Humerous Temptations - DarkHu...

By Celestial_Keeper

Life always has a way of keeping one on the path of their destiny. For Classic, he was lazy. He was often al... More

๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฃ๐”€๐“ธ
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฎ
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“•๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐”
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท

๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ

378 25 27
By Celestial_Keeper

 By the next morning, Classic had found himself waking closer to noon. It left his body a bit heavy as he shifted his feet over the edge, letting them press along the cool wood. Rising, he rocked briefly before peering into the mirror stationed along his wall. Taking note of his appearance. He was truly a wreck. His dark eyes and expression that said 'I lack sleep and happiness'. Rubbing his hands along his skull, he wandered toward the door, pulling it free as he descended the stairwell, not paying mind to the countless cats that circled him.

He had reached the bottom floor, taking note of the many customers that were seated around, leaving Classic to contemplate heading back upstairs. But he still had duties. He couldn't simply ignore them. It ultimately left him to grab a spare apron as he tied it, forcing a small smile as he entered the cafe from the back.

The sounds of the door seemed to alert Ccino, who was ringing up an order. It wasn't hard for Classic to notice that Ccino was behind. That he had yet to be able to serve the drinks to those that already paid. It ultimately left Classic to pick up the tray, ignoring the concerned glance from his friend. He appreciated the kindness, truly. But working was a way to ease his mind. Maybe it would allow him to forget the thoughts that weighed on him. If only...

He knew full well that nothing would change his situation. He was caught in a web and there wasn't an escape. He could run from the problems, but even he knew they would catch up. They always did.

Stopping at the designated tables, Classic passed off the drinks. He honestly wanted to just curl back up. Even so, he approached the last table of the current orders, setting the drink down before he seemed to hear a familiar voice. One that didn't cause him fear, but almost a small hint of hope. As if that hope meant a thing. Fun fact; it didn't. "Classic... You look unwell today. Is everything okay after the past incidents?"

Classic pondered an answer, sighing low as he nodded, just hoping to avoid conversation. He was especially tired today. "I'm fine. Just not sleeping properly."

"That's bad for your health... Have you tried sleeping supplements?" There was a lingering silence, Classic nodding. In truth, Classic once took sleeping aids. Some powerful ones. But he started becoming dependent on them and with his lows in life, he'd even attempted to take too many. Ccino had caught on and stopped him, but he had been close in the past. "You know, I'm here to listen if anything's wrong. You don't have to be afraid to come to the police."

If only Dream knew. It left Classic in a lingering silence before he found his words, venom laced into each one. He hadn't intended to snap back, but he couldn't deny that he was oddly irked with people prying into his matters. He'd found himself in his situation, so it wasn't for anyone else to involve themselves. "No offense, but I don't need the police. Never have. Never will."

"Classic... The police are here to help. I don't want to pry, but-"

"Then don't. I'm leaving to get back to working. If you're needed, you'll know." Dream stayed silent, nodding as he stared toward the table. It left Classic to turn on his heels, marching toward the back before Ccino caught him along the way, concern and confusion present.

"Classic... Are you alright? Where are you going?" Truthfully, Classic wanted air. He wanted to get away. Away from the people. Away from the eyes. In truth, he wanted to get away from life; but that was harder said than done.

"I'm getting some fresh air. I'm still not at my best today, Ccino..." The other seemed to understand, viewing Classic undo his apron before it was placed on the counter. Without another word, Classic wandered toward the back, slipping into the alley beyond. It left Ccino alone, his expression laced in a sorrow that was so foreign to a face that normally held such a calming smile.

As for Classic, he had wandered through the alleys, remaining from the main streets. Why? Who knows. Maybe it was the concept that not many stayed in the alleys. Maybe it was something else. Either way, he found himself carrying on for some time, ignoring how the skies seemed to cloud and that winter chill seemed to pick back up. At some point Classic had grown tired of walking, choosing to lean along a wall in silence.

He simply peered above, peaking past the roofs overhead. Viewing the graying skies that were a good description of his emotions. Of what he felt. In truth, he felt countless things. Anger. Fear. Anxiety. He felt it all. It was just like back then. Back when Classic held such bad habits. Whether it be smoking or something more hidden and long lasting. It only proved he'd sunk far into the abyss of the world, dragged below the edge of sanity.

