The Secrets We Wanna Keep ||...

By ghosty_boo69

Bruce Wayne (The Batman) x Gender neutral reader ---- Y/n has worked for the Wayne Enterprise for 4 years and... More

Read this before reading the FF!!
About the reader
Chapter one - Pilot
Chapter two - Relaxing
Chapter four - The Batman
Chapter Five - Jealous
Chapter six - BATMAN?!
Chapter seven - shopping date?🤭
Chapter eight - pay attention to the road!!
THANK FOR 100 VIEWS AND 16 VOTES!!
Chapter nine - the gala is tomorrow
⚠️Chapter ten - Prescriptions⚠️
⚠️Chapter eleven - Harper!⚠️
⚠️Chapter twelve - Hospital⚠️
AAH THANK U SO MUCH FOR 1k VIEWS AND 91 VOTES!!
Chapter thirthteen - 5:34AM
Chapter fourteen - Its Gala Time!
Chapter fiftheen - Its Gala Time! Pt. 2
Chapter sixteen - aw fuck
Chapter seventeen - kidnapped?!
Chapter eighteen - hours, hours, hours...
THANK YOU FOR 4K!!
THANK Y FOR 5K AND 200 VOTES!!
THANK YOU FOR 6K!!
THANK U FOR 7K!!
Hiatus
Not a chapter update (sorry)

Chapter three - pretty early call

1.9K 52 6
By ghosty_boo69

-next morning-

You wake up hearing your phone vibrating on your dresser. You sit up, stretching, and rubbing your eyes. You picked up your phone and see that Bruce was calling you. You answer.

"What time is it? Feels early," You say, yawning.

"It's 6am," He says,"I tried calling you around 7pm but you didn't answer so I assumed you went to sleep hopefully?"

You did go to sleep, you don't when you went to sleep but it did feel like you had a good deep slumber. Best sleep of your life.

"I think I did," You replied,"I feel like I got the best sleep I have ever had in years, still feeling tired though,"

"I mean you haven't gotten sleep for the past week so I would assume you would still be tired," He says, laughing and you laughed too. You then felt your eyes become heavy as you yawn.

"Yeah well...thanks for calling," You say, laying back down on your side.

"I'm always here for you," Bruce says, his voice calm and deep. It made you feel relaxed.

"Mm," you hum as you close your eyes and drift to sleep. You don't know when Bruce hung up.

-couple hours later-

You wake up and quickly check the time. It was 3:20pm. God this is the best sleep but yet I still feel like shit. You decided to get up and go to the kitchen where you see Harper sitting on the counter on her phone. She turns to you.

"Oh hey sleepy head!" She says, giving you a smile. You give her a small wave, rubbing your eyes, still a little sleepy.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" You ask as you make your way to the coffee maker.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," She replies, you roll your eyes in response and start making yourself coffee,"No, I'm not going to work because I was worried about you, you didn't wake up for work today and you just kinda slept while Bruce Wayne was calling you," she explains as you lean against the counter while your coffee cup fills up,"I answered one time to say hi and he said to call him back,"

"You answered!?" You asked, not okay with her just entering your room and deciding to just answer your fucking phone.

"We'll yeah you missed like 5 of his calls," She says, so causally,"He calls you a lot, says your taking the week off and shit, seems like he's genuinely worried,"

Harper gives you the Lenny face as you once again roll your eyes.

"He's just a good guy," you reply as you pour creamer into your coffee. Harper laughs at this.

"Probably extra good to you," She replies, kicking her legs back and fourth,"Anyways you should call him and talk to the doctor, I can help sense I have the day off,"

"Right," you reply, taking a sip of your coffee burning your tongue because it was hot. Ouch. You then take out your phone and call Bruce who almost picks up instantly.

"You fell asleep on call this morning," Bruce teases. You breath a laugh.

"We'll I said I was tired," You replied, taking a sip of your coffee.

"Did you just wake up?" He asks.

"No, I mean yes, yes and no, I woke up 10 minutes ago," I explain to him. I heard him chuckle.

"So you haven't planned something with your doctor?" Bruce asks.

"Well no duh, your the one who told me to get sleep so that's what I've been doing!" You defend yourself. Your weren't lying he told you to relax and get sleep and that's what your doing.

"But I planned a doctor appointment!" Harper yells,"Your going to have the appointment at 4:30pm,"

You checked the time it was 3:3opm.

"Thanks Harper," You say with a smile.

"Your welcome," she says, turning back to her phone,"Tell Bruce I said Hi, I'm gonna go to the store,"

Harper gets off the counter and walks into her room.

