Xenoblade Chronicles 2 x Male...

By soroxas123

Follow the adventures of both Mariki and Rex, as they journey throughout the world of Alrest in reach to Elys... More

Bio
Chapter 2: Revival! The Aegis Awakens!
Chapter 3: Brighid and the City of Torigoth!
Chapter 4: Rescue Mission! Enter Artificial Blade Poppi!
Chapter 5: Umon's shipyard!

Chapter 1: The Brothers Salvage hunt!

347 6 0
By soroxas123

Deep in the sea we see two figures in sea retrieving a crate from the depths as they hop onto the carrier which starts rising from the water carrying them up to the surface. The two landed as they've removed their helmets off of their head revealing two boys.

Rex: *Sigh* We really need to buy ourselves a new depth probe... 

Mariki: Tell me about it, I can't seem to get used to these damn things. They're a little too uncomfortable for me. 

Rex: The ping was off by 150 peds to the east. That's not gonna fly!

Azurda: And what about the treasure boys? Was it in line with your expectations?

Rex: It seemed pretty solid. Didn't even have to reinforce it too much. Even with the labor costs, we should be able to turn a decent profit.

Azurda: Honestly, it takes you two days to run structural analysis... Yet somehow you can gauge the profits in an instant?

Mariki: Hey lighten up Azurda.

Rex: Don't go raining on my parade gramps! You know were in the salvaging trade for the cash! Rex said as he opens up the crate which only has a crab like monster hidden inside ready to attack.

Mariki: Rex, look out! Mariki said as the crab attacks Rex with its claws as he dodges back.

Rex: I didn't expect that! Thanks for the warning Mariki!

Mariki: Anytime bro! But was that monster really living in that? Mariki said as dodges the crabs strike.

Azurda: Boys?

Rex: Don't worry gramps. 

Mariki: I'll stall it while you get our weapons. 

Rex: Got it. Rex replied as he heads into the back grabbing two swords as takes them out and throws Mariki his blade as Rex holds his own.

Mariki & Rex: All right, let's get ourselves some lunch! Yelled the two boys as they were in their battle stances ready to confront the beast.

Rex attack the crab which it clashes with his broadsword while Mariki attack from above striking it on the head seemingly staggering it a bit. They took the opportunity to attack it again but it quickly retaliates knocking Rex back off his feet.

Mariki: Rex, you okay?

Rex: Yeah, I'll be fine. He replied standing back on his feet and shoot anchor at the crab catching it in place in which it tries to break free from the hold.

Mariki: Rex, you hold onto it like that while I deal the finishing blow!

Rex: Got it!

Mariki rushes towards beast which tries to use it's free claw to slash at him but he blocked it away with his sword as he impaled it successfully killing it on the spot.

Mariki: Well that was good but hey, at least we get to cook some lunch right bro?

Rex: Heck yeah! 

The two brothers high five for a job well done as they picked up the crab and started to chop it up and cook it for their feast. While eating the Mariki, Rex and Azurda spots another titan in the distance in the Cloud Sea.

Mariki: Another one huh? He said while taking a bite of his cooked crab.

Rex: Been happening a lot lately...

Azurda: Mm... More so than before.

Rex: I wonder if anyone could be living there...

Mariki: Beats me, I don't think anyone could possibly be living on that thing.

Azurda: I agree with Mariki, if there had been, they would've left by now.

Rex: Yeah, makes sense...  Hey, Gramps, do you think... Fonsett village will be gone one day?

Azurda: It may not be today or tomorrow but I know that one of these days, that it will surely fall.

Mariki: And I assume the same goes to you too huh?

Azurda: Yes. That's how it goes for us titans... There is no way around it.

Mariki: Damn, some life were gonna be living when that'll happen. But you were born on Alrest, right old man?

Azurda: Indeed. As for my ancestors, who could say where they were born...

Rex: So does this Elysium really exist, along with the creator who's said to live there?

Azurda: A land of plenty, atop the World Tree. If such a place were to exist, we would all be living in peace and harmony in which there would be no need for fighting.

Mariki: Yep, a world like that is good enough for me to relax and enjoy life with my bro and gramps.

Rex: I feel the same way. Everyone in Alrest could be able to live in peace.

