cool kids , fulton reed

Av _astroshiine

"look, it was an accident, alright?" in which new boy falls for cool girl. (fulton reed x oc) (the mighty duc... Mer

introduction
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
act two
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen

sixteen

449 6 28
Av _astroshiine

╮iceland jerks╰

"Do you know where Bombay's office is? I've never been before," Charlie said as he and Sloane led Russ through the halls of the office section of the Memorial Colosseum.

"I think I do. I came once on the first day and haven't been back since," Sloane said, quickly reading the labels screwed into the wall above each doorframe.

"Guess we'll see how good your memory really is," Charlie joked as they slid into a light jog.

"I have an excellent memory, thank you," Sloane said and glanced over her shoulder at him. "I'm offended you'd suggest otherwise."

"You guys really think your coach will let me be on the team?" Russ asked as he followed closely behind Charlie and Sloane.

"We've got the open roster spot with Adam out with a sprained wrist. After he sees your knuckle puck, there's no way he won't let you on," Charlie said, following Sloane as she slipped through one of the many doors lining the hall.

"Oh, yeah, you're gonna be on the team, no doubt," Sloane said while glancing into the windows of the small offices in the larger rooms.

"There's his office," Charlie said, pointing into the small window of Bombay's office.

"Stay here for a minute," Sloane told Russ before she and Charlie turned toward Bombay's office door.

"Coach!" Charlie said as he and Sloane ran through the open door of Bombay's office. They stopped in front of Bombay's desk and Sloane briefly glanced back at the door they left open. "Coach, we know with Banks out, we got a roster spot open."

"Yeah?" Bombay said as he nodded slightly at them.

"Me and Charlie got to thinking about how we have an open roster spot and have come up with the most awesome idea," Sloane said, tucking her elbows to her side with her hands and forearms extended outward.

"You know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?" Charlie asked and leaned his hands against the front of the desk. Bombay nodded at him as Sloane slowly walked back toward the door. "I did some scouting for us."

"Come on in," Sloane said, waving Russ toward her. She smiled at him as he entered the office with his hockey stick clutched in one hand and his skates hanging over his shoulder.

"Coach, this is Russ Tyler. Russ, this is Coach Bombay," she introduced while leading Russ toward Bombay's desk.

"Hiya, Coach," Russ said with a wide smile. Bombay ducked his head as recognition washed over him before chucking and lifting his head.

"Russ Tyler, huh?" Bombay asked and propped his arms against the desk. "Well, Russ, what can you do for the team?"

"You never heard of my knuckle puck?" Russ asked in surprise.

"Knuckle puck? No," Bombay replied as he crossed his arms on his desk. Sloane, Charlie, and Russ shared a knowing look before dropping their gaze to their seated coach.

"It's good, Bombay, real good," Sloane said, smiling slightly as she nodded once.

"Over here! Over here! Give me the puck! Over here!" Russ said as he tapped his stick against the ice. Sloane stole the puck from one of Russia's players and passed it across the ice to Russ. The player she stole the puck from quickly hit her from the side and she stumbled sideways as two of his teammates skated toward Russ.

"It's knuckle puck time!" Russ said, pushing the puck onto its side. Sloane regained her balance and straightened as Russ pulled back his stick to take his shot. Sloane smiled to herself as the two Russian players that were skating toward Russ stopped and nodded along to the puck as it flew past him. Sloane whistled loudly after the puck flew past the goalie and skated toward Russ as the score siren blared.

"Yeah! That's my stuff!" Russ yelled while lifting his stick over his head.

"Nice shot, kid," Sloane said and patted Russ's helmet as she passed him.

"Miss Anderson, how do you feel about the fact that you and your teammates will be playing in the gold medal game," Guy asked and tilted his plastic water bottle toward her.

"It's a very exciting experience! My team and I, we're ready, we're hungry, and we're out for gold," Sloane answered with a smiled as she placed her hands on her hips.

"You'll be going up against team Iceland, who beat you in your last match up. How prepared do you feel that you are for this meeting?" Guy asked, extending the bottle toward her after asking his question.

"I think my team and I are much more prepared for this matchup against the Iceland team. We've reviewed a lot of their film and heavily discussing and practiced how we'd like to defend them. Yeah, I feel like we're much more prepared for this game than we were the last," Sloane said and smiled widely. She and Guy stared at each other for a moment before bursting into loud laughter.

"Guys, guys, come stand over here," Bombay said, waiting until they all gathered around him. "There's a special surprise that's been set up for you guys so I'm gonna need you guys to wait here for just a minute," he said and turned to leave the locker room.

