The Rich and Scandalous

By Fantasy_girl21

Since Leigh Mercer was a child, she had always known about Choice Ball- a ball held in the honor of the young... More

TRS Copy Rights
(1)Choice Ball
(2)Bad Luck
(3)Devil's Dinner
(4)Making Deals
(5)Green Bug
(6)Brilliant Plan
(7)Dangerous News
(8)Seeing Red
(9)Seven Minutes
(10)Sister Dearest
**IMPORTANT**
(11)Hungry Eyes
SHIP!! <3
(12)The Cave
(13)Saddle up
(14)New Starts
(15)The Serenade
(16)Candid Camera
(18) Playing Court
(19)Vexed Souls
Wattys
(20)Cold Hearted
(21)Cruel Intentions
(22)Birthday Suit
(23)Vegas Drama
(24)How Scandalous [Part 1]
(25)How Scandalous [Part 2]
(26)Lights Out
(27)Blissful Chaos
(28)Final Report

(17)Elevator Time

12.4K 453 17
By Fantasy_girl21

Hey guys. I know it's been a while so sorry! Here is chapter 17. I hope you enjoy it. Let's strive for 20 comments and 35votes for this chapter? I would highly appreciate feedback.

Also,enjoy the manipulated pictures of Jason and Leigh on the side (or above). I love their lives. This is kind of a minor chapter but there will be one coming soon after!

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxoxo

Elevator Time

Leigh jerked awake, her breathing coming out harsh as sweat pelted down her forehead. She placed a hand over her chest as she tried to steady her breathing. She was a mess, tangled in the thick covers with the silk material clinging to her damp skin. With a small grunt, she turned to the side and kicked her feet off the bed. She had just had a disturbing dream, and it seemed to be on replay the entire night.

The dream started off rather smoothly. She and Jason were having a picnic under the sunset. All was going well, until it came time for them to part ways. They were standing by her Chevrolet talking about how great the date was going until things became strange. There was a stir in the air as the wind picked up speed and became quite eerie and overbearing. Leigh's hair was flying all over the place and it was taking her great effort to keep it at bay. Somehow, even with all of the commotion, Leigh spotted it.

It was a blazing red dot, centered on Jason's chest. At first, she was confused, not knowing what the hell the dot was or where it was coming from. She had quickly regretted her actions though when a gun shot was heard in the distance and a bullet shot through the air and sliced through Jason's chest. Leigh screamed, her voice splitting through the air sounding hoarse and giving herself goosebumps.

Jason's body fell limp and Leigh rushed to grab him before he fell completely to the ground. She didn't realize it, but the tears were streaming down her cheeks, falling onto Jason's plaid shirt. His face was moon white, his eyes moist as his mouth hung ajar gasping for air. Leigh looked down and let out a shaky scream as her eyes took in all of the blood. It was red everywhere -engulfing her lavender dress, pooling from his chest and onto the cemented ground under them.

Leigh shook her head furiously, pleading her mind to stop replaying the dream. She got to her feet, her head groggy as she searched the bedroom for Jason. Screaming his name in an obnoxious manner, she let out a great sigh when he appeared out of the bathroom with a bewildered look on his face and shaving cream around his mouth and on his cheeks.

"What's wrong?" he rushed out as he grabbed a white towel from the end of the bed and rubbed the shaving cream off. Putting her better judgement behind her, Leigh rushed to Jason and engulfed him in a smothering hug. She stood on the tips of her toes as she wrapped her arms around his neck. His aftershave scent hit her nostrils at full force, and she closed her eyes as she melted into his embrace.

Jason's eyes grew wide with confusion, and with hesitant hands, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tight.

"Thank god you're okay," she said in a hushed tone.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jason asked all too hastily, and like a glass breaking against concrete, Leigh was snapped out of her emotions. She jerked away from him, diverting her eyes and running her fingers through her wild hair.

"I just had a disturbing dream, that's all," she admitted.

"Oh, so you worry about me now?" Jason asked his lips quirked to the side in a smug smirk. His hair was wet, glistening in the rooms light and his eyes twinkled.

"No," Leigh quickly snapped. "It would just suck if something bad happened to you."

"Sure," he said slowly, clearly unconvinced. He reached into a few drawers and grabbed a black tie.

"Okay smart ass," Leigh said, folding her arms. "Just promise me you will be extra careful today. Maybe take an extra bodyguard or two?"

