Lifeafter; The era of the Rev...

By BoundsNovel

(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious cr... More

Chapter 1: Survivor
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Rescued?
Chapter 4: End
Author notes and Comment section
Chapter 5: Rebirth
Chapter 6: New beginning
Chapter 7: Hordes
Chapter 8: Nemesis
Author note and comment section #2
Chapter 9: Memories...
Chapter 10: Redemption
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Camp Bound
Chapter 13: ???
The REAL Chapter 13: Mayor
Chapter 14: Breather.
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17: discovery...?
Authors note and comments #4
Chapter 18: disbelief
Chapter 19: Mistakes...
Chapter 20: Mayor
Chapter 21: Maniac
Chapter 22: Growth
Author note and comment section #5
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Panther...
chapter 25: New life
chapter 26: A change in era
Chapter 27; Future
Author's Note and Comment Section #6
Chapter 28: Scientia's Revelation
Chapter 29: Light in the Corolla
Chapter 30: Mother's domain.
Switching

Chapter 15: Resolve

45 4 0
By BoundsNovel

(Long chapter...I might also take a break from writing. Experience of writers block and also feeling a bit..... uhh... I just wanna be by myself for a bit I guess.......)

*************************************

My breathing was getting heavier as I growled with each long leaps I took. I was running. Running from Camp bound all the way to hope 101. I dodged the trees and rocks as I made my way to the city; ignoring the infected as they didn't cause me problems anyway. Well the normal ones didn't.

Soon enough I arrived at the entrance, The giant metal gate looming over me. My ears perked as I heard voices causing me to quickly jump into the nearest bush. Two Heavily armed survivors passed the gate discussing about the commotion that was happening around Redwood town. That would be a place I was gonna have to visit soon.

I ran all the way here cause Tougz was summoned by the mayor. And for some odd reason, I ran all the way here just to watch him.. was I a stalker or was I just worried he would rat me out....
Why did he make behave like this anyway... it was frustrating.. then again, I didn't understand what I was feeling.

   Gently I jumped over the wall and hid behind the nearest building before peeping my head out a bit to scan the area. It was crowded and busy. It was also bright so the mayor wouldn't be in his office. Now the question was where could he be?

   My left eyes glowed gently as the image of Tougz entered my mind. What was going on?
I used my left hand to cover my eyes as I concentrated on the image. It wasn't long before my point of view zoomed out as I had an Ariel view of the whole town. I nearly tripped at this. A shocking new experience from being a Revenant. This made me conclude that there was more to being a revenant than all I know.

  My breathing quickened, my hair glowing as I looked around the city before a marker appeared. It lead to the back of the mayor building. Was that where tougz was? My eyes stopped glowing and my vision returned to normal.

   "Woah...." I exclaimed as I fell back down on my butt gently. That was really surprising.
I quickly got up before jumping on the roof after activating my stolen infected ability. I jumped from building to building before I finally arrived at the mayor rooftop. It was quite large. Actually huge. I went to the edge of the roof and peaked down to see two male individuals facing each other.
One looked chubbier which made me conclude was the mayor. The other was tougz.

   My hearing senses increased a bit as my flower boomed and I slowly listened to their conversation.

    "You aren't answering my question Tougz. Explain to me what happened at the hunter base that caused even the leader to have second thoughts on our alliance." The mayor said in his crusty voice. Sounded like he had something stuck in his throat.

   Tougz seemed to have heaved a sigh as he stared at the Mayor. His dark red hair blowing back a his platinum armor shimmered gently.

   "like I say multiple times, the attack was unexpected. But also seemed coordinated. Apparently the...." his voice broke as he said that. He must have nearly said something that he would regret probably...

  "......special infected was smarter. Smart enough to coordinate attacks. I only saw the figure for a brief minutes but it looked really advanced..." he said holding his chin as the mayor heaved a small smith and crossed his arms.

   "... alright then. We will keep an eye out of this... special infected. Do you have any description of how it looks?" The mayor asked as he shook his head. A sigh of relief leaving my lips as I held the edge of the roof more.

