Midnight Dragon

By Knight1193

Kimmy Evans just wants to get through her High School Years without any drama, and to go unnoticed. However w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue
Exclusive Peak

Chapter 2

1 0 0
By Knight1193

Meanwhile on Earth....

In the heart of Denver stood a cosy, small house. It had a flat slate roof, with a red brick chimney sticking out of it. Grey smoke came out of the chimney. The house was a red-brick house, it had large big bay windows in both bedrooms. It didn't have a garden but that suited who lived in this house. It was a quiet household in Denver, on a quiet street.

The rain was beating down in Denver, like normal it never seemed to be nice in Denver, not recently anyway. The rain sounded like gunshots were being fired. There was no chance that any shade of bright sunshine was going to be poking its' way through the smoky, black clouds. No birds sung from the warmth of their nests that day, it was like they knew what this day was, and what happened all those years ago. Flashes of lightening swept across the sky, the roll of thunder rumbled through Denver, shaking the houses slightly. This was enough to wake the dead, or even bring up the dead. History was soon to repeat itself once more. But no one on this planet knew what point in history it was soon it repeat, and never would know the whole extent of it.

The annoying buzz of the alarm clock was the only thingthat could pry a sleeping girl out of her dream world. This brought her crashing back down into reality,where everything was hard and painful. Her diamond blue eyes opened instantly, the alarm reminded her that it was going to be another painful day at High School. Her pale vampire hand came crashing down on the clock, accidentally smashing it into tiny shards of metal. As she yanked her hand back towards her body, she noticed the deep, rose, red blood oozing its' way out of her palm. The pain only just hit her. It rippled through her body causing her to gasp a little; before yanking herself out of the safe, warm comfort of her bed, and into the cold, harsh world of reality.

Darting into her bathroom, she stripped out of her clothes, and let the hot water wash over herself. Washing any trace of blood on her vampire pale skin. It wasn't long until the pain was wiped away, replaced it by numbness. By this point in time this girl was used to being numb, that's the way she had been for as far as she can remember. She darted out of the shower, back into her room avoiding the harsh, cold, draft blowing through the house.

The girl that lived in this house went by the name of Kimmy Evans.

Fifteen minutes later and Kimmy was dressed, andready for school. Annoyance flowed through Kimmy as she had to endure schooltoday of all days. She was also annoyed and hurt, that her mother and sisterwon't be here to celebrate her sixteenth birthday, knowing she would be aloneon the day of her birth. Well not completely alone, butthat is how she felt. She had no one to help her get through the day, and to avoid Molly's torment.

Today's date wasn't the only thing that was annoying Kimmy today, it was the uniform for her school, to prove that she was worthy enough to attend the best school in Denver. She had to wear a white shirt with a red velvet bow attached to it, a blue jean jacket with a white outline etched on the outside of it. And a matching jean blue mini skirt. That was the main part of the uniform that she hated the most, the skirt. Kimmy despised skirts and even more she hated that it draws attention to her even more. Kimmy didn't want any attention to be drawn to her, she just wanted to be invisible at school. At least then if she was invisible she could feel at peace, and maybe even be herself.

Her coal black hair with vibrant red highlights fell straight pass her shoulders, as she dried it. Her diamond blue eyes were outlined with thick black eye-liner, she put grey eyeshadow on. She also placed her black lipstick on and placed her red lip ring in, she nearly forgot to add her water proof massacre on; she grabbed her bag and ran downstairs, towards her father in the kitchen.

Laid out on the chestnut table were butteredpancakes, a strawberry smoothie, and a small white rectangular box in front ofthe meal. Standing in front of the small oven stood a small tanned man, withdark blonde hair. He turned around as soon as Kimmy entered the room. "Goodmorning Kimmy and happy birthday sweetheart," he greeted her. Kimmy nodded, satdown and silently ate herbreakfast, then begin to quiz about the white box. "Umm Paul what's this box in front of me?" Who is it from?" she asked him. "Will you ever go back to calling me dad? It's a birthday present from your mother and sister. They would have wanted you to have it today on your sixteenth birthday. I know today is going to be rough on both of us, and that you want to forget it. But I am your dad, I want to make the day normal and special for you at the same time," Paul explained to her.