That said, it left him considering the idea. To welcome back one of the habits that he'd disposed of long ago. Back when he'd met Ccino. It wasn't like smoking killed him. He didn't technically have lungs. But it didn't mean that it didn't burn. It did in fact leave a trace of heat along his frame and at times, left a sort of burn that was hard to ignore. A burn that in truth, made Classic feel alive at times. But it had been such a long time since he'd ever taken a drag of a cigarette. He'd not bought them since he stopped smoking as a whole by request of Ccino. Which only left Classic to sigh in a heavy manner, his head tapping along the brick behind him.

"I hate the world sometimes... Such a piece of shit place with nothing good about it..." Those words were simply spoken in the moment. More for himself than anything. It was probably why he was startled when a voice spoke up and returned a comment. A voice that left his day only seeming to get worse as he peered toward Nightmare with malice.

"There's good, you just haven't found it." If only Classic had the nerve to punch the other. He so desired to let his fist hit that arrogant expression.

"Don't believe I asked for the peanut gallery to speak. What do you even want anyway? Wasn't tormenting me yesterday enough? Are you into stalking now?" Nightmare let his expression shift into something unreadable, leaving Classic honestly waiting to be attacked. But it didn't happen. Instead, he found Nightmare leaning along the wall beside him.

"I'm not stalking you, I was just cautious with that cop being inside the cafe." Classic scoffed, rolling his pinpricks.

"That's stalking..."

"Call it what you want, Classic. Just be glad I'm not in the mood today to hurt you." There was a long pause, Classic narrowing his sockets as he scowled. He pushed off the wall momentarily, facing Nightmare with a look he didn't think he'd ever wear. It left him considering Nightmare's words the prior day. Maybe Classic was stupid. Maybe he really wanted a fight, even if he knew he'd lose.

"You know what... Fuck off. You aren't in the mood to hurt me? You really have a stick lodged so far up your ass, don't you?" Nightmare seemed to stay silent, his eyes widening briefly. Only a fraction or so before he returned back to his usual expression. "Don't you have anything better to do, then to just make my life hell? I tried to save you thinking you needed help that night, but I should have left you in that alley. Ignored you like anyone else would have done. I was trying to be nice. I always try to be nice and the world thanks me by fucking me over!"

"Clas-"

"Don't say my name... You're not my friend. You're nothing but my tormentor, so just do whatever... I don't care anymore. Make my life hell. Hurt me. Hell, kill me if that makes you feel all powerful. I'm just so tired... Of everything." Those words left Nightmare in a terrible silence. One that made his expression a bit more readable. He couldn't hold contact with Classic, his eyes diverting elsewhere as he opened his mouth once. Twice. So many times, without a single word falling into the open. He simply didn't know what to say. Not with witnessing Classic's sudden breakdown. "I'm just exhausted from this life of endless bad luck... I can't ever seem to get away from terrible things, no matter how hard I try to."

Those words alone allowed Nightmare the voice to speak, his words a lot calmer than he ever expected. More gentle than Nightmare figured he was capable of. "I didn't know you were trying to save me then... I was simply hung over the concept that you might bring me to the police. It was my single fear that caused my actions."

"How do you explain the after effects? The threatening?" Nightmare shrugged, not really sure how to answer it. Truthfully, that was simply who he was. He was a criminal and it just made his actions suit the character. It wasn't like he was always a terrible individual. No one was. Everyone started out on the top; it was just that criminals fell. They tumbled and tripped, failing to keep their spots and becoming something less from what they once were.

"I- Look, I won't deny those words. I said them. But you have to understand, I'm wanted. You bringing me up would get me caught and I feared that. Worried that I'd be arrested and I'd leave a certain few behind. We all have things we love, after all." Classic was still scowling, but he nodded, sighing loudly.

"That doesn't excuse your actions... You threatened the life of my brother. I should have told the police... I had every chance to and there was a good chance I would have made it out unscathed." Nightmare couldn't deny those words, leaving him to rub his chin, how words like a quiet whisper.

"Why didn't you?" Those words left Classic silent, his gaze lingering along Nightmare's frame. It left the other a bit tense in the silence before he heard the words that left him speechless. Words that offered no answers at all, but also offered everything.

