Mated to my Alpha's Rival

By prefeze

Elias Sage is the Beta of the Sage Moon Pack. He is loyal to his Alpha, his best friend, Silas Sage. He could... More

Authors Note
Character list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 ✨
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 ✨
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 ✨
Chapter 12 ✨
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 ✨
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 ✨
Chapter 23 ✨
Chapter 24 ✨
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 ✨
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 19

25.4K 909 193
By prefeze

Elias' POV

"Guess what we are doing tonight!" Kai exclaims excitedly, from the massive rock he's sitting on, as he watches Silas and I fight each other in our humans forms for training. I'm not sure where he managed to get the enthusiasm from since he's more hungover than I am right now.

Silas swiftly dodges my blow, "and what are we doing tonight?" He asks Kai.

"I am throwing you a birthday party at my place!"

Silas stops fighting me and turns to look at Kai curiously, "because you two didn't drink enough last night?" He questions sarcastically, looking at Kai then back at me. I awkwardly chuckle when his eyes land on me.

Kai scratches the back of his head awkwardly, trying to avoid Silas' glare as well, "uh no?"

Silas laughs, shaking his head, not bothering to argue with our lies. "Are your parents not home again?" He asks Kai.

Kai looks down and shakes his head, "nah." None of us talk for a little bit, knowing that Kai doesn't like mentioning his parents much.

"So, what if I say no?" Silas asks Kai, referring to his birthday party.

Kai laughs, lightening up again, "well, you can't say no, I've already invited everyone," he gives Silas a cheeky grin.

"Goddess save me," he mumbles under his breath. "Fine," Silas grumbles, making Kai and I look at each other with smiles on our faces, knowing he would give in easily.

"Yo, Silas," a male voice speaks up, "excited for your party tonight?" Maverick asks Silas, with Altas standing beside him. They are close friends of ours, who are apart of our pack and also both eighteen.

"Didn't find out till just now," Silas responds, crossing his arms and glaring at Kai. Atlas laughs at this.

"Dude, you've been planning this since last week," Altas tells Kai and laughs at him.

Kai shrugs, "if I told him last week, he would've said no," Kai argues, making us all agree, even Silas himself.

"You're all so annoying," Silas tells all of us. That's the end of training for today everyone, you're free to go home now, Silas tells everyone at the pack training today through the link.

"Finally," Kai sighs, jumping off the massive rock he was sitting on.

"You didn't even do anything," I tell him while laughing.

"I watched," he argued. "I'm going to get more alcohol for the party, see you all tonight," he tells us before leaving.

Silas simply shakes his head as he watches Kai walk away with a little skip in his step. "Coming home?" Silas questions me, now looking at me. I nod to him, before saying our goodbyes to Maverick and Altas.

*

Kai definitely knows how to throw a party. I wouldn't be surprised if the police turned up at some point, considering we are in the human community. Kai's family home is massive, making it easy to hold hundreds of teenagers for the night.

When Kai isn't throwing parties here, the house is too big to feel like a home. It's probably because Kai's family isn't around much. I know Kai prefers to stay in the pack house within our borders or even with Silas and I.

I never really found out the real reason why Kai is always alone, but I don't think he wants to talk about it.

"Kai!" A male voice yells making Silas and I groan in sync. "I missed you buddy," the human says as he gives Kai a "bro" hug.

"Nicolas!" Kai cheers, hugging his friend back. The two make small talk, as if they didn't see each at school just the other day.

Nicolas looks over to Silas and I, when Kai gets distracted by others, bumping his drink with our own drinks in a sort of greeting. "Silas, Elias, how you guys doing?" He smirks at us, before he continues, "whenever I see either you guys, you're always together, makes me wondering if maybe your gay for each other, if you know what I mean," Nicolas suggests.

"You're joking, right?" I say in disbelief, while Silas just glares at Nicolas.

Nicolas puts his hands up in defence, "hey, hey, I was just asking. No need to get defensive. Just don't wanna catch anything if you guys were, you know," he says with a laugh. Silas and I look at each in disbelief. I can't seem to wrap my head around why Kai is friends with this piece of shit.

"Being gay isn't contagious, idiot," I respond to the human trash before walking out of the kitchen, not wanting to socialise with him anymore. I can feel Silas following behind me after bumping Nicolas on the shoulder, making him stumble backwards a little. We both don't want to start a scene at Kai's house tonight, especially with a human.

"Kai seriously needs to get better friends," Silas mumbles when we reach one of the lounge rooms, finding a quiet corner for ourselves. I verbalise my agreement with Silas.

Silas groans which captures my attention, "what are they doing here?" He asks looking towards the entrance to the lounge room. My eyes shift over there to find Ryder, Blaze and Arabella standing confidently, despite walking into enemy territory. I secretly smile to myself, since Ryder actually listened to me when I told him to come to the party.

Ryder's eyes immediately find my own already watching him, a smirk appears on his handsome face. He begins to walk in my direction with his friends following. He wears a white button down shirt, with the arm sleeves rolled up to his tanned upper arms, with plain black dress pants. Goddess, how did I get blessed with this gorgeous man.

"You're drooling there a little," Ryder's deep voice teases when he stands into front of Silas and I.