Paul was an experienced chef, most of Kimmy's memories of Paul is him standing in front of the oven cooking. The house always smells of something delicious that Paul had made. He knew that Kimmy found it difficult to call Paul, Dad but it made it easier for her not to be so connected with anyone, in case they left her alone. Again.

Kimmy pulled the box towards her slowly, she tuggedat the white silk ribbon, before lifting the lid off. Inside the box laid agold Chinese dragon locket, with rubies for eyes. As soon as Kimmy touched it,heat flooded through her whole body, it made her feel more alive. It boiled herblood, causing her to gasp out silently, her body told her to drop the locket,but she never did. She felt a strong connection to this locket, like she hadworn or seen it before. But she knew that wasn't true, she was just beingsilly. "It's beautiful, thank you. I'm just sad that I can't thank them myself.Anyway, Paul I've got to get to school, see you later," Kimmy thanked him asshe ran to the door,placing the locket in her jacket pocket. Paul tried to turn around and say goodbye, but Kimmy was already out of the door. A sigh rippled through Paul, his emerald eyes had tears in them, today was difficult for him as well. Kimmy knew after receiving her present, that she couldn't stomach any more food, she felt bad after all the trouble he had gone for her today. But she couldn't dwell upon that much longer, she had to survive school.

The melon yellow school bus pulled up outside her house. The bus was full of noise and chatter, until they notice that Kimmy had gotten on, then it all went quiet. Kimmy settled down at the back of the school bus in the corner. She placed her headphones in, turned up the volume on her rock music, as they embarked on their journey to school. Half an hour later the bus choked to a stop at Holeway Junior and High School, the best school that Denver can offer apparently. The buildings were a light sandy brown colour, with a gate separating the different blocks for the junior and high school students. There was a creative block, with music rooms and an art studio. A giant sports field and hall. There was a science block, an English and maths block. This school allowed every single student to achieve their dream job, and even get a head start on some college courses. Kimmy knew what she wanted to do, she wanted to go into the musical career. She always loved singing and acting at the same time, but she wanted that career far away from Denver. At least then no one would know who she was, and she could have a fresh start.Everyone scampered off the bus leaving Kimmy to get off the bus alone. The rain had got thicker since Kimmy got on the bus. She quickly ran to the nearest building to avoid her from getting even more soaked. After she gathered her thoughts she decided to make a move to her first lesson of the day, maths. As soon as everyone was inside the building, the rain storm suddenly stopped, and the sun finally came out. A figure was floating just above the clouds, watching everyone within the High School, before disappearing. As soon as the figure disappeared the storm continued once more.

As soon as the first warning bell for lessons sounded, Kimmy had settled down in her normal seat, next to the window in the middle row. Her thoughts began to wonder, and once again she was staring out of the window. She wanted to leave this place, to find a better place to live, to feel alive again. She needed to get away from the place that held too many bad memories. She pulled out her notebook, and starting drawing a dragon. It was the same thing she had been drawing for the last six months, she felt a strange feeling of connection to this creature, but not sure why. A few of the other students had also taken their seats, far away from Kimmy though. Everyone else in the class was in a discussion, about something new. Nothing new every happened within this school, which was unusual.

"Did you see him Laura?" a red-head girl calledCarol asked. "Yes, well I only got a glance of him. I've decided he's going tobe mine though," Laura excitedlyadmitted. "Well you better get in there before Molly sees him. Otherwise you will be up against her, and you know you don't want to do that," Carol warned her.

Kimmy could hear every little bit of the conversation, and for once it intrigued her, for some unknown reason. The more and more the conversation in the background continued, the more Kimmy wondered about this boy. She wanted to know what made this one so special, the girls were always fighting over the guys in this school. Kimmy didn't want the others to know she was listening to them, so she pretended to be absorbed about drawing the dragon.