   Looks like I was worried for nothing. But then again, he wasn't someone that was that easy to understand. There was this mystery around him. And it's probably the mystery about him that made me worry or feel weird around him.  Not that I think about it, it was never a bad feeling....

  "That reminds me...." The mayor started with as my interest was peaked yet again.   "Any news on that soulen girl that escaped 4 years ago?" He asked as I growled gently.

      "Sir... you do know she might have died within the time." Tougz said which caused me to quince a bit. He wasn't wrong but it still hurt a bit.

   "Yes....I just want to. If possible find her corpse or her as an infected and use her as a symbol to advice others. If they are bitten, they will be executed instantly." He said which didn't stop my anger.

    He wanted to use me as a trophy and as a warrant to others to be careful. What a sick bastard.
But the thing that surprised me was tougz, he slammed the wall beside him which caught both the mayor and I in surprise.

      ".....Forgive me sir but I advice you do not speak ill of her again. I do not support your methods nor do I care about your status. We could have saved her. But because of you. Shes....." He said, a hint of pain in his voice.

   Was he... worried about me? I could feel my heart beating faster a bit as I watched him leave without saying another word, leaving the mayor in shock. I moved further up the roof and thought of what he said. It made me feel warm; a smile creeping up a bit. What was this feeling called again... satisfaction...? No... probably not that.

   Shaking my head, I made my way back to the entrance of the building before jumping out from the siding and quickly jumping into the safety of the bushes.
Next I made my way towards the camp which took an hour or so but eventually I was there.

   I needed to talk to tougz. Something else was bothering me. It felt like he was blaming me for a lot of things that has happend... or more specifically; recent things that had happened. So once I got back, I met up with Cassei and asked her to let tougz know he should meet me at the open field towards sunshine plateau.

     Sunshine plateau, a part of the camp that was blooming with flowers and grass. Some houses where here, but there was one open filled that could be used for anything. There was also a statue at the center of the area.

I went towards the open side and placed four medium sized looking flowers in a wide box area. Once my eyes glowed, the flowers bloomed and the spores flew out. It made a beautiful display of light blue glowing lights as I felt my body heal and get stronger. I closed my eyes, standing like an infected as I enjoyed the feeling of the spores before I heard footsteps.

     "You called....?" It was tougz, his voice sounding cold and distant.

I turned towards him and moved a bit closer; looking up slightly at his blank and serious gaze. It intimidated me but not as much unlike the very first time I met him.

    "You were at Hope 101 weren't you...?" He asked as my eyes widened a bit before I looked away.

   I didn't reply as he crossed his arms while staring at me. I could feel his piercing gaze. It was not comfortable. I heaved a sigh gently before looking at him with a serious look.

     "Do..... do you hate me tougz?" I asked as he rose a brow before placing both hands in his pocket.

  "Want an honest answer? Not really. But because of you. Four years ago, our camp hasn't had a break from that fat ass mayor; Intentionally putting us in problems, jobs and shouting at us when we did nothing wrong or the smallest mistake..." he said as I whice a bit from the complains

    "So yes... you could say all of this is your fault.. and it annoys me that you won't do anything to fix it."
He said as I placed my hand on my chest.

"but I DO want to fix this! I'm trying....Thinking of a way to make everything right..." I said as I looked down before a single tear rolled down left my cheek.

     "If you really think I'm just a problem... then why don't you do the mayor a favor and kill me..?" I said as I looked at him.

  He looked a bit taken aback from that he looked away in thought before pulling his sword. It was the same as mine. Zambuto. That was the name of the Giant silver blade I always used. He held it tightly as he placed his other hand in his pocket.

    "Now that I think about it... Cassei May hate me... but it will reduce a lot of the problems we have here..." he said as i heaved a sigh and summoned my own blade.

   The vines grew and a silver blade shot out from it. I grabbed it gently as I closed my eyes and went into a fighting stance.
   "... I won't go down without a fight..."

