Verde Crows: Lost In Another...

By Mr_Rinzuri

Reincarnated in another world as a administrative AI *This is a high fantasy based novel with some cracks *In... More

Bio
Prologue
Vol. 1 Chapter 1: Reincarnation
Vol. 1 Chapter 2: The Another World
Vol. 1 Chapter 3: Departure
Vol. 1 Chapter 4: First Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5: Spartan VS High Orc King
Vol. 1 Chapter 6: Encounter
Vol. 1 Chapter 7: Trial
Vol. 1 Chapter 8: Noel
Vol.1 Chapter 9: Mercenary Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10: Decision
Vol. 1 Chapter 11: Farewell
Vol. 1 Chapter 12: Unlikely Agreement
Vol. 1 Chapter 13: Rear Echelon
Vol. 1 Chapter 14: Overdoing My Job
Vol. 1 Chapter 15: Intelligence gathering
Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army
Vol. 1 Chapter 17: Lack of Common Sense
Vol. 1 Chapter 18: Encounter with Dangerous Beings
Vol. 1 Chapter 20: Dinner with what?!
Vol. 1 Chapter 21: That moment, I Fucked up.
Vol. 1 Chapter 22: Who's the fastest?
Vol. 1 Chapter 23: Errands of Kuudere Android
Vol. 1 Chapter 24: Extermination
Vol. 1 Chapter 25: Port City of Olandia
Vol. 1 Epilogue: Side Story 1
Vol. 2 Prologue
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: Dangerous Woman #2?
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Dwarves
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Next priority
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The Suspect Is?
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Sources of Trouble
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: Brewing Catastrophe
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: Blasphemous Act
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: Disaster
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Trap
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: Party
Vol. 2 Chapter 11: Other worlders
Vol. 2 Chapter 12: Information
Vol. 2 Chapter 13: Glimpse of Power
Side Story 2: Excerpt of History + A Leisure Observation
Vol. 2 Chapter 14: Lurking shadow
Vol.2 Chapter 15: Internal Trouble
Vol. 2 Chapter 16: Appeasement
Vol. 2 Chapter 17: Imperium's Darkness
Vol. 2 Chapter 18: Through the Sky
Vol. 2 Chapter 19: Demons And Gods (1)
Vol. 2 Chapter 20: Demons and Gods (2)

Vol. 1 Chapter 19: How Heroes Fight

603 28 14
By Mr_Rinzuri

A few moments ago

Forest outside Palt, over two thousand and seven hundred strong hired army by the secessionist factions of Union, marched towards the town with over a thousand slaves and captured townsfolk as meat shields.

"The stragglers and vanguards move forward! Mage and range troops prepare to saturate and destroy the enemy fortifications!."

The officers of this private army began to direct them, all of them are enthusiastic to overrun a helpless band of caravan security force.

"We won't playing, we are going to take them seriously now."

Losing 300 men at first skirmishes and second battle which ended in losing nearly a thousand troops in the process. The leader and the noble doesn't like it, if they stay here a little longer, the armies of neighboring settlements will going to trampling them with overwhelming number.

When they about reached the plain, only a kilometer away from the town. They are already within the range of magic casters and magical enhanced archers.

"Prepare for attack! Mages began chanting! Archers synchronize with the mages attacks!."

"Mages and archers! Let——!."

Boom! Boom!

Explosions resonates throughout the area, dozens of fireballs slammed on their armies.

Another round of something that cuts through the air slamming on the ground, shattering it to pieces and threw debris up on the sky.

Boom! Boom!

"What's happening?! Put the shield wielding troops forward! Mages set up all round barrier magic!."

The shield wielders of the private army form up like an armored tortoise, the mages meanwhile made a glass like barriers to protect them from attacks currently happening right now.

The barriers tanked the magic attacks, and they finally identified the perpetrators.

"Southeast! 4,000 paces! A mage floating in the sky! Shot it down!."

"Archers! Mages!."

"Let Loose!."

Hundreds of magic bolts and arrows rained down on the mage floating in the sky.

"Ancient magic: Gravity Spheres." (Great Sage)

Several black orbs surrounded the mage.

"Collapse." (Great Sage)

All inside the 150 meter radius range of the magic was immediately crushed by intense gravity. It's like being crushed by the pressure equal to 100 tons of weight.

All of the tangible projectiles was drawn downwards, however, the magic bolts without any mass was unaffected.