Time skip

Argentum Trade Guild

Mariki Pov

My name is Mariki, as you can see... I am a Salvager who works out on the cloud sea gathering stuff in return for cash. The guy next to me is my childhood friend and foster brother Rex.

 He and I lived together on the titan known as Azurda... you know, that dragon looking thing we were talking to. 

Anyways, were on our way to Melolo at the central exchange for some cash but it turns out we weren't expecting with what we hoped for.

Rex: What, that's it?!

Melolo: It's life, Meh! This still more than I give to non-friend! But if you bring military supplies then you get good price! She said as Rex and I looked toward the three soldiers.

Mariki: Seriously, no way in hell are we gonna do that! I replied.

Rex: Mariki is right... We stay away from that sorta thing.

Melolo: Oh, is shame! Mariki and Rex good salvagers, could be a good way to earn pretty penny. That's a waste of talent if you ask me.

Mariki: That doesn't matter, we've come to take up on your offer. You can deal with the rest...

Rex: We'll have 200 thank you very much.

Melolo: And this is going to Fonsett village correct?

Rex: Yeah!

Melolo: Sending money at such a young age is quite beautiful. I'm touched!

Rex: It's cause Gramps doesn't charge rent, hehe.

Mariki: Well we have been living on his back ever since our salvaging you know.

Rex: All right, I'm counting on you.

Melolo: Pleasure doing business with both of you.

The two of us starting walking off back to Azurda as we looked ahead to see a Nopon along with two men were approaching us.

Pupunin: Rex, Mariki hello there.

Mariki: Oh hey, it's Pupunin. Mariki said

Rex: Pupinin! It's been a while!

Pupinin: You boys are looking in high spirits! Ah, no, how say... Yes, peppy!

Rex: Been worse! So do you have any new job for us maybe? Rex asked.

Mariki: What, we came from finding a crate within the depths of the cloud sea only to come up with a monster, come back to collect our money and you still wanna look for a new job as soon as possible?

Rex: Hey, for your information... I'm not a bit of a lazy bum like you! Rex retorted.

Mariki: Well, at least some of our bodies need rest before going on another mission. I replied.

Pupinin: Calm down you two, this isn't the time for much of your brotherly squibble squabble. By the way... Rex came from Fonsett Village in Leftherian Archipelago, yes?

Rex: Yeah that's right, why'd you ask?

Pupinin: You should go straight to boardman of chairman.

Rex and I both looked at each other.

Mariki & Rex: The chairman? We both said 

Timeskip

We arrived at the chairman's office wanting to know why he summoned Rex . Unfortunately, the reason I came along was because I couldn't but not stub my nose into their business and wanted to make sure if it's something serious for my brother to take.

The chairman's name is Bana... he is a corpulent merchant and also the guy who runs the Argentum Trade Guild. Apparently he's in search of some legend known as I don't what it is exactly since I'm a bit lazy to listen to those kinds of stories.

Bana: Greetings Rex, I am Bana, chairman of the Argentum Trade Guild. He said while introducing himself to both of us.

Rex: P-Please to make your acquaintance... 

Mariki: Yeah, pleasure meeting you here, but is there a reason that you've called my brother up here Mr. Chairman? I asked.

Bana: Ah yes, I heard from Pupunin that a salvager of some renown. That being the case, I have a small favor to ask of you Rex!

Rex: Ok, and what kind of request would that be?

Bana: If you do me this small task, you will receive 100,000 gold. He said which we were both in shock.

Rex & Mariki: A hundred thousand?!

Bana: If you manage successfully, I can reward with another 100,000 if you'd like...

Rex: 200,000 gold in total...?! I must be dreaming...

Mariki: You want me to pinch you to find out?

Rex: I'll do it! I swear to do every skill that I possess to get this job done and successful! I promise not to let you down! 

Mariki: That's very nice of you, but since this mission is tasked upon you, I should just sit back and relax while you're busy at the moment. I said as I was about to walk out but Rex stopped me.

Rex: Wait, would it be ok if my brother came along, he's been with me since we were young and no way I would want him to just be lazy and sit back doing nothing. 

Mariki: Rex...

Bana: Certainly, the more the merrier. But do you even want to hear the details of the job?

