the battle began.

"Would you mind standing aside? You're blocking my way." You crossed your arms against your chest in impatience when you saw Leona, again. He was leaning a side of his shoulders on the door of your locker, with his back facing you. You were on your way to the cafeteria for lunch, but you decided to come by the locker to put down a few books. Unfortunately, here you're, bumping into your least favourite upperclassman, again.

Hearing someone walk by, Leona turned around. That was when he saw you, knitting your eyebrow and glared at him. "Ah, I was thinking who it was. It turns out to be you, herbivore. What could I help you, huh, shorty?" He mocked.

"You!" You stood up the tip of your toe and pointed at him in anger. Leona rested a forearm on the locker and bent down a bit to meet your eye level. "Huh, not tall enough to reach the highest shelf?" He teased with a thin smirk.

"What are you even-" You parted your lips and widened your eyes. You tried to swallow your anger, but you just couldn't stand the smug on his face. "Have anyone told you how annoying you are? And God! What do you have other than your stupid height?"

"Comparing yourself with the greatest housewarden would the a bad idea, herbivore. I am five times, no, at least 10 times better than you."

"Well, I can't see how a junior who couldn't even answer a freshman-level potionology question would be 10 times better than me." You mocked back.

"You-!"

"Ahh, here they go again..." Ruggie seemed to have already gotten used to it, but he still couldn't help face palming every time he saw his housewarden picking up a fight.

"They would never stop, wouldn't they?" Ace next to his upperclassman shrugged. He never thought that Leona could bring out this side of you. Usually, unless Deuce or he did anything stupid, you're always calm. But when you are put around Leona, just like two chemicals that shouldn't be put together, BOOM! Should have gone to the cafeteria with Grim and Deuce, Ace thought to himself.

"Oi freshman," Ruggie approached Ace and whispered, "You take Y/n and go left. I take Leona-san to the right. Okay?"

"Great, great. I will take her to the cafeteria, and you take Leona-senpai to the botanical garden or anywhere far from the cafeteria." Ace agreed immediately and did an "okay" gesture. The two strangers yet victims of you and Leona cooperated like lifelong partners. In three seconds, the two of them went into the gap between you and Leona and tried the stop the argument.

"Ruggie, step out of my way! I am not done with this disrespectful herbivore." Leona gushed when Ruggie tried to block his way and pull him away. "Leona-san, why don't we go to the botanical garden? So you can take a nap- Hey Leona-san don't push me! Hey-!" Poor Ruggie tried to block Leona from you and Ace, but it was difficult for him, as Leona was at least 10 cm taller than him.

On the other hand, Ace was trying to lower your temper. "Eh Y/n, today's dessert is your favourite strawberry ice cream. Why don't we go there now before- Eh Y/n! Don't push! Hey- Y/n- Ouch my elbow!" But his job wasn't much easier than Ruggie's.

"Move Ace! I still have some unfinished business with this arrogant lion!" You yelled. You didn't want to be the side that surrendered first, and so as Leona. The two of you tried to struggle from the blockage of the mediators while scolding and mocking each other. After minutes of trying, Ace and Ruggie successfully separated the two of you and pulled you two in opposite directions.

"I am not done with you, Leona Stupid Kingscholar!" You yelled to the back while one arm of yours was dragging by Ace in front of you.

"Like I'd actually be frightened! I am telling you- Ruggie! Stop pulling my sleeve!" Leona didn't even think to give up, but his sleeve was nearly torn down by Ruggie who was desperately pulling his housewarden to leave, as people started to crowded.

"Why do I have to do this!" Ace and Ruggie sighed desperately at the same time, though they couldn't hear each other.

"Why did you stop me, Ace?! I am not finished with that stupid lion yet!" You grumbled after you sat down on the bench in the cafeteria, next to Deuce and Grim, who were already having their lunch.

Ace sat down on the opposite side, next to his Heartslabyul upperclassman. "You were in the middle of the hallway! There were people, Y/n! People! And you were going to have a fight with Leona-senpai!" Ace yelled a bit before faking a cry and turned to his senpai. "Trey-senpai, Cateer-senpai, you have to help me! I will not be able to stop her next time!"