"Intermediate class magic: Multi-layered Shields." (Great Sage)

Several hexagonal barriers manifested in front of the mage and tanked all of the magic bolts which exploded in a flashy way.

"Too many...."  (Great Sage)

The person sighed, and prepared to attack once again.

"Intermediate class magic: Fire Lances." (Great Sage)

"Intermediate class magic: Rock bullets." (Great Sage)

The person was a rare multi-chanter of the Jade Order Knights, and the Great Sage at the same time.

"Hmm? A large magic signat—Boom!."(Great Sage)

The mage who currently attacking the large army was got hit by a magic bolt of the enemies. However, it didn't break it's sturdy shields.

"Oh great, my glasses was cracked... Man I hate this." (Great Sage)

The shockwaves by the explosions still hits the person and have some bruises in the aftermath.

"My fault... I won't let them attack ever again." (Great Sage)

Hundreds of fire Lance and earth bullets began to aim at the army and one after another they slammed on their formation, wrecking havoc on the hostile ranks.

"Char!." (Hero Amelia)

"Amelia?." (Great Sage)

"Are done dealing with them? I'll substitute." (Hero Amelia)

"Not yet." (Great Sage)

"There aren't strong guys here? I want to warm up a bit." (Hero Amelia)

"You can jump there, you battle junkie." (Great Sage Charlotte)

The Great Sage, Charlotte von Rozenfeld. Sighed on the hero, she glanced back on the attacking army which futilely being blocked by barriers of Charlotte.

"Royal class magic: Fire Phoenix." (Great Sage Charlotte)

A giant mythical bird appeared above them, 50 meters in diameter and clad in blazing red flame.

"Go rampage." (Great Sage Charlotte)

Keeeeeehhhhhhhh!!!!!

The Fire Phoenix let out a ear piercing screech and immediately dove towards the army of hostile forces. Compared to earlier damage caused by Charlotte herself, the rate of destruction was faster and higher than before. The Fire Phoenix burned and incinerated all of the unlucky enemies into a smoldering charcoals.

"That's your new magic?! I want to test it later on. Can I fight it? To test out my fire resistance." (Hero Amelia)

"No." (Great Sage Charlotte)

"Too bad, I'll help myself with the small fries here then." (Hero Amelia)

The hero, near instantaneously landed on the ground with a powerful thud. The ground trembled, it's a clear sign of danger.

"Orah! Look and Come at me, you fools!." (Hero Amelia)

The hired soldiers immediately swarmed the hero, thinking they could overcome her with numbers

"That's the spirit! here! DECAPITATION STRIKE!." (Hero Amelia)

A horizontal strike which cut down hundreds of heavily armored, shield wielding, and magic barrier users in one go, it's so powerful to an extent that she wiped out an entire column of hostile army in a blink of an eye.

"They are a disappointment, so weak! No one even survived that attack?!." (Hero Amelia)

"Obviously, No one will going to survive that, You're just too ridiculous." (Great Sage Charlotte)

"I know right! But still I want to fight stronger people!." (Hero Amelia)

The Great Sage sighed in the childish tendency of the hero.

"Ancient magic: Dual Ice dragon." (Great Sage Charlotte)

"Aren't you exhausted firing those powerful magic?." (Hero Amelia)

"I'm not." (Great Sage Charlotte)

The Great Sage then commanded the two head ice dragon, plunging towards the ranks of disoriented enemies. Together with the Fire Phoenix, the destruction was a sight to behold as if Kaiju's straight out from movies tramples the medieval soldiers.

The Carnage continues as two abnormal people wrecking havoc on their enemies.

Liam POV

"What the actual fuck is this?." (Liam)

There are two huge monsters annihilating hundreds of soldiers as if they are trampling some ants here, not to mention, the person who made them are spamming with several long range attacks such as fire, electricity, water, ice and more like it was nothing and their firepower is not a joke.

It's not a battle, it is an utter massacre.

"The hero is freaking strong .... Will Lynette become as ridiculous as her?." (Liam)

Remembering the sight of Lynette casually cutting down several large trees, I shrugged.

"As they say, Heroes are not your everyday ordinary folks." (Liam)

While looking on the battlefield, I saw something familiar.

"Hmm? That's ...." (Liam)

I jumped and run towards it, and it's definitely one of my drones. it's been fried by something. Fire? Electricity? It should be EMP and fireproof, so how?

"Who attacked my drones?." (Liam)

Whatever, let's return back on the town

When I thought so, someone is on the way.

