The Player's Daughter

By xxxxRYLEExxxx

Slowly I walked over to him and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Cammei." He smirked, "Sam." "It's nice to meet y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

5.5K 133 14
By xxxxRYLEExxxx

Here’s Chapter 6! Hope you enjoy!

~Rylee xx

                “Maguire, Dang it! You’ve got to dive for it! Dive! The ground will not eat you, I swear!” I heard my dad shouting as I made my way onto the soccer field. Typical Coach Riter.. “Simmons! Watch the cone! The idea is to miss them!” I shook my head and stifled a chuckle.

                “Hey guys,” I said to my friends, Anna Kate, Tara, and Kaitlyn, as I threw down my suddenly very heavy soccer bag. I pulled out my red, Nike Vapors and started tying them onto my feet.

                Kaitlyn pulled her long blonde hair into a ponytail while replying, “Cammei! Long time no see!” She flashed me a bright, white smile.

                “For real! No spring break practices really interfered with our hang out sessions!” Anna Kate, the typical tall, tan, Texan brunette told me.

                “Well, it was quite the spring break!” I told them as I finished tying my left cleat and started on my right.

                Tara tightened her shin guards and then smirked at me. “Ah, yes! I heard that the infamous Cammei Riter has finally been tied down!”

                “What?!” the other two girls shrieked. My dad looked over at us and shook his head.

                “Hurry up ladies! 5 minutes!” He instructed us before blowing his whistle at the boys’ team.

                “Who?” Kaitlyn questioned me, her light, blue eyes huge in wonder. “Is he a soccer man?”

                I slowly nodded my head. “Pretty hot if I must say so myself..” I glanced out onto the field just in time to catch Sam’s eyes as he looked at me. I smiled and looked back at the three bouncing teenagers in front of me. “That one, the new guy.”

                I saw them turn their heads and watched in amusement as all of their jaws dropped. “Daaayuuum!” Anna Kate said whilst standing up for a better view.

                “That booty,” Tara replied to no one in particular, yet we all agreed.

                “He’s my aunt’s best friend’s son. Who just so happens to be staying with us until his mom gets home from Rome.” I told them as I tugged on my black Nike pros.

                Kaitlyn, Anna Kate, and Tara all whipped their heads around to look at me at my response. “So your boyfriend is staying at your house?” One of them asked.

                “Mmhm! Don’t worry, though. Nothing is going to happen just yet. I have a feeling he could be the one, and I don’t want to mess it up..” I replied, looking down in embarrassment.

                All I got in response was silence and three pairs of wide eyes. Finally, Anna Kate broke it. “Wow, I never thought I would here you say that. Ever. Like it’s insane.”

                I didn’t get a chance to reply before my dad blew his loud, familiar whistle. “Girls! Let’s go! Hustle up!” All 20 of the girls jogged onto the middle of the field and took a seat around “Coach”. He insists that I call him that.

                “Lover boy’s totally checking out his hot babe,” Tara whispered into my ear. I chuckled before jumping at the sound of my dad’s hands clasping together.

                “Alright, ladies, as you know, we have our first game this Friday against Weir, and I will not tolerate a loss. We will advance to playoffs again this year! Now, three laps! Go!” He barked at a groaning group of girls. “Wanna make it four?”

                “No Coach!” We all shouted in unison.  I stood up and followed the stream of red and black jerseys in front of me.

                ‘In through the nose, out through the mouth,’ I repeated inside my head.

                Finally, I came to halt at the end of three laps and placed my hands on my knees. “Come on Riter! Positions!” My dad shouted at me. I groaned and ran to the center of the field and took my place, Midfielder. A heard a whistle blow, starting the first of many practices for our Spring season.

2 Hours Later

                “I’m home!” I called out as I threw my keys onto the granite countertop.

                “Hi, Honey!” my mom shouted from the living room, “come here!” I picked up my bags and walked across the foyer into the spacious room where I saw her sitting, watching one of her few shows that actually entertain the child-at-heart woman.

                “What’s up?” I asked plopping down onto the leather couch, enjoying the feeling as I sank down into it.

                “How was it?” She questioned me. I smiled, knowing that she had already heard Cameron and Sam’s side of the story.

                “It was great! Felt good to be back out there! I can’t say that I’m not sore, though!” I told my mom while I pulled out my sweaty, ponytail. “Track and soccer combined are going to be the death of me!”

                She chuckled and picked up her bottle of water. “The boys had a whole different perspective. Said that, quote, ‘I swear if I have to walk anymore tonight I’ll puke’ before going upstairs and I’m guessing falling asleep.” Both of us burst out laughing.

