She would persevere

By SaarJT

How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that wa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.75
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.50
chapter 5
chapter 5.50
chapter 6
chapter 6.50
chapter 7
chapter 7.50
chapter 8
chapter 8.75
chapter 9
Chapter 9.50
chapter 10
chapter 10.75
chapter 11
chapter 11.50
Chapter 12
chapter 12.50
chapter 12.75
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.50
Chapter 14
chapter 14.50
Chapter 15
chapter 15.75
chapter 16
Chapter 16.50
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.50
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.50
Chapter 18.75
Chapter 19
Chapte 19.50
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.50
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.75 Lemi
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.50
Chapter 23
Chapter 23.50
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.75
Chapter 25
chapter 25.75
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.75
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37.75
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Epilogue

Chapter 31

15.9K 516 68
By SaarJT

Lie still, lie silent utter no cries
As the Witcher
Brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He'll chop and slice you
Gut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole

It was dark. All around me as I woke up with an immense headache. I knew I shouldn't have binged Season 2 of the Witcher so late at night. Wait, that is what happened right? I shook my head and blinked my eyes a few more times and my mind had already restarted. The fight, being grounded, texting maman, the men at the door... falling down the stairs.
I fell down the stairs as I had tried to run from the strangers in my house. I think I hit my head on the railing. Which would explain the severe headache. But where was I? My eyes were adjusting to the darkness around me and the little bit of light that was shown from beyond a door, I think, wasn't really helping.

It did give a reflection to something right in front of me that looked like metal. Touching it felt cold. It was metal and circle shaped. With more rows next to it.
My breathing was laboured and I started to panic. It was in front of me, at my sides, above my head and at my back.
I started to hyperventilate and scream, my worst nightmare became reality... Again.
I was caged in.
Correction, I was in a cage. Like an animal.

"LET ME OUT!!!
GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" I kept screaming.
Nobody was hearing me. Nobody was listening to me. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see. I was trapped.
With that everything went dark.

I had no idea how long I had been here for. This was the third time that I woke up in that same cage. Fortunately this time I did not panic as much. I simply kept my eyes closed and listened. I listened for any bit of information that I could use. Voices, steps, sounds from possibly the outside. The echo's on the walls that would indicate how long the corridor went beyond the door where my cage was in.
Any bit of information I could process and remember. For one, I knew that there was no ventilation system on the side of the building I was in. Why? One, there was no breeze being deposited or sucked out for ventilation purposes. Two, even though it was really dark, I could not see any ventilation shafts that usually gleamed, even with a little bit of light. And three, this room, if you could call it that, stank. Like really, the smell in here was that of decomposed dead bodies. Don't ask me how I know.

There were voices far away from where I was being contained. They were speaking in another language. Fortunately it was a language I was learning for fun, unfortunately, I hadn't learned a lot from the language yet, but I could make out a few words and with that I knew they were leaving soon with... someone?
Not thinking about it any longer, I tried yet again to bend the bars like superman would, that did not get me far. I was about to yell out again.

"They won't help you, little girlie." Someone with a raspy voice said from the side of me which made me squeal. I hadn't realised that there was someone with me this time.
"Who are you? Do you know where we are, who took us?"
"You were here when I arrived, which means we are not part of the same group." The man spoke with a heavy accent that reminded me of home. I crawled closer to the man who was chained to the wall and saw an emaciated but familiar face. The man had a long beard and dark brown eyes.

"How long have you been in captivity?" I asked softly.
He laughed and I choked.
"I don't even know anymore. Years, I believe."
"Do it again." I said.
He looked at me strangely. "Do what again?"

"Laugh. I wish to hear you laugh again." He slightly chuckled, but couldn't get himself to laugh. There was nothing to laugh about. But he did give me a smile. A beautiful, breathtaking smile. A smile that I had seen again and again. Just on a much smaller person.
"Robèrt..." She had never seen a picture of him nor asked to see it. She didn't want to reopen old wounds.
"How do you know my name?"

"You're Robèrt St. Clair, but that can't be... You died years ago in a car accident. How can you still be alive? They buried you, I don't understand.." I rasped out.
"Wait, they think I'm dead? That's why they haven't found me yet. But how?"
"They found your body in the wreckage. It was identified with dental records. But you're here, in front of me. You have been kept by the Chinese for so long?"

"How did you know it was the Chinese? Who are you?" He demanded.
"Outside they were speaking Wenzhounese. It's a... It's a Chinese dialect."

Wait, they weren't transporting me soon, they were transporting him. Away from here. Away from where he could possibly be found. Without thinking it through, I took off my necklace and gave it to him.

"Wear this, under your shirt or better on your ankle, they won't find it fast. Please, wear it, for maman.... for Riri, your daughter. They miss you so, so much..." I started crying softly.
"How..." He couldn't make out the words.

