Anthony's Diamond (Anthony Br...

By SunglassQueenB

Following the first season of Netflix's series Bridgerton; Viscount Anthony Bridgerton has vowed to marry... More

1. The Diamond Veronica
2. Viscount Bridgerton
3. Dancing
4. The Dress Shop
5. The Bridgerton Estate
6. Panic
7. A Diagnosis
8. An Old Friend
9. Conversations
10. Unbelievable
11. The Sun and the Moon
12. The Callers are Waiting
13. Confusingly Beautiful Arguments
14. With Every High there Must be a Low
15. Conversations and Chaperones
16. Lunch at the Bridgerton Estate
17. Conflicted Feelings
18. A New Point of View
19. Red
20. One of My Favorite Places
21. A Promise
22. A New Proposition
23. Night Terrors
24. Painting the Morning Sun
25. Just Let Me Hold You Now
26. I Believe I am in Love With You
27. Heartbreaking News
28. A Different Type of Party
29. An Unimaginable Life
30. I Choose Red
31. All I See Is Red
32. And With That He Is Gone
33. A Proper Proposal
35. The World Turned Upside Down
36. Wedding Planning
37. The Big Day
38. The Ceremony

34. The Devil's Seal

3.6K 82 0
By SunglassQueenB

   In response to his kiss, to his sweet and charming forehead kiss- in my reaction to the butterflies in my stomach, I kiss him back. A deep kiss on the lips, one made of passion and fueled by frustration. One without a care for anyone else in this damn ball. Too confused by the queen's remark, too overwhelmed to care, I deepen the kiss.

"Anthony," I moan as we both take a breath for air not giving myself time to truly think, "I want you, now,"

With a quick pause from Anthony out of carful hesitation and need for reassurance I nod my head, trying to persuade him that I truly am ready. That this won't take away my honor, if anything killing a man has already done that, but here I am scot free. From there he picks me up and I curl my legs around his body. We then crash through one of the closest rooms quickly locking the door behind us.

"I know how to make you feel better," Anthony growls setting me down of the sofa conveniently placed in the room.

"I know you do my Lord," I cry back tearing his shirt off of him, managing to rip of two buttons entirely.

"You're so beautiful, my future Viscountess Bridgerton," He moans bringing our lips together once more before helping my dress off.

Every touch of his hand, every glide of his fingers across the fabric of my dress, across my skin, causes an urge from me like never before. His touch on my skin, my bare skin, untouched my man, couldn't feel more welcoming and natural.

"You have asked for my approval, but are you sure you're ready for this dance with me this time?" I ask remembering the last time we became intimate, how he wouldn't allow it to go any further. Not just for me, but for my honor.

"With my future bride I could never be more delighted," He smirks massaging his fingers over my undergarments.

We then continue to kiss, the heat of his breath lighting up my insides.

"Hello is anyone in there?" A voice yells from outside the room along with a rattle on the door handle.

"Shit," Anthony mutters under his breath grabbing for his now ripped shirt and coat.

"Gods," I groan pulling back up the dress that lays on the floor, grabbing for my shoes.

"Hello, yes one moment please!" Anthony yells in an annoyed tone, rewarding himself with a glare from me.

"Why would you let them know that we are in here?" I whisper through gritted teeth tripping to get my shoes back on, looking for an escape that is much more... proper.

"Maybe if they were to have a key they wouldn't have been so kind to give us a second to wait outside," He argues buttoning up his coat.

"But what if he didn't have a key and he would have just gone away, we would be in the clear," I hiss playfully hitting him on the stomach, "What am I to do if we are found like this. We still need the Queens approval,"

"The window-"

"The window?" I whisper yell at him, "You want us to escape through the window?"

"We are on the first floor the worst that can happen is a fall into some rose bushes," He continues trying to calm me, "And it would just be you making the trip, he already heard my voice,"

"I am going to kill you. Before I have a chance to marry you, I am going to kill you-"

"Veronica Kingston are you in there? It's Luke Chambers," The voice from the hall rings once more.

"Luke?" I exclaim out loud, "I will not be sailing out of a window today Anthony, I trust Luke to act on any suspicions,"

Without giving Anthony a second to object I run to the door and open it.

"Luke, how- how did you know that I was in here?" I ask trying to not pay attention to my disheveled hair.

"I saw you and Anthony crash in not more than 10 minutes ago on my way to the washroom. I figured on my way out I would check in on you before someone else would have had the honor. The walls in these halls are thinner than you two might think," Luke warns and my face inflames into a bright red.

  "Oh..." I shyly reply patting down my dress.

  "Can we talk?"

  "Yes," I quietly reply after looking back at Anthony, "Yes come in,"

"Viscount Bridgerton," Luke addresses as he walks in the room.

"Earl Chambers," Anthony huskily replies still trying to put himself back together.

"To what do we owe this... honor Luke?" I butt in, used to his presence more than many others.

"I found a letter, addressed to your father from my deceased cousin. I was working through his finances and stumbled upon it. I figured you should be the one to open it," He explains handing me a piece of parchment sealed with Stephan's wax emblem, "I would have given it to you earlier, but I just found it last night,"

  "Oh..," I weakly reply accepting the paper from his him.

  I can't open it. Not right now. Not right here. Not with this pressure, these eyes on me- even if they are the eyes of some of my favorite people in the world.