"You bitch! Why are you here?!." (Liam)

"Your dirty mouth! Do you seriously want to die?! You're really getting in my nerves!." (Ivy)

It's the crazy knight, who attacked me out of nowhere.

"Are perhaps going to attack me?." (Liam)

I cautiously said and stepped back. She might want a rematch.

"No, I'm ordered by the client here to escort you from safety." (Ivy)

With dissatisfied voice, she replied.

"Sistiene?." (Liam)

The hell is she thinking? But when I casually said her name, this bitch groaned as if she was angered by my words.

"Don't casually call her name! You're just a nobody!." (Ivy)

Then she began to reach the hilt of the sword.

"Hey hey hey! Stand down! Calm your horses and put your fingers away from the sword!." (Liam)

"Tsk, I know." (Ivy)

Despite her pouting and obvious unwillingness, she withdrawn her arm from the sword and lead the way.

"Let's go there." (Ivy)

"Ye——Boom! Boom!." (Liam)

When I about to followed her, Several consecutive explosion resounded. It's seem the intensity was raised by a notch. Condolence for the enemies who have been subjected against those abnormal people.

"What a monstrosity of strength." (Liam)

"Are you stupid? I'll pretend I didn't hear that but if you value your life, don't ever mention that in front of the hero and great sage, ever again." (Ivy)

"Yes, yes." (Liam)

It's kinda offensive on them I guess? But getting insulted by such low level topic is... Making them as shallow minded people? Or it's just a pride? I mean is this bitch misunderstanding or something? Monstrosity of strength is kinda a compliment rather than an insult.

On our way, the crazy knight began to speak.

"It might be late, but I am Ivy reen Von Jhinsuven. So be honored learning my name and affiliation." (Ivy)

"I didn't ask for it." (Liam)

I didn't really cared on the first place.

"Huh?! You ingrate! Does you don't have any manners at all?." (Ivy)

"Big words on some uncivilized folks who cowardly attacked me out of nowhere." (Liam)

"Because It's...." (Ivy)

Moment of Truth? I really wanted to know why I've been attacked.

"It's?." (Liam)

"It's your fault!." (Ivy)

"I didn't do anything illegal as far as concern." (Liam)

I might've slaughtering bandits and destroyed some private property, but I've paid it already and also it's unavoidable to do so, a collateral damage as they say.

"You! Because of you!." (Ivy)

"What about me?." (Liam)"

"You seduced my Sistiene! You perverted old man!." (Ivy)."

Oh? Crap, she didn't know about our deal with Sistiene and what's the final word?

"I'm 19, so I didn't belong nor counted as old man, there's only 5 years of difference so it's not illegal, not to mention. She is from a large Mercantilist family, it's a norm for her and her family to arrange a marriage even there's a huge gap between age right?."

I'm actually 17, but it doesn't sound convincing on a person who looked like middle 20's here.

If it's earth, it might be illegal. But we are in another world which the human right is so limited and awareness of such things about what is immoral and morally right between two worlds is unkown.

"But Sistiene is mine and mine alone!." (Ivy)

What's this? Yuri? Didn't you know that sistiene is the sole inheritor of her family? Does you want to destroy her family? After all, No matter how much magical this world is, I highly doubted that a girl could impregnate another girl.

"This talk is pointless... I'm going back alone." (Liam)

"Cancel your engagement right now! In return, I'll give a corresponding value, is it money?." (Ivy)

I have a strong Deja Vu here... Does people of this world always think that I need money alone?

"Rejected." (Liam)

"I'll do anything! So cancel it already!." (Ivy)

Is she an idiot? I sighed.

"Ha.... I'm going to sleep." (Liam)

I returned on the town and gone to carriages to grab some stuff and move towards the inn I previously damaged.

"Welcome back." (Anne)

"Yeah? I'm going to rest and don't let anyone disturb me unless it is an urgent call." (Liam)

"Yes, what do you prefer for the dinner mister mercenary?." (Anne)

The difficult question, I'm wasting food again.

"What's on the menu?." (Liam)

"Vegetable soup, wolf meat, boar steak, cuckoos sucklings........... and bread." (Anne)

That's actually too diverse. But one of those are cuckoo's? Isn't they are bit too small to be a delicacy?

"Vegetable soup, bread and wolf meat please, just deliver it on my room."(Liam)

"I'll began preparing it now then but umm how about the enemies out there?..." (Anne)

"They've been slaughtered by the hero, so rest assured no one will going to harm the people here." (Liam)

I entered my room, and gone in sleep mode.

