When The Crow Calls Out[KNY f...

By Talkingdino467

Demon Slayers, although not noticed by the government, is an organization of well equipped swordsmen who brav... More

Chapter 1: Muscle Mice
Chapter 2: Hashira Meeting
Chapter 3: Hikaru L/n
Chapter 4: Outbursts
Ch5: The Butterfly Sisters
Thank you!!!
Ch6: Hotsprings!
Ch7: Assault
Ch8: Crows
Ch9: Genkei...
Ch10: Savior
Ch11: The Three Wives!
Ch12: Infinity Fortress
Ch13: Festival!
Ch14: Dango!
Ch15: The Snake and Flame
Ch16: We'll Meet Again.
Ch17: Worries...
Ch19: Iguro
Ch20: Hypocrite
Ch21: The Swordssmith!
Ch22: Siblings
Ch23: Aiko-Chan!
Ch24: One Half Now Gone.
Ch25: Her Sun
Ch26: Ohagi!
(READ THIS!)
Ch27: The Snake and The Flame Return!
Ch28: Panic!
Ch29: We're Friends...
Ch30: The Crow and the Butterfly.
Ch31: Hotsprings Revisited!
Ch32: Shinjuro
Ch33: Training!
Ch 34: The Flame V. The Shadow!
Ch35: Tension Rising
Ch36: Two Weeks Later
Ch37: Origami
Ch38: Tall vs Short.
Ch39: A Pleasure
Ch40:
Ch41: What Is This?
Ch42: The Caged Confession
Ch43: Hello!
Ch44: Giyuu
Ch45: Progression
Ch 46: Reunion
Ch:47 To die or to love.
Ch49: The Painted House
50: To Save Those You Love
Ch51: Warmth in the Shadows.
Ch52: The Kiss
Ch:53 Death
Ch54: The knife

Ch18: I'm Sorry

9.4K 459 157
By Talkingdino467

A/n- Please go to the end for an important announcement!

"Well, aren't you something? Hey, Master Ubuyashiki and Master L/n!?" Sanemi's voice sneered as he stood up.

'What the? Why is he talking like that!?' Y/n widened her eyes in shock.

When the girl first walked out and saw Sanemi, the man who had saved her at the hot springs all those weeks ago, she was happy to know that the Pillar position was in good hands. But before she could even flash a smile at him, or anyone could welcome Ubuyashiki-Sama and her he had started yelling at them ferociously.

'Is this really the Sanemi I met at the hotsprings?! He was mean and hard spoken, but he had good intentions, but now...' She covered her hand slightly with her mouth.

The pillars themselves reacted. Kanae looked at him with a sad frown, she no longer had the smile she had even when she was usually sad. Gyomei looked pissed off to say the least, veins protruded his face, which Y/n was surprised about. She had never seen him get angry, even when she was littler and accidentally broke one of his prayer beads when he visited her with the Master! Uzui looked just plain ticked off, he had been there the shortest out of everyone, but she could already tell he deeply respected the Master. Uzui's teeth clenched against each other and his eyes where narrowed, a vein also popping on his face. Shinjuro looked stern and mad, no trace of his usual fired soul on his face, he looked at Sanemi in disappointment. Giyuu didn't have much of a reaction, but his mouth did slightly open as did his eyes. Hikaru's eyes narrowed and his face darkened, you could barely see his pupils, his hands dug up the stone garden as he clenched his jaw shut. She shivered; she had never seen her brother that mad in so long.

"Shinazugawa...It appears you do not understand how to speak properly." Gyomei said sternly, he gripped his beads so hard that they cracked. Earning another muffled gasp from the girl.

Even with all this going on the master gave a closed eyed happy smile, "It's alright Gyomei, let him speak, I do not mind." He turned to Y/n behind him.

"I-I-I suppose I do not mind e-either..." She nervously agreed with her superior.

"But Master, Y/n-Chan..." Kanae said sadly, it looked like her heart would break any second.

"It's all right Kanae." The Master smiled sadly.

Sanemi got a grave smile on his face, and it was only then Y/n realized how wide his eyes has gotten, it made him look like a rapid dog.

"YOU'VE GOT NO SHAME; YOU MAKE ME SICK! YOU ONLY THINK OF CORPS MEMBERS AS PAWNS TO BE USED AND TOSSED ASIDE!" He yelled still smirking as if he had won.

"I'm sorry."

Sanemi's smile quickly dropped, and he looked at the man in front of him confused.

"I tried swinging a sword." The Master smiled soothingly, "But it made my heart pound, and I couldn't even do it ten times." He glanced behind him at the girl before looking back before him, "I'm not in the place to say Y/n's reasons, but we would've been like you if we could have. We both wanted to be strong swordsman and protect others like they protected us, with our own bodies."

The scarred man's face contorted to an unreadable expression his eyes lacing over both master's and Y/n's sad and guilty faces, he seemed deep in thought and Ubuyashiki continued, "But it was impossible for us, I'm sorry I have to ask you to do such difficult things." He smiled somberly, "If you are pawns, then I am a sacrificial piece too. If a single piece like myself that moves the Demon Slayer Corps were to die, nothing would change. My replacement Is already here, and Y/n, she..." he seemed to want to say something but then cut himself off.

