Pirates | Luffy x reader x Zo...

By Icyyhot

Y/n joins Luffy's crew. She has devil fruit powers. Who will she become close to? What happens when she falls... More

Ch.1 Journey begins
Ch.2 Buggy the clown
Ch.3 Usopp the Liar
Ch.4 Baratie
Ch.5 Arlong
Ch.6 Grand Line
Ch.7 Chopper
Ch.8 Alabasta
Ch.9 Crocodile
Ch.10 Mock town
Ch.11 Skypiea
Ch.12 God Eneru
Ch.13 Usopp vs Luffy
Ch.14 Enies Lobby
Ch.15 Goodbye Merry
Ch.16 Talking Skeleton
Ch.17 Sick
Ch.18 Separated
Ch.19 Training
Ch.20 Reunited
Ch.21 Fishman island
Ch.22 Hot vs. Cold
Ch.23 Momonosuke
Ch.25 Doflamingo
Ch.26 Elephant
Ch.27 Luffy's arrival
Ch.28 Kaido

Ch.24 Tournament

898 18 3
By Icyyhot

~Y/n pov~

We had set back off to sea with Law on our ship.

"Dressrosa?"

"Yes, there is something we have to do there." Law responded.

"Dressarosa?!" Kin'emon exclaimed in surprise.

The dragon called Momo had transformed into a small boy, which was quite strange.

"That's exactly where I want to go." Kin'emon answered our unspoken question, "You need to go there too?!"

"I think so." Luffy responded.

"You have no idea what's going on, do you?" Law asked with an annoyed expression.

Luffy grinned, "Nope!"

Nami ran over to the rail to peer into the sea, "The current is shifting!"

The water seemed to form a slope that we were going down.

"Look out for rocks." Nami called to Franky, who was steering.

"It's a sea slope. It's not uncommon." Law commented, "Don't try to go straight. Take a detour."

"He's being such a know-it-all-smartass." Zoro grumbled.

~*~

"Hello? I'm Monkey D. Luffy! I'm gonna become the King of the pirates." Luffy yelled to the transponder snail.

Usopp smacked him on the head, "I told you to shut up."

"Oh, mingo!" Luffy completely ignored Usopp and continued to yell, "Are you stupid, old Caesar's boss?! He gave Brownbeard and the children hell! I will beat the hell out of you."

"Straw hat Luffy. You went away for two years after your brother died." Doflamingo stated, "Where were you and what were you doing?"

"I shouldn't tell anyone about it!" Luffy responded seriously as Usopp tried and failed to pull him away from the transponder snail.

Everyone else just watched. We had all given up on trying to stop him from doing crazy and reckless things.

Doflamingo laughed, "I wanted to see you."

"What?"

"I have something that you'll want very badly now."

That made Luffy pause.

A smile grew on his face and I could already tell what he was thinking.

"How delicious is that meat you're talking about?!" Luffy grinned excitedly.

Law snatched the receiver away from Luffy, "Cut the crap. We'll hand Caesar over to you as we promised."

"Well, that's for your own good. You know what will happen to you guys if you don't."

Even without being able to see him I could tell that he was smirking. It was a gut feeling.

"Now, can I hear my precious business partner's voice?" Doflamingo asked.

Law held the receiver out to Caesar.

He shuffled forward, "Joker! I'm sorry. You resigned from the Warlords for me!"

"Did you hear him?" Law asked while snatching the receiver away from Caesar, "Eight hours from now, at the beach on the southeast side of Green Bit, the solitary island north of Dressrosa. We will leave Caesar there at three in the afternoon. Go ahead and pick him up. And this will all be finished."

Doflamingo, "That's too bad. I wish I could have a drink with you..."

"Just hang up!" Luffy yelled and hung up, "Sanji, I'm hungry."

I sighed as Luffy just changed the topic completely.

I sent Sanji a small smile as he handed me some tea before running into the kitchen to cook.

~*~

"I see an island!" Robin called from the crows nest.

Luffy grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the railings, "I see it!"

I smiled at his enthusiasm.

The island was still quite far in the distance but we would get there soon.

~*~

Luffy jumped off the ship and yelled as soon as we made it to Dressrosa.

Usopp glared at him, "I said you're too loud, Luffy! We're in their territory now!"

"As if that's ever made him be quiet." I stated as I stood next to Usopp.

"You're right." Usopp cried.

Luffy laughed loudly.

