The Cult [h.s]

By drippy_n_crazy

| Spy Sci-Fi | We do everything to forget our past, don't we? But when the line between past and present blur... More

trailer
introduction
~one~
~two~
~three~
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five~
~twenty six~
~twenty seven~
~twenty nine~
~thirty~
~thirty one~
~thirty two~
~thirty three~
~thirty four~
~thirty five~
~thirty six~
~thirty seven~
~thirty eight~

~twenty eight~

445 19 123
By drippy_n_crazy

 "And when I see you
Then I just start to smile
And I get this feeling
That you are truly mine
Whenever you are by my side
Then suddenly it all feels right, so right"

~You make me happy, My Sun and Stars

Alena's POV

After a long time I wake up on time in the morning at around 8 am. It's been so long since I have done everything systematically and organised on time.

I don't feel depressed anymore. I feel at most lively.

I wake up early and have a nice bath. And for the first time in days I feel completely clean without any remains of my assault. It feels nice to be me again.

I get dressed in my casual clothes, bright and flowery. For the past few days I had been wearing dark clothes which I never wore, that were kept in the corner of my closet. They are made for depressed times.

And I think it's time for the depressed times to be over.

For the first part of the day, I just clean my room and myself. I put on some song on the vinyl, it plays in the background as I move around my room picking up stuff.

I open the blinds fully and let sunlight fall into my room. It's like light entering my room for the first time after the dark ages.

After vacuuming the whole room I go downstairs to vacuum the kitchen where I meet Angana biting on some chips while typing on her laptop urgently.

"Hey," I greet her.

She looks up from her laptop and says with a mouthful of chips, "oh hi." She watches me eyeing at the chips suspiciously and then looks down at her chips and then at me. "I am not gonna share these with you if you think."

I laugh, throwing my head back. "Don't worry about it, I will take it on my own." And with that I walk towards her and snatch the packet of chips away from her hand and walk away.

I take a bite of a chip and my eyes widen at the taste. "No way. Barbeque?" I glare at her and ask.

She shrugs and says, "yeah." I roll my eyes. I pull a stool and sit down on it, biting on my chips.

"You got my favourite flavour and didn't even had the courtesy to give it to me?" I raise my eyebrows at her. Barbecue in the house and I don't even know about it? I feel so offended right now. 

She rolls her eyes this time, shuts her laptop and stands up.

"Well it was right here on the counter the whole time and you didn't take it earlier so I did." She gives me her attitude, shrugging her shoulders.

"You-" I glare at her while biting on my favourite barbeque flavoured chips.

I know she does these things to piss me off. We always used to eat each other's favourite snacks all the time when we were kids, we still do. Then we would get angry at each other and start scratching our nails on the other person's skin, drawing blood. Then one of us would start crying, mostly me and then Angana would get scolded cause she made me cry.

I smile at this small memory of us. How the times change.

I eat the chips while she drinks a carton of milk. It's 12 in the afternoon now and who the hell drinks milk at this time of the day?

I hate milk.

That's exactly what I always say, me and Angana are similar in many ways like we look similar and have the same last name but that's it. Our differences are much more than our similarities. We are two different personas in the same body. We can be said to be twins by our looks but we don't act like twins at all. But I love her with all I have in me. She is the most important person in this world for me, always will be.

I get up from my seat and throw the chips packet in the trash and continue doing what I came to do in the kitchen in the first place, to vacuum it. I start cleaning again while Angana collects her laptop from the table and starts walking away.

"Oh and I was thinking we could go for our Saturday spree today." She turns around from being under the stairs and says.

I look up at her from vacuuming a spot and just stare at her.

Is she suggesting me to get out of the house?

I mean I am good now, my normal self is again awakening but am I ready to go out and get surrounded by many people?

Of course after the assault I am now more anxious to be around a lot of people. I am going to be more cautious of people around me.

I am also gonna make sure that I don't get too drunk like last time and lose my sanity. I better be aware of what I am doing and who I am surrounded with. I don't want to get trapped in situations like those ever again in my life. It's life threatening and I can't cry anymore.

I have been wondering that if I wasn't so drunk out of my mind would I have been able to save myself or at least defend myself? I guess I could've if I was a little less tipsy or sober. My combat abilities isn't that swift but at least I would have done something to free myself from the hold.

