𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… π‘π„πˆ...

Av sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... Mer

Welcome
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Three

2.5K 80 18
Av sadgirlzera

Reid's chauffeur drove passed through the gates of Golden Skies Academy. The Range Rover parked in front of the Trident Hall, along with all the other expensive cars. Even though 10 years had passed, the academy still looked the same.

"Sir, Charlotte wants to remind you to come back with a potential girlfriend. She doesn't want you to die alone," The chauffeur said, his phone in his hand. Reid rolled his eyes, adjusting the bow tie that sat around his neck. "Tell her to fuck off,"

He opened his door and stepped out, soon making his way to the building. After going through security, he finally found himself at the Reunion. Dozens of people surrounded them, people that he remembered even though it had been a decade. It was crazy to think the kids were now married, or parents. There was a live band playing classical music as waiters passed around champagne and appetizers. Golden Skies was the #1 Private Institute in New York, the students and former students were treated like royalty.

"Reid?" He heard his name being called, and he turned around, coming face to face with Jasmine. "You son of a bitch!" She cursed before pulling him into a hug, as he chuckled.

"I called you every day and you never responded," She said, flipping her braids over her shoulder and crossing her arms. "Come on Jas, that's not true. I responded when I could. I was very busy in Italy. Not as busy as you because you're getting married in three weeks," He said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Your wedding couldn't come at a better fucking time,"

"I don't give a fuck if the timing is hard for you. You'll be there," She said, smiling to herself. "It's in Dubai, Reid. I'm gonna shake my ass on a yacht in Dubai,"

"Is it isn't the famous Italian painter who is also the youngest self-made billionaire!" Riley and Tiffany exclaimed, before pulling him into a hug.

Suddenly, the newest Prada heels clicked effortlessly on the expensive marble sending chills down Reid's back. Not many people could cause a room to silence itself with just their presence. He was mesmerized again, he knew the aurora of command and control Diana Samuels had. She didn't ask for things—no, she took them. It was no secret, the guests were ogling her beauty. She always knew how to make an entrance. After grabbing her sunglasses and placing them on her head, Kenneth walked in behind her, placing a kiss on her temple.

Plenty of people surrounded her, hoping to catch another conversation. They were all impressed with what she had done after high school, and they knew the power she held. They wanted to be associated with it. She was the IT girl of the academy, and was the Defense Attorney of New York. She even married the Mayor of New York city, this couple was the epitome of control. Reid looked Kenneth up and down with dark eyes, who the hell was this man and how did she fall in love with him? What did he have that made her say yes?

With a flexed jaw, he couldn't help but tear his eyes away from them, while Riley offered him a small smile.

"Did you know she was married?"

"She's been married—," Riley stopped herself, before her eyes widened, earning a sigh from Tiffany. "I forgot, you weren't at the wedding,"

"When was the wedding?" He found himself asking. Tiffany shrugged, pressing her lips together. "I don't know if she-,"

"Tell me," He said, his eye twitching. Riley knew she had to tell him. When Reid was angry, he was a completely different person. He was a man that everyone knew not to mess with. In Italy, he had gotten in so many altercations and bar fights, that he couldn't count them all. Obviously, with his lean muscles and his height, the men didn't even stand a chance.

"Diana and Kenneth had a wedding in Hawaii about 4 years ago. It was a small wedding, he wasn't the Mayor and she wasn't the DA yet. She was the first one to get married from our friend group—I just forgot she didn't invite you," He gritted his teeth together, playing with the cuff links on his suit. This was something he did when he was trying to calm down his anger. "Who else was there?"

"It was a quiet wedding, only a few people were invited. Oprah, Anna Hathaway, Chris Hemsworth, Micheal B. Jordan, Selena Gomez, Brad Pitt-," Riley mumbled, drinking her champagne.

"Yeah, definitely small," He said once she walked away. His eyes landed on Diana who was facing away from him, why the fuck was he not invited? He had bittersweet feelings, even though they weren't together, he still cared deeply for her. Getting married was a big step in her life and he wasn't there for it.

"I'm sure she had her reasons, don't think too much about it. I mean, you did host formals in Italy and you never invited her," Tiffany assured, earning a confused look from the man who towered over her.