A few more long minutes lingered on, and chatter and wonder about this boy continued in the classroom. It wasn't long until a tall blonde man entered the room, with someone new following him. Kimmy removed her focus off the dragon image, put her notebook away and grabbed her maths notebook. She then looked up at the front of the class, and that is when she saw the boy that everyone was talking about. Kimmy could take in every detail of the other person who had just entered the room, she heard Laura whisper. "That's him Carol, that's my future boyfriend." Kimmy couldn't blame Laura for wanting him to be hers, he was beautiful like a Greek sculpture.

Kimmy sat there drinking in every detail of themystery guy. He looked like a model that had come to life out ofa magazine. His skin was enrobed ina golden tan, his emerald green eyes, seemed to look deep into everyone'ssoul, searching for something. His short black hair had electric blue stripes, gleaming proudly. His hair intrigued her more than anything, it was the one thing that Kimmy and this new guy had in common. No one else seemed to notice this though. Which she wasn't surprised about, it's not like the girls were paying any attention to it.

Even though he was new he was smiling proudly, showing off a set of pearl white teeth, making every girl in the room swoon. However, his smile didn't seem to have much of an effect on Kimmy, the only thing she couldn't take her eyes off was his hair. Her interest in him grew further. She felt like she had a connection to him, but maybe it was just because he had highlights in his hair. They could easily be dyed in, unlike hers. That was it they must have been dyed in to look cool, Kimmy concluded. Her eyes went back on her notebook.

"Right everyone as you can clearly see, we have a new student joining us. His name is Sean Jones, he will also be in our honors class as well. Sean has just moved from Orange County in California. You will all have plenty of time to get to know him, please make me feel welcome. Right now, the only seat left is next to Kimmy Evans. So, if you would take your seat, we shall begin with some warm up equations," the blonde teacher explained to the class and Sean. Kimmy's eyes shot up as soon as she heard that.

Kimmy felt very uncomfortable that her teacher hadgiven Sean the seat next to her, she knew that all the girls were secretlyhating her right now. Why couldn't shejust be allowed to be invisible? Now she knew that today was going to be a dreadful day, and nothing will change that. Kimmy's eyes pleaded with her teacher's to change his mind, but he didn't.

Sean's eyes connected with Kimmy's, a sense of disappointment went through him. Out of all of the girls in the class, he had to sit next to the Goth girl. He sighed to himself, as he moved towards her. His eyes scanned over the rest of the girls in the room, he flashed a smile at the other girls. Avoiding Kimmy's gaze.

He pulled back the chair to his seat, dropped his bag and sat down. The sound of Sean's bag hitting the floor, made Kimmy jump. Sean didn't even bother to utter a word to Kimmy. This lesson was going to drag.

Kimmy's body had completely seized up, she began to relax as soon as she had some equations in front of her to answer. She was able to zone out Sean. His charms had seemed to work on the rest of the girls. He knew he would have his hands full.

Sean went to grab his worksheet, his hand brushed against Kimmy's skin. A flicker of electricity went through Kimmy, she stopped dead at the touch. A crimson blush painted Kimmy's cheeks. She causally bit her red lip ring, as Sean's hand remained next to hers. Sean glanced sideways under his lashes, he saw Kimmy blushing. "I could have some fun with this girl," a wicked thought crept into Sean's mind. A wicked smile seductively crept onto his lips.Sean pulled his worksheet closer to him with his other hand, keeping the connection with Kimmy. Kimmy couldn't concentrate on maths anymore, for some reason she was frozen. Her body seized up even more when Sean placed his hand on top of hers. He squeezed her hand lightly. She played with her lip ring even more, before looking at Sean. As her eyes met his, she saw a playful essence in his eyes. Heat rose through her whole body, a smile appeared on Sean's face, Kimmy returned a smile to him. Sean squeezed her hand one more time, before withdrawing it.