I could have surely had a good grip on the taser and could have used it. But sadly I couldn't and things got scarier after that.

I have read that this anxiety only gets worse. But I have also read in articles that if I put myself out there more then I might not get more anxious anymore. I need to get out of this fear of mine.

In these past few days I have been doing research on anxiety and assault recovery stuff and got quite a few things but of course the articles can be a piece of bullshit but if we see it practically, it can actually work. To get over my fear I should get out more and live in the midst of my fear so that I don't fear it anymore. 

Surrounded by your fear makes you immune to it.

And well it's been what? A week of me inside this house. I need to get out of this house one day and maybe that day can be today.

It's just the mall anyway, it's not like I am going for work.

"Okay," I say somewhat enthusiastically as she waits for me to answer.

She grins at me and says, "Okay then at 6. I am going to headquarters now."

I nod and say, "that sounds good. Have a good day." I smile.

"That I will," she replies and I roll my eyes. She climbs up the stairs and I return back to my work as I clean the kitchen further. After vacuuming, I clean the countertops even though they are already clean.

I think I just like cleaning a lot when I am stressed, call it a nervousness trait.

I don't know, call it philosophical or something like that. This is gonna sound crazy but when our mind is full of stress or when we are overthinking and there's a lot of clutter in our minds from work or in general from life which are unorganised, which we are trying to get rid off. No matter how much we try to relax, it always circles in our minds and we can't get rid of them. Then at that time we try to keep our surroundings clean or tidy. It's like our body and mind work that way.

It's sort of metaphorical, like if we clean the outer then maybe our inner selves also get cleaned with it.

This whole thing reminds me that my mom always used to make me clean the dishes. She used to say that if we clean the dishes ourself, our mind also gets cleaned with it. I used to find that explanation useless and thought back then that she used to say that so that I do some work but when I grew older I found out that it's true, it's like cleansing your inner self. It's like getting rid of the dirt in our mind. After that I took upon a liking on cleaning everything around me.

She was so wise.

After I finish cleaning the kitchen I eat some fruits just so I have something in my stomach and then go back to my room. I read a book for an hour maybe then plop myself on my bed to take a nap so that after waking up I can go out in a fresh mood.

***

Waking up has become easy now, it's like my body has an automatic alarm in it and I wake up exactly when I am supposed to.

I wake up an hour prior to going out to the mall. I wash my face and just stare at my face for a complete five minutes. My face looks fresh and my hair is in a good mood today. When my hair is good, I just know that my day is gonna be best.

I grip my hands on the edge of the sink counter and just look at myself in the mirror.

Am I seriously about to do this?

Am I scared? A little bit. But should it bother me? Not much.

I just chant repeatedly in my head, 'I can do this. I need to get out more. Be myself more. It's easy'.

I look at myself one last time and then huff a breathe. I get out of the bathroom and walk to my closet to wear something. I search effortlessly through the hangers to find something suitable to wear. Summer is approaching soon and it's definitely hot outside but well in the evening the heat is little less and I am gonna stay inside the mall the whole time so heat wouldn't matter much.

My hands go towards a sleeveless shirt but I retract it quickly and go for a long sleeved one instead. I frown as my own thoughts interrupt me.

Deep down I know that I chose to wear a long sleeved outfit not because it would be cold out there but because I am still scared of eyes watching me, my body. I am scared to reveal so much part of my body even though it's just the arms. These are the exact reasons why I don't wear dresses anymore.

I finally decide to wear a long sleeved red patterned kurta with jeans. It's simple, traditional and fits perfectly. I haven't worn it in years so it sort of surprises me that it still fits me fine. I pair it up with metallic hanging earrings.  My ears would hurt for sure but who cares.

I check on the wall clock that it's almost 5:30 now so I need to get ready quickly. I keep my makeup minimal as always, putting on some sunscreen and lip balm. I press my lips together to apply equally on both the lips.

I pick up my sling bag and phone from the study table. Before exiting the room I slip on my shoes, turn off the lights and then walk down the stairs. While drinking some water in the kitchen, I quickly text Angana.

Me: i am leaving for the mall right now.

She doesn't respond. Maybe she is in the car or something. She often uses her phone during driving so I have strictly told her not to and once gave her a whole lecture on the consequences that might happen if she continues doing that. Maybe she listened to my words finally and stopped using her phone in the car.

