Imprint From Out Of Town {Sta...

By EmeraldLuna14

Derek, Scott and Stiles are visiting other packs nearby in hopes of forming alliances. They find themselves i... More

Chapter 1: Detour
Chapter 2: Forks
Chapter 3: La Push
Chapter 4: Vampire?
Chapter 5: Good and Bad
Chapter 6: What's an Imprint?
Chapter 7: Chill Out Man
Chapter 8: Sites to See
Chapter 9: Dog fight
Chapter 10: Silver Wolf
Chapter 11: Timing
Chapter 12: Imprint
Chapter 13: The decision
Chapter 14: Beach date
Chapter 15: His Mate
Chapter 16: The Cullens
Chapter 17: One more day
Chapter 18: A momentary goodbye
Chapter 19: Home sweet...
Chapter 20: Telling the sheriff
Chapter 21: Book a flight
Chapter 22: Meeting the sheriff
Chapter 23: The Hale-McCall Pack
Chapter 24: Pack trials
Chapter 25: Jackass
Chapter 26: Alone Time
Chapter 27: Freaky
Chapter 28: Christmas
Chapter 30: Sparring
Chapter 31: Battle plans
Chapter 32: A pause
Chapter 33: Multipack
Chapter 34: Anticipation
Chapter 35: Battle
Chapter 36: Jake
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: An engagement
Chapter 39: Forever with you

Chapter 29: Can't we at least have Christmas?

3.2K 112 9
By EmeraldLuna14

I closed my laptop and sighed heavily, I missed him. God, I missed him.

I took a moment to collect myself, picturing his radiant smile and contenting myself with that for now. I slipped into sweatpants and didn't bother with a shirt before heading to the kitchen. Dad was already standing at the stove, bacon sizzling deliciously. I'd smelled the scent of breakfast on the air as soon as I got up, and was practically drooling.

"Mornin' dad," I said, "Merry Christmas," I squeezed his shoulder.

"Merry Christmas, boy," he messed my hair with his mischievous grin.

We fell into the routine of preparing our biggest breakfast of the year. I was always on waffle duty, while dad stood in his place and cooked the bacon and sausage, potatoes and eggs. It didn't take long, and we did it in a peaceful silence. We simply enjoyed each others company, the scent of cooking food, and the warm coffees we nursed in our palms. It was a tranquil, happy moment that was becoming more and more rare... especially since I'd become a wolf.

The rest of the morning passed this way, reminding me why I loved Christmas so much. We opened our few gifts we had gotten for each other. A new tv for dad, and several pairs of jeans, shorts, and shoes for me. I had laughed at this, but thanked him genuinely. Creator only knows how many pairs I go through because of the loss of my temper. It's a lot.

We had been chatting quietly and enjoying the warmth of the wood stove when dad rose suddenly, grabbing a present that was hidden behind our small tree. I don't know how I'd missed it, seeing as it was nearly as big as the tree itself.

"I saved the best for last," he winked, setting it in my lap.

It was wrapped in a deep, dark blue that reminded me of the colour of the ocean on a stormy morning and tied up with a honey-gold ribbon that resembled Stiles' eyes. I smelled the scent of him on the paper. It was faded, but there. My heart leapt as I realized this must be from him. I broke into a wide smile, and my dad chuckled.

"Didn't smile like that when I gave you a gift," he teased. I snorted at him before getting back to it.

I took my time tearing the paper open to reveal a large box. When I lifted the lid, I had to shut my eyes for a moment. Stiles' scent lingered in the safety of the closed box, and god it smelled good. I missed him so much I could barely breathe. When I opened my eyes again, I smiled in amazement at the contents. Inside, there were two matching wetsuits- one my size, and one his. They were black, with colour of the giant redwoods that lived in the forest surrounding us. These were wrapped up in a beautiful, obviously hand crafted beach blanket. I picked up the piece of paper that fell from between its folds. "My moon, for future private beach dates to watch the sun rise and set. Love, Mieczyslaw."

My dad wolf whistled when he caught sight of the expensive, neoprene suits.

"That boys gonna spoil you," he observed, and I couldn't help my cheeks warming a bit. This gift was one of the most expensive I'd ever received.

