Who Am I? • Genshin Impact x...

Por LuckiiMe

!READER GENDER IS FEMALE! ...sorry! She who travelled the stars in search of one thing and that alone only, h... Mais

AUTHOR'S NOTE (+ INTRODUCTION)
PROLOGUE
0.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
X. (Part Two)
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.

XIV.

2.7K 149 37
Por LuckiiMe

You thanked the staffs for their service and proceeded to walk towards Zhongli. You had questions for him and it has to be in private.

"Oh, hello there, old friend."

You halted and looked up at him, confused as to what he meant by old friend. He realized what he had said and gave you an apologetic smile.

"Apologies, it seems that I have mistaken you as someone else entirely. Where is the companion of yours?" He changed topic, looking at the closed door just by the other side of the path.

"They're still talking to Childe but, I have questions."

Zhongli didn't say a word but you could see his posture shifting and him nodding as a signal for you to go on.

"How did you know where the exuvia is?" He kept silent about your question, that even made you more curious so you turned to look at him. It looks like he's trying to avoid you compared to when you were with the others that he kept staring at you as if admiring you like an art piece.

"Hm, I do not exactly know where they hid it but one way to know is to get acquainted with the Tianquan." He finally said. A very subtle answer but that is enough for you. You would've thought the same if it were the Liyue Qixing that hid away the corpse of the art of geo.

"Y/N," you heard your name getting called. You looked up to him, confused as to how he knew your name but it was probably a slip of tongue by either Paimon or Lumine that caused him to know of it.

"I'm... Truly sorry." He once again apologized, this time, being even more sympathetic as ever. It was kind of a surprising reaction from him as earlier, he seemed calm as tea and very mature. You didn't expect him to have such.. Pathetic of an expression on his face.

"Why—"

"Zhongliii! We're here!"

The two of you heard Paimon's voice grabbing both of your attentions and pulling you out of your curiosity into prying any deeper from Zhongli's weird actions.

"Hello, traveler. After your experience here in the land of the absentee archon, how does it feel that our archon and adepti are ever so present around?"

Zhongli asked such a sudden question that took Lumine by surprise.  She looked at Paimon who shrugged her shoulders and pointed at you. You on the other hand pretended to look confuse and smiled, acknowledging them.

"So uh, Zhongli was asking if how do you li—"

"Mondstadt has fresh breeze and seemed more loose. But Liyue is more lively." Lumine blinked in confusion as how sudden you just answered as if you understood what Zhongli tried to ask. She looked back at the older man and nodded.

"Mondstadt is a great place but Liyue is very lively." Lumine answered. You smiled a little knowing that Lumine's answer depended on you. Zhongli didn't seem fazed at all, he just closed his eyes and nodded as if processing the question.

He smiled a little, "Ofcourse, over three millenias have the adepti protected the land of Liyue." He paused, "Rite of Parting should prove to be an enlightening part of your travel."

"—Liyue is the most prosperous out of all the seven nations" you stiffened, this went unnoticed by the trio. "Being defended by deities and ruled by the Qixing, naturally, the Fatui would have difficulties here."

"Ningguang of The Qixing especially has always been on guard against the Fatui, hence, Childe wants to make use of the connection with Wangsheng Funeral Parlor."

'Good god, ofcourse.'

"Wait, what will Childe gain making us doing the Rite of Parting anyway?" Paimon questioned having her eyebrows furrowed. Zhongli looked at her and slowly shrugged his shoulders.

"I neither know nor do I wish to know. As far as I'm concered, the Fatui are here as sponsors. I only wish for Liyue's tradition to endure." You nodded, taking a mental note of what ever just happened in the conversation. Not that you remembered.

"Here," Zhongli handed Lumine a bag of mora, she looked at it in awe. "This is the advance funds Childe has provided. If you use them all up, you can go back to him to apply for any subsequent funding."

".. Oh— wow..."

"Well then, let us be off. The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some prize Noctiluous Jade worthy of a deity." Zhongli said before passing by you, ofcourse, not before giving you a look.

You soon followed before Lumine can even process whatever just happened. You looked at the man in confusion, "Seriously? Worthy of a deity?" You questioned. Zhongli looked at you from the corner of his eyes and you swore you saw it twitching up to a smile.

Soon enough, Paimon and Lumine tagged along. Both of them asked Zhongli some questions while you on the other hand just chilled and listen to their conversation, once again.

While crossing over the bridge, you could've sworn you saw something on the very corner of your eyes. Something or someone that had the exact same color of your hair. 'Was that an animal?' You thought to yourself.

"We're almost there." Said Zhongli as soon as all of you have crossed the bridge, looking at a stall nearby.

As soon as the merchant saw you and the others approaching, he immediately perked up and wore a huge smile on his face. "Ah, hello there good friends. Would you like to try your luck today? Who knows, this could be your lucky day."

"Oh no no no no! We're here for uhm.. What was it?" Paimon tried rebuking but couldn't remember the stone's name. She looked at Zhongli pleadingly who nodded slightly.

"Noctiluous Jade, of radiant grade at least." Stated Zhongli. The merchant looked at him and surprised which then turned to a small smile, "I see, so you're not a tourist. My apologies, I have some here for your perusal." The merchant obliged and pointed the noctiluous jades behind him.