Rex: Oh right, what's the job about?

Bana: Do the two of you really have skills for this?

Mariki: Of course, nothing us to brothers can't handle. I replied while giving Rex a nuggy.

Bana: If you say so. Alright, you can bring them in.  Bana said to the woman who walked towards the door opening it to reveal a group marching in surprising both me and Rex.

The first of the group to step in was a girl with neck-length silver hair styled into a bob cut with matching feline ears on top of her head. She has amber eyes, three white stripe tattoos on her face, and elongated canine teeth. She is quite short close to Rex size and has a petite frame. She wears a feline-hooded yellow one-piece jumpsuit with gold-trimmed white armor plates around her chest and upper arms, and wears a brown utility belt around her hips with three daggers. She wears red and white heeled boots which come up at the top into large decorated white and black cones, which extend past her knees around the front and around her calves from the back.

Along with her is a large, thick-furred white tiger with blue eyes. He wears various pieces of metal armor on his legs and chest. He carries his twin rings on his shoulders, and some kind of   crystal on his chest is shaped like a claw.

The third person we saw is a guy who is a well-built man with fair skin, short jagged black hair and grey eyes. He wears black plate armor with staggered plate pauldrons; as an Aegis he has a purple, crucifix-shaped core crystal in the center of his chest.

The fourth one that was next to him was some kind of humanoid robot looking thing with four limbs, a tail, and an elongated head with tiny eyes and a fish-like mouth full of teeth. He is blackish-blue with gold-edged armor, large black claws and a pentagonal crystal  in the center of it's chest.

The fifth and final guy was a tall, well built man with shoulder-length white hair, fair skin and blue eyes. His core crystal is blue, diamond-shaped and located under his fringe on his forehead. He also wears a mask and has white and silver armor.

Mariki: Who are these guys? I wondered to myself.

Rex: Drivers...? And... Blades?! Rex said bewildered of the group of five that appear before him and Mariki.

???: So... there's something  that we want to haul up. There were some current shifts. It showed up in an uncharted area. But it's a long way down. Said the white hair guy.

Rex: Nice... I like a good challenge!

Mariki: Hopefully this quest will be worth reward money. I said before Bana spoke.

Bana: I've assembled this team of veterans to aid you on this mission. But I have to warn you, this crew is very picky and want small elite team from Leftheria. Which is why I hired Rex?

Rex: Well you made the right choice, me and Mariki will beat this quest in no jiffy right bro?

Mariki: Of course, us bros together can take down any quest you throw at us. I said as me and rex heard the bob cut girl start snickering at the two of us.

???: Child Salvager's? Jin, don't tell me we're gonna have to hire some babysitters for this outing, too. The said to the guy revealing his name to be Jin.

Rex: What the hell? You look as much like a kid as I do, lady! Rex shot back.

Mariki: Yeah, and for the record I'm taller than you so yeah. I said to her.

???: At least I wouldn't wet myself at the promise of a measly hundred grand!

Mariki& Rex: What're you trying to say?! We both said while approaching her but we were blocked by the white tiger.

???: *Ahem* Rex and Mariki was it? I implore you both to excuse my lady's discourtesy. The tiger bowed towards us which made me stunned.

Mariki: Woah, a talking tiger?! I said.

???: Dromarch! What have I told you about speaking for me? Shut your- The girl was suddenly cut off by the guy in black armor .

???: Drop it Nia. Though, I do see your point... In any case... It should be easy enough to make sure... He immediately stopped himself at that point and dashed towards both Rex and me as he swing his weapon at us which we managed to avoid in time. He went after Rex who unsheathes his sword clashing with him as I took out my blade and jumped in to attack from behind, but he saw me coming and quickly dodged me.

Rex: What're you playing at?!

Mariki: Yeah, attacking us two without any sort of hesitation. You've got some nerve.

???: Well, well, well... He said impressed by two brothers teamwork.

Nia: Malos! What good is it beating up two kids? 

Malos: You said it yourself, didn't you? What if the both of them are not up to it? He recalled.

Nia: I said nothing of the sort. She said trying to correct him.

Malos: Well anyways... they'll do. Although the two of you don't seem to be drivers... Where did you learn those arts?

