Sonic X Reader; Behind the Sc...

By Silverx721

6 months. It's been 6 months since the end of the war; since she left the Resistance and Sonic; and (Y/N) is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 17

667 33 6
By Silverx721

A/N: AHHHHH SORRY HERE'S THE UPDATE

ALSO THE SONIC MOVIE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 100/10

ENJOY THE CHAPTER, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS-

(Y/N) was sneaking around through the building, keeping her eyes on the cameras as they systematically moved from left to right. She and Sonic had split from the entrance only a few minutes ago and her part of the mission seemed to be going well. Aside from, of course, the confusing layout. She had memorised the map, yet everything felt like it had been mirrored.

Maybe everything that had happened with Sonic was getting to her mind and she'd forgotten the proper layout, it was probably messing up a lot in her mind right now. She thought about the conversation the two had before this mission, before shaking her head. Now's not the time to think about it, she was here for her family, not to dwell on the hedgehog. Even still, with everything being switched, it was confusing. Every left was right, and every right was left.

Whatever, it didn't matter, because she was still getting through the building, and she was going to do her best to focus on saving her family. Or, in her case, download all the information from Eggman's computer that she could. Sonic was doing the actual saving.

Finally, the (a/t) arrived at the door she believed lead into the computer room. She took a moment to lean on it, pressing her ear to the door and listening for any sounds of electronics, or a person being on the other side. She waited, and after a while of silence, decided it was safe for her to continue. Stepping back, she properly studied the door, seeing a lock around the handle. Using her grappling hook, she managed to bend and snap the lock off, pushing the door open with a squeak. She snuck into the room.

The first thing she noticed was how dark it was, no glowing lights or buttons from any control panels. The second thing she noticed was the door closing behind her, plunging her into darkness with a light 'click'. It took a moment, but (Y/N)'s eyes adjusted to the light, and she was relieved to see that there was some glow being emitted from cables laying across the floor. They sat in a tangled mess, and the (a/t) takes them as a good sign of a powerful computer being close by. Carefully stepping over them, she followed the cables deeper into the darkness.

It was hard to see in the unlit room, so when the (a/t) felt something move against her foot, she let out a scream, jumped and tripped over the cables, and landed in a large pile of them. It was a rather uncomfortable fall, and she let out a groan, holding her head. Why was this place so dark?

As if taking her question as a cue, bright white lights came on above her, lighting up the whole room. (Y/N) flinched at the sudden light change, lifting an arm above her head as her eyes adjusted. She tried to take in the room around her now that it was lit up. Instead, her attention was caught by a wall, the white tiles turning into a large screen, and suddenly the (a/t) found herself face to face with Eggman's large moustache. The evil doctor let out a bellowing laugh,

"Like my little surprise?"

"What... What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked, slowly getting to her feet.

"Everything." The doctor said, "The base, the map, the rooms. I had planned all of this from the start, I left that map for you and that blasted hedgehog, Sonic, to find. I even made it possible for you to find this base. And then I heard your little conversation in that tree outside a week ago, and I finally hatched my plan. It's been a while since Sonic has had a romance, I'm awfully happy to grasp at such an opportunity."

(Y/N) tilted her head, wondering what he meant by that, but she stopped herself, trying to stay focused. Sonic didn't matter now, her family did.

"Where are they?!" She asked, probably more aggressively than intended.

Eggman snickered at her, "They're close by... But that doesn't matter to you now that you're about to meet your demise."

"What do you mean? What happened to Sonic?!"

The evil doctor only smiled, and suddenly a red glow emitted from the cables around the (a/t)'s feet. She startled, stumbling back and away from them as they started to move, slithering like snakes towards her. As much as the (a/t) tried to escape the large mass, they were quick, catching her and wrapping around her body like a constrictor, pinning her arms to her sides. She growled, struggling in the hold of the cables, but they only tightened around her, lifting her up into the air and in front of the large screen.

Eggman had started chuckling to himself, "You know, this whole plan was so brilliant... It gave me quite the shock."

Like a trigger being pulled, the cables let out a burst of electricity, and (Y/N) was enveloped in pain. She cried out, unable to do anything as her body locked up from the intensity. Her mind went completely blank, the (a/t) unable to even think of a way to escape, unable to think of anything but the pain. It was like waves of something unexplainable washed over her, moved through her nerves, like she had pins and needles all over, but instead of pins, they were picks, and instead of needles, they were knives.

