Saikyō || The Strongest || 最強...

By shiiranai

"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ..." sᴀᴛᴏʀᴜ sɴᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀsᴇᴅ ᴅᴏʟʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴄʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ᴄᴜʀsᴇᴅ... More

𝙷𝚒𝚒𝚛𝚊'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
1 - 𝙰 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎-𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚌𝚎
2 - 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎
3 - 𝚂𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚗 & 𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚘 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜
4 - 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚖
5 - 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚋𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚑
6 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜
7 - 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜
8 - 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
9 - 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚜 & 𝚃𝚘𝚔𝚢𝚘
10 - 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚓𝚘
11 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
13 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍
14 - 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
15 - 𝙰 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙸𝚝
16 - 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
17 - 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎
18 - 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖𝚜
19 - 𝙴𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜
20 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎
21 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝚜
22 - 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚙 𝚊 𝙲𝚘𝚒𝚗
23 - 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚜 & 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜
24 - 𝚂𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜
25 - 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜
26 - 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠
27 - 𝙰 𝚂𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
28 - 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎
29 - 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠
30 - 𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜
31 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗
32 - 𝙸𝚗 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚢
33 - 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜
34 - 𝙱𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚅𝚘𝚠
33.5 - 𝚁𝚎𝚍
35 - 𝙸𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
36 - 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝
37 - 𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙼𝚒𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚢𝚘
𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙼𝚎𝚘𝚠

12 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

20K 940 662
By shiiranai

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"I want to see you."

└─────────❍─────────┘

Sena heaved a deep sigh, seeing I had no plans of answering her. "If you continue producing lackluster results, you better be ready. Your clan's sacrifices to give you that control would be for naught."

She eyed me with such displeasure I could feel it on my stomach. She was utterly beautiful, but one would only notice that if they get past the trepidation that'll rush through their blood when they glimpse at her eyes. I lowered my head, unable to keep an eye contact. "I did not ask for this."

She frowned, partly annoyed. "There, there. You poor thing don't even want perfection, yet those annoying dumb fucks don't even care about you, no?"

Perfection.

Inumaki clan had always been respected, just falling short behind the top three clans. That description always bothered our clan leader. After all, no one wanted to be described as "almost there".

And that was why he thought it was a good idea to make a deal with this sorceress and create a perfect blend from our clan. One that could talk properly and choose the targets of cursed speech. One who had less limitations.

In a twisted turn of events, that chosen one happened to be me.

"Please just take it away." And maybe return my father to me, too.

My voice broke. I felt vulnerable in front of her. It was as if she could see through me and I had no means of blocking her out. "I don't really care anymore," I muttered through gritted teeth. That was entirely a lie, but I was tired of living through all these expectations and pretending to be level-headed all the time, even when I was not.

"Ah, hold on! I forgot to tell you why I'm here. Sorry, how rude of me." She paused, thinking while pouting at the same time. "They called me to propose a new deal. It's about granting your cousin that technique, too. Who's that again? The little boy?"

Toge?

"He is too young!," I exclaimed. The ropes that bound me tugged against the inflamed lines on my wrists. I held back a yelp, swallowed the urge to cry out, and exhaled shakily. It would do me no good if I showed her too many emotions. Sena might not be on my clan's side, but she was certainly not on mine either.

As if my sufferings weren't enough.

"I told you." She shot me a knowing look and snapped her fingers, causing the object to release me in an instant. "They're getting impatient because you're not showing any good results. Or maybe they still haven't known you've unlocked your domain already- very unlikely."

She was right. The results of the Goodwill Event were usually monitored by clans to know which members they should place their expectations on. If they knew I already unlocked my domain, then asking Sena to do the same to Toge only meant one thing.

They thought their experiment was successful and wanted to verify it through another test- my younger cousin.

"I need to go," I pleaded. I almost forgot about Gojo, Geto and our mission. By any chance I finished them early, I would pay a visit to the main residence and warn Toge's parents. There was no way my aunt would let anything happen to his son anyway.

I couldn't let them do the same to him.

Sena sighed. "You don't really care about anyone else, eh? Fine."