       🐾          🌲           👣           🌲            🐾

We heralded our arrival with shouts and hoots of excitement as we broke the tree line into the yard of the Cullen's. We could hear that Billy, Sue and Charlie were already inside.

"What's going on?" I heard Charlie ask in alarm, rising from his seat and looking out the windows. His eyebrows rose at the sight of the us coming up the steps.

"Merry Christmas!" Sam greeted, the first one in the door. He stepped aside so the rest of us could file in, all laden with trays of goodies that Emily had made and sporting happy smiles.

Merry Christmas's were exchanged around the room, but Charlie's dumbfounded expression didn't change. It was kind of funny seeing the look of utter bewilderment on his face.

"What are you boys doing here?" He wondered, frowning.

"You spend Christmas with family, chief," Sam shrugged with a smile. I bet Jake was dancing in excitement somewhere, hearing Sam call the Cullen's family. But I wouldn't be the one to deny that that's what they were.

"But- but you... and they-," Charlie sputtered, probably thinking back to all of the times we'd expressed our hatred for the Cullens. "Aw hell! Forget it. Merry Christmas!" He chuckled.

Sam shook his hand with a smile and a nod before making his way to the kitchen where he knew Esme and Sue would be, and the rest of us were on his heels. Esme might be a vampire, but her motherly nature made it difficult to remember and easy to forget. Her hugs were like a cure, warm despite her ice cold skin. I'd take one any day of the week. She was the only one that could give hugs like my mother used to. Soft but firm, warm and comforting, and filled with so much love and kindness it was nearly overwhelming.

Seth got to her first, the little shit. We all pretended we weren't lining up for our turn like a bunch of kindergarteners... but we totally were. And when she caught sight of me next, she gave me a kind, sympathetic smile. She wrapped her thin arms around me the best she could. And I felt better almost instantly.

"How is he?" She murmured into my shoulder.

"We face timed this morning, he's like a kid on Christmas morning- literally," I laughed, and then sighed. "I miss him."

"I know sweetheart, but you'll see him soon enough," Esme reassured with a pat on the back and another squeeze before she released me.

I wandered toward Emmett, leaning against the couch behind him.

"Hey," Emmett didn't even look up, just held his fist up for me to bump. I did, and then focused on the tv in front of us.

"Like your present?" Emmett smirked. This had my attention as I frowned down at him in confusion.

My present? What the hell was he...?

"Oh you sly bastard," I chuckled, punching him in the shoulder. He had smuggled it home after our visit to Beacon Hills.

He laughed his booming laugh that I couldn't help smiling at.

"It's pretty nice gear, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Seriously dude? How did you know what it was? It smelled like Stiles. He had to have wrapped it himself," I frowned again, before it dawned on me that this is Em I'm talking about and I rolled my eyes. "You made him tell you, didn't you?"

"Damn right! I had to get something out of it," he smirked, and I snorted at his ridiculousness.

The atmosphere in the room was downright joyous and infectious. Everyone was smiling, laughing, and munching on goodies. It was a nice change. When we were all together like this, usually it was to deal with or discuss some damn vampire or other. Just when I took a seat next to Emmett and really started to relax... I noticed Alice standing frozen with a tray of delicious squares in her hand. I made eye contact with Sam across the room and nudged Em with my elbow. She's having a vision. But we all had enough sense to keep on as if there wasn't something super weird happening, and conversations didn't pause. No one wanted to draw attention to the vampire that was standing as still as a statue.

"Vision," I murmured to Em, and he nodded solemnly. I could tell he was watching her reflection in the tv screen for any sign.

"Charlie," Em murmured back, and my eyes snapped to the police chief, who was frowning at Alice's odd behaviour.

Shit.

"Alice?" Charlie was asking in concern.

No one answered him.

"Edward?" I heard Jake ask quietly. "Edward, what is it?"

Charlie was starting to rise from his seat, worry written across his features. Okay- someone needs to say something!

"I'm fine Charlie, just zoned out for a minute there," Alice chuckled, putting on the mask of acting natural as she smiled at him.

I heaved a sigh of relief, that was close. I noticed Edward pulling Jake to the edge of the room, and made sure to listen intently. Whatever her vision was... based on the paler than normal look on Edward's face- it wasn't good.

