Just Out Of Reach || doloresx...

By SirEggsalot

The Familía Madrigal is full of chaotic Columbians. One of these is the ears of the Encanto, Dolores Madrigal... More

0 -prologue
1-one
2-two
3-three
4-four
5-five
6-six
7-seven
A/N
8-eight
9-nine
Dolores-1
10-ten
11-eleven
12-twelve
13-thirteen
14-fourteen
Dolores-2
15-fifteen
16-sixteen
17-seventeen
A/N 2
19-nineteen
20-twenty
21-twenty-one
22-twenty-two
23-twenty-three
24-twenty-four
25-twenty-five
26-twenty-six
27-twenty-seven
28-twenty-eight
29-twenty-nine
A/N 3
30-Thirty (Boquet Ending) [YES]
30-Thirty (Symphony Ending) [NO]

18-eighteen

937 41 4
By SirEggsalot

The last thing that you remembered before closing your eyes was the falling tiles, that looked like they were going to crush you.

Casíta was barely hanging on, as it slowly decayed and destroyed itself. The once jovial and vibrant paint desaturated from the dust gathering ontop of them.

Casíta used the last of its strength, to save the three of you from being flattened like an arepa.

Casíta gathered a pile of broken doors and frames, from around the ruins, pushing them towards you using the few tiles that were still intact.

Casíta stacked the few things it could gather ontop of you, with a tent-like structure.

The rubble turned into smaller rubble as they hit the protective roof on top of your heads.

Dust fill the air around you, as it colored you with the gray from the concrete.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

You gag a little, some of the dust got into your mouth, and your eyes too.

Opening your eyes felt sore, and they would just revert to being closed again after a while.

You move your arms around blindly, to try and grasp your surroundings.

You felt the worn fabric of the two people you nearly got trapped with, Mirabel and Dolores.

Thankfully, their bodies were still koving normally, except for light shaking from both of them, after receiving minor injuries all around their bodies.

You move your arms to your face, wiping out the dust that were making your eyes hurt.

The dust eventually stuck to your fingers, and they all eventually fell out, one by one.

There were still some stuck in your eyelids, but opening your eyes was managable now, and it didn't hurt you as much as they did before.

Even though your eyes were open, a thick gray haze covered most of your vision, only the objects directly next to you were obvious outside of the fog.

You felt Mirabel's torn sleeve with your right hand, the intricate and colorful designs of her shirt slowly fell off.

You feel Dolores' dress on your left hand, several holes that continued through to her skin were scattered about the woman.

Something in your body was hurting, but your brain could not figure out where the pain was coming from.

The smog slowly cleared, and with it, everyone else became clearer behind it, scurrying bodies were moving quickly to the three of you, happy that they saw you alive.

You push your body up to a sitting position, and looked around the ruins of the once amazing house, scanning what each Madrigal was doing just after suddenly being homeless.

The Madrigals immediately jumped to care for the three of you, almost to the point of forgetting that their house was now just a pile of rubble.

"Are you okay!? Are you hurt!?" The two pairs of parents went infront of their respective children, Pepa and Felix held Dolores' arms, and slowly looked for the bruises and cuts on her skin, Julieta and Agustin did their best to both hug Mirabel at the same time, but they couldn't really bring it all in.

"(Y/n), how about you!?" The two mothers held your knees, you look down and notice that your pants were dirty from the dust and the blood that came from the scrapes on your legs.

"(Y/N)!!!" Two strong voices came from the front door, or what remained of it atleast. The door was basically useless now, the walls around it were already open so the doorway would just be redundant.

Your blurry eyesight caught the two figures that were out of focus, it seemed like a middle age couple, similar to the age of the Madrigal triplets.

Their body shapes were familiar, and their clothing looked like they came from the closet in your house.

The couple did not even slow down until they got to your struggling body, they held your shoulders to help you sit easier, their close faces became less and less blurry the closer they were to you.

Their looks became clear when they were aiding you, it was your parents, the looks on their faces makes it seem like they had just witnessed a ghost.

"I am so sorry we got (Y/N) mixed up with all of this, we'll do our best to help." Pepa held your mother's hand and pleaded for their forgiveness.

