Mercury (And The Chaos In The...

By MoonixDrop

After the incident of getting their wings ripped in half, Mercury sets to recover slowly as chaos continues o... More

Chapter 1, Recovery
Chapter 2, Work
Chapter 3, Wings
Chapter 4, Watched
Chapter 5, Faults
Chapter 6, Events
Chapter 7, Urge
Chapter 8, Follow
Chapter 9, Hospital
Chaper 10, Peaceful Day?
Chapter 11, A Horrible Situation
Chapter 12, Message
Chapter 13, A Familliar Presence
Chapter 14, Strange Beings
Chapter 15, Inflict
Chapter 16, Back To The Hospital // Torture
Chapter 17, Myself and I
Chapter 18, Days
Chapter 19, Void + Static
Chapter 21, Chaotic (1/2)
Chapter 22, Chaotic (2/2)
Chapter 23, End of Cross? // New Days

Chapter 20, Abyss + Lilith?

0 0 0
By MoonixDrop

Someone stopped in our way as we continued our search, it was Abyss and behind them was Cross. "YOU!! YOU KILLED THEM ALL!!" Abyss grabbed my hand, started squeezing it and pushed me around. Vix tried to get me away, but Abyss yelled at them. "IF YOU INTERFERE I'LL RIP YOU APART..!!!" Abyss pulled me away and squeezed me. Dark crystals form the area, separating me from Vix, Like from Arcane.

I was with Abyss, "TRY AND FIND EACH OTHER!! IT'LL BE LIKE A MAZE..!" They threw me to the ground and took out the knife. The acidic one. "I'll hear you scream loudly.." Abyss whispered in my ear and stuck the knife up my hand.

—Vix's POV—

I hear Mercury's scream, it scared me so I came running to where it was. The problem was, the crystals are huge and sharp and I'm unable to travel anywhere else. I run and run looking for entry points, "It's impossible isn't it?" I asked myself, putting my hand on the crystal. "Maybe I could..?" I look at my axe. I could've thought of this earlier, but I doubt it'll work.

I swung my axe towards the crystal, luckily the axe didn't break. The crystal only broke off a little. As I spent my time breaking off the crystal, I hear Mercury's scream again but it was close. I freaked out and quickly broke the crystal down.

The crystal falls apart
I avoid the destruction and looked around for Mercury
My eyes widened
I've found them but

They were bleeding from their hands horribly in pain
I ran towards them, I told them I was here, I told them everything will be okay. But Abyss kicks me off, I fall to the ground hitting my body. My ears were ringing, I could barely move from the pain on my back. Abyss holds Mercury up from their wings, "I'll just kill them right in front of you.." Abyss grinned and squeezed Mercury's wings. I could hear them scream and saw blood bleed out of the bandages. "STOP!! LET GO OF THEM!!" I yelled as I tried to get up but the pain held me down. "And?" Abyss was messing around with me.

"I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you..." I carefully bring myself up, grabbing the axe, and limping towards them. Abyss was starting to get afraid and put Mercury down and backed away.

I was giving them a glare
it was a bluff anyways, I don't have enough energy to swing the axe
But I NEEDED to get them away from Mercury.

It went silent, I watched Mercury crawl away from Abyss.

Nothing else happened, except for this...

Abyss gets blasted away from Arcane, they get smashed into a crystal wall.

The crystal wall disappears due to Abyss going unconscious.

We were all finally out of there, Lilith was able to heal Mercury's wounded hands. It still wasn't over though.

—Mercury's POV—

I walk towards Abyss who was laying down, they've woken up. "Ah! Uh..Mercury..." They backed away from me, they were nervous. Maybe it's a perfect time to start to kill them.

I slowly put them down, I hold them down with my legs.

"Get off of me..don't tell me..." Abyss voice was shaken

I grabbed at their neck and started to strangle them, I felt like I was stronger every time I tried to hold them down. The sound of them gasping for air..I must..try harder...to make them die faster...

they're dead.
I Killed Void, Static, and Abyss!!!!!!
THEY'RE DEAD.
THEY ALL FUCKING DESERVED IT.
Now After I Kill Cross I'll Finally Be Able To Live In Peace !

   Madness slowly filled my head - something like this doesn't usually happen. I'm slowly going Mad I think, I Think So, I'm Losing It Again...this can't be. I need to Resist.

This place..........

I got up, they were no longer moving anymore. Just lifeless.

I was going to bite into their flesh but then—-

Lilith tapped my shoulder, "Let's go." They walked off
It surprised me, I forgot everyone was here.
Vix walked by my side, it was silent along the way.

I observed the city, sure it was gloomy and ruined looking. It looked okay, it was empty most of the time. Problem was, the smell of flesh is strong in this area and it's been reminding me of something from the past that I want to forget I want to forget I want to forge—

The sun was already about to go down, "Looks like it's gonna be nighttime soon.." Vix looked up at the sky. "Yeah.." I nodded and stretched my arms out. "Maybe we should rest. Especially Mercury." Lilith told me. "No I think I'm good..oh and where do we rest?" I asked. Lilith sighed, "I forgot, we aren't in Elysian anymore. We'll look around. I'm gonna go with Arcane to look around..You guys should also go ahead and look around too." Lilith walked off with Arcane.