Both of the juniors laughed a bit when they saw Ace, who is usually bright and confident, was so hopeless and asking for help. Trey turned to you with a thin smile, "It'd look bad if you pick up a fight with Leona in the middle of the hallway, Y/n."

"I didn't, Trey-senpai! The stupid lion did!" You puffed your cheeks and crossed your arms. If he hadn't called you shorty or teased you, you would have scolded back. Well, maybe you wouldn't.

"Neh, Y/n-chan, you seem to be more familiar with Leona-kun these days. I'd love to post a photo of you and Leona-kun having a tiff like a cute couple on MagiCam. #newborncouple #LeoYn #shipp. But a daily argument wouldn't be good, you know." Cater said while giving you a wink. Somehow Cater saw some unusual chemicals between you and Leona, which he found it interesting.

"Hold on, Cater-senpai. First of all, I am NOT familiar with that lion. And second, we are NOTHING like a couple! I don't even want to be in the same frame with him!" You claimed and poked the fork in the broccoli.

Ace looked the the broccoli and swallowed hard, "Eh, Y/n, don't you think there is a way for you and Leona-senpai to umm... maybe get... along?" He forced a smile.

"Absolutely NOT!" You replied without even thinking for a second. There is no way you could have peaceful communication with Leona, absolutely not. You said while poking the fork into the meatballs on the plate, just like they're someone you have been hating for your whole life.

Hearing your answer, Ace cried and buried his face to Trey's shoulder. "Trey-senpai! It's only a matter of time for me to be killed in their fight!"

"Stupid arrogant lion Leona Kingscholar..." You were too busy mumbling how annoying Leona was, that you didn't notice Ace's hopeless crying.

"Oi Grim," Deuce next to you sat closer to the grey kitten. "I have never seen the prefect like this. We better not trigger her..."

Grim immediately nodded his head and whispered back, "You are right, Deuce. I think I am gonna stay in the Heartslabyul dorm today after school. I don't wanna die so soon.

——

The school bell rang, and the last lesson ended. Right before the lunch hour ended, a sophomore came by and informed you that Crowley would like to meet you and Grim after school. That's why you're on your way up the stairs, with Grim and the Heartslabyul duo beside you. The two of them insisted to come with you, as they got nothing better to do. Plus, they had to keep an eye on you, so someone could stop you if Leona popped up on your way to Crowley's office. Luckily, your way to the office was safe and sound.

You knocked on the huge black door which separated you four from the headmage's office. You opened it with you heard Crowley yell "Please come in!" from inside.

It's been a while since the last time you were here, but the room still looked similar. The portraits of the Great Seven were hung on the wall behind Crowley who was sitting behind his desk.

"Welcome, Y/n and Grim-kun! Oh, Trapola Kun and Spade-kun are here, too. How are your days in the Night Raven College?" Crowley asked when he saw you walking in.

"Well, it's not bad." You replied. It's perfectly fine, except for the "you know". "Why did you call us anyways? Wait, did you find a way to send me home?" You couldn't hide the excitement of the little light of hope.

Crowley was a bit startled when he heard your words. He then cleared his throat and pretended to be calm, "Ahem, unfortunately, I haven't. But I assure you, I am trying every way to help you, Y/n, as you all know, I am so kind."

The four of you couldn't help but roll your eyes when you heard the headmage saying his favourite catchphrase. Obviously, he had thrown your issue to the back of his head. But that still didn't explain why he wanted to meet you and Grim.

"Anyway, I would like to talk about the club issue with you and Grim-kun." Crowley finally answered the question in your head. That reminded you that you hadn't been told to sign up for a club or attend any extra curricular activities, and Grim had not either. At the same time, Ace and Deuce are having weekly training and meetings from time to time in the Basketball Club and Track and Field Club.

"Speaking of that, you are right... so we can choose any club we like now?" Grim seemed to be excited. He had been asking Ace and Deuce about their club and even asked them to take him with them.