"No, no, it's okay, Pepa, don't worry." Your mother's compassionate voice calmed the moody Madrigal down, your mother placed Pepa's arm back on Dolores' lap, because she knew what she must feel now, and she didn't want her to not give all her attention to her daughter.

"Can you stand?" Your papa held the back of your shoulder, while he looked at you with a concerned stare.

You nodded your head, because you didn't want to bother using energy to talk, your brain was still processing what had just happened.

"Okay, ready, one, two, three." Your father muttered, once he said the word 'three', your parents both helped you stand on your feet again, pulling your shoulders and your arms carefully, until you got off your feet.

Your posture was crooked, and your legs felt like jelly, your vision was still not as good as it used to be, but it didn't seem permanent.

You wrap your arms around your parents, as you feel the weight of your body trying to force you to fall down again.

"There, there, it's okay, rest." Your mama calmly whispered in your ear as you felt like closing your eyes, but the stress from your wounds were keeping you wide awake.

Your body slowly regain full control over itself, but it was still not as flexible and energetic as they were before.

The dust covered every part of your body, and so were Dolores and Mirabel's bodies, the vibrant and colorful clothing lost their shine.

You look around, only then fully acknowledging the catastrophe that had just happened.

Oh shit.

You limped your way to a column that wasn't destroyed. The concrete was rough and raggedy, cracks and extrusions made your back uncomfortable, but it was better than nothing.

"Are you alright?" Your father asked as he continued to examine your body and the bruises that were scattered around it.

"Yeah, I'm good.... I'm pretty sure." You held your hip, the pain was the type that wasn't too severe but it was still nothing short of an inconvenience.

Your father nodded, but he wasn't completely believing you, maybe it was just something that just becomes a part of him because of the paternal bond.

The two Madrigals that were under the small covering were still together, with their families watching over them.

You look at the two women, and notice how much worse some of their scars were, especially Dolores, who had looked like a donkey attacked her, causing the bruising on her body.

Dolores notices your stare of sympathy, Dolores shared the look after noticing the swelling and bruising around your limbs.

The two of you made eye contact, it still felt awkward after remembering what had just happened before the house collapsed.

You could see Dolores whisper something to her parents, before reaching her hands out to them.

Felix and Pepa held her hands and helped her stand up, supporting her weight as she tried to walk to you.

The couple, who were Dolores' parents, looked like they didn't fully approve of Dolores' choice, but they decide to follow it despite that.

Dolores stands infront of you, or atleast she kind of did, Most of her weight was being carried by her parents, who each guided one side of her body.

"(Y/N)...." Dolores whimpered, immediately catching her breath after, because of the pressure from the injuries.

"Lola?" You replied, with a smirk, despite the pain both of you were experiencing, physically and emotionally, you still found a way to make her laugh, or atleast attempt to.

Dolores thankfully laughed, she had fully processed the anger she felt towards you earlier, already coming into terms with her own emotions.

"Thank you..." Dolores smiled, she looked at your face, the cute yet annoying face that she had known since she could remember, but this time, with bumps around it.

"For-?" You sarcastically replied, making sure to give the message that you were just joking around with her.

"You're really gonna make me say it, huh.

For saving my life." Dolores smiled back, and hit your shoulder like you had both gotten used to, from all the bickering that you had.

The action hurt both of you equally, which made Dolores further question herself, why the fuck did I do that, ow.

"Ow, Jeez, woman, you really had to hit that hard?" You rubbed the shoulder that she had randomly hit.

"Nope, and I understand why now." Dolores shook her hand around, still pulsating wuth pain.

Her parents couldn't help but laugh behind her, although it was really stupid, it was the funny kind of stupid.

"Well, don't thank me. I just really wanted to help." You laughed, using the arm with the aching shoulder to rub your hair.

"That's very nice of you. Makes me not want to say this next part." Dolores chuckled shyly.

"What part? It's alright, you can say it." You reassured her, but she still looked shy.

"Okay." Dolores looked like she made up her mind. "I needed to tell you this, just in case you know."

"Yeah......" You replied, you were all ears into what she was about to say.