"This is your first time here at a Pillar meeting Shinazugawa-San, so I think you have misunderstood." Y/n spoke in her superior's place sternly, ignoring how she wanted to cry from frustration. Sanemi widened his eyes and she continued, "Master and I do not place ourselves higher than you or anyone else. Everyone just treats us that way, if it bothers you, you can just call me Y/n. I tell everyone to, but it seems, as you may have seen, they prefer otherwise. Same for Master, he has told me and others numerous times to call him by his name but them and I have politely refused. Instead of worrying about this name nonsense though, Sanemi Shinazugawa you should be worrying about defending the lives of others as a Hashira. I believe that is Master and I's only request."

Y/n looked at the Master who was now looking directly at her with a surprised look on his face, even the monotonous twins looked a bit shocked.

Her face flushed up, 'Ah! How embarrassing! I must've said to much!! I interrupted Master too, didn't I!?'

The half blind man chuckled softly and turned back to the kneeling pillars, "We are sorry to summon you so soon after Masachika's death. You were close like brothers which must make it even harder.

Sanemi opened his mouth, "His name..."

"Shinazugawa-San ever since Master Ubuyashiki became our leader, he had memorized all the names and background of corps members who have died." Kanae said softly, making the male turn to her in utter shock.

"My sister, Master L/n. She has also remembered not just the dead handlers' names but the names of every crow in the Demon Slayer Core. She can remember how many missions each duo had been sent on. Even which one was their first, and their last." Hikaru said, finally breaking his silence.

Everyone looked shocked that he spoke about his sister. Especially Sanemi who didn't know they were siblings, and Y/n, who was shocked her brother would even speak her name, much less give her praise right now.

"Sanemi, all the children of the Demon Slayer Corps, write their own will..." Master smiled, and turned to Y/n again. She had picked a letter from a crow who now sat on her shoulder, standing up she walked over to the edge of the engawa. The twins carefully helped her off it as she walked up to Sanemi, letter still in hand.

"The contents of Masachika's will." She stopped in front of the white-haired man, holding the letter out to him. "Are similar to others, strangely most of them all write the same thing as he did. Master has been thinking about giving it to you. Masachika thought of you like the younger brother he so tragically lost, he also dreamed of a future just like we have dreamed of." Y/n smiled as he took the paper unfolding it before she continued, "That wish is for our loved ones to smile and live happily until the day they die, and to never have their lives be threatened in any way. Even..." The girl glanced at her brother, who quickly avoided her gaze, "If we can't be by their side. We want them to live just like you wish Shinazugawa-San, just like Masachika-San wished, we want them to survive and live happily."

Tears started pouring down his face, and Y/n could only smile sadly. She suspected that the tough act from earlier was just a ruse. She leaned into his ear, and he flinched when he felt her hot breath on his neck, her aroma invading his senses.

"I know you can't read properly..." She whispered making him widen his eyes, "So if you want to know what it says word for word just ask me later, ok?"

The crow on her shoulder sniffled, and Y/n only smiled as she could tell it was trying not to cry too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you been possessed by an evil spirit? I will exorcise you!" Gyomei cried bending down towards the now embarrassed Sanemi.

"Why would you say something like that? I'm said now..." Kanae put a hand on her heart.

"No. Don't do that. Seriously. Horrid. That's a horrible first impression." Uzui scolded, arms crossed.

The new pillar sweat dropped at all the comments he had been getting from his new comrades as they introduced themselves due to their masters' orders. He felt bad, of course he did. He hoped he would get the chance to apologize to the two Masters later.

"Gyomei-San! Kanae-Chan! Uzui-Chan! Shinazugawa-San! Giyuu-San! Shinjuro-San!" A voice rang out.

All six of them turned and saw Y/n waving to them as she ran out of the estate, jumping down off the engawa.

"Careful Y/n-San you might trip!" Shinjuro chuckled as the girl stopped next to them.

"Ah! Its fine! Its fine! I just can't wait to give Uzui-San his gift!" The girl giggled.

"A present?" Uzui grinned, "For me? How flamboyant of you Y/n-San!" He deadpanned, "It better not be a hairpin."

Kanae smiled, "Aw you two are exchanging gifts now how cute!"

Giyuu started to walk away as he found nothing to gain from the interaction before a voice stopped him,

"Bye Giyuu-San I'll see you next time!"

The raven-haired man turned and saw it was the e/c girl who stood there bidding him goodbye. He blinked owlishly for a second before nodding at her and leaving.

"Man, who does that guy think he is huh?" Uzui gritted his teeth.

Sanemi stood there awkwardly as Y/n continued, "So Uzui-San you know how last week I said I'd help you with your mice, but I couldn't because I've been a bit too busy?"

Uzui raised an eyebrow, "Yes?..."

"Well, I decided to get you some help instead and ill think you'll really like him, in fact he was actually at the meeting earlier."

This made everyone look at each other skeptically, who else was at the meeting but them.

Uzui deadpanned, "Look...Y/n as much as I respect you." Shinjuro gave him a look, "Sorry, Y/n-SAN as much as I respect you, I will not be working with that brother of yours. Seriously. How atrocious.

Y/n gave a confused smile before she turned around and up towards the sky, "Nijimaru, come here!"

Nothing happened and the girl sweat dropped, "Nijimaru! Please come here!"

It was another few moments of silence before someone answered back, "NO! SQUAWK, WHY SHOULD I ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH THESE PLEBIANS!"

A/n- Hey guys so I've decided to start another book! I will be continuing this one so don't worry! This book will only have one love interest and will be a KNY highschool/modern day AU. The love interest will be Sanemi Shinazugawa, so if you are interested please drop a follow or check back later as I will be announcing when the first chapter is up on my page. If you do follow me you'll automatically know when its up. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 29.6K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
774K 30.5K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
182K 4.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
284K 12.9K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...