I quickly drop eye contact with him and clear my throat to distract myself. "What- n- no I wasn't," I say before coughing. I can feel everyone watching me, including Silas. "Don't flatter yourself," I say more confidently, looking back up to Ryder, having to tilt my head upwards a little.

Ryder hums, not responding to that. Blaze and Arabella seem to be holding in their laughs. But we all have to keep up appearances, we are meant to be enemies, especially while Silas is present.

"What are you doing here, Ascota," Silas spits out, using Ryder's last name.

Ryder smirks, I already know he's going to play with Silas a little, "I wasn't originally going to come, but then I heard it was, in fact, your birthday party and then I just knew I had to come celebrate my favourites enemies birthday, of course." Silas glares at him. "You're welcome," Ryder tells him with a smile.

"Unfortunately, we couldn't get you present," Blaze tells Silas.

"We didn't want to waste the money," Arabella adds nonchalantly.

Silas cross his arms before speaking, "as delightful as it is to see you guys, you can now leave." Silas fakes a smile.

"But we are having way too much fun getting on your nerves," Ryder groans.

"Where's the other one of you guys?" Blaze asks, referring to Kai. "Feel like we are missing the anger issues here."

"That's because you have a habit of getting on his nerves," I speak up, looking directly at Blaze.

Blaze smiles at that. "What can I say, it's fun messing around with him." Silas rolls his eyes at that. I see Kai enter the lounge room out the corner of my eye, with Maverick and Altas with him. Kai looks around the room until his eyes lands of us, his nose scrunches up in annoyance when he realises who's rocked up. Blaze follows my line of vision, "ah-ha, there's the anger issues," he says loud enough for Kai to hear.

"There's the short ass," Kai responses standing directly in front of Blaze, taking a dig at his height. "You know for a Beta you sure as hell are tiny, can you even fight like that?"

"You wanna find out?" Blaze sneers back at Kai, arcing him up. Ryder puts a hand on his Beta's shoulder in warning, making Blaze stand down a little.

Kai smirks at him, "yeah, listen to your Alpha, pup."

Ryder glares at Kai, "don't disrespect him or you'll have another thing to worry about," he says in warning. I glare at Ryder, trying to tell him not to threaten my friends.

"Oh yeah? If your little bitch could stop purposely trying to get under my skin, I wouldn't have to keep putting him in his place."

"I don't even need to try," Blaze interjects.

"Can everyone please arguing!" I say in frustration, making everyone stop arguing and look at me.

Everyone stays silent. Blaze and Kai glare at each other. Maverick and Altas glare at Blaze together. Silas glares at Ryder. Arabella glares at Silas, while Ryder and I just look at each other.

"Shots?" A delicate female voice asks, walking over to us, completely ignoring the tension surrounding us. She gives Altas a quick peak on the cheek, as she holds a serving dish with multiple shots on it.

Rosalia is Altas' mate. She's the most gentle and genuine person I've ever met. She's also human but she knows of our world since shes mated to a werewolf.

"Sure!" Blaze says enthusiastically, as if he wasn't staring down Kai a second ago. Blaze grabs a shot off the dish. The rest of us hesitantly follow after Altas also takes one, not wanting to be rude to his mate.

We all take two shots each. "That should clear the tension," Rosalia says. "It's not good for friends to get all worked up and fight each other."

"We are definitely not friends with them," Kai responds still glaring at Blaze.

Rosalia looks confused at the situation, making Altas whisper in his girlfriend's ear. Rosalia makes an 'O' face as she listens intensely. "Whoops," Rosalia says nervously after understanding the situation, making most of us chuckle. "Are you two mates?" Rosalia asks suddenly.

We all look at her, my heart rate speeds up. "Wait, who are mates?" Silas questions Rosalia.

Rosalia gestures to Kai and then Blaze, for some reason. I let out a sigh of relief. At my relief, Kai and Blaze both look at each other in shock and then back to Rosalia as if she was crazy.

"What?! No!" Kai exclaims in shock. He points to Blaze, "that thing is definitely not my mate. Ew," he looks disgusted at the thought. I watch the scene play out in front of me, making me chuckle.

"I would rather die," Blaze deadpans.

"Good, please do," Kai scoffs.

Altas laughs at the mess his mate has made from suggesting something so bizarre. "I need to get another drink to forget any of this actually happened," Kai says, shaking his head and walking towards his kitchen in search of a drink.

The rest of us laugh (besides Blaze), at Kai's reaction. Somehow, Rosalia has made all of us forget we were even fighting in the first place, and even managed to get the two groups to stand next to each other without us remembering we are meant to be enemies.

————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 8.1K 38
Omegas aren't meant to be leaders according to most packs. However, Sage's pack has been under the lead of a progressive Alpha, and as the only chil...
46.9K 2.1K 36
The packs of Bluewood and Ironhill share a lot of things. They share a boundary line of nearly twenty miles, a vicious history of hate and a feud tha...
313K 13.4K 53
Moving is never fun, moving into your new stepdad's house because your mom decided to remarry again is even less fun, and being sent away unexpectedl...
298K 9.5K 31
Pax, beta of the Black Moon pack and the biggest mafia pack of the world, wanted nothing more than to meet his mate and live a happy life with them...