In a snap, I found myself standing where our auxiliary manager previously dropped us. It was the same location where the three of us parted, except right now, the place was wafting with smoke from explosions. Debris from the bombed building scattered all over the cemented ground.

The mission had barely even started, but I was already at the end of my wits.

My stomach felt sick, my legs heavy as if they did not want to take me anywhere. Negative thoughts raced through my mind as I deliberated on what to do next. If Toge became the clan's target because of my shortcomings, I would not be able to forgive myself.

The thought of another kid losing his childhood because of the jujutsu world... I could only think of one person at the moment, and oddly enough, a strong urge from within my chest confirmed how much I wanted to see him.

Gojo Satoru.

But why?

While my head was lost in the clouds, I failed to notice a tall white-haired guy waving my way.

I only snapped out of my reverie when the back of Gojo's palm made contact with my forehead. As if his touch were electric, I hastily stepped back and stared at him, wide-eyed. His forehead creased. "Oi, you good?"

No, but it's a little better now.

Finding no words to explain how my chest suddenly felt lighter in his presence, I just nodded. I'd rather keep my discomfort to myself rather than boost the guy's insufferable ego.

The lack of interest to interact might have bothered Gojo, seeing how his expression shifted from having excited eyes to confused, furrowed brows. But realistically, we were not in a Gojo-Geto type of friendship, so I assumed he would not even care.

"Where's Geto-san?," I asked, head hanging low. Pessimistic thoughts weighed on my chest, bringing my mood down again.

The guy in front of me scoffed, his forehead creasing as if he was displeased. No, he even looked offended. "He's with the Star Plasma Vessel. What happened to you, suddenly disappearing?"

"I...chased the other curse users away," I replied monotonously, still not meeting his eyes. I felt guilty, not wanting to lie about taking part in a mission when I had clearly done nothing.

Gojo did not seem to buy my excuse and I knew exactly why. His six eyes would have sensed my cursed energy if I were in battle, but to my surprise, he didn't pry anymore.

He held me by the wrist. "Let's go back. I'm starving."

Maybe he just doesn't care enough.

"Say you just wanna dunk your head in sweets again," I retorted, not really minding the hand that was around my wrist and gently guiding me back to the parking lot.

For some reason, I feel safe.

"Gojo-san. About the Star Plasma Vessel, are we going to let her stay with u-" My eyes bulged when I caught a glimpse of some very familiar faces from the nearby row of cars. The first thing that caught my attention was a rose-colored kimono I'd always see inside the house. Yes, I meant in our family residence. I slapped a hand over my mouth "Oh no."

"Eh?" Gojo turned to me, questioning why I suddenly pulled him down behind a bush. "(F/n)-chan, you know I'm too tall for this, right?"

Gosh, this guy!

His head was actually protruding from the low bush. Add his white hair and his squatting figure and he was even more noticeable. "Keep your head down, Gojo-san!"

I pushed his head down lower which resulted in knocking both of us off balance. I yelped, landing straight on my butt with the damned Gojo Satoru's head crashing straight to my chest.

Good grief.

"Oh no no no no no," Gojo backed away faster than light. His face was already flushed while I stared at him, mouth agape. He quickly defended himself before I could react. "You're the one who pushed me!"

"And why my chest?!"

"Oi! I didn't want it either! There's nothing to cushion my fa-"

"Shut up! Go die!"

"Just gonna be thankful your cursed speech's manually operated."

"Ojou-sama?"

Oh no.

I looked up in terror as the familiar voice of a family servant interrupted the scene. It wasn't only him, some clan members and my mother stood just a few steps away from me, my mom throwing poisonous glares my way.

And I'm really dead.

Gulping, I broke out in cold sweat, quickly stood up, and bowed to them as a greeting. With a sheepish voice, I addressed my mother's murderous presence. "Okaa-san. I didn't expect to see you here."

"How scandalous," one of my aunts commented, which prompted the others to join in and ridicule me purposely in front of my mother. The tension was almost tangible as her eyes burned with irritation, probably at both me and my nosy aunts.

"I thought she's supposed to be in school right now?"

"Out of school with a man? Did you know about this?"

