Cycle of Pain [Uchiha Itachi]

Par u4ryah

Uchiha Itachi Fanfic Perhaps it isn't our time yet or maybe, we aren't just for each other. Maybe we just ha... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

SPECIAL CHAPTER

45 3 0
Par u4ryah

[Reika]

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

It was a worried question from Sasuke, making everyone surprised. According to the Lord, he was a quiet kid, rarely speak if it wasn't necessary or  if he feels to. He wasn't cocky nor arrogant even though he carry the name of being an Heir to a founding clan. He has pride of course, but not boastful and annoying. He was normal - a typical kid from a prestigious clan. 

"Yes. Pardon me for showing inappropriate display, Sasuke-san." Even though I'm ashamed, I still held myself to apologize. In the first place, I don't know why did I cry earlier. Why out of a sudden, I cried upon meeting Kakashi's eyes and feeling the presence of an Uchiha beside me. It was confusing and irritating as well. But something tells that their presence was.. soothing, a familiar one but odd because it has lingering pain throughout the familiarity. It wasn't tranquility nor agony but a void, a hole that contains a lot of answer for my unknown questions. 

"Are you sure Reika-sensei?" A joyful voice filled up my ears, easing up whatever inside my head. It was from Naruto. As I observed him, he's as obnoxious as Shisui - they could pair up in the future. He's a ball of sunshine radiating under the sunny sky, just like Minato-sama and Kushina-sama. You could tell that he is really their child. Kindness was something he was giving off, maybe despite of the treatment of the others. The hidden love of his parents reached him, prevents him from being evil even though he has the right to become one. 

I softly pinched his cheeks, making his eyes close. 

"I'm fine now kiddo." I assured him. "I don't why'd I cry earlier but maybe because I trained in this ground once too. You know, lingering emotions, I was once a kid like you three." I lied. As someone from the Nara clan, and was also proclaimed as one of the Aces, I never really experienced to work with others. Genin teams? I never experienced that, mom was against of promoting me as a Chunnin but the Hokage's words are Law, I became a Chunnin at early age. If I'm not mistaken, my promotion was just behind Uchiha Itachi's promotion as a Chunnin. 

"Sensei, how about we continue our chat later? Kakashi-sensei here told me that he'll treat us dinner!" A squeak of happiness was heard from the pink-haired kunoichi. Haruno Sakura - a fangirl to the Uchiha. It was cliché actually. In my perspective, she was annoying as a fangirl but a lovely child. It's surprising that our little Sasuke here hasn't yet shunning her away or maybe he wasn't yet tired of her antics or maybe... just maybe, he liked her - in some other ways. You see, Sakura was from a civil family, a complete one, she was a bit ahead of herself - that maybe someday, someone will knock some sense to her which I am hoping. As for her potential, she has it. The hidden one. It's a potential that was needed to pull out using force. 

Someday, these kid will really really kick someone ass. 

"Eh? Kakashi-san said that?" I acted surprised, making the Jonin's visible eyes widen. It was clear that Sakura just made that up. "I never really thought Kakashi-san to be this generous." I added. This time, we saw a tint of red on his cheeks, making him pull up his mask to cover it up. He was embarrassed. 

"Yosh! We passed today and now getting a free dinner? Sasuke you  up?" Naruto nudge Sasuke's arms with a smirk. Sasuke returned the gesture, he used a bit of his force to nudge Naruto - making him groan. "That's foul." 

"I wouldn't say no to free meals, right?" He smirked. 

Kakashi growled while pulling his wallet out. I can't believe this high ranking Jonin to be this.. frugal? He's unmarried and a single man - meaning he only have himself to be fed and clothed. Where in hell, was he using his money? And to be this.. broke? Was broke as in broke? I can't believe this. 

"Where do guys want to eat?" He finally asked upon knowing that the kids wouldn't stop pestering him for tonight's dinner. 

I went behind him to whisper, "A little reminder, I think Sasuke and Naruto was a glutton." He growled another annoying howl. 

( - _ - ) 

"Heh? You belong to the Special Jonin Unit in ANBU? But what's the difference of SJU in ANBU and Jonin?" Sasuke asked. 

The conversation started when Sasuke and Naruto asked me about my background. Of course, I told them that I was once ANBU like their sensei since my ANBU tattoo was visible. I understand their curiosity since they're still children and a child is expected to be curious especially when you're aspiring ninja. So, I understand. 

"Special Jonin Unit was divided into two. A unit that was under the direct command from the Hokage and the council and a unit that was under the Jonin commander's command." I explained. They were listening attentively even their Leader. "Usually, when you are a fresh Jonin, you are to pick a unit. Either intelligence, network, barrier, security and so on. But the thing is, Jonin rank is composed of three sub ranks; Lower Jonin - a fresh Jonin, Mid Jonin - someone who's able to join difficult missions away from the village and lastly the Higher Jonin - those Jonin are often to become a Jonin Leader." 