As soon as it started, the electricity died down and (Y/N)'s head fell forward. Her eyes were wide, her mind still feeling numb.

"Aha! They work just as I planned!" Eggman's smug voice stopped the ringing in the (a/t)'s ears, "Though it is a shame they didn't all activate, only the ones around you seemed to register my commands."

"Oh well, that hardly matters since the important ones are working." He shrugged off the small glitch, "They're on a timed zap, so you'll get to experience what it's like to be an enemy of Eggman before I finally kill you."

(Y/N) lifted her head just as another burst of electricity shot through her, and she threw her head back as she screamed out in pain. Something started to smell, though the (a/t) wasn't sure what it was, wasn't sure of anything. What as even happening anymore? She had been here to look for her family, and now she was stuck in a trap, but how? All she could tell was pain, agony.

The shock died down, and she slumped forward, her vision felt faded around the edges, blurry as tears fell into the mass of dark cables below. Eggman chuckled more, making an off comment about something blue, the (a/t) couldn't really hear him. Her ears rung; her chest felt tight. The cables were wrapped so tightly around her that she could barely breathe. Was this a part of it? Of his plan? She was going to be crushed, strangled to death?

Her ears picked up a small thump that slowly started to grow louder. Hope spiked through her stomach, almost in a painful way, but Eggman didn't seem worried. His smirk only widened, however possible that was,

"Sonic won't be saving you this time, I reinforced the walls and door with a forcefield. I had some remanence of Phantom Ruby energy and thought it useful. Sonic won't be able to break through any time soon."

"H-He'll... Find a... Way..." Somehow (Y/N) got the words out, though she could feel the drool filling her mouth. He had to find a way.

The scientist was about to make another stupid remark when the sound of cutting metal shut him up. Both doctor and victim turned their heads towards the door, and the (a/t) managed a small smirk, though her lips shook, and her cheeks felt weak,

"Obviously... Not everything is protected... But your forcefield..."

Eggman's laughter turned into a scowl as Sonic broke through the floor, a blue blur that flew through the air for a moment, before landing in a mass of cables. The hedgehog's green eyes were alight with a fire the (a/t) had never seen before, his lips pulled back in a scowl that could match the doctor's.

And suddenly, (Y/N) was being shocked again. Her fur stood on end as the next burst of electricity made it's way through her body, and her muscles spasmed against the cables, tensed up, her body felt like it was shaking, but she wasn't sure if it was. She cried out again, closing her eyes tightly in an attempt to fight the pain.

"(Y/N)!" Sonic yelled, jumping up to try and help her. But he stopped short, taking notice of the scattered red cables slithering through the room. If he were to get caught by them, they'd both be screwed.

Eggman's scowl had once again turned back into a chuckle, "Like my newest trap Sonic?"

The (a/t) gave another short cry as the electricity stopped, and she looked like she was barely conscious. Sonic growled,

"You've gone too far!" He shouted, which Eggman only laughs at,

"Oh Sonic, I only want to see your spirits being crushed. If this is the way to do it, then so be it. Just like old times, eh?"

The hedgehog was fuming, clenching his fists at his sides. He knew he had to save (Y/N) soon, otherwise Eggman would only be repeating the past. However, as Sonic tried to think of a plan, of a way to get (Y/N) out from the constricting cables, the wall across from him started to open. He watched cautiously, wondering what other annoying distractions Eggman could be sending his way, delaying the hero from saving the (a/t).

Of course, Metal Sonic stood on the other side of the wall, his red eyes glowing in the darkness of the new room. He made a strange robotic sound, before stepping into the light. The robot look-a-like lifted his clawed hand, clenched it, and flew at the other. Sonic was quick to react, jumping back and dodging the swing of the other's clawed hand. He smirked to himself,

"So, we're really gonna have another showdown huh? The fight in the city wasn't enough for you?"

Metal gave a beep in response and crouched down, spindashing into the air and attacking his duplicate. The blue hedgehog caught the other, feeling himself slide back through the deactivated cables. He caught sight of some red cables behind him, the bright red glow hinting that they were currently emitting electricity, and Sonic felt far too close for comfort. So, he made the quick decision to kick Metal into the ceiling. Once Sonic heard the 'twang' of metal against metal, he turned his attention back to the cables, needing to find a way to power them down.