I shove my phone in my jeans pocket and walk towards the door. I look at the door knob for two minutes, my hands sweating vigorously.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I can do this.

My hands wrap around the knob and I slowly open it, my eyes shut the entire time. My heart thumping against my chest wildly. I breath in and breathe out.

As I open the door fully, air hits my face and I open my eyes. It feels like I am getting out of the house for the first time in my life even though it has only been a week.

I feel like Rapunzel, the time when she was trapped in the tower for eighteen years and then one day went out to see the world.

I take a deep breath and slowly walk down the porch steps towards my car in the garage. I look at the streets around, it all looks the same but still different. There is still sun up in the sky but it is slowly setting down giving the sky a mixture of orange and blue.

I get inside my car and rest my head against the seat. Damn, I missed my car. I put on the seat belt and turn on the engine and start driving towards the mall.

Radio plays lowly in the background as I look at the streets on my sides as they go while I drive in my car. They are the same streets I used to go through everyday, bright lights in front of the shops in the darkened night. People walking up on the pedestals, talking with their friends or family happily.

Saturday is never just a normal day in Seattle, it's the beginning of the weekend so everyone has their own plans to spend with their loved ones in the happiest ways possible.

I reach the mall and park my car in the parking lot after finding a vacant space to park in as all the places are full for the weekend.

I get inside the mall and as expected it is full of people. It is crowded. Friends and families entering and exiting the stores, with shopping bags. Kids jumping and laughing as they go to the toy stores. People in love kiss each other as they walk together hand in hand into some store.

Everything is so lively.

This world feels so happy.

I smile to myself as I look at everyone in joy and enjoying themselves. It lightens up my mood more and I feel good.

I go to the second floor as I always do whenever me and Angana come for shopping sprees. It's our meeting place. I stand by the glass railing and take out my phone. I frown as I see that it's now 6:10 and there is yet no response from Angana. It has shown that she has read the text. If she has then why didn't she reply back?

I walk down the tiled floors for a couple of more minutes, looking at the stores and the mannequins on display.

Where the hell is she?

Did she ditch me? Really?

I stand by the glass railing again and take out my phone to text her.

Me: where the hell-

My text gets midway abrupted as I feel chilly cold air heating my earlobe and neck.

"Missed me?" Someone says directly in my ear and I shiver.

"Oh my god what the f-" I quickly turn around with my hands now on my chest, breathing deeply. My eyes widen at what my eyes were seeing.

There he stands, perfectly fine and handsome looking as always, Harry fucking Styles.

He looks at me with an amused expression and I look back at him with probably the same expression plus a look of surprise surely evident on my face.

His eyes slowly trail down my body and then back up, meeting my eyes with his beautiful emerald ones. I stand there completely stunned, not having any words to speak.

It feels like I can't speak right now so I just look at him. He is wearing a brown flannel with black jeans. He looks more tanner, more gorgeous and more edible. Well maybe he looks the same and it's me who hasn't seen him for a very long time and have forgotten how he looks.

But I can't really forget the looks of a gorgeous person like him now can I? I daydream about him all the time. Sorry, I wasn't supposed to say that.

The phone in my hand vibrates and I look down at it. It's a text from Angana.

I open the text quickly, cutting my eyes from racking down Harry's body and see the text.

Cruella de vil: is he there yet?

He who?

It takes me a few seconds to understand and reciprocate her text but when my mind finally rings, I understand. She fucking tricked me.

I press my lips together and type on my phone.

Me: you bitch you tricked me.

It takes her just a few seconds to respond back this time.

Cruella de vil: haha thank me later.

I roll my eyes at this and look at Harry still standing in front of me through my eyelashes.

Shit, he is staring at me.

I quickly shove my phone back in my butt pocket and look at him fully to find some words to say to him since I have been mute the whole time.

"Harry, hi," I say as I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

He gives me a wide grin which I would like to call a million dollar smile and runs a hand through his curls.

"Hi sunshine," he greets me with a sly smirk which instantly makes me roll my eyes. I don't know why he calls me that but I can't argue that I don't like it.

I stand by the glass railings and fold my hands in front of my chest and say, "what are you doing here Harry?"

He puts his arm on the railing, crosses his ankles and faces me fully. He keeps that arrogant smirk of his on his face and replies, "had some work to do."