As soon as Sean's hand left hers she returned to normal. She could concentrate again. A few minutes before the end of the lesson, Sean passed Kimmy a note. Kimmy was surprised at the note, she stared at it for a few seconds, before opening it. Her eyes widened at what it said. "I will have you blushing, because of what my hands can do. See you soon Kimmy."

Kimmy's whole face exploded into a deep red, air caught in her throat. As soon as the bell rang, Sean was the first one out of the door. She crushed the note deep in her bag, took some deep breaths before leaving the empty classroom.

Kimmy walked down the empty hall way, heading toher locker. Before she could reach it, she was shoved into a dark room. Her bagcrashed to the floor, panic rose up in her body. Cold, sweat lined herforehead, her whole bodybegan to tremble. She knew today was going to be bad, but she didn't know what was happening.

A dark, figure stood in front of Kimmy. She backed herself away from it, until her back hit the cold wall. The figure was once again in front of her. Fingers trailed down her face, then rested against her waist. Warm lips brushed against hers, air once again caught in her throat. The warm lips moved from hers, and bent by her ear. "I told you, I would have you blushing from my hands," a playful whisper came. Kimmy knew who was in front of her know. The lips from Sean returned to hers, and she welcomed it. She had never felt affection like this from anyone before, so Kimmy enjoyed the moment. Even though deep in her mind, she knew that Sean was only playing with her. She let the kiss continue up to the next lesson bell, when they finally broke the kiss, and went their separate ways.

The school day finally came to an end, Sean made his way back home. He enjoyed his fun with Kimmy, it made him feel alive. However he still had something to do. As he neared his home, Sean had a horrible realisation. He couldn't do anything today, but tomorrow was a new day. Anger boiled within him as he carried on walking. Willing for tomorrow to come.

Once again Kimmy was sat in maths, waiting for thelesson to begin, and for Sean to arrive. She didn't know how to feel about him,but she didn't want to draw any attention to herself. She managed to calmherself down, then Sean walked in to the room. However his face scaredKimmy, he looked like he wanted to murder someone, her in particular.

As Sean walked to his seat, he was scanning the room, like he was looking for something or someone. As soon as he laid eyes on Kimmy, a sense of familiarity settled in, and hatred. He realised that she was the one liability that he needed to remove and destroy her. The ice around his heart tightened even more, causing pain. Rage flooded through his whole body. His hands tightened around his books, so much that his knuckles were turning white. The closer he got to Kimmy the more his anger progressed. It surged through his whole body, his nails now began to dig into the palms of his hands. His nails left little crescent moon outlines on his perfect skin.

As Sean got closer to Kimmy, she could feel every single girl glaring at her. She could physically feel the daggers that they would throw into her back. She knew it was a privilege to have Sean sit next to her, but all she wanted was to remain invisible and not draw any more attention to herself. She just wanted the ground to swallow her whole, she didn't want to have to deal with the hassle or harassment that she must deal with later.

Even the look of anger on Sean's face made her feeleven more uncomfortable. She shrugged down in her seat, trying to make herselfas small as possible; however, her eyes couldn't leave his face. She had noidea what she had done to make him so angry. She hadn't said a word to him. But maybe it was because he had to sit next to theGoth girl, and not one of the cheerleader type girl. Maybe he regretted what he did yesterday.

Even though his anger flared through his whole body the closer he got to Kimmy, the more he began to see the beauty in her. As soon as he was standing in front of her, the ice around his heart began to thaw around it rapidly. However, the promise he made all that time ago still lingered on his mind, he had to be sure that this girl was the one. He didn't want to make any mistakes, not now and not ever. He realised that he didn't actually know this girl, she seems like she just wants to be left alone.

Five very long seconds later Sean realised that he was still staring at her. He quickly slumped into the seat next to Kimmy. Her pale cheeks turned a faint sugar pink. Kimmy's eyes were glued on Sean, she felt very exposed like he could see the real her. Whoever he was. As soon as the lesson officially started Kimmy's attention went back to algebra. She was happy that she could forget that Sean was next to her.