  "Makes it more fun doll..." he said as I charged towards him.

  I closed the distance pretty quick as I swung at him with my blade, he blocked it easily before kicking me back as he stared at me.

  I growled a bit before getting up and running towards him again. This time slashing multiple times at him. He deflected each strike, his footwork was amazing, dodging and deflecting each strike as I charged at him before held my hand and squeezed harshly.

I groaned a in pain as I dropped my sword before he stared down at me. I growled back, head butting him in the face as he groaned and staggered backwards. I quickly grabbed my sword and sliced the side of his body which caused him to groan in pain. I took. Step back as I watched his blood drip before drying up as the spores healed him.

  He got up and held his head before staring at me with a deadly gaze. Mistake... I was intimidated which distracted me. Before I knew it, he was right beside me. He swung at me with his blade towards my neck where my reflexes kicked in and I bent backwards.

Doing a backflip, I growled a bit only to meet his blade rushing towards me. Quickly, I blocked and deflected most of his attacks but some of them still managed to graze or strike on my skin.
   My blue blood oozed out a bit before healing up as he grabbed my neck and slammed me down on the ground. Grunted, my head hurting and spinning from the impact as I held his arms while he squeezed my neck. It wasn't hard, and the look in his eyes seemed to have change from rage to pity.

   "Let...me...GO!!!" I yelled out as I used one of the stolen infected abilities I had saved up. It was the last one though. A huge explosion of blue smoke erupted as it sent him flying back. He crashed on the ground, a small grunt escaping his lips as he stood up while I pushed myself off the ground.

   I closed my eyes gently, the four spores slowly covering up as he flower on my shoulder faintly lost its colour. The left part of my body grew paler as my vines popped out more on that part. My left eyes glowed brightly as I growled more like an infected.
I reduced the flowers energy to allow most of the infected blood into my system. If I wasn't careful, I'd loose control again. But right now, I needed to prove to him that I wasn't weak anymore. That I would and Will fix the mess I caused.

    "Looks like someone got serious..." he said as he smirked before charging towards me.

  This time the true meaning of the dance of blades sprung into the surface.
The moment he slashed st me, my reflexes kicked in and I dodged his first attack. The other attempted from him ended in vain as my acrobatics and reflexes were on their peaks. I returned the attacks, pushing him back as all he could do was block.

   At one point, he slashed for my head again which I bent down into a Jack-O-Pose. This confused him but was the distraction I needed. Pushing my lower body towards his head, my legs wrapped around his neck as I pulled myself upward. I was sitting on his neck now, squeezing the air out of him with my thighs before doing a backflip and slamming him down on the ground.

   I sat on him, my blade slammed down on the ground beside his head as I growled furiously near his face. He looked unfazed, a trail of blood coming down the side of his lips as I closed my eyes and allows the four flowers and the one on my shoulder to bloom again.
Once I was calm, I re-opened my eyes and stared into his.

    "Let me prove to you that I... can fix all this.. I want to make things right... This... This is my Resolve... and my Redemption..." I said to him as he stared back into my eyes.

  I searched his eyes, hoping he believed me. He closed his eyes and smiled a bit before reopening it.

   "Fine then... I shall hold on to this promise..." he said right after.

For a few seconds, we stayed in that position. None taking their eyes of the other as though we were waiting for something. And before I knew it, his lips were on mine. Kissing me and breaking the intense stare earlier. I didn't fight back, I kissed him back gently as he held me closer.

So this was what I kept feeling... the feeling of love...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 16 16
In February of 2009, a man went to the hospital to be treated for a brain tumor. Upon further examination, another unknown virus in this man's brain...
906 306 13
(This was a story where I tried too hard to be smart, it came out as forced and unentertaining. While it was also fun to write, I strongly believe th...
58.4K 4.3K 41
It took barely over a month for the epidemic to spread across the globe. Contrary to belief, the world didn't end with a bang and neither did it go q...
114K 7.1K 50
~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the time to go back to completely rewrite it, a...