"Okay," he said in an overly-chipper voice, sounding like a child who had finally gotten the candy they had begged for all day. "And if I promise to eat all of my veggies, will you let me stay up past my bedtime mom?" Leigh scowled.

"I'm serious Jason," Leigh forced out. "With everything that's been going on with these mob people, I never know what will happen to either one of us if we don't cover our tracks and be cautious."

"Okay I promise," Jason agreed with a small smile. He reached over and grabbed his leather suitcase off of the floor.

"Thank you," Leigh smiled. "Where are you going?" Leigh scanned Jason's appearance. He was wearing a very expensive looking black suit with a white button down shirt underneath. Even with his professional look, he still carried an aura of defiance as he let his hair be mopped out and damp atop of his head.

"To the office," he answered while straightening his tie.

"Oh," Leigh said in a teasing manner. "The sex cave?" Jason let out a laugh while Leigh rolled her eyes.

"No, not that office," he said. "The actual firm where I work. I have a lot of paper work to get through before this evening."

"When can I come see it?" Leigh asked. She had been curious about the McFarroll business firm. The large fifty-something story high building could be seen from the mansion itself. It was impressive and kind of intimidating at the same time.

"Whenever you want," he replied with a smile. "Just not today, I will be very busy. We still on for plans tonight?"

"Sure," Leigh said slowly. "You're the one who wants to meet my parents. My dad is even going to barbeque."

"Cool," he said smoothly while leaning in and planting his lips against Leigh's cheek. "See you later, love." With that he was out of the room and into the elevator. Leigh sighed, wiping her cheek to rid herself of Jason germs. She was kind of nervous. Her dream had shaken her up and a part of her doubted that Jason -with his carefree persona-would make an effort to be cautious. She decided to let it go though. She had class to get to and the facts were blunt. The mob wasn't after Jason, they were after her and she was more in danger than he was.

A part of her wanted to pull her own hair out. She wondered what was taking the mob so long to attack. There had been more than plenty of times where she was vulnerable. It was almost as if they were waiting for a special moment, and that scared her shitless.

Leigh got ready for class, grabbing her bag as she headed towards the elevator. As the elevator chimed open, Leigh was shocked to see Jeremy McFarroll. He seemed upset, his nostrils flared as he looked around. Leigh slowly got into the elevator, her eyes trained forward as she became very uncomfortable.

"Where is Jason?" he screamed, making Leigh shake beside him.

"He's at the firm," Leigh said slowly, She moved further away from him, grasping her bag tightly.

"At the firm that should have been mine?" he screeched. "My older brother knows nothing about law or business."

"He seems to be doing a great job if his parents allowed him to keep it," Leigh said slowly, trailing off towards the end of the sentence. Jeremy's hand darted out and pulled on Leigh's bag. Leigh gave out a scream but was cut off as Jeremy cornered her and pressed his body flat against hers.

"You know," he began, ignoring how Leigh squirmed uncomfortably. "Every girl Jason ever dated was a slut and a whore, and you know what I think?" His hand slid up Leigh's thigh and she snarled at him.

"Get off of me," Leigh hissed as she tried to maneuver her hands to where she could dig into her bag. She had always kept a bottle of pepper spray in her bag courtesy of Jason. All she needed was to get the bottle and spray Jeremy.

"I think you're no different," Jeremy finally added. "I can tell from the look in your eyes that you want me."

"I'm engaged!" Leigh screamed as she thrashed wildly. As much as she tried to break free, her mere weight was nothing compared to the massiveness of a McFarroll. She could tell that Jeremy had been drinking and it made her cringe. "You're married and drunk!" Leigh finally sensed an opening and brought her knee against his groin. He toppled over with a grunt. With a swift motion, she grabbed the pepper spray and squirted the contents of the bottle in his face.

He screamed, falling flat against the elevator floor. The elevator chimed open, exposing Janice who looked completely shocked and at a loss for words. "What's going on here?" she asked, her mouth hanging open as she stared from Leigh to Jeremy.

"Some people just don't know how to take no for an answer," Leigh said before she shoved her way through Janice and out of the McFarroll house.

"He did what!" Jason screeched through the phone.

"Calm down," Leigh said slowly as she opened the door to the building that her writing class was in. "He was clearly drunk."

"That doesn't excuse his behavior Leigh," he hissed. "I'm going to beat the living shit-"

"Wait a minute," Leigh said, pressing her free hand to the bridge of her nose. "Don't go doing anything rash. Now, I have a class right now, but promise me you won't go kill your brother?"

"What do you expect me to do? Just let him get away with what he did to you?"