While everyone was focusing on equations, Sean realised thathe may have been tricked, he couldn't believe that this girl would bring anyharm to anyone. He saw how she was with him sat next to her, and how quiet shewas, like she wanted to go through this school unnoticed. The world wouldn't bein danger, or end due to Kimmy. But it will end for him if he goes through withhis promise, and not just this planet but all of them. The feelings of hatredor anger had seemed to be replaced by new emotions. Loveand affection. He now knew that Kimmy needed to be protected and stay alive. The easier solution for Sean would be to ignore Kimmy, and not drag her into his mess. However, he didn't know if that was possible. He would see how the day panned out, before making any final decisions.

Anger suddenly came back through his mind, he now realised how naïve he had been back home. Sean wanted to get to know everything about Kimmy. Did she know who she really was? Sean's eyes took in every detail of Kimmy; it wasn't long until Kimmy noticed him looking at her. This unnerved and even more surprised her. No guy has ever taken an interest to her. Guys have noticed her, she was known as the school freak. But, no guy had stared at her with emotions of love or affection before. Maybe he didn't regret yesterday, however Kimmy needed to be sure why he was looking at her in a kinder manner now.

"Umm hi there. Is there something I can help you with?" Kimmy bravely whispered to Sean. Sean was startled by Kimmy's voice, it was soft but harsh at the same time, also he didn't realise that she saw him looking. His golden tanned face produced a crimson blush. He never thought she would have spoken to him. "Don't you know or recognise me Kimmy?" Sean whispered timidly. A puzzled expression appeared on Kimmy's face; she took her time to look at him carefully.

As she looked at him she had a warm sensation flowthrough her suddenly, Kimmy hadn't noticed but she too had also blushed, buteven deeper than Sean's blushedcheeks. Yet as she looked at him even deeper, the pressure of trying to place Sean caused Kimmy to develop a nasty migraine. She winced before replying to him. "How am I supposed to know you? I've lived in Denver all my life, and you've just moved here. There is no way I could know you," Kimmy sharply responded to him. As she returned to work, Sean was taken back to hear this revelation. He was so sure that Kimmy was the one he was searching for. Maybe he was wrong but he couldn't rule this out yet, there was a strange energy around her. The lesson finished fast, it wasn't long 'til it was break time. Kimmy disappeared out of the door as fast as she could, to her safe place. She didn't want another trip into the dark room. Sean tried to find Kimmy after the lesson, but he found it incredibly hard, as every girl in the whole school was clinging on to him. They all wanted to talk to him, to find out more about him. He was trapped by all the girls in the school. Yesterday he would have loved it, but not today.

In the coldest part of the school where nobodylingered was the courtyard, not even the students from Junior High accidentallystumbled upon this area. This is the place where Kimmy sat during the socialhours of the day. In the cold courtyard, there was a beautiful cherry tree,unfortunately it never bloomed anymore. In front of the tree a silver plaque ofremembrance stood, the plaque was dedicated to Kimmy's older sister. Mary. Shewas tragically killed along with her mum when Kimmy was a baby, she never gotto meet them or get to know them. This is whatmade the days hard for Kimmy, she wanted a connection with them. She couldn't seem to have that connection with Paul. She never understood why.

A sharp cold breeze brushed across Kimmy's pale face. Suddenly a punch slammed into her left cheek, sending Kimmy down into a crouch cradling her face. A sharp pain then erupted through her stomach also, this made Kimmy curl up even tighter. She peered up to see who had attacked her. It was Molly, the most popular and feared girl in the school.