"Hope this is good," Sloane said and craned her neck with narrowed eyes when she heard the click of cameras outside the open locker room door.

"I told him no visitors, but he wanted to congratulate you anyway," Bombay said as he reentering the locker room with Wayne Gretzky following closely behind. Sloane gasped loudly and grabbed Julie's arm as her mouth fell open and her eyes widened.

"That's Wayne Gretzky!" Jesse said as the team rushed to surround the man.

"Can I shake your hand?" Connie asked and grasped his hand when he nodded. Sloane slid between Connie and Jesse and slipped her hand into his after Connie pulled away.

"Sloane Anderson. I'm a big fan," Sloane introduced herself while shaking his hand firmly.

"So, you're the famous Sloane Anderson, huh? A few colleagues of mine have said you've got a dirty glove side shot so I had to come see for myself and I've got to say, kid, I'm impressed," Wayne said, shaking her hand once before pulling away.

"Hey," Sloane said as she turned to Jesse. "Wayne Gretzky came to watch me because his friends said I was really good. And he was impressed," she said and shook his arms excitedly as she bit her bottom lip despite a wide smile.

"You're ego's going to be insanely huge from now on, isn't it?" Jesse asked and pressed his lips together.

"Oh, you won't be able to stand me," she said, nodding as her smile widened.

"Guys, this is The Great One!" Charlie said as he moved around the huddle to stand beside Wayne.

"Wayne's fine," he answered and held up a hand, causing the team to laugh loudly.

"Get over there, guys," a photograph said and ushered Jan, Bombay, Tibbles, and Miss MacKay toward the huddled team with his camera lifted in his hand. "We need a picture." 

The four adults hurried toward the group as they backed farther into the locker room to fit everyone in the picture. Sloane and Connie slid in front of Wayne and bent their knees to keep from blocking him from view. Sloane quickly pulled her braids over her shoulders and smiled widely at the camera as Wayne sat one hand on her shoulder and the other on Connie's.

"Say 'hockey'," the photographer said as everyone settled into their position.

"Hockey!" they repeated as the photographer snapped the picture.

Sloane skated between Connie and Dean as Bombay led the team onto the ice of the empty arena. She retucked her white tank top into her light wash jeans after pulling her jeans up over her stomach. She reached up to tighten the small butterfly patterned white ribbon holding back a small portion of her hair and pushed the rest over her shoulders before dropping her arms at her sides. She slid a couple fingers under the gold bracelet Fulton got her, lifted it off her wrist, and ran her fingers against the chain.

"Wonder why we're on the ice," Connie said, slipping one of her hands into one of her pockets.

"The return of Captain Blood," Sloane responded dramatically.

"Coming to theaters near you," Guy added from the other side of Connie as he slipped his hand into her open one.

"Ha, that was good," Sloane said and laughed softly as she pointed at him.

"Thanks. Been waiting to use that one," Guy replied with a small smile.

"If Captain Bloods was back, though, Bombay's face would be a lot redder," Dean mentioned as he glanced over at the three.

"And his hair would have a lot more gel than this," Sloane added and slid both hands into her pockets.

"Captain Blood didn't ever seem this happy," Connie said as they stared at their coach.

"Made us run a lot more too," Guy said, curling his lip slightly.

"And Captain Blood wore nicer clothes," Sloane mentioned, smiling softly as Dean, Connie and Guy laughed quietly. She pushed at her brakes as Bombay slowed to a stop by one of the boxes and she grabbed Dean's arm when her knee buckled slightly.

"Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Luis asked as he stopped beside Bombay.

"Yeah," Averman said and Sloane hummed in agreement.

"Guys, this is our last team practice, which means-," Bombay began to explain while he glanced around at his team.

"The return of Captain Blood," Averman interjected, making everyone laugh loudly.

"No, it means..." Bombay said, stopping to laugh softly before leaning over the box to grab a large beach ball, "let's have some fun!"

"Yeah!" Sloane cheered and chased the beach ball when Bombay tossed it in the air and hit it away from them. She watched Goldberg kick it toward the boards and stopped when Averman picked it up to toss at her. She looked up as it sailed through the air and launched herself up, spun twice, and kicked it during her third turn. She landed on her feet and spun to her left, lifting her arms as her teammates cheered loudly.

"Hey, look at you, Sloane," Bombay cheered as he watched the ball fly back toward the boards.

"Seems like karate's taught me something of value," Sloane said with a proud smile.

"Other than, you know, how to defend yourself against murders and kidnappers," Jesse said as he moved around Sloane.