Liam's territories

Once again, I'm back to my territories. Nothing fruitful happened since the attack of noel.... Other than the factories, culture labs, and farms I've established for trading purposes.

Fufu, the power of science.

"Yow, Noel." (Liam)

"Don't disturb me." (Noel)

"Come on, you've been playing for 18 hours straight." (Liam)

It's been few days since Noel come aboard my territory. She seems starving for entertainment, so I tried to domesticate her with video games.

"Just wait for another day and don't pester me! I've been grinding levels here, I still needed 7 million power and 50 more levels to fight the boss." (Noel)

She's currently playing an RPG game, an ironical one, a game that needed to defeat the final boss, a dragon-like creature which actually same species as Noel.

"How could I get a legendary gear?!." (Noel)

"P2W." (Liam)

"P2W? What's that?." (Noel)

"Cheating, but It would destroy the challenging premise of the game if you resorted on it." (Liam)

Not actually cheating, while it made the player stronger and turned the game a lot easier for them but it impaired and unbalanced the game, due to the stats difference between F2P and P2W players.

"I see that would be boring... So I'll pass then." (Noel)

"Does you already finished your assigned work?." (Liam)

"Later." (Noel)

"I would like to suggest to kick her out administrator." (Serene)

"Serene?." (Liam)

My custom made android joined the discussion.

"She refused unilaterally for 7 times and slumping there and doing nothing productive, she is useless in my perspective." (Serene)

"Huh? Hey Noel stand-up now." (Liam)

I'm not really conscious on what happening here as I preferred to have only one consciousness. Though I'm still checking this place time to time.

"Maybe later."(Noel)

"Now—." (Liam)

Serene interrupted my talk.... Hey I am your admin here.

"You said that for 7 times already." (Serene)

"Annoying doll shut up." (Noel)

She was displeased at Serene. Man, she becomes a game addict. It's my fault. I shouldn't domesticated her with games....

"Okay, I'll shutdown the game if you don't work here." (Liam)

"Shut? What?." (Noel)

She ain't familiar with the word shutdown huh?

"In simple terms, you can't play." (Liam)

"You can't do that!." (Noel)

"I can of course, so go and work already." (Liam)

"Ehhh!!! You're a bully! If I leave it, my game will disappear!." (Noel)

"Go save it and leave already!." (Liam)

"Save? Is there such a convenient way in this gaming PC? I thought you need to finish the game before leaving it?." (Noel)

Wait what? What the hell did she just said?

"Are you an idiot? That's a game which you need to spend 3 or 4 months before completing it! Even if you are P2W player you'll need at least 2 weeks in order to clear that! Are you insane sitting and playing for 2 weeks nonstop?!." (Liam)

"Huh? I'm an ancient dragon, so I'm pretty tough you know? I don't even need to eat or sleep." (Noel)

I forgotten, she ain't a human damnit. She is really an idiot, an idiotic dragon.

"Okay, I save it for you and began transmuting the garbages we collected." (Liam)

"It won't disappear right?." (Noel)

"No." (Liam)

"That reassuring... Fufu." (Noel)

She booms in smile, she's fairly beautiful but her Idiotic tendencies is  shaving all of her good points.

"Hey why don't you go with me exploring this world?." (Liam)

It might be a good exercise for her. And also to reduced her gaming addiction, she should still be  redeemable, it's still a single game so it ain't penetrating on her so much.

"Exploring? What's the interesting on that?." (Noel)

"Sightseeing and stuff." (Liam)

"That's boring, i prefer to stay in the moon or your territories than to go outside." (Noel)

As expected of a certified shut in.... She ain't want to be bath in sunlight and learn the fun of adventuring.

"Hmm? Meeting people then?." (Liam)

"Huh? Why would I meddle on troublesome affairs of mortals here?." (Noel)

What the hell your talking about?

"Mortals? I think dragons have a lifespan too, right?." (Liam)

"We, ancient dragons could live for millions of years and for your information, the oldest recorded is 140 million years old, Ancient Poison Dragon Ander." (Noel)

"I see... The dimension is ridiculous." (Liam)

I think the dinosaurs come extinct 65 million years ago. It's twice the older of the extinction of that era.