Franky started to shout too and chaos broke out as usual.

We climbed off the ship one by one.

"We should just go to town, right?" Luffy asked Law.

Law nodded in response, "Listen, don't let your guard down. If we fail to destroy the factory, it'll mess up our whole plan."

Luffy ran over to Momo, who was on dragon form, and sat on him.

"Alright, go Momo! To the town without stopping! Fly!"

"You're too heavy! Get off." Momo yelled in response, "I can't fly and I'm not gonna enter the island! My father told me not to."

They both started to fight.

"How should we change our clothes for a disguise?" Franky asked.

"Oh yeah." Kin'emon stopped yelling at Luffy and Momo, "Dress shirts for men. Let it all hang out for women."

"No thanks." I responded, pulling my hood over my head to hide my h/c hair.

Dressrosa is the best!" Sanji grinned.

Nami smacked them all over the head.

"Keep his." Law handed Nami some vivre card, "It'll point toward an island called Zou that I walked about earlier."

Law got out a map and went over the plan.

We had four different teams.

"Oh no, I have fear of Dressrosa-itis." Usopp complained.

"Look after the ship. Don't let anyone take it." Law told Brook, Momo, Nami and Chopper.

"Who's gonna protect us?!" Chopper screamed when he realised Sanji was missing.

Zoro grabbed my arm and pulled me away as Law continued to explain his plan.

I sent him a questioning look but he just smirked in response.

We caught up with Luffy, Franky, Sanji and Kin'emon.

This is not part of the plan...

I sighed. It's too late now.

There seemed to be toys that we moving everywhere .

What the fuck? This place is definitely not creepy at all.

I was eventually dragged into a bar because Luffy wanted to eat.

They had gotten disguises.

And by disguises I meant black clothes and beards.

I'm sure it won't take long for us to get caught.

I leaned back in my chair and sighed as I watched Luffy scoff all the food.

Did anyone even bring money?

It looks like a fight was about to break out.

I looked over at the red table, where some people were gambling.

"I bet everything!"

The guy playing against him lied about the results to scam him out of his money.

I felt bad for the blind guy.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as everyone else ate.

Zoro encouraged me to eat and shoved a sandwich in my mouth.

I glared at him while chewing it.

"It's black." The man lied about.

Luffy butt in, "No, it's white."

Everyone seemed to freeze as silence fell over the pub.

"Who the hell are you?!" The blonde man yelled angrily.

Luffy continued to eat and completely ignored him.

Before I knew it, weapons were pointed at us.

This is just our luck.

"He got himself involved as usual." Sanji sighed.

"Do I really win?" The blind man asked happily.

"Yes."

"I don't know who you are but thank you for your kindness!" He smiled.

"Don't mention it, I just said what I saw." Luffy leaned closer to him, "But, old man, you look so strong..."

The gang of people charged at Luffy with their weapons raised.

The blind man tripped on of them up.

He laughed, "Sorry."

He acted as if he was unaware of everything but he clearly wasn't.

The blind man easily beat the gang of people.

"We should get out of here." I whispered to the others as a fight broke out.

A massive hole was left in the ground after the man attacked.

The blind man left.

There were shouts as people noticed things were missing.

"He is not an ordinary man." Zoro stated before glancing down at his swords.

"The old man is a thief." Sanji stated as he looked at the chaos around us.

"There's only two!" Zoro exclaimed when he noticed one of his swords was missing, "Shusui."

"What?! The national treasure of the Wano kingdom!?" Kin'emon yelled in surprise.

I glared at him, "Don't draw attention to us."

Although I think we had already drawn a lot of attention.

The other guys jumped out of the windows while I stayed with Luffy and Franky.

Why did they run off like that?

Can't they use a door?

I sighed as everyone seemed to disappear.

~*~

"You're working under Doflamingo, aren't you?" Franky asked as we stood in an alleyway.

"Yeah. So what?" He asked.

Franky punched the man just above his head and left a huge crack in the wall as the man ducked with a small yelp.

"Why don't you spit it all out - everything we just asked you..." Luffy demanded.

"I told you. I remember going after a couple of samurai but I don't know how one got captured and where he is now." The man stuttered nervously as he stared at us in fear, "And I don't know what SMILE is. I've been summonsed to the colosseum. All the people in this kingdom are heading to the Colosseum today."

"Why?" I glared down at him, demanding an answer.

He smiled nervously, "There will be a very big event there today. All the executives of our family should be there."