"Yeah, other than the boring stuff, of course," Sloane said and jokingly rolled her eyes. She looked up at her team when Julie skated in front of her and joined the rest of the team in following Averman as he carried the beach ball down the ice. He lifted the beach ball in the air and hit it down the ice with his fist. The team slowed to a stop at the Junior Goodwill Games emblem that had been put on the middle of the ice and watched the beach ball bounce toward Iceland's team before it stopped at Stansson's feet.

"How'd we not noticed them?" Sloane's asked Fulton and Dean as she stopped between them. Both boys shrugged and they turned their attention to Miss MacKay and Bombay as they skated between them and Iceland's team. Stansson picked up the beach ball, briefly let it go, caught it in his gloved hands, and squeezed it until the air was gone. He tossed the deflated ball to the side, took the hockey stick Gunnar was offering, and led his team in skating toward forward.

"Playtime is over. We have the ice now. You and your little rink rats must leave," Stansson said as he and his team stopped on the opposite edge of the Goodwill Games emblem.

"We're right here, Coach," Dean said and Bombay looked over his shoulder at them.

"Ken and his Barbies can't do shit to us," Sloane added and crossed his arms.

"Shut up, Sloane, yes they can," Jesse said as he leaned around Fulton to glare at her.

"The only thing little was your career in the pros," Bombay antagonized, smiling as the Ducks laughed.

"Gordon, no, let's go," Miss MacKay said while pulling at his arm.

"Well, at least I had a shot. I was there," Stansson responded slowly as he narrowed eyes and Bombay's smile fell.

"You were a disgrace," Bombay said and the two stared at each other for a long moment. "All right, team, we're outta here," he said after shaking his head and turning to them. "Let's go, I said! Come on!" he added when no one moved.

"Can you still move on the ice?" Stansson asked and Bombay turned back around to look at him. "Well, please, play a little with me. Show me the famous triple deke your daddy taught you. Or was it that old geezer over there?" he asked, causing everyone to turn to Jan.

"Shut your big ass mouth," Sloane said, grinding her teeth when Fulton and Dean grabbed her arms to keep her from moving forward. She shuddered angrily when Stansson and the Iceland team snickered at her and jerked her arms away from Dean and Fulton. "I think if my hairline was as God awful as yours is, I'd find a new hairstyle to wear in public," she snapped and ground her teeth together in satisfaction when their faces dropped.

"Marria," Stansson said as he extended his hand toward the team's athletic trainer. She placed the hockey stick she was holding in his hand and he tossed it across the ice to Bombay.

"Three bar. First one to hit both posts and the crossbar. Have to take it out past the blue line," Bombay said after careful examination of the hockey stick.

"I know the game," Stansson said. The Ducks and Iceland's team skated toward opposite sides of the Goodwill Games logo while their coaches skated toward center ice. Sloane stopped between Julie and Guy and watched both coaches stop on opposite sides of the puck with the goalposts beside them on either end of the ice. They circled the puck until the goalposts were behind them and Stansson picked it up.

"Let's go, Coach! Come on!" Dean cheered as Stansson carried the puck down the ice. Sloane began to cheer loudly with her teammates as Bombay back skated down the ice in front of Stansson. She watched Stansson pushed Bombay backward as they neared the goalpost and jerkily moved her arm toward Guy.

"Stay on your feet, stay on your feet! Let's go, Bombay! Come on!" Sloane yelled at her coach as Stansson moved around him. She pressed her lips together when Bombay caught up to Stansson and was pushed into the boards.

"Get to your feet, Bombay! Gotta go!" Sloane said while she watched her coach roll into a sitting position. She continued to loudly yell instructions as her coach as Stansson emerged from the other side of the goalpost. She scoffed loudly when he took his shot and hit the right post. She rolled her eyes, placed her hands on her hips, and turned to her right as she tilted her head back.

"This is stupid," Sloane said, letting her eyes fall shut as she kept her head tilted back.

"More stupid than our stupid ideas?" Guy asked as he turned toward her.

"Combined and with Charlie," she said and dropped her hands, turned back toward the Iceland team, and opening her eyes.

"Hey! Did you call me stupid?" Charlie asked, pressing his hands to his hips as he looked at Sloane.

"No, Charlie, I think you're very smart," Sloane said while smiling reassuringly at Charlie.

"Nice save," Guy said after Charlie shrugged and turned away.

"Thanks. Couldn't have his feelings hurt or he'd stop doing dumb stuff with us," Sloane said while crossing her left knee over her right.

"C'mon, Bombay! Push it, push it! Let's go, Coach," Sloane cheered while watching Bombay skate the puck down the ice in front of Stansson.