"Don't pressure her into talking, look how flustered she is. Give her time."

Even their concern was fake, only aiming to pressure my mom into scolding me. The only one who remained silent was Toge's mother. She handed me a handkerchief to help dust my skirt off. "Here."

Auntie, helppp.

"Why aren't you in school?"

If not for the people around us, I knew there'd be a wake in our residence by now. My mother's burning gaze could literally bury me six feet under, and I would not blame her.

I knew what was going on in my aunts' minds. With this opportunity, they would surely push me into marriage just to spite my mom. After all, one less competition among the next generation would benefit them. That was unless I married into a more powerful household.

Before I could say anything, Gojo stood up, towering all of us in full height and that usual, overflowing confidence. He spared me a teasing glance, making sure I took the hint. He would probably do something that would require a payback later.

What's this idiot planning?

He respectfully bowed to my family and swiftly took his sunglasses off. "Good afternoon."

No waaay.

They all tried to hide their bewilderment upon seeing his eyes. Even my aunts unconsciously started gushing about how good-looking he was and how rare those glowing eyes were. My mother and Toge's mom instantly tensed at the view of those irises which perfectly described the talk about a certain heir of a larger clan.

"You are?," my mom warily asked while eyeing him. By the looks of it, she already knew who he was without even asking.

"Gojo Satoru. Nice to meet you, Inumaki-san," the white-haired idiot replied, still wearing the same tame expression. I think I remember mentioning how good of an actor he was.

"Of Gojo clan..."

"Six eyes and limitless!"

"The Gojo Satoru?"

I caught a glance of Gojo's smug expression when I turned to him for a brief second and met his gaze. For some reason, I felt a sudden leap on my chest, followed by a euphoric sensation on my stomach. Was he enjoying this? Teasing me?

My mother sent me a confused look before turning back to Gojo, a bit less cross and more careful. Her always dignified facade broke for a second, but she regained her composure almost immediately. "What are you doing here with my daughter?"

"Uhh... there was a cat?," he reasoned out, unprepared. What did I even expect from this guy?

I couldn't help but sigh. Knowing my mother, I thought it would be better to just be honest instead of relying on Gojo to make weird ass excuses again. "I'm sorry, Okaa-san. We were on a mission when I saw you and I sort of panicked. I didn't know how to approach you."

"It's hot in here. Why don't we go straight to the restaurant to eat first?" Toge's mom interrupted our tense conversation and linked arms with my mom. She gave her a bright yet authoritative smile. My mother, being younger in age than Toge's mom, had no choice but to oblige.

She turned to us, decided. "Why don't you two join us?"

Eh?

I turned to her with a look of disbelief. Part of me feared she saw through the situation and was taking the chance to develop my relationship with Gojo. My only hope relied on Gojo making clear that my relationship with him would never go beyond being classmates.

Gojo declined the lunch because of the on-going task. However, all my hopes faded when Gojo took my hand and bid my family goodbye. "Sorry, Inumaki-san. (F/n) and I still have to return to school."

──❍──

"What the heck, Gojo-saaan?!" I slammed a fist on his back as soon as we were out of my clan's view. I didn't care if it was childish or whatever. He did that on purpose, for sure! Embarrassment seeped into my head as I dragged him to who-knows-where. We ended up in a narrow and empty alley, far from the bustling city streets. "Why would you even do that?!"

"Ow! Oww! I told you hysterics won't win men!"

"I don't care, go die! What were you thinking, holding my hand and calling me by my first name in front of my family?" I groaned rather dramatically, sitting down on the steps of a concrete staircase as if my life just ended. "What if they think we're a couple?!"

"What's wrong with that?"

Gaaah! He's kidding!

I yanked my face veil down and wasted no time to get my revenge. "Slap yourself."

"Holy shit!," he exclaimed as his palm and cheek made contact in the form of a good loud slap. I didn't feel bad at all since he was the one who decided the strength output of that slap. I stood up, placing my hands on my waist, and looked up to him with a challenging glare. "What if they force us to marry?!"

His eyes widened and he stared at me like a bedazzled child. "Wow, they will?"