"Wait, headmage. So Grim and I are going to join one single club or two separate clubs?" This question popped up in your brain, as you remembered that Grim and you are sharing one enrolment.

"About that, as you know, I am sooo kind and generous, I would allow you and Grim-kun to choose different clubs if you want. But of course, you will need the admission of the leader of the club you choose." Crowley further explained. After all, Grim has the magic ability, while you don't. It'd be fair for Grim to have the right to join some magic-involved clubs, he told.

You could hear Grim immediately cheering. "Hurray! For the first time, I think Crowley is the best headmage in Twisted Wonderland!"

Crowley then turned to you after instructing Grim's situation. "For you, Y/n, I have a tiny little favour that I hope you can help with."

You immediately had a bad feeling about that, because every time when Crowley mentions a "tiny little favour", it wouldn't be as easy-peasy as he described. "What is it?"

"So you know, there is a Spelldrive Club in our school..."

"Wait a minute, what is umm... Spelldrive?" You hadn't heard about it, neither in your original world nor in Twisted Wonderland, although it sounded like something you should know according to Crowley's tone.

"How could you not know what is Spelldrive??" Ace gushed in shock. He seemed to forget the fact that you have only been here for less than a month.

"Spelldrive is a popular sports game in Twisted Wonderland. Players of rival teams throw the disc into each other's goal to score marks. The one with the most points wins. It requires magic to play, as the disc and broomstick have to be controlled with magic. There are professional Spelldrive athletes and they are marvelous!" Deuce made an introduction to you. You could see his eyes sparkling when he was talking about Spelldrive, and so were Ace's.

"So it's a variant of Quidditch." You mumbled to yourself.

"What did you say?" Ace asked hearing you talking with a small voice.

"Oh, nothing. Please go on, headmage."

"The former manager of our Spelldrive team has graduated, but unfortunately no one is taking his job right now. The team seems to have... some problems. Nobody takes their uniforms to the laundry, nobody helps maintain the equipment, and the new members haven't got their own team jackets. Sometimes they can't even book a venue for training. Our team is one of the best college teams in the Twisted Wonderland, but without the take care of a manager, oh no! I can't imagine the results of the next inter-school competition. Can you see how pitiful these talented athletes are?" Crowley told with an exaggerated voice and buried his face in his palms.

"Hold on, don't tell me you want me to-" You could feel what was coming, and you were about to refuse it, but you were already cut off by Crowley before you could finish your words.

"Yes, Y/n. I would like you to be the new manager of our Spelldrive team. It doesn't require magic and it's suitable for someone who is mindful like you. I cannot find anyone more suitable than you." Crowley praised.

"Nope," you immediately refused, "I am not capable of this job, you surely have someone better in this school. I am not going to take care of them."

Of course, Crowley knew you would refuse. In fact, he came to you because nobody wanted to take this job. No one would like to become a new maid of the team, especially the students in this school, who're proud of themselves and hate cooperating.

"Y/n, you wouldn't say no to the kind and generous headmage who provided you and Grim-kun a place to live in, in the strange and new world to you, right?" Crowley didn't stop luring and tried a different way to do it.

You couldn't deny that Crowley did help a lot by offering you a place to live in, a roof to stay under. Or else, you didn't know where you could stay in this world. But still, you chose to stand still, "Still a no."

Hearing your reply, Crowley decided to use the one last method. He shook his head and sighed, "It's okay, Y/n, if you don't want to. But just to let you know that you may have to stay in Twisted Wonderland for a while longer. As I will be sooooo busy handling the boys in the Spelldrive team and their issues. So I will not have much time to search for a way to send you back home."

This is a scam, a total scam. Seeing the cunning headmage sighing and pretending to be sorry, you could only gasp once again at how thick-skinned he was. Going home is always your first priority, and you wouldn't want anything to delay it. You took a deep breath and sighed. Why do I always end up in these situations, you thought to yourself. Finally, you made up your mind.

