35 - 𝙸𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"It should be alright—
being this happy, right?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

"What was that, senpai?!"

"I told you," he breathed out, looking extremely bothered and restless. "Honestly, I saw him lately by accident while he was inquiring about you. I figured you might be in danger that's why I came back here."

"Those stitches on his head," I pointed out. "He didn't have them back then, did he?"

"It must be some sort of parasite." Miura ran his hand through his hair. "The previous host must have died and so, it planted itself on my brother. Otherwise, I wouldn't believe he'd act this shady."

He was right.

The firstborn of the Miura clan, his older brother, was a man of principles. It would make no sense had he suddenly changed his mind and started befriending the Inumaki clan after the annual clan gathering fiasco. He wasn't even acquainted with the likes of Toshiro and Naoya.

"But why's he looking for me?"

"A special cursed speech user that has connections with Gojo Satoru," he stated, almost fully towards himself. "I don't exactly know what they want, but I think they might use you to negotiate with the Gojo clan while utilizing your abilities."

"Then, the reason you came to Tokyo..."

"Is to watch over you," he took the words out of my mouth. "Though it was a surprise you thought I'd actually betray you. Where did you even get thay idea, kouhai-chan?"

Beats me.

Ever since what happened to Yume, I might have begun shunning the people around me in hopes they wouldn't get involved with my mess-ups. But like Satoru and Yume, Miura was looking after me without even wanting merit for himself.

In times like this, I might have also forgotten there were people who genuinely cared about me. Lots of them.

"I'm sorry." I kept my eyes on the ground as we walked. "For doubting you. I don't want to make excuses for myself but–"

Miura placed a hand on my head and smiled. His expression was uncharacteristically gentle, unlike the usual when he'd gaze down at us from the top of the food chain. Yeah, very much unlike the normal prankster upperclassman who'd never miss a chance to drown us in his sarcastic wit.