"All he did was startle me. I'm fine and I really don't need you being arrested, especially with my family dinner being tonight." He sighed, his voice sounding stressed.

"Okay," he agreed. "Go to class, I will see you later." He hung up the phone quickly, and Leigh was left to roll her eyes at nothing in particular.

Upon walking into her class, there were students coming out. Leigh frowned, looking confused as she watched the class empty. She looked over to her professor who was wiping words off of a black board.

"Is class over, Ms. Stefahn?"

"I decided to end it early due to us having a public speaker today." Leigh cursed under her breath. She had forgotten all about the public speaker who also happened to be a published author was coming to the class that day. With all the drama at the mansion, she had been late to class only by fifteen minutes, yet she had managed to miss the entire speech.

"Thanks so much for allowing me to speak today Amber," a voice said directed to Ms. Stefahn. There was something about the southern slur that made Leigh turn towards the voice. It took her a moment to recognize the platinum blonde, brown eyed woman, but when she did she knew exactly who it was. It was Elsa, the woman who invited her and Jason to her novel sex party, and also the same woman who tried to humiliate Leigh in front of Jason. "Oh," she chirped. "You're Jason's fiancé right? Leigh?"

Leigh gave her a slight smile, pleased with the fact that she called her by her actual name and not 'Lean'. "Yeah," Leigh said slowly. "And you're Elsa?"

"Oh, so you two have met?" Ms. Stefahn asked.

"Briefly," Elsa chimed in.

"This is the prized writer I was telling you about, Elsa," Ms. Stefahn said with a smile. "Leigh has a very bright future as a journalist."

"Impressive," Elsa said, smirking. "Why don't we meet up over lunch sometime and talk about your future?" Leigh wanted to roll her eyes. It was clear Elsa was just being nice because her professor was in the room. Elsa was like another Olivia, only in dunce form.

"I don't know..." Leigh trailed off. "I'm very busy lately and-"

"Leigh, what are you saying?" Ms. Stefahn cut in while giving Leigh a sharp look. "This is a great opportunity for you. Elsa's novel has been on the bestseller list for three weeks straight. You should align yourself with the best."

"I know but-"

"Can we have a moment?" Elsa asked Ms. Stefahn. She grabbed her briefcase and nodded her head.

"Of course," she said as she went back to her desk and left Leigh and Elsa to talk by the door.

"Leigh, I just want to apologize for what happened at my novel party," she said, her face looking sincere.

"Really?" Leigh asked with a raised eyebrow, clearly surprised. Elsa nodded quickly.

"You know how us girls can be," she laughed. "We see our ex-boyfriend with a fresher, prettier version of ourselves and the claws just automatically come out. You didn't deserve the way my guest and I treated you." Leigh paused for a moment before offering a smile.

"Apology accepted," Leigh grinned. "Besides, you're not the only one who likes to rub in the fact that I am a bit on the young side."

"That doesn't make you any less mature," Elsa said sympathetically. "That's why I want to meet up at lunch. Whoever gets the internship at the end of the year -which Ms. Stefahn is sure it will be you-will have to work alongside me as their mentor. We may as well get a head start and not hate each other. Agreed?" Leigh nodded her head. She didn't know if Elsa was genuine or not, but she was going to give her another chance.

"Agreed." Elsa left, leaving Leigh to go over to Ms. Stefahn and grab her essay that she had looked over the previous week.

"So, how is my essay forming?" she asked curiously. She knew her professor probably wrote notes along the sides of the paper, but it was always easier to talk about it in person rather than through emails.

"I like the interesting turn you have created," she admitted.

"What do you mean?" Leigh asked, confused.

"Well, it started out as an essay strictly on physical sexual experiences, and now, I see more depth and dare I say love?"

Leigh choked, her eyes bulging at the meaning of her professor's words. "I will assure you that there is no love," she said after a slight pause. The essay was based on the sexual attraction between her and Jason, and if her professor felt like the piece was turning into a love essay, then what did that mean for her and Jason?

"Well, whatever it is, keep doing it," she enthused. "I'm not supposed to say this but by the looks of what you have, the internship is weighing in your favor."

"Really!" Leigh asked excitedly. She knew she was a good writer but with so many other writers in the class, she didn't expect to be a top prospect.

"Don't let my words go to your head though. Continue to work hard."

"I will!"

Okay guys don't forget to comment. I already have the next chapter written so once the chapter goal is met I will update. BUT, I'm more than likely gonna update again before the day is over lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...