Rex: Gramps, showed me a thing or two. Even when I was little, that was his idea of playtime.

Mariki: I am self taught.

Malos: Well, you both got some skills along with guts, that I can tell you. Boys, you better work hard. He said retracting his blade as he along with the others walked off which leaves Nia with a sigh.

Mariki: (That Malos guy, just who is he?)

Time skip

We told Azurda about the job we now partake in as he seems quite worried and curious about the two of us doing something that we don't know the details of.  We were now on the Maelstrom deck where set sail onwards to our destination as it was night time. I was chilling while Rex was using binoculars keeping a close eye out for something.

Mariki: You know... I'm quite curious on why those guys wants us on a mission that we don't even know about? I'm starting to believe the old man's suspicions. I said 

Rex: Don't worry about it. All we have to do is have this job done and then it's 200,000 grand for us. Rex said in an much excited tone.

Mariki: Well, we do need the reward money so what the heck am I worrying about? I said sitting back and relaxing while Rex still continues to scope out as he spots something pretty far from us.

Rex: That's the black ship from the harbor. Is it... following us...? Rex wondered to himself as we both heard a familiar female voice behind us.

Nia: Ugh, It's way too cold up here.

Mariki: Oh it's only you.

Rex: You-

Nia: I'll have the two of you know, I've got a name and it's Nia. They've started boozin below deck, you should join them.

Rex: Why aren't you there?

Nia: It's not that I hate it, I just really don't need a headache right now. She replied.

Rex: Good thing you're not a Salvager, then.

Nia: And why is that?

Mariki & Rex: Swim like a fish, and drink like one too. That's the Salvager's code. We both said in unison.

Nia: Ugh, that sounds terrible. Good thing I'm not planning on switching careers.

Rex: Hm. Probably for the best.

Mariki: Yep, I'm sure that you drivers and blades whatever you are get more of a fortune than Salvagers do.

Nia: So why did you two started Salvaging in the first place? She asked as both of us point towards the world tree.

Rex: You can find all things digging through salvage. Some can be trash, some can be treasure... but all of it people long gone. 

Mariki: There's also only a few titans each day. There was one of them that one down yesterday... it was really big. 

Rex: There must've been loads of animals still living on it. Sooner or later, we'll be the ones sinking down into the Cloud Sea. But up there... Elysium is waiting for us. Rex said as we heard Nia laughing at the last part he stated.

Nia: Seriously, you two! Elysium''? Don't tell me you seriously believe in that folks tale?  So is that why you two became Salvagers? Because that story is nothing but a myth for children.

Rex: If there is a way to get up there, maybe it's hidden below the clouds. There'd be no need to fight over for land and resources...

Mariki: And if such a place truly exist... then we can all live in peace and harmony and live as much as we want.

Nia: Hmm... ''Everyone,'' huh...?

Rex: What?

Nia: I always thought that people were pretty selfish by nature. But you two... Do you have parents?

Rex & Mariki: No. 

Rex: When I asked Gramps, he told me they died when I was just a kid.

Nia: Gramps... Oh the same one who taught you to use arts? And what about you? *Looks at Mariki*

Mariki: Well, I lost my mother at birth when she was pregnant... she was very ill. So I was raise by my father until he left to go on a mission, that time he didn't come back. I still think that he may be out there somewhere still alive and safe.

Nia: I'm sorry to hear.

Mariki: Don't be. Besides, I'm not whether sure if he's alive or not. I said as I go down the stairs to go rest .

Time skip

I was in the room on the ship resting until I heard the intercom making an announcement that we were in position and must report to our stations. Our target was located in a wrecked ship 450 ped down, we'll have to split up in teams to search for the it and retrieve it. Rex and I went on the hull as we jumped off with our helmets on into the water.

As we swam down deeper into the depths we stumbled upon the ship they were referring too. I couldn't believe my eyes at what I was seeing before me.

Rex: It looks pretty ancient... Is that the... propulsion mechanism?

Mariki: Beats me. I don't even know what country made this. Putting that aside... let's do what we came here to do.

We managed to attached the thingamajig to the ship so we could give them our signal to hoist it up. As we arrived on the surface among the wrecked ship Jin's group arrived on top of the deck where they were about to go inside as Jin looked at the both of us.