Is he for real?!

"Punch yo-"

Gojo placed a hand over my mouth to stop me from activating my cursed speech once again. He leaned down, lessening the gap between the two of us 'till our lines of sight were on the same level. "What's so bad about that, (F/n)-chan? You dislike being with me this much?"

Gojo's hand slid down, freeing my lips. He looked amused, smiling mischievously at me. I could feel my cheeks heating up from his sudden flirty demeanor.

Snap out of it, (F/n). He's obviously just making fun of you.

"Isn't that obvious, Satoru?," I countered, his first name effortlessly slipping off my tongue.

I expected Gojo to reply with another annoying remark, but his smile fell. It was replaced by an astounded gaze, particularly focused on my lips.

Huh?

His long gentle fingers reached out and traced the marks on my cheeks, the soft caress painfully slow. His vibrant blue eyes followed every movement his fingers made, causing me to hold my breath in both confusion and anticipation.

I could feel strength slowly leaving my joints as the sound of my heartbeat filled my ears. I couldn't move.

What does he think he's doing...?

"Say that again, will you?"

"What?," I managed to ask breathlessly.

"My name."

It was as if I was under cursed speech that I found myself complying to his request. For a split second, either bravery or simply just lack of judgement caused me to mumble his name under my breath. "Satoru..."

The unexplainable expression on his face changed to that of a more intense gaze. His thumb held my chin up as he mumbled, "one more."

With my better judgement clouded by this euphoric sensation, I struggled to keep my eyes open and my breath steady. My mind would not let me miss a second of this person's touch, his scent, his gaze, and the way he pressed my back against the stairs' railings and leaned in to observe how I responded to him with utmost curiosity.

Plaguing thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind when Gojo seemed to have subconsciously placed a hand on the railing, trapping me in a corner I never even wished to escape from. Only one thought lingered and it carried an urge to push this situation to its limits and cross it.

"Satoru."

I caught a glimpse of his eyes widening from behind those dark sunglasses. He gulped, looking unsure of what he wanted to do. And when I couldn't stand the uncertainties anymore, my hand extended to the side of his face, attempting to take his glasses off and get a better look at his expression.

"Kids these days," a passing woman commented while sending us a disapproving look.

Eh?

Standing up straight in shock, I hastily slapped Gojo's hand away and turned around, clutching my chest.

What... just happened?

──❍──

That was a close call for Satoru. He'd be lying if he claimed it didn't affect him at all. It originally started as a game- he just loved how you would always have something witty to counter his antics. You would always look irritated just by the sound of his voice, but you were never hostile towards him. He even thought you enjoyed his company as well as he enjoyed yours.

But just now, the fact that you two were never that close slipped off his mind when he subconsciously asked you to say his name once again.

He thought his name sounded good coming from your lips.

His chest swelled when you turned away clutching yours with a flustered expression, your ears tinted bright red. You were swinging back and forth in your heels and toes causing Satoru to look away, cheeks burning as well.

Adorable.

He didn't know what to say. For the first time after Suguru, he felt the need to reach out to another person and put more effort to get more positive reactions from you.

It felt weird. Was it really him wanting your attention for no particular reason?

But that didn't sound like Gojo Satoru.

No, not at all.

He cleared his throat and pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind the same time your mood dampened because of your assumptions that he didn't seem to care much.

"Let's head back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 237 22
𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦𝕩𝕊𝕦𝕘𝕦𝕣𝕦𝕩𝔽𝕖𝕞ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 ~ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ᴛʀᴏᴘᴇ!!!! 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍 & 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓 Y/N has never felt as much hatred for someo...
10.4K 604 23
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐫 ; 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬...
8.2K 523 5
. . . . ╱╱ ︵ . . ⌗𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒘🥀❜ ﹙🌹 ﹚ ─ 𝔧𝔲𝔧𝔲𝔱𝔰𝔲 𝔨𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔫 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐭...
601K 26.7K 36
"ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴛᴏ ᴜs, ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʏ/ɴ?" "ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ! ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ, ɪᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ!" "ʏᴇᴀʜ..." ➪ᴛ...