"Because of that, we ancient dragons becomes individualistic. We don't want to see our kin or friends dying in the very front of our eyes, one of the reason why we don't want to be intimate with the mortals such as humans, a hundred of years is like a yesterday on us after all." (Noel)

"I see...." (Liam)

I think I'll do the same, it's painful to see the people you made friend or family with, dying because of the old age. I am a machine, so technically making me as near immortal too.... As long as my processor aren't destroyed or anything.

"What about you? Does you have a lifespan? It's not that I care." (Noel)

"We have probably the same lifespan so don't worry." (Liam)

"Eh?." (Noel)

"Don't 'eh' me, I have a very long lifespan too." (Liam)

I think I could run for another 200 years without any maintenance. After all, auto self repair with nano tech will help me a lot.

Still 100 million years? I think I might survive for at least ten thousand years, any more than that would be a total miracle, unless I have a technological break though which allowed me to operate for eternity.

"It's lonely?." (Liam)

"....." (Noel)

Bullseye?

"If you finished your task here, you could play again and you won't be bored as long as I am here." (Liam)

"Heh." (Noel)

"What's with that face?." (Liam)

She grinned at me.

"Nothing, where's the garbages? I'll finish it in no time." (Noel)

"So take care, don't push yourself too much, I'll check you later." (Liam)

"Got it." (Noel)

"Serene, your new task have been updated." (Liam)

"Yes, Once the resource acquisition have been completed, I'll depart shortly." (Serene)

"Good." (Liam)

Then I commander back my spartan in the town of Palt.

Roks inn

"Umm? What the hell are you doing?." (Liam)

When I back online in Palt, I saw a suspicious man grabbing my stuff.

"Okay? A robber I guess?." (Liam)

He Immediately began to run away, as if I let you.

Before he could reach the door, I caught him and slammed his head on floor.

"That's a rude manner to wake up people here while you're stealing their stuffs you know." (Liam)

"What's happening!." (Anne)

Perhaps surprised by the ruckus, the employee of the inn hurriedly gone toward me.

"A pest who are doing unnecessary, so I grab him and slammed on the floor, do you know him?." (Liam)

"No." (Anne)

"I see." (Liam)

That's suspicious that you didn't know this guy and yet he is inside my room and stealing my stuff.

"Mercenary Liam!." (?)

Someone shouting my name again? What's wrong with these people.

"I'll gone for a walk." (Liam)

"Y-yes.... The dinner will be finished an hour from now." (Anne)

"Good to hear." (Liam)

I dragged the robber while going out and then I saw a familiar face, the messenger with Jade colored knights.

"Umm? What now?." (Liam)

"You're being invited by our honored client." (Messenger dude)

"Once again?." (Liam)

"Yes, once again but would you mind.... Introduce us to that person?." (Messenger dude)

"A robber, so I dragged him here to handover to some vigilante group here." (Liam)

"Please handover him to these people." (Messenger dude)

I gave the unfortunate robber and walk towards Sistiene's suite once again.

Upon entering, I was surprised.

"Why you didn't heed on our calls earlier!." (Sistiene)

"Hmm? Why so angry?." (Liam)

"You idiot! my father will go in Olandia 3 days later!." (Sistiene)

That's sounds bad .... Very very bad.

"Should we cancel if not delay the announcement?." (Liam)

I haven't any accomplishment, so I would probably be treated as thrash once I meet the father of sistiene.

"We should announce it more earlier than plan!." (Sistiene)

"Huh! Are you an idiot!." (Liam)

Why so quick on doing this fraud things.

"Because one of my ardent suitors are accompanying my father! You fool! Those pest will probably going to set me up for a proposal!." (Sistiene)

"I think if there's no mutual agreement, it won't set sail right?." (Liam)

I mean, even if the other party declared that he was engaged with Sistiene, without any approval from her father and herself, it won't sail as ship at all.

"That pest is a son of an Archduke in Union! I can't carelessly reject or pick a fight with another family not only that, he belongs to one of the most powerful unaffiliated family, I don't want to antagonize his family or made themselves join those shitty secessionist factions!." (Sistiene)

"Won't he better spouse for you? I mean an Archduke right?." (Liam)

"Are you stupid? I'm going to marry to the only man I love! I don't plan to marrying some Playboy and perverted narcissist like him!." (Sistiene)

"So you want to monopolize your husband's love alone?." (Liam)

"Yeah!." (Sistiene)

"Finally, a normal person—." (Liam)

Many of the people here are too abnormal after all.

"Did you say something?." (Sistiene)

"Nothing." (Liam)

I finished my stuff and began discussing our strategy about this narcissistic suitor of Sistiene.

_______________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...