Jin: You two. With us.

Rex & Mariki: Us?

Nia: You're gonna drag them along? Seriously?!

Malos: Guess they think you need all the help you can get. Gahaha! Said Malos as he walked along with the others.

Mariki: Well, I guess we should get going. I said as Rex and I started walking into the ship to see what we can find.

Location: Ancient Ship

As we were about to head inside, something was bashing at the door revealing a monster in which we all immediately draw our weapons. 

Nia: Let me show you what a driver can do! 

Malos: Now we can see, how much skills the new rookies have against this. Malos said inspecting to see the capabilities of the two brothers.

I was the first to attack it as Rex followed behind with Nia being our support. I attacked the front, Rex went from behind it...  as our attacks were about to connect, the monster quickly jumped high into the air dodging our coordinated slash and tries to land on top of Rex but he quickly dodge roll out of the way before he got squashed.

I managed to catch it's attention by taunting it as it spits some weird looking liquid towards me, but I dodged it in time .

Rex: Sword Bash! Rex yelled as he bashed his sword on the creatures back damaging it.

Meanwhile at the front Nia was having backup from Dromarch while Jin and I fought were hurting it.

Jin: Ultra Slash! Jin yelled out releasing a fast sword to the front staggering the monster.

Mariki: Take this! Whirlwind slash! I screamed as my sword was covered in wind attribute  which completely hit the monster with a powerful slash as it falls in defeat and disappeared.

I put away my sword as I looked over at Jin and completely wondered to myself about the powers of the blades and their drivers. But if they're this powerful... why did they insist n having both Rex and I for this mission? 

Time skip

We were inside the ship exploring, and taking out all the monsters that comes into our path. By the time we came in front of some sort of doorway which leads to a room, the only person who can open it was Rex since this must be the reason Jin and Malos needed him for this mission. It seems they couldn't bypass it. 

As the entrance opens, we see another door up ahead with the same crest on it as Rex touched it, the door opened up as I quickly rush to my brothers side in case of any booby traps while Nia and the others follow behind.

Rex entered inside of the room as I looked around amused as then Malos and the others came in. I noticed that they were looking at something... so I turn my attention to find a red sword but that's not what bugs me... what really peaked my attention was that there was a girl who appeared to be sleeping inside a pod.

Rex: It's a... girl? Said Rex as he stared at the girl in awe but his attention was caught by the sword in front of him.

I started walking closer to Rex and saw that he was looking at the red sword which was glowing a bright green color. I noticed that Rex was going to touch it as I for some reason wasn't trying to stop him and waited for him to touch it. That was when Malos yelled out to Rex.

Malos: Hey, brat! Don't even think about touching that! He said but it was already too late as Rex touched the sword which he was taken aback.

Mariki: Woah, for a second I thought something was gonna happen. Don't you think so too Re- I stopped before I could even finish as both my eyes were widen in shock and horror. I see Rex being stabbed in the back from Jin's weapon.

Rex: B-but... why...? Rex asked.

Jin: Don't take it personally. It's an act of mercy. At least you won't be alive to see what happens. Jin replied before taking the blade of his weapon out of Rex who falls to the ground dead.

Mariki: You bastard! I screamed at as I raised my sword ready to slash at him but he quickly turns as I felt the blade of his weapon pierced through me as dropped my weapon on the ground and fell on my back beside Rex as I could feel my blood on the palms of my hand.

As all of my surroundings started fading to black, I looked at my brother one last time and fist bump his nearby hand as I said my last words.

Mariki: S-See you in the afterlife... Rex. I love u brother.

Those were the exact last words I said before my entire world grew black.

Next Episode: Revival! The Aegis Pyra Awakens!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 31
In the mystical land of Elysium, where magic weaves through every leaf and whispers secrets to the wind, a darkness begins to stir. For centuries, th...
323 2 12
Set in an alternate universe where all nine planets of the solar system are inhabited, the story follows Keena, a young man whom soon discovers he is...
31.3K 726 34
(Wielder of Aegis Male Reader X Crossover) Y/N is the wielder of a blade named Aegis. Unfortunately, Union Academy found out and decided to chase aft...
382K 26K 45
Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, and conspiracy, come join in on an advent...