"What is this big event?" Franky asked.

"For whatever reason, Young Master offered an unbelievable prize! Oh, it was so surprising. Everyone want it." The man mentioned with a smirk.

"Don't tell me it's..." Luffy immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion, "that delicious meat that Mingo was talking about!"

The man gave us a strange look, "Huh? I'm talking about the Flame-flame fruit."

Luffy's eyes widened as he stepped back in shock, "Ace..."

I grabbed his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

Luffy turned to look at me with a serious and desperate look in his eyes.

"I know." I pulled him into a side hug and rubbed his arm to comfort him.

I turned to look at Franky and he nodded.

"Let's go."

~*~

Luffy insisted on entering to the woman who was just about to close it.

"Fight as you like but don't show them who you are." Franky told Luffy.

"Okay." Luffy agreed.

Franky wrote his name as Lucy.

I watched as he entered the gate.

"Competitors only." The woman stated before closing the gate.

I snuck into the audience before the guards could comment on my looking suspicious as my face was completely covered by my hood.

I sat waiting for the event to start as the audience chatted loudly with excitement.

A girl sat next to me and gave me a small, shy smile before looking forward.

Cute..

I observed her from the corner of my hair.

She had beautiful brown hair that flowed down her body like a waterfall.

She looked familiar...

I thought back to the wanted poster I saw a few days ago.

Isn't she a part of that pirate crew?

"What's a wanted pirate doing here?" I whispered to her.

Her whole body tensed as she looked at my with a scared look, forcing a smile on her face.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't worry. Me too." I smiled and pulled my hood up slightly to expose my face to her.

Her eyes widened, "Oh my god. You're one of the straw hats!"

I looked around to see if anyone else had heard her but it appeared no one had.

"Keep it down. We are both wanted pirates after all." I told her, narrowing my eyes at her.

She slapped her hands over her mouth and blushed with embarrassment, "I'm sorry. I'm so happy to meet you in person though."

I looked at her in surprise, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're amazing." She started gushing to me and rambling on with a blush on her cheeks.

I smiled, a small blush coating my cheeks, not used to so many compliments.

"After this, we should stay in touch." I told her.

Her eyes widened and she grabbed my hand, looking at me with big eyes, "Really?!"

"Of course."

She smiled widely, not able to stop smiling.

I smiled at her cuteness.

The cheers of the crowd got louder as the announcer started to talk.

"Let me explain about today's competition! For the first round, competitors are divided into four blocks and it's gonna be a battle royal! A battle royal is a match in which all competitors fight at once so everybody is tour enemy expect yourself. Last one standing wins!"

I could barely hear myself think over the loud cheering of the excited crowd.

Hanako smiled shyly once she noticed me looking a her.

My hands went into my big pockets as I rummaged around before pulling out a transponder snail.

People cheered loudly as people started to get knocked out of the arena.

"Here." I handed her the small transponder snail.

"For me?" She asked, gaping at me.

I nodded as she smiled enthusiastic, holding it close to her chest before putting it somewhere safe.

I watched as one competitor got knocked out of the arena and then another.

Some were killing each other.

Hanako had turned to watch with an excited look.

She likes this kind of thing?

I sighed quietly.

~*~

The winner of block A was someone from Blackbeard's group.

It would be bad if they realised we were here.

Block B then started shortly after.

I noticed Luffy peering out one of the windows of the colosseum to see the battle.

He waved excitedly once I saw him.

I waved back but not as enthusiastically, not wanting to draw attention to us.

There was a blonde next to him who looked annoyed.

The winner of block B was Bartolomeo.

And then it was finally Luffy's turn.

He was in the third battle royal - Block C.

He looked so small compared to all the buff giants stood in the arena with smirks.

And then it began.

A few of them were glaring at Luffy.

Did he do something to annoy them or did they figure out his real identity?

This can't be good either way.

The bridge leading to the middle of the arena disappeared.

Luffy was meant to be keeping his identity secret.

I watched as he stretched his arm out and sent someone flying with his punch.

"Oops." He said.

I'm sure everyone had already figured out who he was by now.

Luffy effortlessly dodged anything coming his way and tried to stop stretching his limbs and do a normal attack.

I sighed.

Everyone had already seen his stretch his arm and leg.

Everyone in the arena turned to Luffy, all agreeing to take him out.

It didn't work though.

We didn't go through two years of training for nothing.