"Okayyy.." I couldn't tell if they wanted to stay away from us..or be with Arcane more. Probably both. "I guess it's just us." I cling onto Vix's arm. "Y-Yeah.." They looked red, as usual when I do this. I smirked and hugged their arm. They were completely red. I was messing around with them.

After searching, we met up with Lilith and Arcane out of nowhere.

"You two find anything?" Lilith asked

"No, the buildings seem ruined from where we searched." Vix responded.

"We didn't find anything either." Lilith laughed it off and so did we.

"Anyways, can I talk to Mercury for a second?" Lilith pulls my arm somewhere far. "Sure! Don't take too long." Vix said. "Okay!"

Lilith stopped walking out of nowhere
they didn't say anything and just stood tightening their grip on my arm
"Lilith..you're hurting me." I tried pulling away
but they threw me to a wall

I tried getting up as fast as I could

but it was that same feeling again
the room went black out of nowhere
I opened my eyes to a darkish-grey room
"Reality?" I whispered to myself looking around

Has Lilith gone insane? I start to feel fear grow inside of me

Someone grabs my shoulder
I jumped back and it was just Lilith

"I don't want to do this to you, but I need to.." They said
"Huh?" I backed away further.

"I'm starting to get tired of you more, you're useless now aren't you? You are taking all of the kills with that STUBBORN GOD DAMN MIND OF YOURS!! Are you really that stubborn to destroy Cross? WHAT IF THEY TRIED TO KILL YOU?" Lilith was yelling at me out of nowhere.

"I don't know what you are talking abo—" I couldn't finish my sentence. "LIAR!! YOU WANT ALL THE KILLS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF." They screamed at me more and more. "Fine. I guess what you're saying is kinda true..but.." I stopped, maybe they're right?

"But?" Lilith calmed down

"I don't know." I struggled to say, Lilith bursts out laughing. "You're a funny one, Mercury. Disappointing but funny." Lilith stopped laughing and got serious. They lifted their arm out towards me.

———

Oh
I can't feel my arm for some reason
I'm still here
Lilith is just staring at me with their arm up

Suddenly I Felt A Twist On My Arm

———

...
My arm..it was ripped off—- I could feel a horrible sharp pain, I fall over—- As I watched my arm fly off and blood splatters everywhere, it felt slow.

I looked over at my ripped off arm
I was in excruciating pain and started screaming and dropping to the ground
"I'M SORRY!! PLEASE!! LILITH!!" I yelled out for their name but they didn't move other than look at me. I started to shed tears everywhere. "LILITH!!!" I screamed out their name once again.

No Response

///

I couldn't wiggle around anymore,
I'm so cold
so cold
I couldn't move, I couldn't speak

I am in pain

Why did this happen
What was the real reason for this to happen?

\\\

I gasped for air looking around
I was in a white room
it was familiar, a familiar feeling to it
"Mercury?" The 'me' calls out my name behind me

"Hey— Oh my.." The other me appeared and jumped back, it was surprised.
My arm was missing, it still remained like that after what just happened.

I got up in pain, the other me grabs my other arm, and takes me through those "dreams before reality." While going through them, I felt like I have forgotten what had happened earlier. I don't know the whole point of my own reality, but it is quite comforting. We arrived on top of a building with a void-like sky and no one else around.

"This place feels nostalgic." I said. "The ones we went through, they were all nostalgic." I looked down, the ground was gone and what remains is a void.

"Well, it is a city you used to live nearby in your human days." The other me said, smiling.
"Oh." I sat down while my legs hang off the building.
It sat down right next to me, "Your past is sad one." It went back to a frown.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Parents died in a car crash while you were in the car, after that, you experienced memory problems. Mental illness, undiagnosed, and many more. But the undiagnosed part was before the car crash." It went silent.
"Oh..." I was shocked, I felt like I almost remember now. As a past version of myself flashes in my mind.

"But, you seem to be doing fine now with a loving partner that respects you." It went back to a smile, it was a small one. "Don't you mean ours? Or..I could be wrong." I start to get clueless again. "Don't worry about it, anyways, that Vix person is quite the best fit for you." It smirked. My face turns red, "Yeah.." I mumbled.

"Well, there is something I want to say after you were with Lilith, you shouldn't be ashamed of what you feel or do sometimes. We are all different." It sounded like they knew everything about me. I nodded. "I wish you the best, try and beat Crosses ass!" It wrapped its arms around my body. "I hope you don't mind hugging for a bit, I know physical touch isn't your thing." It held me gently. "I needed this, after what happened. Thank you." I felt a tear slowly form into my eye.

"Of course, I'll take you back now." It patted my head.

Everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 573 75
150 years in the future little exists of humanity but what they left behind; a war-torn world. Those left that survived fractured into two groups, th...
53 21 16
Eris's world is turned upside-down after she learns about her biological parents and that she isn't exactly human... ○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○ Warning ⚠️...
197 41 13
It was an average day during 6th grade, but things take an unexpected turn. It was just a lockdown, they thought, or was it? This exciting story will...
1.3K 37 11
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐚 𝐁𝐢𝐱𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝. Danny Bixler x Nonbinary OC Evil De...