I don't believe him one bit. Work in a mall? Does he thinks I am stupid or what?

"Which is?" Now I have a smirk on my face as I challenge him to think of the best excuse he can probably muster up on the spot.

"Private stuff." He shrugs and says effortlessly.

I roll my eyes.

"And what are you doing here Alena?" He asks me.

Oh so we are doing this now? Okay then, we will have it his way.

"Just private stuff," I say, pressing my lips together to stop from laughing as I mock him with his same answer. Harry's smirk widens and he folds his hands in front of his chest copying my position.

He chews his chewing gum and I watch his jaw getting sharper. God, that is so sexy. His Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"You got ditched didn't you?" He asks, cocking his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and say, "no... "

"Oh come on," he persuades, giving me his smug look.

"Wouldn't you want to know," I mutter under my breath and turn around to do some shopping or at least some sightseeing. I am okay with doing window shopping too. Not the best choice though but still.

As I continue walking, I hear Harry's rushed footsteps. I know he is following me. I don't turn around to see him because I knew he would follow me.

"Hey, wait where you going?" He yells from behind me as he catches up to me and now stands in front of me.

"To do some shopping. Duh," I say simply as if that's the obvious answer to his ridiculous question.

He rolls his eyes at this and he looks so adorable when he does that. "Alone?"

I arch my eyebrows at his question. "I mean yeah obviously. Now that Angana isn't coming, I have to do it alone."

"Then why am I here for?" He smirks.

"I don't know. You tell me." I give him a confused expression even though I know why he is here. But I just want to hear it from him. For him to accept something for the first time in his life.

I look at him with an amused expression as he thinks for a few seconds to give me his proper reasoning. He runs a hand through his hair and then makes eye contact with me.

His lips curve upwards to form his arrogant smirk and he says, "if you are insisting on me so much sunshine, then maybe I can spare some time of mine to come with you to do your shopping and all."

Okay but what the fuck?

My jaw is obviously on the floor. God this man. He drives me insane.

"First of all, I didn't give you permission to come with me and second of all... wait there is no second of all but that doesn't matter okay." I cross my hands and tell him.

He just looks at my frustrated state and hides the fact that he wants to laugh at me.

"Oh come on, you know you want me to come with you. You were practically begging for it a few seconds ago," he says in an effortless mocking tone and my eyes widen at his words.

If that isn't an indirect sexual inneundo then I don't know what it is. He surely did the double meaning thing.

My face is obviously showing a shocked expression because Harry bursts out laughing with his eyes scrunching up and forming crevices on the side. And it's the first time in days that I heard him laugh. I didn't know I missed it so much until I heard it right in front of me.

"You have a very, very dirty mind Alena." Harry laughs at me. Pointing his forefinger at me and I roll my eyes.

I bite my lip to stop from smiling because I am already feeling better by being in his company. He is lightening me up and it feels good to be normal again with someone.

"Oh, so now I have a dirty mind and you have the most innocent mind don't you?" I give him a sweet smile and he keeps chuckling.

Harry takes a step towards me and I almost stop breathing. We haven't been this close since our hug. The hug that was the best in the entire universe.

He tilts his head down a little to look at me and then slowly takes my hands in his. Electricity flows into my body and every nerve ending gets set on fire. He looks at my face to find any discomfort or hesitation but I give him none. I want this. I want him.

He entwines our hands together, his cold rings gliding against my skin. He looks down at me in little hesitance and his voice sounds a little afraid when he says, "is it okay if I am here with you right?" 

I understand. He is asking me for a confirmation or a reassurance that I am comfortable around him. My heart swells by his behaviour of making sure I am okay with everything.

The Harry I thought I knew would have never asked me. He would have directly assume that I am okay with him being here. But truly I like him being here with me. 

"I trust you, Harry." I whisper so that only he can hear it. I give him the assurance he needs. 

The expression on his face by my response is something which I can't make out. Maybe he wasn't expecting me to say that. He flicks his eyes from my one eye to another to figure out the lies in my statement but there is none cause I trust him.

I have always had a lot of trust issues along with many other different issues. It has always been difficult for me to mix up with people. I am not very open. I am a very very private person. And no one except maybe two people know about my inner feelings. I don't give my trust easily to anyone. 