"Harper says hi," You said to Bruce, while Harper walks out of her room with her wallet.

"Tell her I said hi back," Bruce replies.

"Harper! Bruce says hi back!" You yell to her. You heard her laugh.

"Great! I'll be back!" She yells as You hear the door shut.

"I heard a door shut," Bruce says as you go over and sit down on your couch.

"Yeah she just left to the grocery store," you reply, laying back on your couch, sinking into the comfortability of the couch.

"And you didn't go with her?" He says.

"Well no, I'm on call with you and I'm supposed to stay home," You reply, furrowing your eyebrows.

"I said take the week off, relax, and sleep! Not just stay home and never go out," He says, clearly worried your not getting enough sunshine or activity. You sigh.

"Alright alright, fine, next time I'll go," You reply, possibly lying, but how the fuck is he going to know,"Just think a grocery store is boring,"

"Then go to the gala with me," He says. You were taken back by this sudden topic.

"What? That sounds even worse, I'd take the grocery store over the gala," You replied, taking a sip of your coffee,"Less will talk to me at the grocery store,"

"Well, I need a plus one," Bruce says as you felt your face heat up. Is he...asking me out?

"Why are you asking me this?" You ask, wanting to say honestly say yes but hesitant,"So many other people would want to go with you, I mean girls at work specifically and would be so much better at communicating with other people,"

"Well one, I don't know them or feel as comfortable around them as I do with you," He explains as you felt butterflies emerge in your stomach,"Two, your the best communicator there is! Your good at your job and know how to talk about it, you'd be perfect," then he sighs,"But if you don't want to go I understand, I'm not going to pressure you into something your not comfortable with,"

You feel he gives you too much credit for things your not good at it. But being with him at the event was great and you two haven't hanged out in awhile sense your depression and anxiety hit so maybe this was a good idea.

"Alright, I'll go," You replied, feeling nervous but ignored it. Maybe it'll be good for me.

"Perfect," Bruce said, his voice cherry, I could feel his wide smile,"I'll send over a stylist to help you pick an outfit, suit, dress, whatever you want and-"

"Woah woah woah! Bruce stop," You interrupt,"I don't want a whole team of people helping me pick out something I can do myself," you explain, as you take a last sip of your coffee and stand up from the couch,"Just send me pictures of what people usually wear at the event and I can do the rest myself," You walk to the kitchen and set your cup in the sink,"I prefer it that way, then I won't feel like a child,"

Bruce hummed in agreement.

"How about we go together? Just you and me," He asks, sounding excited about it being just use. You wash your cup as your butterflies flew around your stomach, also being excited.

"Hm, yeah I wouldn't mind that," You reply, as you set your cup on the drying rack.

"Perfect! Tomorrow? 1pm?" He asks, and you look at my calendar.

"Yeah that works for me," You reply, as you grew excited for tomorrow already feeling like you couldn't wait.

"Great, I'll pick you up, make sure to wear something you can easily slip on and off," He explains,"We'll be trying things on,"

Bruce sounded so excited, even though his voice was still calm and soft spoken, it was a little higher.

"Alright sounds good," You reply, leaning against the counter,"It's been awhile since we planned something like this huh?"

"It has and I'm very excited for it," He says as you feel your cheeks heat up,"I got business to do, so I'll see you tomorrow at 1pm and take care yourself,"

"Thanks Bruce, you as well," You replied as he then hung up. You check the time and saw you have 10 minutes before your doctor appointments. Better go now.

———————————————————————————

WOOOO damn lots of words here about 1400 words god damn I'm a god. Lmao I mean that's what it feels like. Btw if you wanna give me a song of the day suggestion send me a song you really like, I'll listen to it and add it if I like it :))
I'm currently in my car waiting for school to began with a sick ass look I think...It's an alt style so
If you guys have any requests, suggestions, etc. please tell me!! I love to hear it :))
That you for reading!! Hoped you enjoyed!!

Song of the day: touch tone telephone - Lemon Demon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 36K 87
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...
59.8K 1.9K 25
❝ i've always wanted you. I never moved my eyes away from you. ❞ ✅ finished: 5/30/17
127 4 5
"Why didn't you unmask me? I mean, I was passed out. You could have done anything and I couldn't have resisted," Y/N's answer was immediate. "You wea...
30.6K 843 16
Y/n l/n. In her world she was one of the most beloved superheroes. With the power to jump through dimensions, and even create her own, she is easily...