Molly's light brown hair had even more blonde highlights in it than a natural blonde has in their hair. Her chocolate brown eyes may look soft like her bronze tan, but when it came down to Kimmy, they were like daggers. Another blow that Kimmy endured connected with her face again. "You know your place bitch! No talking to the new hot guy ever. You got it! Otherwise you will be getting more than this. Not just from me, if you dare continue to talk to him. You may have your own plaque soon, next to your whore of a sister! Don't make me find you again, you freak. I don't even want to touch you, you disgust me. This is your only warning!" Molly threatened Kimmy; before leaving in her cold blood. Kimmy knew she had this coming, she wished Molly would just leave her alone. Kimmy wanted to fight back to the whole time she was being attacked, but she knew that no good would come from that.Looking on to the courtyard during Molly's torment towards Kimmy was Sean. His eyes were wide like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Sean was horrified and angry with Molly. He had seen everything. He waited until it was only Kimmy left in the courtyard; he wished there was something, he could do to stop Molly. However, his first aim was to get to Kimmy unnoticed. Sean didn't want her to have to endure anymore pain because of him. It wasn't her fault that she spoke to him, but his. He knew this, he toyed with her yesterday, and maybe gave her hope that someone liked her. Guilt radiated within his body, he had to try and make things right.

A few seconds later Kimmy pulled herself up and limped over to the bench. She spat out some blood in her mouth, before taking in a few deep breaths. Anger boiled in her blood, so did frustration. She couldn't believe that she and Molly used to be friends at all, not after this. One of these days, she would give Molly exactly what she deserves. A black eye began to form under her left eye, a small cut was forming under her eyebrow as well; blood trickled from her split lip. Even though the injuries on her face were only minor, the unseen ones under her uniform were causing her more grief. Tears tried to push their way through, but Kimmy refused to let them spill. Crying to Kimmy felt like a weakness, and she wasn't weak. Kimmy thanked herself that she had a lot of self-control, but this had to stop.

"Are you okKimmy?" a familiar voice asked. Without even having to look Kimmy knew it wasSean whohad just joined her side. "I am fine, really I am. You get used to stuff like this," she replied without looking at him.

She tried to mask the pain in her voice, but she couldn't fool anyone, let alone herself. But, she couldn't break, not now, not in front of him.

"Don't you do anything, like fight back or tell someone?" Sean asked very concerned. "No offence but I have no idea why you are so concerned for my welfare. Or remotely interested in me or my problems. But if you must know it doesn't matter if I fight back, or tell someone. I will get into more trouble, as it will be twisted to think I began the fight," she outburst to him. "How come?" Sean asked very confused. "I don't come from a very powerful family, like Molly. The teachers ignore it if she does this or if it's reported. It's called blackmail. I'm a freak, and always will be one, to everyone in this world!" she unloaded more than she wanted to on Sean.

Kimmy expected Sean to bolt from her, but heremained next to her side, it unnerved her. "You're not a freak, you're unique.Next time you should fight though," Sean nervously told her. This seemed to anger Kimmy more, she didn't want anyattention, and all she wanted to do was to be alone. "No one listens to me, you have just proved it. So,listen to this Sean, stay away from me. I am fine alone!" she screamed beforeshe ran away from his presence. Leaving Sean to stare as she fled. Sean wasamazed that this girl could just stand there, and take the abuse so lightly. Hedidn't know what he could do, to helpher. But, his mind was determined to do something, he just needed to think.

The end of the school day couldn't have come any sooner for Kimmy. She limped silently home, after missing the bus yet again. The day turned dry and warm, driving out any sign of the storm that occurred earlier that day. As she walked home all she could think of was Sean, she pondered over his behavior today. How angry he looked at the beginning of the day, and then concern for her after seeing Molly attack her. She had no idea how his behavior. As she past the old, burnt out cinema (which still smelt like burnt rubber) a whisper slowly called from the alleyway. "Kimmy," the voice of the whisper sounded familiar to Kimmy. Kimmy stopped and stared down the alleyway, she couldn't see anything to begin with, but then it began to warp and look out of proportion. "GET AWAY!" another voice came crashing towards Kimmy.