"Alright, headmage, I will-" but before you could finish your words, Ace who was standing next to you butt in and helped you to answer. "Yes, headmage! Y/n is going to be the manager of the Spelldrive team!"

You were startled and looked at him in confusion. Why did he seem more excited than you?

"Wonderful, I knew you're so helpful and would agree to do me this little favour." Crowley cheered with smiling eyes and took Ace's reply as your final answer. He wouldn't let this golden opportunity slip out from his fingers.

The Spelldrive team has regular training every Tuesday and Friday. Tomorrow would be Tuesday, so it'd be the first day of you being their manager.

"Once again, I represent the whole school to thank you for resolving this disaster, Y/n!" When you were already out of his office room, you could still hear Crowley yelling from the inside.

"You better find a way to send me home quickly, headmage. See you!" You yelled back while waving your hand. You could only sigh for getting yourself into this situation. Had it not been for going home more quickly, you wouldn't have accepted this responsibility on yourself. After all, it's just a matter of time for you to leave.

"Right, Ace, why did you help me answer the headmage back in there? I could have said no." You questioned on your way down the stairs, though you were saying yes anyway.

Ace rested an arm on your shoulder and the other one on Deuce, "If you become the manager of the Spelldrive team, I am sure you could find an opportunity or two for me and Deucey to play in the competition. They are usually live-streaming. We'd be famous!" Ace cheered. He actually signed up for the Spelldrive team, but he wasn't chosen. That's why he hoped to get this chance through you.

"That's smart, Ace! You would help us, right prefect?" You saw Deuce's eyes were even more sparkling this time. He's in a similar situation with his classmate, not getting chosen to play in the team. These boys were really into Spelldrive.

"So it's all about being famous huh? What did I expect?" You rolled your eyes when you heard the reason behind all this.

"I want to play Spelldrive, too! Y/n, you will get us into the game, right? I want to be famous!" Grim squeezed in and rejoiced. How would he let go of the chance to let the world know who he is?

You laughed when you saw the puppy eyes of the three boys. "Funny that you think I have the right to do so. I am just the manager, not the coach. Go find Coach Varges, he should be able to help you with that."

"Noooooo!" Hearing your words, the boys started sighing and faking crying. They wouldn't stop luring you to help them. You could only laugh helplessly for being with the three idiots.

"Things won't be that bad, right?" You comforted yourself.

——

The next day, after the lessons, you went straight to the school stadium after changing into your sportswear. It's where the Spelldrive team usually had practices

"Okay, Y/n you can do it." You took a deep breath before stepping a foot into the stadium. You could already see 15 to 20 boys gathering in it. Some were chatting with each other, some were stretching and doing warm-up exercises, while some were already on their broomstick and were ready for the practice. You noticed that many of the members, probably over half, were wearing yellow uniforms, which you knew, it's representing Savannaclaw. No wonder why Deuce had told you that Savannaclaw was the "dorm of Spelldrive". Many of their students graduated as pro-level players.

"Ahem, hi, I am..." You cleared your throat and tried to get the attention of the boys, but they were too busy with their own business that nobody was listening to you.

Having no response, you decided to speak one more time, with a louder voice. "Excuse me, can I have a few-"

"What are you doing here?"

You stopped when you heard a familiar voice coming from behind. You turned around and the next and only thing you did was dropping your jaw in shock with widening eyes. It's Leona Kingscholar, who was in his sports uniform, standing behind you. He seemed to be, too, surprised to see you here, in the Spelldrive training.

"What are you doing in the Spelldrive team?" He questioned while raising a brow.

Holy. Crap.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 1.7K 34
[Riddle Rosehearts x fem! reader] Y/N Pinka, the younger twin sister of Alchemi Alchemivich Pinka, born with the same disappearing powers, and the sa...
490 44 12
To summarize, your 'bit' of an odd individual with a 'questionable grip' on sanity and knowledge base who unexpectedly finds themselves at the magica...
3K 85 16
You were in your room, just relaxing until your mirror starts to glow. All of a sudden, you wake up to find yourself in a completely unfamiliar plac...