Coffee Shop {a Nalu Novel}

By Jellalipop

Lucy, a rather new student at Fairy Tail High, spends most of her time in one specific location: the Coffee S... More

Chapter 1: Magnolia's school
Chapter 2: first and last
Chapter 3: First Visit
Chapter 4: Dont Worry
Chapter 6: Too Sick
Chapter 7: Cant help it
Chapter 8: Fatal Flaws
Chapter 9: Wh-where?
Chapter 10: I guess I am...
Chapter 11: Dragneel
Chapter 12: Mira's Outburst
Chapter 13: Everything you wanted
Chapter 14: Bruised
Chapter 15: Road Trip
Chapter 16: written in ink
Chapter 17: Burnt to ashes
Chapter 18: It was you

Chapter 5: The Mentors

8.1K 373 364
By Jellalipop

--- Lucy's POV ---

"Lu-chan!" Levy beamed as I walked into the classroom. "Happy Monday!"

I groaned and flop down in my seat. "How can you say something like that. Mondays' are not a joyous occasion."

She smiled, "I like learning."

"Oh I bet you do."

Mirajane and Lisanna walk over and sit in their seats in front of us. "Hello girls." Mira greeted and scooted her chair back so she could look at us, Lisanna did the same.

"Are you guys going to be working at the shop today?" I ask eagerly, wanting to go there again for... reasons.

"Elfman said he would take the shift." Lisanna informed, "I have a date with my boyfriend, Bickslow."

Levy wiggled her eyebrows at her.

"I just have a lot of AP homework." Mira sighed.

I glance over at the door as I see Gray walk in with his bag swung over his shoulder. He catches my eye and walks over.

"Where's Natsu?" Lisanna asked, looking up at the boy.

"He couldn't sleep last night so he's staying home." he shrugged.

"And you didn't try to stop him? He missed enough work as it is..." Mira scolded.

"Does it look like I care?" He narrowed his eyes and turned his attention to me. "Master Makarov asked for a volunteer to show you around the school. It meant missing out on classes so I'm your guy."

I smile and stood up from my seat. "Great. I don't want to learn about fish again."

He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "Oh Erza might be trailing us... she doesn't think I'm mature enough to show you around so... don't be scared."

"Oh." I smile nervously and wave goodbye to my friends before going Gray in the hallways.

"So this is the main hallway and-" he paused as he noticed a figure to our right. A boy with pink hair and dark circles under his eyes. "Natsu?"

"Yo." he said drowsily.

"What are you doing here?"

"I volunteered."

"For what?"

"To show her around." He said, pinging at me.

I blush and avoided eye contact awkwardly.

"But... I'm showing her around. I volunteered first flame brain."

"Correction I did. Yesterday, ice princess." Natsu sneered back stomping towards Gray.

Natsu might've been a tiny bit shorter than him but their were evenly matched no doubt.

"Guys." I intervened and pushed them apart awkwardly, not really understanding the problem. "You can both show me around."

"Good. We'll start with Juvia's first period." Gray said quickly and started strutting off down the hall like this was all according to his plan.

Natsu stood there next to me without saying a word, before starting down the hall. I followed them hesitantly. Natsu volunteered but he doesn't even attempt to talk to me...

"This is the math room." Gray said and opened the door, during the middle of a lesson. "Math class, meet Lucy. Lucy meet math class."

They all waved with uncertainty, except Juvia who was super ecstatic. Partially because of me, but I guessed it was Gray that really made her happy.

Gray closed the door and looked at us. "Where to now?"

"Maybe the Other classes she might use?" Natsu offered, giving out a yawn.

I frown as I remembered what Juvia had said yesterday. The fact that he never got sleep, because of his dad. I could relate, though I knew mine was never to come back ever. Natsu at least had a small chance.

"Yeah she only needed to see math." Gray rolled his eyes.

"You just wanted to see Juvia." Natsu smirked.

"Uh no, idiot." He obviously lied and turned away. "Lets go to the music wing."

"Sure." I smiled and matched my pace with him, looking back at Natsu as he hesitantly walked by my side.

Together, we walked down the hallway. Natsu barely talked to me, though I caught him staring at me from time to time like he does at the coffee shop. And still, I never found it creepy.

We made it to the said area, and I could already hear the band practicing their songs.

"Is there a piano room?" I ask and Gray nods, walking down the aisle to show me. Unfortunately there was someone already occupying the room. A girl with green hair and a boy with dark brown. The two were obviously a couple, as they were sitting close together, playing a duet. I smiled, it must've been nice.

"Do you guys play any instruments?" I ask, looking back at my two mentors.

Gray shakes his head, "No. I used to play bass guitar..."

"I play guitar." Natsu smiled slightly, "Electric and acoustic."

"Maybe I can hear you play sometime?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah." He nods, looking at the ground. "Anytime."

"Ugh." Gray interrupted, putting his hands over his ears. "I can hear Gajeel's guitar."

Natsu turned away from me and looked towards a room, not too far from here.

The two boys walked over with a groan and opened the door, I followed behind shyly.

"Hey metal head, get to class!" Natsu yelled over the dreadful music. "Your seat next to Levy was already taken."

I peek into the room as the guitar playing ceased. The man, gajeel, was scary, yes, but he had a very small look in his eyes that showed he could be a nice person.

"What was that? My music is great! I should be practicing it more than stupid science about fish." He snapped, placing his guitar down.

"I'm gonna tell Professor Happy you said that." Natsu teased.

"You act just like a five year old." Gray sighed and pulled Natsu back by his scarf before her could start a fight. "Leave him be, Idiot. Let Gajeel become more idiotic than you."

"Who's team are you on?"

Gray doesn't say anything else as he drags the pinkette out of the music wing, with me following behind.

I look down at Natsu to see him pouting. He also seemed a bit more tired which worried me.

"Do you need to go to the nurse? You look like you need to rest..." I mumble.

He shook his head and broke away from Gray. "I'm fine. I just need to walk it off."

Gray glanced back at him, but didn't say anything as he led us to other parts of the school.

"You should go home." Someone said behind us. I turned to see Erza, just like Gray said... she would be following us.

"I won't. So stop pestering me." Natsu scoffed, looking away from the president.

"Why did you even come here?" She continued.

"Because...." he started and turned to look at me. I looked at him with confusion and tensed up slightly. "Because I wanted to meet her."

My eyes widened and I could feel a blush on my cheeks.

No one said anything and he just sighed. "Fine. I'm going back to my dorm." he grumbled and gave me one last look before walking out of the front entrance.

"Wait you need to sign out!" Erza called after him hopelessly. "fine... I'll do it." She mumbled and angrily marched to the main office.

"He's an odd one huh..." Gray said. "It may seem I fight with him a lot but I do actually worry for him. He's a good friend."

I smile sadly a nodded. Everything about Natsu was confusing, yet interesting.

"And you're a big softie, too." A guy with orange hair and glasses snorted as he walked by.

Gray secretly stuck up his middle finger. "Lets go Lucy. There's still more I have to show you."

"Hai." I nodded happily and joined him as he introduced me to Fairy Tail Boarding school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912K 38.6K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
30.7K 1.3K 10
Levi is a celebrity and Hange is a random stranger who doesn't even know him.
4.1K 143 8
Jiro and Yaoyorozu plan an event that would gather the couples in their class. This event would mark their first outing which would help them all dev...
18.9K 648 42
So, fairies exist. That was not something Aurora Carter ever really expected to have to consider as she went about her day-to-day life. When a pale m...