Before Kimmy attempted to move away, a huge greyviscous shadow attacked her. Its yellowed teeth snapped at her skin. There wasalso a black, dank, dingy portal right behind the shadow, Kimmy had no ideawhat was happening. Before she had a chance to do something, the shadow hadgotten hold of her legs, pulling her violently towards the portal, whichspiraled out from behind it. Kimmy tried to move but she was stuck in theshadows grasp. It had pulled her so violently, that she landed hard on theconcrete ground. No matter how hard she attempted to escape her body wouldn'tlet her. As the shadow pulled herfurther towards the portal, Kimmy could feel a bruise appearing on her left leg. Kimmy managed somehow to stretch out her arms, she tried to grab a burnt, dirty bin, but no such luck came to her. Her nails broke against the concrete when she tried to grab the bin. Her attention was then focused on the shadow pulling her. She tried to claw at its face, but her hands fell through its' matter. Nothing was working to break herself free. Panic flooded her system, she didn't know why this was happening to her. All she wanted was to be at home, listening to music, and plan when she can leave Denver for good.

The shadows had got Kimmy just inside the portal, when somehow Kimmy generated enough strength to pull herself out of the portal. A red light surrounded Kimmy as she pulled herself out of the portal. Her whole body felt alive and on fire, but it didn't cause her any pain. She then managed to kick herself free. The shadow snarled as she got free from its grasp. Then she ran out of the alleyway, she only managed a few steps before the world disappeared from her vison, and everything went black. Once her eyes had closed, the red light around her whole disappeared, as she laid on the ground.

Sean let the sun bathe on his skin, as he took thelong walk home. Anyway, to get as far away from the crazy teenage girls at hisschool. He wasn't sure how he felt about the attention from all the girls hewas getting. The only thought that was on his mind, was how Kimmy was afterMolly had attacked her. He had never seen anyone sobroken before in his life, he thought Kimmy would be stronger. He remembered the girl he knew long ago, she was much stronger than Kimmy. Maybe Kimmy isn't the one he is searching for. But, maybe he is wrong. As he headed towards the old, burnt out cinema, he noticed Kimmy lying on the pavement. She was out cold; the whole street was abandoned. As he neared Kimmy, a strange wave overcame Sean, nearly knocking him off his feet. The wave claimed a lot of his own energy. He staggered towards Kimmy, as soon as he reached her, he felt refreshed. The strange aura had disappeared. Very slowly and carefully, Sean pulled Kimmy into his arms, he carried her back to his flat. He knew that Kimmy may not like him at this moment in time, he couldn't leave her on the street all alone.

Sean's flat was on the top floor, it was situated in the quiet part of Denver, and it was more like a ghost town. The flat was in a new build block, it had dark brown bricks on it. Every single flat which over looked the outside had a balcony. The rest of the street had grey building on it, where cafes and shops used to be open. But, they no longer operated anymore, hardly anyone lived in the flats, as it was the one part of Denver no one wanted to live in. It caused too many people to become ill or depressed, it was not a pretty sight.

Once heclimbed the nine floors, he finally got to his flat. As he was climbing thestairs he got annoyed with himself that he didn't take the lift, but he didn'ttrust it. Once inside he placed Kimmy down on his king-sized bed,he then left to go into his living room. As Sean sat in his living room, his thoughts turned to what he was going to do next. He didn't have much time to think before, a beam of dark cherry light appeared in front of Sean.

A figure floated down from the beam of light, she had long silver hair which sparkled like a star, but it also gloomed like a shadow. Her eyes were like dark sapphires, they were like two dark black holes. "Hello handsome, did you miss me?" she laughed at Sean. "Why are you here Shadow Stalker? And to answer your question, no I didn't miss you," Sean bluntly replied. "I am here because you have a debt to pay. Why is she still alive?" she demanded. "Because I have had my eyes opened even more, I know that you tricked me. She is my future fiancée, and future wife. I love her, and always will. No harm will ever come to her, I could not kill her," Sean passionately threw at Shadow Stalker.

"Well that is very funny to hear from you. Itwasn't that long ago really when you promised yourself to me. You also promisedto kill her. I may have looked like a little girl, I come in various forms,"Shadow Stalker laughed once again at him. Sean bent his head in disgust of whathe had promised. "That was a huge mistake promising you that. You found a wayto trick me, I hate myself for promising you that," Sean admitted to hispromise. "So, you did agree to kill me," another voice had entered theconversation. Without even looking up, Sean knew Kimmy was in the room,probably staring at him and ShadowStalker. "Well look who is awake. And yes, he did sweetie, and I know you like him, even if you can't admit it to yourself yet. He promised himself to me, and I always get what I want," Shadow Stalker told Kimmy.