Why am I not surprised? We were starting to relax. Can't have that now can we?

"Someone needs to get Charlie out of here," Edward whispered so only the supernaturals in the room could hear.

"On it," Sam and I responded instantly.

I rose from my seat as naturally as possible, and smiled at Sue across the room before making my way over. Her returning smile was tight, she knew something was off. She's an observant, wise woman.

"Sue- Alice had a vision. We don't know what it was yet, but it's not good. We need to get Charlie out of here," I muttered through a smile, and then let out a barely believable laugh.

"Got it," she nodded seriously, she was facing away from Charlie and so she could get away with it. She gave me a small side hug, "be careful," before making her way towards the sheriff.

"Edward," Jake demanded quietly. "What- is going on?"

"There's a newborn army. They're-," Edward broke off to take a deep breath. I gravitated back to Emmett immediately, making eye contact with him, he'd heard it too. "They're coming here. For you," Edward finished in a pained voice.

"A- a what? Why?" Jake stuttered in confusion.

"We can't even have Christmas for fuck sakes," I hissed at Emmett and his hand came down off of the back of the couch to squeeze my shoulder.

"We've got it no matter what," he whispered, and I heard an undercurrent of the Em that was always spoiling for a fight.

A fucking army. A newborn vampire army. Jasper's past came to my mind, and I looked to the vampire now. His jaw was locked and his gaze was hard. This must not be easy on him, knowing what was coming. Understanding the horror more than any of us ever really could. My head snapped around as Billy's voice rose over the others to address Charlie.

"Well, Charlie, I'm ready to go!" Billy said with finality, rolling himself towards the door.

"What?! But the boys just got here," He protested with a frown, confused at the announcement.

"Ahh- these boys are in my house every damn day. Come on- lets leave the kids to it," he waved his protest away and opened the door.

Charlie was looking longingly at the massive flat screen, which made Emmett chuckle beside me. "Next game you can come over and watch it," he promised the chief.

"That would be great!" He said excitedly, and then Sue was tugging on his hand.

"Come on Charlie, before he rolls himself down the stairs," she chuckled, gesturing to Billy. I could spot the tension in her shoulders but she was doing a great job of keeping her composure.

"Well- okay... thanks for the food Esme and Emily!" Charlie called over his shoulder.

"They'll be lots of game day treats when you visit next!" Esme smiled. Charlie's face lit up at the prospect.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" He shouted one last time before getting into the car and pulling down the driveway.

As soon as they disappeared from view, Emmett and I stood simultaneously. Neither of us could sit still it seemed, as a weird sort of excitement pumped through our veins.

The room was dead silent as everyone waited for someone to start. Of course Jake was the one to break it.

"Will someone please explain?!" He demanded loudly.

"All of the killings we've been hearing about in Seattle... Jasper suspected they were creating a newborn army. He was right... and they're coming here," Carlisle summarized the situation and Edward looked grateful not to have to explain himself.

The pack exchanged glances with each other. Okay, they're all on the same confusing page then. No one knew what the hell they were talking about. I realized they weren't there when that story was told... it was just me and Jake. We must not have thought much about it afterwards, because clearly no one had seen it in our thoughts.

"What the hell is a newborn army?" Jared finally scoffed for everyone's benefit.

"It's an army of newly created vampires," Jasper explained gravely.

"Why are they after Jake?" Sam asked, his tone serious. I moved to stand next to him, and Em was on my heels.

"We don't know," Edward gritted through his teeth. "But they were passing around his scent."

"Hang on..." Jake started to turn towards Alice. "If this is about me- how did you see it?" He asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.1K 15
After having lost her father, her uncle going back to Florida, accidentally killed a young teenage girl and having triggered the werewolf curse, but...
DARK By Charlie

Fanfiction

111K 3.6K 31
An over active teenage boy named Stiles, has always felt left out from his "pack". He was the only human. The keyword being was. Stiles was bit by a...
38.6K 1.2K 37
Completed// After the Negitsune everything was peaceful again...until when Deucalion comes back searching for the new alphas to join him..while they...
481K 9.9K 21
•Part 1 of the Pack Relations Series• [Completed] Stiles always thought he'd be pining over Lydia forever with no one noticing him, him in turn endin...