"Then Kakashi sensei is a Higher Jonin?" Sakura asked. 

"Well. Kakashi-san became an ANBU like me., right?" They nodded. I don't know how to pick words or right term for our situation since our unit wasn't that nice to share. 

"Then the other SJU is composed of ANBU?" Sasuke concluded making me and Kakashi smirk. Looks like we got another quick witted here. 

"Yep. ANBU wasn't a Rank. It's an Organization composed of Higher Jonin. The other SJU that was under the direct command of the Hokage was the unit we're in. Meaning, we have two units now. Either we get a command from Shikaku-sama or Lord Third, we are deemed to respond." I told them. "That's why sometimes, or often, Kakashi-san and I were often to get a mission. But now that since we have you guys, we're bound to do alternations." 

"Eh? So Kakashi-sensei is that... cool? I mean, ANBU's were cool. Jonin's were cool and Kakashi-sensei..." Naruto couldn't figure out what to say. If he's doubtful of Kakashi or just doesn't trust my words. I don't know.  "I mean no offense, Kakashi-sensei." 

Kakashi just sweatdropped on him and proceeded to order a meal for us. We decided to get a barbeque meal in Yakiniku. I told Kakashi that we should share our payment to be fair but he declined and told me that he was born gentleman. 

"Ne, Reika-sensei?" Sakura caught my attention. "What are the usual mission for a genin?" 

Kakashi cough hard upon hearing the question from Sakura. I bit my trembling lip to prevent myself to laugh while I'm handing him a glass of water. Even I wanted to laugh too, I refrained myself. Kakashi's odd behavior got the kids to wonder what awaits them tomorrow. I wanted to teleport myself out and laugh just for a second. 

"Well.." Kakashi initiated after clearing his throat. "Setting the type of the mission, it is pivotal for a team of genin like you to accomplish every mission that the Hokage is going to bestow to your team. " He reminded as if he already figure out what their mission is supposed to be. 

Are they going to complain? I mean, picking weeds, cleaning this and that - community service to the extent. 

But I stopped when I realized something. Immediately turning to Kakashi.. he gave me a sigh of defeat. I could only give them a good luck remark. That was all I could afford. 

"Catching Tora... again?" I mouthed to Kakashi. 

"Again."

( - _ - ) 

Moon shining so bright above us. Solemnity of the night enveloped us as we walk through the pathway - directing on my compound. Kakashi here insisted to bring me home for assurance after we brought the kids home. 

"What? You also read Jiraiya-sama's novels?" I asked exaggeratedly. "Mean no offense, I just asked." I added since that old man's book wasn't something to be.. read. 

"Yeah. I did." He casually said.

Upon concealing my excitement, I speak. "I do too! What book you often read? Mine was the Icha Icha Violence and Icha Icha Paradise 2!" I overjoyed but a flash of smile was shown on his covered lips. 

"Oho, you read violence." He remarked with a smile. "Well the plot was good, I admit. But I often read the Paradise 1 and 2 and Icha Icha Tactics." I covered my mouth to conceal another batch of excitement. I finally found my Icha Icha buddy! I mean, it is rare to find someone who would share their erotic - I mean, romantic genre in novels! That was actually great! 

"Bro you're a die hard fan!" I cooed. Nudging him a bit but he just chuckled. 

"I just enjoyed the story. There's a lot of erotic scenes yes." He blushed saying that. "But the connection between the characters were good." I agreed. 

"Yeah now that you mentioned it, the female lead from tactics screwed up right?" I asked, remembering the name of the lead. "Was it Vena? Veron?" 

"Avon." He corrected. Good Gracious, for all the name that Jiraiya-sama could pick, this was the coolest one. "She left the male lead - Jun, for years then came back upon realizing that she loved him." 

"Yeah and the guy was dumb though. That's the frustrating scene there!" I remarked frustrated. "I cried when they broke up. I even threatened Jiraiya  to write a sequel and guess what? Sequel's on the way!" 

Bewildered and shock, Kakashi looked abruptly on me. "Really?! How come Jiraiya-sama told you! That's unfair. I've been waiting for years and I am his number one fan!" I laughed on his remarks. "No offense, but I'm his number one fan. Woman like you must be second. I read that book since 12." 

I gaped. At the age of 12? How in hell did Jiraiya-sama snagged a fan like him! He looks ready to wage a war against me! 

But something inside me doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that this sequel might be his final update. 

"Hey! Thank you for bringing me home." I told him gently. Moonlight making his eyes shine making me conclude that he was beautiful even with his face almost covered. "I had fun today. Hope you did too." 

His eyes softened after I said that. If I wasn't acquainted with the Yamanaka I would just ignore this but his eyes... his eyes were full of sorrow and longing. Is this what the Lord Third speaking off? That he was unstable and is in need of guidance for his emotions? 

