Mated to my Alpha's Rival

By prefeze

Elias Sage is the Beta of the Sage Moon Pack. He is loyal to his Alpha, his best friend, Silas Sage. He could... More

Authors Note
Character list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 ✨
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 ✨
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 ✨
Chapter 12 ✨
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 ✨
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 ✨
Chapter 23 ✨
Chapter 24 ✨
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 ✨
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 18

25.1K 996 73
By prefeze

Elias' POV

My head aches from a overwhelming headache the moment I open my eyes. Groggily, I attempt to sit up in the bed.

The curtains are slightly open, allowing sunlight to pool into the room, so I can take in my surrounds of the familiar room; which I happened to be in only days ago. I try to recall how I got to Ryder's bedroom last night, but can't seem to remember what happened after I left the bar at Silas' birthday gathering.

Goddess, I hope Silas or Kai don't know where I am right now.

My body aches as I stretch my arms and roll my shoulders. Turning my head to the left side of the bed, Ryder is nowhere to be found. I look around his room, until my eyes land on a figure sleeping on the couch on the opposite side of the room.

I can imagine how uncomfortable it must be on the couch. Ryder's legs rest on top the armrest since he's taller than the length of the couch. Concentrating, I can hear his steady and light breathing as he sleeps peacefully.

Guilt fills me as I'm the reason he's sleeping on the couch alone while I'm in his comfortable and warm king sized bed alone.

I can't help but wonder what made me come here yesterday. Did something happen between us? Are we still fighting? Is he mad at me for leaving the other day?

I hope he isn't mad at me. I don't think I'm mad at him anymore, I don't know if I ever was. I was just upset and terrified that he would mark me.

I don't know how long I stayed there, staring at Ryder. But soon enough, Ryder was tossing in his sleep uncomfortably until his eye lids flutter open, waking himself up.

Ryder looks around the room, probably taking in his surroundings, before his eyes land on me. His eye widen in shock when he realises I'm awake and already staring at him. "How long have you been awake?" He asks me in a sleepy voice, making him clear his throat.

"Um," I clear my throat as well, "not long, I just woke up," I respond making Ryder nod his head as he sits up on the couch. "How did I get here?" I ask.

"Blaze found you outside our borders while he was on patrol last night, you were smashed and asking for me so I came to get you and brought you here," he confirms. I slowly nod taking in the new information. "You passed out shortly before we got to the house, so I put you to bed."

I remember getting up from my bar last night and heading somewhere, but don't really remember coming here. I probably shouldn't of drank that much last night. Hopefully, Kai got home safely.

"You could've slept in the bed," I tell him, feeling bad that I'm the reason he didn't sleep in his own bed.

Ryder shakes his head, "I didn't- don't know if you are still mad at me, so I didn't want to risk you leaving again." My chest hurts from hearing that.

"I'm not mad at you," I whisper. "I don't think I was ever mad at you. I was just scared when you nearly marked me," I tell him.

Ryder looks at me with regretful eyes, "I shouldn't of lost control on you like that Elias, I'm so, so sorry," he apologises with regret.

"It's okay, Ryder," I forgive him genuinely.

"I'll try my absolute best to not lose control like that again with you Elias. I never want to mark you like that," he swears. "But sooner or later you're going to have to tell Silas and Kai about us, because we could possibly go into heat if we don't mark each other," Ryder tells me seriously.

I know the risks of going into heat if we don't mark one another. I've heard stories of wolves marking their other half, even if they didn't want to during heat. I know I risk both Ryder and I going into heat if I don't tell Silas soon and complete the mating bond on our own accord.

I slowly nod at Ryder, indicating that I understand. "I know, Ryder. I'll tell Silas soon, I promise. I just need time to work out how," I promise him.

"I can help you to tell him?" He suggests.

I chuckle at little at that, "it'll probably be best if you're not there when I tell him," I respond.