Hanako nudged me and motioned towards Luffy, "Is that...?"

"Yep." I sighed as I watched Luffy fling people away.

"That's so cool." Hanako grinned, "So that's why you're here?"

"Yeah. The prize... well it should be obvious." I stated.

"Oh..."

"Why are you here?"

"We were passing by Dressrosa and I saw this tournament so I wanted to watch."

"So this is the kind of thing you enjoy?"

Hanako nodded and turned back to the fight.

~*~

The battle finally ended with Luffy being the winner.

It seemed like Franky had disappeared from the audience, I couldn't see him anymore.

Something must've happened but I'm sure he can handle it.

I snuck one last glance at Hanako before sneaking off to meet with Luffy as the last battle royal was starting.

When I had finally found him, he was in a cage for some reason.

It also seems like all the other contestants have figured out who he is.

The audience haven't though.

I placed my hand on the bars and covered my hands in flames, melting away the cage.

Luffy jumped up and smiled at me, pulling me into a massive hug.

"I missed you." Luffy whined.

"We've only been apart a few hours." I sighed.

Luffy insisted on watching the last battle so I tried to find a quiet spot we could watch it from.

He smiled cutely and rambled on about what happened and everything I had missed.

I watched the pink haired swordswoman who Luffy had befriended.

I smiled as I watched her gracefully defeat her enemies.

She's strong.

Luffy always makes weird friends though.. she seems the most normal.

Rebecca eventually won Block D.

I wasn't surprised because she was quite strong.

~*~

There was a loud bang noise.

That sounded like a gunshot.

I hurried to where I heard it, Luffy following after me.

We reached the bottom of the colosseum.

The windows here were barred.

I saw Zoro and Kin'emon fighting Doflamingo's men.

Looking around for the source of the gunshot, I spotted Law bleeding on the ground.

Luffy watched the scene with wide eyes, anger burning in them when he saw what happened to Law.

Zoro was fighting the blind man we saw in the pub.

A hole opened up and Zoro disappeared from sight.

"Zoro." Luffy yelled, grabbing the bars on the window.

His body slumped and he almost fell but I caught him before he could hit the floor.

"Sea prism stone." I stated as Luffy stared at the scene with worry, wanting to do something to help.

Doflamingo came falling from the sky and attacked Kin'emon.

The blind man went to block an attack.

That just be from Zoro.

At that moment, Zoro came flying out of the hole in the ground.

"I can't believe the blind old gambler was a Navy admiral!" Zoro grumbled.

Doflamingo and the navy admiral ran away.

The other marines started to chase Kin'emon and Zoro.

Zoro came up to us and grabbed the bars.

"Find a way out. We're gonna wait for you by running around here!" Zoro told us before running off.

Luffy frowned as he watched Zoro leave.

He was torn between helping them and Ace's devil fruit.

I heard something about Big Mom and screaming from the small transponder snail.

This isn't good.

We started running with Zoro and Kin'emon.

This situation seems urgent.

And Luffy seems to have forgotten about the devil fruit...

But if we don't get it I think he'll regret it.

"Maybe I should stay here." I stated.

Luffy turned to look at me in surprise, "No way."

He was stubborn.

"What about the Flame-flame fruit?" I asked.

Luffy almost paused in his tracks once he heard that, he looked torn on what to do.

"We'll beat up whoever wins." Luffy exclaimed suddenly and continued to run, "Let's find the exit."

I followed him, lost in thought.

Even if we tried that, there's the chance whoever wins will just instantly eat the devil fruit.

"I'm pretty sure we're not heading towards the exit." I stated as we had been running around for a while.

We ran past this dude with green hair who seemed stunned to see Luffy as he stared at him in surprise.

"Bellamy?" Luffy asked when he noticed an unconscious Bellamy with the dude with green hair.

I heard footsteps behind us as someone approached.

Luffy seemed to notice too as we both turned to look behind us.

"I won't let you have the Flame-flame fruit." The blonde haired man stated.

He was wearing a blue suit and hat with a black coat over it.

Bartolomeo stated to scold the man for talking for casually to Luffy.

The man simply pushed Bartolomeo aside.

"What's your problem?" Luffy asked as the man approached us.

He pulled off the hat he was wearing, which was casting a shadow on his face.

Luffy stared in shock and it turned silent.

The man smiled at Luffy.

"It's been a while."