"I really need you to know that-" Dolores started to explain, however something else caught her attention, it caught both of your attention as a matter of fact.

It was Julieta's worried voice from behind Dolores, the older woman was looking at the small hut Casíta built for the three of you, however now it was empty, Mirabel Madrigal was nowhere to be seen near the structure.

Mirabel? Where the fuck are you?

Everyone in the family looked around, for even a sign of the lost Madrigal, but all they were greeted by were ruins.

Everyone else was busy helping each other, that Mirabel was able to slip out while noone else was paying attention.

"Mirabel! Mirabel!" The girl's parents started shouting, hoping to recieve a response, but nothing except silence came back to them. The people around followed Julieta and Agustin in calling for Mirabel, but not even that much voices could find Mirabel.

The sun had barely even come up, and yet it already felt like a whole day for you.

Julieta and Agustin grow wearier with everytime their calls fall on deaf ears, the desperate screams that didn't seem to get a response.

Isabela tried to grow a tall palm tree to stand on, that could also work as a look-out point, to help search for her sister, but nothing seemed to grow from her command.

"Your powers are gone too?" Luisa held her older sister's shoulder, after noticing her attempt to grow the flowers. The usually strong lady lost most of the strength in her muscles, she could only lift the things her 5 year old self could, her strength reverted to what it was before she got her gift.

Isabela nodded, she held her sister tightly, because now that one of her sisters are missing, she did not want to lose both so soon.

"I'm going." Julieta looked at the glade along the forest, her spouse Agustin looked worried, "No, I'm coming with you."

"Okay, just stay close to me." Julieta held her husband's hand as they both went through the forest, in search for their missing daughter.

"Camilo, where did Mirabel go?" Antonio held his brother's arm with both of his hands, worried about not being able to find his best friend anywhere.

"I don't know, either, Antonito." Camilo knelt down, and leaned Antonio closer to him, both of them cuddled together as they were just as worried as everyone else.

"Felix, we should go find Mirabel too." Pepa nudged her husband, as she pointed to the same line of trees that her sister and her brother-in-law faded into, searching for their missing daughter.

"We'll look after (Y/N) and Dolores, don't worry." Your parents popped out from behind the pillar you were leaning on.

"Wow, thanks alot, I really can't thank you enough." Pepa gleefully hugged your mother, happy that she had someone to look after her injured daughter, while she went to find her niece.

"We'll be back in an hour if we don't find Mirabel." Felix put his hand on Pepa's shoulder, he already trusted your parents. "Stay safe, Dolores." Felix nodded, Dolores smiled, "Yes, I will, papa, (Y/N)'s parents will keep us company.".

Pepa and Felix move to a different spot from where Julieta and Agustin had went, in order to help find Mirabel.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

The other Madrigals left the Casíta, and went to search for the missing girl. They seemed rightfully worried and distraught, but one Madrigal was even more so, Abuela.

Abuela was the most dedicated to search for Mirabel, she was yet to show it, but she had already come to terms with the mistakes she made in raising her family.

While they left, your parents took you and Dolores to your house, which was thankfully not severely damaged by the crack that raced along the Encanto.

You and Dolores sat together on your sofa, waiting for your parents to brew up the medicine and the remedies for your injuries to help with the pain.

Alot has happened in the past 3 hours, you and Dolores basically lost alot of the friendship that you held together, and now youwere both feeling conflicted relating to the other person.

The Casíta cracked in half, and so did the roads of the Encanto. No news of any casualties had been spread yet, thankfully. All the magical Madrigals were now magicless and homeless.

Mirabel had gone off to somewhere, noone knows where, and now has her whole family worried.

It wasn't even lunch time yet, but you were already tired, burnt out, and sore, both physically and emotionally.

What else can happen today that could make things even worse.

Good God, what is happening to the Encanto?

┅┅┅┅┅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
26K 378 14
la familia madrigal ! encanto oc x oc under editing.
37.5K 1K 15
(COMPLETE) You are Deaf but have hearing aids which you hardly wear. The world sometimes become too loud so you take off your hearing aids and mostl...
2.3K 74 17
After a stranger is found running though the woods of Encanto, things start going wrong, who is this person and why was Dolores always staring at the...