                “Wow, though they would’ve held up better..” I said standing up, “I have to agree, though, and I am going to change because I feel like a jumped into a pool of B/O.”

                I scooped up my soccer bag and backpack as I walked toward the stairs. “Ugh!” I groaned, taking the first step. “Ugh!” And that continued all the way to the top. I shuffled my way across the hall to my bedroom and shut the door.

                Slowly, I plugged my phone into my speakers and started blaring an old Avril Lavigne song and headed to my bathroom. I pulled down my sweat stained red shorts and stripped out of the matching top, examining the black 21 on the back, front, and shoulders. Finally, I stood naked in the shower, letting the hot water soothe my sore muscles.

                Stepping out of the water, I wrapped a fluffy, pink towel around my body and then another on my head before heading into my room where I saw Sam sitting on my bed, an amused grin on his face. “Feel successful?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

                He looked down at my bare legs before slowly making his way up to my eyes. “Yes actually, I do.” I got in response, followed by a wink.

                I shook my head and ruffled his curls as I strode past him to my chest drawers. I pulled out a bra and a pair of panties followed by a green Guy Harvey shirt and a pair black Nike shorts. “Now go!” I shouted at Sam, watching his smile fade as he groaned in disappointment.

                “Fine!”

                I chuckled at his response before pulling on all four of my garments and yanking a brush through my dark, wet hair. I clicked my stereo off and walked out of the room. I took a left and marched my way into Sam’s room where he was busy playing Call of Duty on his Xbox. “Why do you like that? A bunch of narcissistic, love-deprived, guys create a game where you have the choice of killing zombies or one another. I think it’s pointless.” I told Sam as I plopped down beside him on the floor.

                “Babe, this,” he gestured toward the screen, “is not pointless. It gives you a glimpse of what would happen during a zombie apocalypse.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Very intelligent reply,” I scoffed.

                Suddenly, the game paused. “Grab that controller.” He instructed me. I looked to where his finger was pointing and picked it up. “Now, press that center button.” I did as I was told and watched the device light up.

                “What’s the point of this?” I asked him.

                He smirked at me, his green eyes shining. “You’re going to play.”

                20 minutes later I had been completely and utterly addicted to what I had thought was a pointless video game. Let’s just say, just because I like it, doesn’t mean I was any good at it.

                “Shoot!” I cursed at the sudden sound of gunshots to my right, “Sam! Stop”

                A deep chuckle beside me made a smile come upon my face. “Babe, that’s how the game is! Girlfriends are no exceptions!” I peered at him out of the corner of my eye and saw his green eyes glued to the flatscreen in front of us.

                “Whatever!” I shouted, throwing down the control and storming out. I’m a sore loser..

                “Cammei! Wait!” I heard his voice behind me along with the patter of fingers on a control. I rolled my grey eyes and headed to the “theater” at the end of our upstairs hall. 

                I took a seat in one of the black, leather recliners and snatched up the remote that turned on the DVD player. I popped in The Last Song and switched on the television. This is what I like, a depressing Nicholas Sparks’ movie that makes me sob. I heard a cough to my right and looked over and smiled at the sight in front of me. Sam in his grey, sweats shirtless holding a two pillows.

                “Care if I join the sob fest?” He asked with a smile.

                I clasped my hands over my heart, “Oh, Sammy!” He cringed at the nickname I gave him, “I would love it!” A smile spread from my lips to my eyes as he made his way over and sat beside me, tossing a pillow at my face. “Rude!” I shouted.

                He stuck his tongue out at me before throwing a tan, muscular arm around my shoulders. His touch never failed to make my heart race.. I cleared my throat.

                “Well, I plan on actually watching this and not talking! It’s my favorite!” I said sending him a look that said ‘so be quiet’.

                In his best girly voice, he replied, “Oh, girl. Liam Hemsworth’s body? Whew!” I bent over, my sides hurting from the strength of my laugh.

                I wiped a tear from my eye and nodded in agreement. “Shh, shh! Here it is!” I said pointing to the sudden view of Miley Cyrus in front us.

                Sam repositioned his arm around me and I molded into it, perfectly. In that moment, I swear we were infinite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
Scholar By ☆

Teen Fiction

1M 40.2K 30
[COMPLETED] [Warning: Strong language used throughout the book.] He put his hand over my notebook and the other over mine. I glared up at him, his go...
8.8M 316K 124
> > ♡ < < "Hi, I'm here for the job interview," I said nervously while looking at the most handsome man I've ever seen. His dark ash brown hair was...
5.9K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...