"Is that what she told you because I always did, she never came," He stated before she shrugged apologetically. "Don't focus on her tonight, let's just have fun. We haven't seen you in ages,"

He nodded slowly, soon following Tiffany to the table with the rest of the group. "Isn't that the one guy from Italy, Reid Maxwell? That's his name right?" Lucas asked, as he and Dexter stood up from their seats.

Reid chuckled, pulling the two men in for a hug before sitting across from them. "What's with the British accent?"

"Why are you taking the piss? You lot are moving mad,"

"My guy went to England for three years and came back speaking like the Queen," Jasmine said. In front of them, were empty plates that were begging to be served with food. The time was 8:15, which meant the waiters would be serving dinner in 15 minutes.

"Reid, I was looking for you," A voice entered his ears, and he turned back, spotting Kimberly who aimed at him. "I just heard about your expansion, it's crazy,"

"Thank you, how are you? I haven't seen you in ten years," He said, before she sighed, running her hand through her dark hair. "I'm doing well, it's great that you asked," her diamond ring evident on her ring finger.

"You married too? Is your husband here?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"No, I realized I was into girls about 8 years ago," Kimberly chuckled, as Jasmine raised her eyebrows. "Damn, Kim. You should call me sometime,"

"I've got a wife now," She said, awkwardly as Jasmine sighed and took a sip of her water. "You're getting married in two weeks, Jas," Lucas said, his eyes narrowing in confusion.

"My fiancé is in Guatemala and I need my pussy eaten," She shrugged, before sighing. "I'm just kidding. I can't do anymore city girl shit, I actually like my fiancé,"

Kimberly looked back at Reid. "I should get going, but it's as nice seeing you,"

"Likewise," He said, and the woman walked off. Suddenly, the lights turned down and a man walked onto the stage, grabbing the attention. Reid recognized the man, he was the principal when he was there.

"Damn, that man still principal?"

"He needs to focus his attention on the wrinkles next to his eyes rather than the academy," Jasmine said, making the entire table chuckle.

"Hello everyone, it is so great to see you here again. First, I would like to thank you all for coming. We understand the journey back may have been tough since you all live across the world now but it is appreciated," Principal Wilson muttered.

"I would like to honor the presence of Mayor Samuels and his wife, Mrs. Diana Samuels. Diana was the class of 2019's Valedictorian and now she is the D.A and the first lady of New York City," He said, earning a round of applause for them. Reid's eyes traveled to her, and he noticed the way she placed her hand on Kenneth's chest. He was so disgusted, that he could gag.

That could have been him but he let her go all those years ago.

"And lastly, I would like to honor Mr. Reid Maxwell who is the youngest self-made billionaire in Europe only at 28. That is what I like to call hard work and dedication," Reid waved at his classmates, who cheered for him before his eyes met Diana's. When she realized he was looking at her, she began slowly clapping and he lifted his glass at her.

The music began playing and Principal Wilson walked off the stage. Kenneth grabbed his wife's hand and guided her to Reid's table, interested in talking to his business associate.  "Mr. Maxwell, what an interesting surprise,"

Diana looked around nervously, trying to avoid Reid and create an excuse to head to the bathroom.

"I assume your wife didn't tell you we went to school together?" The Maxwell asked, and the Mayor shook his head. "No, she didn't. Diana—honey, let's sit here. There are two seats left," Kenneth assured, pulling out a chair for his wife, across from Reid.

"Of course," Diana said, before smiling at her friends, pulling Riley, Tiffany, and Jasmine for hugs, mumbling how she missed them. She thanked her husband, sitting down in the chair before he followed next to her.

Reid kept his eyes on her until they settled on the glistening wedding ring on her finger. He scoffed to himself, shaking his head in disapproval. He could have bought her a ring that was 10x the size.

Meanwhile, The blonde played with the table napkin out of nervousness, feeling a certain pair of eyes burning into her skin. When she made the mistake of meeting his gaze, she could see the anger and the fury that he possessed.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

4.6M 142K 48
BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic teacher's bones, the secret billionaire...
21.3K 196 22
Mature content 18+ only BOOK 1 IN The Dominant series "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take...
129K 4.2K 57
(#1 in Lust - 16.11.22) Even though I was the one who initiated the kiss, I could tell that I was no longer in control. His large arms wrapped around...
817K 14.5K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...