"That's it! That's it! That's it!" Connie chanted as she watched Bombay continue down the ice. Sloane lifted her hands to cup her mouth and cheered loudly when Bombay took his shot and hit the right bar. She whistled loudly and pointed at her coach when he smiled at her.

"Get it back! Get it back! Recover that!" Sloane loudly instructed after Stansson slid between Bombay and the puck to steal it. She cheered loudly when Bombay moved around Stansson to regain the puck. She nervously bit at her bottom lip when Stansson shoved Bombay and stole the puck again.

"Hustle, Bombay! Get it!" Sloane yelled and cheered as when he quickly slid in front of Stansson to retrieve the puck. She lifted her left fist with a loud whoop when Bombay hit the other post.

"News flash," Bombay said as he skated around the back of the goal. "That wasn't even my triple deke."

"Yeah, Bombay!" Sloane cheered and whistled loudly.

Sloane dug her fingernails into her palms until their were crescent shaped indents as she watched Bombay skate down the ice with the puck. Stansson fell forward with a grunt when Bombay hooked his stick around his skate and pushed it forward. Sloane whooped loudly when Stansson's face flushed a dark red.

"One more post and you go home crying," Bombay said after he circled Stansson and kneeled in front of him. "By the way, Stansson, you owe me a beach ball."

Stansson grunted angrily and hurried to his feet to follow Bombay down the ice. Sloane cheered loudly for her coach as he neared the goal. She stopped suddenly to watch as Stansson lifted his hockey stick as he quickly approached Bombay. She gasped sharply through her nose and pressed the palm of her hand against her mouth when Stansson brought his hockey on the knee Bombay injured earlier in the year. He groaned loudly and slowly fell to the ice as Sloane and the rest of the team skated toward him.

"It's all right," Bombay attempted to reassure his team as they gathered around him.

"Are you sure, Bombay?" Sloane asked as she gingerly reached toward him.

"I'm sure," he answered, taking her outstretched hands to him get to his feet. She slipped under Bombay's shoulder to support his weight as he began to lean heavily against her.

"Get your coach off the ice. We have to practice now," Stansson remarked and Dean and Fulton lurched forward. Sloane passed Bombay off to her nearest teammate as the rest grabbed Dean and Fulton to hold them back.

"Which one of you little bitches wants to fucking tussle? Promise you'll lose," Sloane said as she stepped forward.

"Sloane," Bombay warned, staring at her as the Iceland team snickered softly.

"Fine. Stay scared. Wouldn't want any of you to have a broke nail or a hair out of place when you lose that gold medal game," Sloane said and lifted her arms at her sides as she and her teammates left the ice.

"What will you do?" Gunnar asked snidely as he snickered softly.

"I'll wreck you, bitch," Sloane snapped, whipping around to lunge at Gunnar. She fought against Dwayne when he caught her and sighed in defeat when he picked her up to carry her off the ice. "I'd'a whooped his ass," she said and jerked away from Dwayne.

"I know you would've," Dwayne said, keeping his hand on her back to guide her off the ice.

"Okay, so, hypothetically, what do you think would've happened if you'd fought Gunnar Stahl?" Averman asked, leaning back in the plastic chair he was sitting in to prop his feet against the table of the cafeteria.

"I would've beat him up. Easy as that," Sloane said as she glanced up from her lunch. She pushed away her tray and pulled her homework back in front of her.

"I would've had your back," Jesse said and lifted his head from his history textbook to motion toward her.

"Glad to know I've got you, Jess," she said, jokingly blowing a kiss at him.

"Oh and you think I wouldn't?" Averman asked while lifting his forearms at his sides.

"Averman, would you try to fight anyone from the Iceland team if you weren't provoked?" Sloane asked while leaning her forearms on the table.

"You know, like, ten different martial art forms, you wouldn't have needed my help," Averman said and waved his hand at her.

"Yeah, okay, whatever. Mister 'I would've helped you'," Sloane responded as she dramatically rolled her eyes and returned to her homework.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

19.6K 490 25
❛ i've got a boyfriend, he's older than us, he's in the club doin' i-don't-know-what ❜ ━━ ADAM BANKS X OC ━━ STRANGERS TO FRIENDS TO LOVERS ━━...
46K 460 31
"you're not as sweet as you look" "haha very funny" [ this story is about you falling in love with your new teammate, Dean Portman. He then soon real...
42.7K 727 19
An ex ice skater and original Mighty Duck, falls in love with another ex ice skater who gets recruited for team USA at the Goodwill Games. This story...
30.6K 541 20
"i didn't learn. i just do it." in which fulton reed and aubrey mcmahon fall in love shortly after meeting. (fulton reed x oc) (the mighty ducks...