But when it comes to Harry, all my issues are thrown out of the window.

His lips lift up into a glorious smile, popping up a dimple. He gives a small nod and says, "come on now we have some shopping to do." And starts tugging me forward to walk with him.

I look up at him and smile at his childish behaviour which doesn't match his posture at all. This man makes me swoon.

We start walking down the rows of shops lined up on the side. Every shop is so packed up that I have to look at every shop from outside to see if we can go in.

I have no idea why Harry wants to spend time with me but if he wants to shop with me then I don't think I mind being with him at all.

"Oh look there is a 50% discount sale going on there. Let's go," I say and tug Harry with me into one of the shops where it is very much crowded which is obviously expected because of the sale.

Harry looks at me ridiculously and says, "Alena we earn an amount with which we can buy all the stores on this floor and you want to buy from sale?"

I give him a bored look. Men don't understand this do they?

"It's sale Harry." I emphasis the word 'sale' and point at the poster stuck in the front of the store.

He looks at the poster and then back at me with a confused look on his beautiful face. "Yes I can see that. So?"

I facepalm myself and shake my head in fake disappointment. "So we are gonna get stuff at cheaper rates."

He rolls his eyes on this. "I know what a sale means. Why are we here?"

I get irritated a bit by his ridiculously useless questions. "For god sake, Harry, we are here to shop. Women love discounts so we will shop here. I don't know what you guys do. If you want to come in with me you can or else wait outside till I am done. You are not obligated to stay here with me," I rant out sternly and watch his face go wide for a second.

I instantly regret snapping at him so I apologise as quickly, "sorry." He just looks at me with a soft expression.

"If you like it so much then I guess I have to go in with you now." He smirks at me.

I tighten my hands around him and start pulling him inside the hellhole of a store. "Then what are we waiting for let's go. I will give you your first ever experience in sales."

Harry laughs at my words and walks in with me into the store.

And hell it's even crowder than it looked from outside. All the clothes are kept on racks and some are hung up. Probably this is a winter clearance sale. And I love sales. We just get a variety of different items at one place at a cheaper rate than their original price.

"Holy shit." I hear Harry gasp from behind me. I turn around to see him looking at the whole scene in front of us. I laugh at his reaction. He looks at me and whisper yells, "what did you drag me into Alena?"

"Welcome to the place close to paradise for a woman in this entire world." I laugh at him and he rolls his eyes. "You will get bored here so you can go and stand there with those other men there who are watching their women go ballistic." I laugh and Harry laughs along.

He looks at me with a serious expression and says, "I am not leaving you alone in this crowd. You will get lost in here."

I roll my eyes at him and at his overly weirdly protective nature. "It's not my first time in the crowds, Harry," I tell him seriously.

"But it's going to be your last." He declares and I refrain myself from rolling my eyes again as it's starting to hurt me.

"Fine." I mutter, gritting my teeth together and start walking to one of the racks where women are snatching clothes from each other to get the best one.

The best thing I like about all this is that you never get anything of your size or choice in here so you have to suffice with whatever is left over. And there is always one piece of one clothing so it's not like someone else would have the same shirt as I have.

I pick up some good looking crop tops which I hope will fit me fine if I lose some weight this summer. But I am too lazy to work out so I also pick up some loose striped flannels.

I go from rack to rack searching for whatever I can get nearest to my size and Harry follows me everywhere I go. It's like he is breathing down my neck, not even leaving me out of his sight for even a single minute.

I think I get why he is doing this and why he is being so protective of me. He thinks that it's his fault that I could have possibly get raped. He said that if he had kept an eye on me the whole time then nothing would have happened.

But little does he know that you can never stop the inevitable from happening.

Probably he is still worried that if I go out of his sight, something bad would happen to me. Thinking about this is making me feel warm and safe and the fact that he genuinely cares about me.

I pick up some jackets and a few scarves for the season and move around to look at other things. I turn my head around just a bit to look at harry. He is squeezed in between the racks of clothes and the amount of people in here. He looks extremely done with all this and I want to laugh at him.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrows then he looks at the clothes resting on my arm. As there weren't many shopping baskets to keep my clothes in, now I have to carry them on my arm.

An amazing idea pops in my mind and I smirk at the idea. I take a step towards Harry and he looks at me confused. I shove the clothes from my hand into his and step back.