"You have been pronounced dead for about 5 years. I met your wife four years ago when she took me in. She took care of me, treated me like a daughter, even when my own father and mother didn't care for me at all. Your daughter has grown into a beautiful lady. She has your eyes and your exact smile and laugh, except for the fact that it always looks like she's on a sugar high. Energiser bunny that one." I laughed out loud. Sniffing away the tears.
"That pendant can be found. It can be traced. Hopefully on time. And when they find you, you can lead them back to me. Please..."
He merely gave me a nod and tied the necklace around his ankle, while I prayed to Karma for some good points, that he would be found in time.

"What is your name?" He asked me.
"My full name is Adelaide Aurora DiMartino, but Aubrey calls me North and maman calls me cherie."
Before we could converse anymore the door opened. And my wide eyes got stuck looking at pale blue eyes. The eyes that had haunted me in my sleep.
"Tom..." I gasped out.
"Hello sweetheart, miss me?"
"Let's go have some fun, you and I. Relive old times together, what do you say?"

Be strong. You survived once, you can do it again.

I shook my head from one side to another.
"Fuck you! How the fuck did you find me? It took Candace and Jason three and a half fucking years! And they were actively searching. You... you wouldn't even be able to find your belt even if it was right in front of your damn face!"

He didn't like that remark. He whipped out a knife and a set of keys.
"Oh what, you gonna stab me now? Hahaha... you think I would be afraid of a knife when I have been shot twice by my own mother? Think again, asshole!"

Be strong, you survived. Be strong!

"Oh I'm going to have more fun than that, sweetheart. We're going to have a lot of fun. And before you comment, no one is looking for you. I've made sure of that..." 

"Oh, shiver me timbers! You made sure of that? Are you certain? You see, the last thing I remember of you is that you do not have enough brain cells to come up with such an elaborate plan. I mean getting me kidnapped and making sure my family wouldn't be aware... don't make me laugh, Tom. You are as stupid as a monkey and that's an insult to the flipping monkey's. You have an IQ of what? 70?? The fact that you haven't died from snorting your own product is a miracle to me! Which means all of this - I said as dramatically as I could while waving my hands around - is not your doing. This isn't your plan. You're simply someone else's puppet. I want to know who it is. Tell me! Now!"

Wow, my sarcastic mouth is going to land me in more trouble...

He simply started laughing, which created shivers on my back. Before I knew it my hand was encompassed in someone else's. Without looking back, I knew it was Robèrt. Holding my hand for support. That made my heart swell with so many emotions. He didn't know me. He only knew the things I had told him, but they were things he didn't have to believe in. Yet he did. He believed that I was telling him the truth. I squeezed his hand back. Letting him know that he, as well, was no longer fighting alone.

"Oh there is your so-called mastermind, sweetheart. Don't worry I'll make sure there is enough play time when you're done talking." He said while holding up a needle which made me freeze.
No, I don't want to go back to that time. I don't want to be addicted again. I don't want to go through that pain again. Was getting clean once not painful enough?
The door opened and the person Tom was talking about, walked in.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" I screamed out.
"Hello Adelaide, nice to see you're finally awake! Such foul words you use, have you not been raised well."
She walked around like she was at some museum. Before she found out that there was no place for her to sit. She looked at me as if I was an exhibit.
"I have been raised by a Queen on how to be a Lady myself, but in situations like these, even she would curse you out. Trust me the word bitch is not full-on cursing yet." Robèrt murmured that he fully agreed with that statement. I took a moment to reclaim my bearings.

"Why?"
"I need you gone. Very simple."
" I was already leaving. I had packed every bit of my belongings. I was supposed to drive away tomorrow, or the next day since I don't know how long I have been here. I was going home to my sister and my mom. So why? Why?! Tell me!" I wasn't mad, I wasn't angry. I was livid. I was fucking done.

"I didn't just need you gone, lord knows I tried that and yet here you still are. I needed you to cease to exist. I need you dead. So that's how I met Tom. You see he told me of the games you guys used to play and he wanted to play them again with you and when he's done playing. I will personally be present at your live funeral, if you understand what I mean. But you fainting and passing out has done a number on our plan. I mean it has been a few days already, but no matter, everything will work out just fine." She grinned. Of Course I understood what she meant. She wanted to bury me alive. Literally.

"And how do you know that no one would be looking for me?"
She held up a phone, my phone. How did she get past facial recognition?
"I simply text Zeke once in a while pretending to be you. He hasn't got a clue. He currently thinks you're at Katherine's house."

Think, think, think...! Kiel would only have to ask Qui for Kat's address and would be able to find out everything is a lie. And one thing Kiel knows about me, I do not lie. Ever.

"Right hahaha. And you think Zeke will follow along with what you say for, forever?  Zeke will know the inconsistencies between your writing style and mine. Don't worry he's coming."
I planted the seed, Adaline. Now, you only have to give water for it to grow.
"Zeke will find me and so will Lemi and Noah. And they will find out that you're behind all of this and finally put you where you belong. Next to your birth mother in isolation!"

I'm currently on my way to the airport to board a plane to a non disclosed location.......

#dontkillme

Love, Sarah

P.S. comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
654 127 26
What will you do if the world throw a game but you never given a chance to prepared? What will you do if the person you thought that would never turn...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
207K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...