"Oh, you are welcome to him. I am not interested in him, all I want is a nice, quiet life, away from bitches like you. You don't scare me I've dealt with a lot worse than you, thank you," Kimmy finally found her voice, as she threatened this creature that stood near her.

A snigger came from Shadow Stalker's mouth. "I like you, you have so much power and promise behind that threat of yours. You should meet Blood Shot, he would find you entertaining. I may not have to have you killed after all, as you are clearly clueless, maybe you should consider joining me. But, for now I will leave you to try and dig yourself out of this hole, you have dug. Call me later when you have ditched her, and want some fun," Shadow Stalker said as she disappeared from sight.

Sean moved his way towards Kimmy, but Kimmy backed further away from him banging her body against the wall. "Kimmy please calm down, and let me explain. It's not how it seems..." Sean was unable to finish as Kimmy tore open the door, and ran as fast as she could, out of Sean's building, all the way back to her house.

Kimmy burst through the door, ran into her room andcollapsed on her bed. Luckily Paul was still at work so no one was in to noticeKimmy's strange behavior. "I vownever to see or listen to him again, if I live," she whispered silently to herself.

Before covering up all her injuries from her dad, anger settled in again. She knew Sean seemed too nice, too good to be true, but he was like all the other guys. Kimmy pulled off her shirt to inspect her injuries, a large purple bruise had settled across her ribcage, she knew Molly had done damage to her. She lightly touched the bruise to see if it caused any pain. A sharp bolt of pain ran through her, it stung like a wasp sting. This one was going to be hard to pretend that it didn't exist, but she had to in order to keep Paul happy and in the dark.

She exhaled as she looked at herself. She knew this couldn't continue much longer, otherwise she wouldn't make it. She washed some warm water over her face, and saw the black eye on her face. Before he came home from work, Kimmy drew a hot bath for her to wash away the events of today. As she lowered herself into the bath, the pain nearly knocked the wind out of her, but she continued to sit in the bath. Once she got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around her, she then placed a thin bandage on the ribcage. She grabbed her pale foundation, and began to work on the injuries on her face. Once she placed it on her face, she lined her eyes once more with eyeliner, and put black eye shadow on. Anything to keep any attention off the hidden black eye. Kimmy took out her red lip ring, to let her lip heal.After she looked more normal again, she pulled out her black pajamas and settled down to do her homework. As she tried to study, her mind was pounding she didn't know what to do, from now on all she could do was care for herself. She was stupid to even think that they could be friends, but she doesn't need friends, just a ticket out of Denver. Out of harms way.

To avoid any questions about her day Kimmy left Paul a note explaining that she was studying, and then going straight to sleep. She cared so much about Paul, she didn't want to see him hurt because of school. All Kimmy wanted to do, was to protect him. He wanted her to go to Holeway High School, so she could have the career of her dreams. If he knew she was being beaten up, it would destroy him. He would never forgive himself, so therefore she had to keep him in the dark.

As she slept a red glow came from the locket, which remained safe inside her jacket pocket. It lit up the whole of her bedroom, the light didn't bother Kimmy. She was exhausted from the day she had.

The other voice from the alleyway lingered in the air, and a figure looked out from the alleyway. Searching for Kimmy's scent once again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 85 42
When Ryan halted infront of her not leaving a breathing space, she shuddered at the thought of what he might do and just then did everywhere fall sil...
126K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
343K 8.8K 88
Story of a boy who wants to destroy enemy's family for revenge by trapping enemy's daughter. Actual story starts when he succeeded. Circumstances ma...
85.8K 3.7K 43
Book 2 | Completed | "So, what now?" Lydia asked. "Now...we send his ass back to prison." Sean Williams has been through a lot in the past 5 months...