Luffy's eyes got glossy as he stared at the man in surprise, tears running down his cheeks.

He launched himself at the man and hugged him tightly while crying.

"Sabo."

My eyes widened when I heard the name, isn't he supposed to be dead?

Luffy had told me all about him.

"Where have you been this whole time?" Luffy cried loudly, "I thought you were dead."

"Thank you, Luffy. I'm glad you're alive." Sabo smiled.

Luffy sniffled, "But, I... I let Ace die right in front of me.."

"Even though Ace died, I'm glad you're alive. If you had also died, I would've been left on my own."

Luffy continued to cry loudly as Sabo smiled at him.

Those must've been words he wanted to hear for a long time.

Luffy eventually let go off Sabo but continued to cry.

He laid on the floor crying his eyes out.

I smiled sadly, scooping him up from the floor.

He stood on shaky legs and clung to me tightly while crying.

Sabo turned to look at me and smiled, "Thank you for looking after him all this time."

"You don't need to thank me. I've heard so much about you." I smile, slightly embarrassed to be thanked.

Sabo ruffled my hair affectionately.

He took the armour from Luffy and told us he would fight in our place to make sure no one else could have the Flame-flame fruit.

When I dragged Luffy to the exit he was still crying loudly.

Zoro complained about him crying.

I carried Luffy as his body shook, his sniffles becoming quieter.

~*~

We all hid in costume to make it look like we were just some toys running around.

"Sabo." Luffy was still crying.

"I'm asking you! Who is that person?!" Zoro asked, confusion obvious in his voice.

"My brother."

"Brother?! I thought your brother was Fire fist Ace. Are you saying he is alive?!" Zoro asked incredulously.

Luffy ignored the question, "It brings back memories."

"Answer the question!"

His supposedly dead brother who died when they were still kids.

Zoro was starting to get annoyed, "I said who is that?!"

~*~

"Luffy. Y/n." Kin'emon said after it was silent for a while.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Zoro is missing."

"Of course he is." I answered, "He'll be fine. He can handle himself."

"I can't believe him. We didn't make a turn or anything!" Luffy laughed, "Let's just go. He'll catch up at some point."

There was a loud noise in the distance and then Zoro called out to us.

"That was quicker than I expected." I commented.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Zoro grumbled.

"Oh! You have a little person there!" Luffy grinned excitedly.

I noticed a small person with blue hair.

"I'm gonna guide you to the entrance of the palace." She told us.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked curiously.

"I'm Wicka, a member of the King Riku Army's scouting unit." She answered formally, "Let's hurry. The operation is already underway."

I wonder how Sabo's doing.

He grew up with Luffy so he must be strong.

We had been running for so long.

We ran up some stairs as a building came into sight.

"There's a lift up here." Wicka informed us as she directed us towards it, "The palace is where Doflamingo is and the toy house and the trade port where the SMILE factory are located - they are all connected."

"You mean if we can get into the palace we can go to the toy house and factory?" Kin'emon confirmed his suspicions.

"Yes. To go to the factory you have to pass through either the palace or the toy house." Wicka agreed, "But my colleagues must've snuck into the trade port through the secret passage we dug. We gotta go to the palace first!"

"All right. But I still can't get over how there are such small people even though I see one now." Kin'emon replied in awe of the tiny people.

"Yeah, she looks like a toy." Luffy laughed.

"We only show ourselves to the Big humans of the royal family so you are an exception." Wicka explained, "There it is."

There were a few people stood near the lift.

"To enter the lift, we need to show the guard a card." Wicka stated.

Luffy grinned, "Let's beat him up."

"No." Wicka protested immediately, "If you do such a thing, it's gonna be messy."

"What's wrong with that?!"

Wicka started scolding him, her voice going squeaky as she yelled.

~*~

________________________________
4021 words

A/n another chapter successfully written. This is one of my favourite arcs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 26 13
After escaping the guards, Y/N ran to the woods where she meet two boys soon after known as Ace and Sabo, she became close with them but keeping some...
287K 8.9K 44
A simple girl minding her own business in a diner, a sudden crush happened in the diner, and in a blink of an eye, she was now in a ship with 5 peopl...
79K 3K 132
After leaving the home island of Usopp with their new ship the Going Merry, the new crew had rescued a young woman, called Michell D Iris, from the O...
1.4K 5 139
In this story, it will be about a girl who lost her brother when she was little and was taken in by a young boy named Luffy. A boy who said he would...