He looks at the clothes now in his hand and mutters, "what the fuck?"

I smirk at him and reply, "you were the one who wanted to come shopping with me so now let me do the shopping and you can hold the clothes."

He rolls his eyes at my words but doesn't resist the idea. I smile wide in victory and take his other hand in mine which doesn't have clothes and start dragging him with me towards the menswear section.

Compared to the women wear section, men's wear is way too less crowded which says the fact that men don't care if there is a sale or not.

Harry looks at the board of menswear and then raises his eyebrows at me. "What are we doing here?"

I look down at the floor and a small smile erupts on my face or maybe that is shyness I don't fucking know.

"Umh- I thought maybe you would like to buy something." I ask nervously, chewing on my lips.

He looks at me incredulously as if I have just said the worst idea in the world. I mean I know Harry wears way too much expensive clothes, I can tell it from the texture and smell. And cheap sale clothes isn't really his style even though his name is Harry Styles.

God, Alena, shut up.

"Hell no," he says quickly.

A frown forms on my lips and I pout a little and he rolls his eyes. "Oh common. Shopping for yourself will lighten up your mood. We can turn your angry bad guy look into happy lover guy look."

He raises his eyebrows and chuckles, shaking his head at my example and it makes me smile lightly.

"So will you?" I ask him again, fluttering my eyelashes at him.

"No." His answer is sharp and straight and I sigh and give up already. He is so fucking stubborn.

"Meanie," I call him. He looks at my reaction and laughs at me which makes me hit his arm. "Stop laughing." I snap to him sternly. He rolls his lips into his mouth and I continue saying, pointing my finger at him. "Remember that one day will come when we will do your shopping."

"Yes ma'am." He stifles a laugh and I give a satisfied nod.

"Okay then let's go," I say and try to take my clothes from his hand but he lifts his hand up, not letting me reach till them.

He looks at my struggle at reaching them as he lifts his hands just higher and higher. "I am taking them."

"Fine." I grit my teeth and say. While he brings his hands down, a cloth falls down on the ground and I roll my eyes. "Clumsy." I whisper up to him and crouch down to pick it up.

I get on my knees and pick up the shirt. I look up at Harry from this position and Jesus Christ, he looks so intimidating from down here. He is peering down at me and I just realised that this is a very compromising position I am in, crouched down in front of him.

It's way too intimate and my body buzzes with want.

His pupils slowly dilate looking down at me and suddenly it feels like it's just the two of us alone in this room. The room gets warmer and the current flowing between us is suddenly very sexual.

We maintain a steady eye contact for a minute and then I couldn't do it anymore so I get up slowly and place the shirt back on his hand. When my hand makes contact with his, goosebumps erupt all over my skin including the hair on the back of my neck.

I visibly shiver and he smirks. I ignore him and start walking towards the cash counter which is crowder than the store. Harry follows behind me. He is being an asshole-ic gentleman today which probably matches his personality.

God that was so sexual. It makes me think about doing so many bad things to him.

We stand in line for about fifteen minutes until it is my turn to pay for my clothes. Harry has been awfully quiet for the whole time when we are waiting in the line so I turn around to look at him. But he just stands directly behind me, covering me up.

"If you're bored you can wait outside. I will pay for these and come to you," I say to him.

He looks down at me and arches his eyebrows. "I am paying for them." He gestures towards my clothes in his hand.

This time I raise my eyebrows at him and cross my hands in front of my chest. "No you aren't. They are mine and I have every right to pay for them."

"I don't care." He side-eyes me. I just get irritated by his stubbornness.

"You don't have to show your toxic male trait and pay for my stuff. I am an independent woman who is worthy enough to buy herself anything with her own money." I stand my ground and tell him. He rolls his eyes.

"I never said you weren't worthy enough," he sighs and says.

The line moves further and now it is my turn to pay. Harry dumps all my clothes on the counter and the cashier scans them all. I take out my credit card to quickly pay for my stuff because I don't want Harry to pay for me when I can on my own.

As I take out my card from my sling bag slowly to place it on the counter, suddenly Harry's hand gets a hold of my wrist and he twists my hand and holds it behind me on my lower back. His hold isn't tight but it is strong, making it sting a little.