"I'm not sure. There was just a part of me that couldn't do it, knowing you'd be in trouble..." Nightmare let his gaze shift toward Classic for a time, viewing how the other shifted his focus to the sky. It left Nightmare to do the same, ignoring the winter chill as he spotted the small flake that fell before them, followed by a light mixture of many others. "I hate you, Nightmare. You're the worst individual I've encountered. But I can't deny that a part of me had this desire to forgive. I always offer chances to those that don't deserve them. Call me what you will, but that's who I am. I'm nowhere near perfect and broken, but I cling to a kindness that I desperately wish I could throw away."

Nightmare once more viewed Classic, who raised his hands, catching a few flakes before his gaze met with Nightmares. How those eyes said a whole lot. Said a whole story that Nightmare took in. Those eyes that lived countless troubles and still carried on to this day. Those sockets so sorrowful and lost, yet still brimming with a slumbering joy that had been locked away. Guarded completely. "You're too nice for your own good, then. It could get you hurt someday."

"Truthfully, that doesn't shock me. I'm always troubled. Bad luck seems to adore me." The way Classic looked at Nightmare left him silent. Left both in a different sort of air as they remained in the alleyway as the snow continued to fall lightly. Seemed to kiss their frames and the chill grabbed their bodies. It ultimately left Nightmare with his own thoughts. A curiosity that he shared in the very moment they shared.

"You asked earlier why I was here... I came to honestly correct my actions." Classic lowered his arms, giving an uncertain glance.

"Why the change of heart?"

"Because of those I call family. I figured we both have those that we don't want to put at risk. That's why, I was planning to leave you after I got the chance to speak with you. Let you go about life... You know, without me breathing down your neck." Classic gave a short nod, leaving Nightmare to continue. "Which is why I'm asking you to forget you helped me. Keep this whole thing quiet and I won't bother you again."

"Are you being truthful, or lying to me?" Nightmare frowned, sighing.

"I'm telling the truth. I already got a long rant from someone close, so I'm backing off under their words." Classic took a moment to comprehend those words, a look cresting his expression that Nightmare couldn't distinguish.

"I see. I'm glad then. You're still an asshole, though." Nightmare gave a light laugh, nodding slowly.

"I figured."

"But, I appreciate the words. Your honesty. As well as an ear to listen. I feel a bit better, truthfully." Nightmare seemed to offer a small hint of a smile, leaving Classic to continue. "I'll keep this whole thing silent, alright?"

"It's appreciated. I guess it's goodbye then." Nightmare pushed off the wall, lingering a few feet before he stopped when Classic spoke up, that voice calm and much different from earlier. It was just a hint more friendly in comparison.

"Take care and you're always welcome at the cafe for a drink or two. That is, if you're a paying customer." Those words left Nightmare to turn on his heels, viewing Classic as he walked back off toward the cafe, leaving Nightmare with a more noticeable smile. He couldn't help but laugh to himself, turning back around as he kept on his path. Kept on the route that would take him to the main road. Even so, he let his words fall in a whisper to no one but himself. Words for only himself to hear and embrace as he headed off into the growing winter's icy hold.

"I'll consider it in due time, Classic... Maybe we can start fresh next time we meet... I wonder."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy the chapter and please leave feedback. Always appreciated! <3

Also, Nightmare correcting his wrongs. Who would have thought. Wonder who scolded him, hm? XD

Have a finished image I did <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 467 20
After becoming friends with none other than the guardians of the tree of feelings, you realize more things are going on than the guardians care to re...
52.3K 1.5K 22
Y/N was a human from a brand new AU...which was practically nothing. They were eventually rescued by the Star Sanses...only to be taken prisoner by t...
41K 2.4K 23
โชผA life where our beloved [Reader/REDACTED] died a very.. 'Fun' death. โชผupon realizing their death, they'd realize that they reincarnated into error...
Sans AUs - Oneshots By JJ

Mystery / Thriller

3.2K 37 24
Sans AUs oneshots! Yay. - Everything you need to know is in the first chapter/part. - - COVER DRAWN BY ME! - - Ranks; 1 in #themultiverse !! 55 in #s...