Ryder laughs a little which makes me smile. "Yeah, you're probably right about that. I don't know if I really want to witness a hissy fit anyways."

"Hey!" I warn him, making him laugh and put his hands up in surrender.

Ryder gets up off the couch and walks over to the bed until he's near me. "Here, I've got Gatorade and Panadol to help your headache," he informs me, while reaching towards the glass and pills on the bedside table.

"Thank you," I say gratefully, as I take the glass from him, popping the pills in my mouth and swallowing them along with the Gatorade. My head still aches, hopefully the pills will work within the next half hour. Thankfully, I don't feel nauseous though.

"You're welcome," he says softly while making eye contact with me. I glance up at him as he stands in front of me, in between my legs. My eyes slowly drift down towards his lips. He takes notice of this as he leans down towards me slowly.

My heart pounds in my chest and my breathing hitches as he comes closer to me. His head is slightly above mine, and our lips are inches apart.

Subconsciously, I tilt my head back and lean upwards, trying to feel his lips on mine. His eyes dart between my mouth and eyes, as if he was asking permission.

We haven't done anything since he nearly marked me. But all I want right now is to have him close to me, to feel him.

I move my head upwards, brushing our lips together. With this, Ryder leans down, capturing my lips with his own as gives in.

My arms wrap around his neck pulling him down, as he gets on his knees before me. We kiss each other passionately, making up for the other night.

As Ryder's large hands move down my body, I feel my phone begin to buzz in my pants pocket, making us break away from the kiss. Ryder groans a little, to which I respond with a laugh. Fishing my phone out of my pocket I read the caller name on the screen.

Tobias - fucking Silas.

I look up at Ryder who's already looking down at my phone, glaring at it, making me chuckle a little. I kiss him on the forehead gently before answering the phone, "it's like 8 in the morning," I groan.

"Yeah, and you know what else it is?" Silas responds. I try recall what he could be referring to with no luck. I look up at Ryder who just shrugs.

"Uhhh, no?" I question, confused.

I can hear Silas mumble incoherent things on the other end of the phone before he answers clearly, "it's our training session right now Elias, even Kai made it here... well physically at least," he mutters the last part.

Tobias - ahh shit, now I remember.

That's really helpful Toby.

Tobias - you're welcome. I can feel Tobias smile inside me.

"Sorry, it must've slipped my mind after last nights celebration," I make up an excuse.

Silas hums on the other end of the phone, "hm, or you just drank a little bit too much with Kai."

I groan, how the hell does he know everything. "Sorry," I chuckle before telling him I'll go to training soon.

"You better hurry, or else Kai will refuse to do anything since you're not here to suffer with him, he says," Silas informs me making me laugh. That sounds a lot like Kai.

Ryder rests his chin on my thigh and wraps his arms around me as I promise Silas I'll come soon. I run my hand through his hair as I hang up the phone.

"Don't leave," Ryder mumbles into my thigh, making me sigh gently.

I continue to brush my hand through his hair, "I wish I could Ryds," I whisper, "but you know I have to go."

Ryder sighs as well, wraps his arms tighter around me before let's me go. He lifts his head up and pecks me on the lips.

"I'll see you tonight," I tell him.

"Tonight?" He questions me.

I smile at him, "Kai is throwing Silas a birthday party at his house, practically everyone will be there," I inform him.

Ryder hums, "didn't think I would be invited to the dumb blonds birthday party," he smirks at me. I glare at him for the name that he called my Alpha.

I get up off the bed, slipping on my shoes and jacket. "When has that ever stopped you before," I state making him chuckle.

"Fair enough," he laughs. I walk up to him and kiss him on the lips, lingering there for a little. "I'll see you tonight," he tells me as we pull away from each other and I walk out his bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5M 630K 81
Book #1: The Mated Series Julian Heil, known for his intelligence and calm exterior. As the future alpha of the Black Moon Pack, he only cares about...
4.8M 167K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
171K 6.6K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
131K 5.8K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...