I tilt my head up to look up at him. He smirks down at me as his eyes darkens and slaps his credit card on the cash counter. The girl scanning the clothes jumps a little and looks between us and then hesitantly picks up his card and swipes it.

I have my head still tilted up. And from the position that I am looking at him, I can only see his jaw line which is making a acute perfect angle. The way he is chewing his gum and the way his jaw is clenching and unclenching periodically looks like my definition of hell.

I can't deny that he is looking very hot from here, his chest pressed flush against my back. I take a long shaky breath from the way he feels on my skin.

He looks down at me and now we have only a few inches of space between our mouths and faces. He looks inverted to me and I to him. My breath gets stuck in my throat and I look at him without blinking my eyes.

He licks his lips and his eyes dart to mine and I shudder. His hand keeps mine in place on my lower back. He leans his head down a little and just a few centimetres of space is now between us. My lips part a little and I suck in air. My heart is racing feverishly and the body heat radiating from Harry to me is very overwhelming.

"Don't play smart with me," Harry says lowly, maintaining eye contact and gritting his teeth. With every one of his words, his breath hits my lips and I shiver. He lets go of my hand and takes a step back.

I look at my wrist and rub it but there are no marks or anything. I look at him incredulously and whisper, "asshole." He looks down at me and smirks.

Harry collects the shopping bag and I thank the counter girl, "thank you so much." She completely ignores me and I am okay with it though. She is busy with so many people. I start walking out of the store. I turn my head and see Harry still standing in front of the counter, glaring at the girl.

"Lets go," I tell him and he ignores me too.

"She thanked you." He seethes at the girl behind the counter and my eyes widen. What the fuck is he doing? Oh god.

The girl looks up at him and gulps. She looks so scared and intimidated by Harry. She then looks at me and I stand there embarrassed. I don't know what to do. A few heads turn towards us and I look at Harry.

I take a few steps towards him and whisper, "what are you doing? Let's go."

He looks down at me, his eyes darkened. I am not scared of him anymore. I am sort of used to it now. So I glare at him, irritated.

He looks at the girl and she hesitantly looks at me and quietly says, "have a nice day ma'am and... sir." Well thank god she decided to choose the easier way or else I don't know what Harry would have done. And I would not be able to stop him.

I look at him and he looks satisfied by her answer. And I am caught wondering what is happening. Why was doing that so important? I was okay with being ignored because that's not the first time someone has ignored me. I get that a lot. So it's not a big deal for me. But it seems like it's a big deal for Harry.

He holds the shopping bag in one hand and takes my hand in another and starts pulling me out of this crowded store. I look at our intertwined hands and sigh. His hand feels good.

After we get out of the door, I take a sigh of relief of being out of that hell hole. I snatch my hands away from Harry's and look at him annoyed. A furrow forms between his eyebrows and he looks at me with a frown on his lips.

"Do you love making a scene?" I bark at him as soon as we are away from crowd. He looks at me as if I am joking. "I am serious Harry."

"You thanked her and she ignored you." He states the obvious which I already know.

"Yeah I know and I was okay with it. You didn't have to make a scene out of it." I soften my voice and say. A pout forms on his cherry lips which melts me a little. No Alena, focus.

He quietly says, "I didn't like it."

I sigh and take his hand in mine. He genuinely looks upset but that's no excuse for him to bark at that girl behind the counter. "Look, I don't care if someone ignores me. I am used to it. So you shouldn't either."

He looks at our intertwined hands and then at my face and nods. I give him a bright smile and say, "you paid for my clothes so I am gonna pay for food and everything else we do next time okay? Don't argue with me on that cause you won't win."

"So there's gonna be another time?" His eyes sparkle with excitement and a shit eating grin takes place on his plump lips. I can't help but chuckle and roll my eyes at him. He truly does makes me roll my eyes at him every fucking second I am with him.

"Yeah if you behave." I have a smug look on my face as I tell him.

He raises his eyebrows and his lips curl up a bit. He chuckles under his breath and says, "yes ma'am." And I laugh. He holds my hand tightly and smiles wide with his dimples making a glorious appearance and says, "so shall we?"

I laugh at his formality and squeeze his hand once, "we shall."

*******

guys we need a ship name for them ahh!!! suggest some! 

what do you think about the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 13.6K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
327K 18.9K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.7M 56.4K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
154K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...