"I, too, am thankful for tonight. I had fun talking about Icha Icha with you, Reika-san." HE said almost in whisper.  

With my heart aching, I gave him a soft smile. 

"Oh no, Reika-san was too formal. Reika was enough." I chuckled. We're going to become forever stiff if we are to remain formal. 

With him releasing his genuine laugh, I locked my eyes on his laughing figure. As if my eyes wanted.. no, were longing for this scenery, I stared on him with sadness. 

"Then Kakashi is fine with me too, Reika." He told me so I nodded. "You should enter now. It's getting cold." 

"Ah, yes, thank you again, Kakashi!" With my back facing him, I walked away from the sadness he'd emitted. I am correct that my emotions were reacting to his. Tonight, I confirmed that Hatake Kakashi is a partaker of my ordeal. But why? Why him and why the late Uchiha Itachi? 

Who are they? 

( - _ - )

It was a loud raspy caw from a crow that awakened me from my deep slumber. I haven't yet gotten enough sleep but now I am awake. I am sure that tomorrow's a big day for the children and I am needed there but a crow interrupted my sleep. 

With a bare feet, I jumped out of the window and made it on the branch to check the crow. It only stopped when I finally got out of the house - making me realize that this crow was sent for me.

"Are you a summon?" I asked but stopped when the crow tilted its head. It wasn't a summon but maybe a trained one. Crows, according to dad, have another significance. They are signs of divine intervention, of something incontrollable within the hands of insignificant people. They speak to resurrection and the plausibility of hope after death. An Illusion - might I add. "Why are you here?" I asked the crow like a madwoman but stopped when I saw scroll on its foot. "Who sent you little guy?" But I got no answer so I took the liberty of checking the scroll. 

Aki, 

"Aki?" I repeated the name. "Crow, it looks like you got the wrong person." But I only receive another caw from it. A reminder the the crow was disagreeing. "I am not Aki. I am Reika..." Aki? Isn't it... 

Summons remain forever. They're bound to remain as long as the contractor's soul remained so I have a crow, a normal one to deliver this to you. My soul wasn't here by now as you read this. The animals stays along the nature since they're insignificant with the destiny of us, poor humans. So I have the crow, an animal to send me this message to you. 

Do not be surprised. I called you Aki even if you are not Aki. It is difficult to explain in letter but I do hope we'll meet again so you could understand everything well. So I could also fulfil my promises to you, my love

With the interference of time and death again, we're not able to be together and I am so... sorry about this. For years I have stayed in the void, patiently waiting for you but you didn't come. I expected you to be reincarnated again but not too soon. Destiny didn't even allowed us to meet inside the void. I must say that.. it was cruel. 

My love, I just want you to know that I wouldn't get tired of waiting. For years, decades after your death in this timeline... I will forever wait for you. I will always wait no matter how long. I can't wait to see you again my love. You don't know how excited my heart is.

I know, It's my turn next. I don't know if I could still remember you but I am putting a bet that the red string of fate would let us meet once again. 

Yours, 

Itachi

With my tears continued to flow down my cheeks, I crouched down the branch. Itachi... he knew me. But how... what reincarnation? What void? What promise? For me? I.. I don't know him. We never met, nor he have met me. Our paths didn't even crossed. 

Then why do I have to cry. This message wasn't for me but for a woman named Aki. Something keeps telling me that, Aki... Aki... is me? A delusion. I am Nara Reika, not someone named Aki nor acquainted with Uchiha Itachi. Itachi knew that I am not Aki but still used the name Aki. How did the dead man conflicted my mind once again. 

First, his death and now, a sudden message from a crow that sometimes signifies... Death. 

( - _ - )

An urgent summon from the Hokage was received by me this morning. I set aside the commotion last night so I could focus even though I'm just making myself believe that it was just none of my concerns. That maybe I have finally gone mad. 

Special Jonin Unit was summoned under the direct command of the Lord. Everyone was confused as to why we're summoned. And then my eyes landed on where Kakashi is. As soon as he also spotted, he walked nearer. 

"Hey." I greeted him. I just met him last night. 

"Yo. I wonder what's up for today. It's too early but to have this urgent summon." 

"Yeah, I wonder too. Terrorist attack?" 

"Possible." He answered. 

Then the Hokage appeared. We're standing above the Hokage tower in the roof top. He appeared to be in his combat attire, it got us silenced. Some were confused as this was their first time to ever meet the Hokage in this attire but for us, it means trouble. 

"I have called you for an important mission." He initiated. I could feel everyone's gulped with his authoritative aura. "A terrorist group was spotted entering our  land. They impose threat as they were identified as rouge. Their group still remain unknown but I got Jiraiya to look on it." He said. Then Shikaku-sama appeared beside him, hands holding a scroll. 