  "Are you going to open it Veronica?" Anthony asks, his voice now serious as he addresses me by my first name.

  I don't reply I continue to stare at it, my hands start to tremble.

  "Veronica," Anthony repeats gently placing his hand on my arm.

  "I can't..." I mumble carefully pulling myself away. Not taking my eye off of the wax seal I walk over to the window. The one that not minutes ago I was to jump out of it anyone but Luke were to be knocking on the door, "Not with company at least.

  "But-" Anthony starts to rebuttal like his stubborn self would.

  "Lord Bridgerton, shall we return to the ballroom?" Luke strictly demands, his question not phrased as one as he allows no room for discussion.

  "I..."Anthony begins as I feel his eyes pierce on me only to stop his phrase, "We will be in the ballroom when you need us,"

  With that I hear footsteps and the sound of the door closing behind me, my eyes still glued on the seal.

  I'm tempted to star a fire, to rip the letter and Stephan's disgraceful seal into a million pieces. The symbol itself digs salt into my wounds. The memory of the man who caused me so much pain, addressed to one whom has done the same.

  Instead of destroying the parchment I leave it tact in curiosity, and continue to spit on it. I then slowly begin to peel the devil's seal only to stop as if it is stuck on with magic.

  "I can't..." I whisper to myself, my heart crumbling inside of me. Not sure what else to do I told the parchment up and slip it into my corset, saving our stare down for later.

  Giving myself a second to let my breath return I glance into a mirror placed in the room, desperately trying to fix my hair, to make the braided pulled up masterpiece somewhat return to its original glory.

  Satisfied enough, ignoring the single dried tear that ran down my face, I leave the room in silence.

  The walk back to the ballroom hurts. It's as though the letter is weighing down my whole body, causing my heart to throb, and my instincts to go numb.

  "Lady Kingston are you alright?" Lady Danbury asks as our paths meet.

  Words do not automatically come to me, I tremble for a second before even a peep is allowed to escape, "I- I am quite alright thank you," I politely manage to answer.

  "You don't look so," She replies grabbing for my hand, sounding as assertive and judgmental in the best way possible as ever, "What is wrong?"

  "I am just overwhelmed. First night back without any of my parents, first night back without Lord Chambers," I continue, trying to hide the tremor in my voice.

   "That man was evil. I heard the stories, that's why I helped you in the garden that night," She explains, "How he ended up entangled with you I will never know,"

  "I never believed someone could be so until I met him," I shortly reply trying not to sound improper, "Seems he poisoned my father along the way,"

  "But here you are now. With a Bridgerton, Anthony Bridgerton of all things. I never expected him to set standards enough for anyone real. Yet somehow he ended up engaged with you my dear. You should be happy, you look happy and as stubborn as that man may be I can see the way he looks at you. He is in love,"

  "I would hope so, that was my mother's only wish before she died,"

  "Your mother was a beautiful soul," Lady Danbury continues, "And like me, should would approve of the man you are to marry,"

  "I just hope the Queen finds my match sufficient enough,"

  "The Queen likes a show. Above all else I believe you have given her one. If your marriage isn't approved right away there are ways to continue on. But I would not fret my dear,"

  "Lady Danbury... the queen asked me a question earlier this evening and I can't get it out of my mind. Possibly you could help me understand it,"

  "What is the question?"

  "She asked if I would have chosen Duke Chamber's over Viscount Bridgerton- if they were both alive today. Is that another piece in her drama filled puzzle? I just don't understand why she would ask, why she would put me in the vulnerable position to choose,"

  "The Queen has her reasons and they do not always make sense. Like I explained she likes drama, loves a story when it does not harm her. She probably was looking for closure,"

  "Well I am not sure if I enjoy being her pawn. I am not the perfect girl the spotted me out to be,"

  "But you do shine my dear,"

  "I still can't understand it. I'm not diamond material and throughout this season I have done more than enough to prove it. Why does she still ask of me through this all?"

  "Closure Veronica, she wants to know that she won. It seems that you have done so in your love for Anthony, in her book that is an accomplishment. At lease it should be,"

  Pausing for a moment to gather my thoughts I then speak my goodbye, "Thank you Lady Danbury. You have done well at easing my thoughts and I must now return to my fiancé,"

  "It was my pleasure. Enjoy the rest of your night my dear and congratulations on the proposal,"

  Taking her words carefully I walk back to the ballroom. The noise of the violins, cellos, and the rest of the orchestra strengthens with every step that I take. A classic is playing, one that has been sung for generation. One my mother used to sing the notes to, as if she was welcoming me back, telling me that everything is okay despite the burning letter placed inside of my corset.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 98 11
π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 𝑰 π’ˆπ’ π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’šπ’π’– π’ˆπ’? π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 π’˜π’† π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒃𝒆 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒉, π’•π’‚π’Œπ’† π’Žπ’† οΏ½...
121K 3.3K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of WΓΌrttemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...
154K 3.9K 23
Kathryn Bishop had a great life. She grew up with loving and supportive parents and a younger sister who she got along with. Mr and Mrs. Bishop were...
17.5K 571 12
The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Strathearn, Charlotte and Benedict Bridgerton, find themselves on the brink of new adventures as they confront the c...