He turned his attention to the room, keeping away from the red cables, before they suddenly all seemed to power down. Eggman gave an angered yell in the background before he disappeared off screen. That's when Sonic realised that (Y/N) had gone quiet. He turned his head up to her, the cables, though still extended in the air, had gone dark, and the (a/t) was now unconscious, her nose bleeding. The cables must have gone off again while he was distracted with Metal.

The blue hedgehog growled to himself, before said robot came crashing down, slamming into him and pushing Sonic into the ground. He managed to get one clawed hand around his neck, the other pinning his head to the ground, and Sonic let out a grunt in response. His head spun from the sudden impact, but he managed to shake it off, and instead, he grabbed a cable near him, praying it was one of the active ones, before wrapping it around his copy's neck. Metal, clearly surprised by this act, moved a hand from Sonic's head and up to the cable, which gave the hero a chance to kick him off.

Metal fell back into the cables and Sonic got to his feet, making sure to move quickly. He needed to get to (Y/N) before Eggman got the cables working again. Jumping from the disorganised mess below, the hedgehog grabbed onto the cables wrapped around the (a/t)'s body, surprised by just how tightly they had wrapped around her, before effortlessly ripping them off. Now with her safe in his arms, he landed and glanced around the room. Time to go.

"Aha!" Eggman's voice echoed through the room, and the cables turned back on.

Now, even more of them seemed to light up, slithering over the floor like the snake-replicas they are. Sonic's eyes snapped back to Metal, who instantly started glitching and clawing at the cables around his neck.

"No!" Eggman yelled, cursing out the hedgehog for ruining his plans, "Metal, attack!"

The robot, body twitching and eyes glitching, got to his feet and let out a strange screeching sound, before he lifted off the ground and flew at Sonic, dragging the cable behind him. The hedgehog inwardly groaned, holding the (a/t) close to his chest as he jumped back, repeatedly avoiding the robot's attack. However, as the robot continued to move, no longer attempting to remove the electrifying cable, he started to glow a shade of red. To Sonic's annoyance and horror, Metal was slowly becoming supercharged and erratic.

Sonic kept jumping away, becoming even more determined to escape. This was starting to get ridiculous, and he wondered how the two were supposed to get out of here with the deranged robot chasing them. Not to mention, the hedgehog needed to keep an eye out on where he landed while dodging Metal. Though more of the cables were lit up now, there were still some dark patches he could step on without getting hurt.

However, the hedgehog didn't factor in the possibility that they'd be hard to step on, and while trying to jump away from the spasmodic bot, he managed to trip on one of the cables, sending both himself and (Y/N) crashing into the wall. He let out a groan, feeling his body ache slightly, before glancing down at the (a/t) in his arms. He had managed to twist himself in a way that he would take the brunt of the impact, the hedgehog determined to protect the (a/t).

Sonic shook his head, doing his best to get his bearings again, and just in time to see Metal flying towards him. The hedgehog barely moved out of the way in time as Metal struck the wall, his clawed hand cutting through Sonic's arm. What felt like fire and ice spread over the hedgehog's arm, causing him to hiss in pain, the feeling of something wet mixing with his fur. Metal's arm broke through the wall, small blood spots splattered around the hole. However, the robot was now stuck, trying his best to pull back. Sonic jumped away, holding the (a/t) close. She let out a groan starting to shift in his arms.

She was starting to come to.

The blue hero glanced at her, before the sound of ripping metal caught his attention and he turned back to his fake. The robot had finally pulled his hand free and was processing the blood on his hand, his red eyes snapping back to his foe. Sonic needed to figure out how to get out of here, and he needed to do it now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 482 51
Sonic and friends unwillingly travel to another dimension and upon arrival realise that they are not able to freely show their special abilities to t...
41.8K 1.1K 27
(Shadow x Child Reader). Not a romance. A young girl has found herself caught in a dangerous situation. There's nowhere to go-not without them findi...
57.4K 1.2K 16
Yes i heard shadow boom is in the sonic boom series and it will be put in November 15 and its in episode 52 so there you go shadow fans: You are the...
9.3K 189 20
My First Wattpad Story. The characters in this story aren't mine they're Sega's. (Y/N) belongs to you and is also you. (Y/N) is just a normal girl wh...