"Nara Reika, Shiranui Genma, Aoba Yamashiro, Raido Namiashi, Hayate Gekko and Anko Mitarashi. You are to roam near the boarder and those who are not called will remain here to guard the village in shadows. We do not want to alert the civilian. Those who have a team, Hatake, Asuma, Kurenai, Aburame, Inuzuka and Sarutobi - you are to proceed to do missions with your team." 

"Yes Kakashi?" My eyes darted on Kakashi when he rose his arms for permission to talk. 

"Reika-san here is a part of my team. Why wasn't she included to us?" He asked in monotone but curiosity still radiated on him. 

"She can take care of herself, Kakashi." Is all he had receive from the Lord. "Now, I will assign Genma to be your captain. Kill them on the spot, understood?" 

"Yes sir!" We said in Unison. 

I looked at Kakashi and saw how worried his eyes were. I understand that this mission was dangerous as we are to hunt and possibly fight an unknown terrorist group. It's a do or die so I understand him. 

"I'll be fine!" I said cheerfully but that didn't work. "Have faith in me bro. I will be careful, was that enough assurance?" I asked softly 

"I have." He said. "But nothing was enough in regards to your well-being, Reika." He said serious but stopped when he saw me bewildered. "Why?" 

A sharp pain pierced though my head making me lose my balance for a while but luckily, Kakashi was there to hold me up. A pang of nostalgia - this always happen when I feel odd. "N-No, I'm okay. I just got surprised. You worry too much." I lied, trying to divert our topic to something else.  

"I always worry about you." He mumbled but I didn't get a chance to hear it so I asked about it again. "Just be safe? I'll treat you ramen if you came back in one piece." He released a chuckle, making me forget about the thing he mumbled. 

"Really?" I beamed. I thought he was a frugal but I guess I am wrong. "I will look forward to that, Kashi!" 

I abruptly stopped after realizing what I uttered. I saw a glint of crystals in his eyes but when he blink again, it was gone. Was I hallucinating it? And what 'Kashi'? I just called the legendary Kakashi of the Sharingan like that. 

As I was about to apologize, he cut me off. "Looks like your team was now assembled. They're waiting for you now, Reika." He said, making me forget the reason to apologize. "Come back alive, kick their asses." He joked with his smiling eyes. 

"You bet!" And there I teleported away from him. Not minding another oddity that just happened. 

::

I told her to come back alive but I know, no matter what I'll do, she'll choose death over and over again just to go after him. Even with me just regaining my memories.. everything seems so painful that all I wanted to do in this timeline was to lie down and wait until I die. 

She wasn't still aware that this was her new life. A new beginning but something tells me that it wasn't. Why? For the love of God, why it has to be her to suffer pain like this? Wasn't all the lives she had lived not enough? Was the cycle of pain didn't stop? 

"Kakashi-sensei?" I was cut off when I heard a small voice calling me. It was from Naruto. My adoptive son from my previous life. With my heart aching, I hummed my response. "Where is Reika-sensei?" 

For years, I have the name 'prodigy' after my name but why can't I even answer his question. Where is she? Is she still coming back.. to me? But I know how ridiculous that question is. I already know the answer. And even it pains me this much, what can I do? I just love her and love makes human do crazy and ridiculous things.

"Nara Reika was killed in action. They battled a group of terrorist. She protected everyone, making her lose her control and.. died." 

I looked at the clouds above me. They knew we're all mourning over someone's death so I guess, they took an action. To cover the sunlight and let us be in gloom. 

"I always knew that you'll leave. He wasn't here so there's no purpose for you to stay... I knew but... It hurts my love... you leave me again, alone. In pain, and suffering from loss." I cried under the rough rain drops above me. No can even see me though which I am glad with. "You are very cruel but that thing factored why I loved you so much. Isn't it too early again? You leave so early. We just met. I just regained my memories... but I am glad I got to meet you in this timeline. I got to see how bubbly you were and once again making me remember how much I have fallen for you"

Destiny was always harsh on you. If I could only grasp within your destiny and put it on mine, I will. For I can give up everything, just to make you happy. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

58.1K 1.6K 30
KAKASHI X FEM! READER **THIS IS AN 18+ FIC, NO CHILDREN PLEASE** Y/N: When my brother Shisui was murdered, I was pulled out of the Anbu by the third...
1M 22.2K 68
Your favorite anbu, hokage, jonin, and sensei. Ever felt like how it would be to date him? Hm? Well this will take place when Naruto and them are st...
5.3K 128 7
A Naruto fanfiction. After a mission together, Naruto and Shikamaru can't get their minds off one another, but with their current workload, they cont...
1.4M 49.5K 64
"do you think it's possible to fall in love with a face you've never seen?" uchiha y/n, who has walked in Itachi's shadow all her life survives the m...