"What do you think? Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on.. "

Paimon looked at the rocks in awe, staring at how good the qualities and shape of the rock. She then floated back and looked at the three of you with concern written all over her face.

"He isn't lying, they're all wonderful! But how do we pick? Do we just pick up and go? " She asked you furrowed your eyebrows and mentally shook your head, 'Bad decision, could be a scam.'

You nudged Zhongli to your side making him look at you. You slightly pointed at Paimon using your head so he looked at the pixie and shook his head.

"No," He paused then walked towards the merchant, "I'll take them all, boss."

With those words of Zhongli, the merchant's eyes widen in surprise, so did yours. No way can Zhongli that had such an aura earlier make such careless acts.

Before you could even respond, Lumine butted in, "I'm so sorry mister! Let us discuss it first!" She then proceeded to drag Zhongli to a side where it'll be far enough for the seller to not hear. You bowed an apology to the guy and proceeded to jog towards the three.

".... Oh, Mora. Hmm.." You managed to hear before arriving to hear their discussion.

"It seems that I have overlooked this matter." He mentioned, twisting his eyebrows to a furrowed one. "Huh!? How could you have not think about Mora when buying?!" Paimon squeaked out.

"Hm, if one thing must always consider Mora, then all is bound by Mora.". "Huh?"

"All Mora is currency, but not all currency is Mora."

Paimon proceeded to put a hand on her head with her face contorted to a confusion, "What..?"

"Economics." Lumine answered shortly for Paimon. Paimon's lips turned to an 'o' before letting Zhongli speak more.

"Evaluating the quality of Noctiluous Jade between good or bad will not be so simple. There are very little difference between them."

"Only after the item made using Noctiluous Jade has taken shape, will you be able to see whether it's up to par or not."

"If you return those to crafty merchants, they will simply say your heat control was poor."

'Oof, tough love.' You cringed.

The blond latter looked at the ground with the middle of her index and thumb on her chin "That easy to get fooled.." Muttered Lumine. She once again looked up to Zhongli, expectant.

"However, there is a way to truly evaluate the gem." Zhongli stated as if answering Lumine's internal question.

" "A fool sees the pointer and misses the moon." "

"Not sure Paimon gets it." Paimon answered with no hesitancy.

"The saying goes, if you point at the moon, the wise man knows you're poinging at the moon while the fool only sees the pointer."

"These patterns, the facade, these are all the " finger."" Zhongli turned his head to look at the stones from a distance. You followed his gaze. "Noctiluous Jades are used to light up  the darkness, and so its brightness is the important thing— the "moon." "

"A Noctiluous Jade with higher quality have a superior Pyro affinity. In other words, it will be bluer and brighter."

"Oh wow to think you're such an expert in this field.." Lumine stared in awe as if looking at a museum art piece.

"Much obliged, shall we put it to practice?"

You looked at him sneakily as if saying "so that's what you're on about."

Lumine and Paimon agreed so you all came back to the same merchant.

"We're back to buy some rocks, but, can we burn them first?" The merchant was taken back from the bold statement.

"B—Burn them!?"

"No, no! What my friend is trying to say is, can we try to get little samples?" Lumine butted in, putting her palm on Paimon's cheek, pushing her away from the merchant's sight.

The merchant chewed the inside of his cheek as if hesitating but he sighed and gave Lumine some... Almost paper thin samples wait—

"Even a bug's wing is thicker than this!" Paimon floated towards the sample with eyes as large as saucers.

"Handiwork sure is impressive but.. " Lumine trailed off and looked at the merchant with pleading eyes.

"I take pride and joy with my work but it would simply kill me if I've given more!"

Lumine sighed in defeat and looked back at Zhongli, Paimon, and you. "It can't be helped." She shrugged. Zhongli nodded, "All is fine, there is a way to heat them up without disintegrating them. We add high temperatures using Pyro and reinfor e the inside with Hydro. That way, it will not disintegrate."

The merchant was impressed, "Keen eye, good sir! To think you know this extent, thank you for your understanding!"

"I remember this place in Dadaupa Gorge where there's a place with a huge pot. Let's go?"

Zhongli nodded, "Sure."

As you were about to head off to your destination to Mondstadt, Lumine abruptly stopped causing you to almost lose your balance.

"Something wrong?" You asked. Lumine looked back at you and shook her head slightly.

"Yeah, well, no. It's just.. Dadaupa Gorge is infiltrated with incredible number with hilichurl and we simply can't endanger you.."

You paused, Lumine almost regretted her words. You nearly sighed but held it in. "It's okay, I'll be waiting for you here. You guys can head off but make sure you're quick and stay safe!" You reminded them.

"I'm really sorry, I'll leave Mr. Zhongli here with you." Lumine apologized you shook your head, not wanting to be much of a bother and really, you don't need a guardian.

"No! No! It's okay! Plus, I can't understand hin, remember?" You held both her shoulders and looked at her directly in the eyes.

"We'll be fine on our own, plus, Mr. Zhongli isn't a bad guardian.. At least from what we've seen." Lumine removed both your hands from her shoulder but never letting go of them.

"Mr. Zhongli, is it okay if we leave (Y/N) here with you? We can manage on our own from what you've taught us." Zhongli nodded.

"Ofcourse, I give you my word, traveler."

Lumine finally let go of your hand much to your disappointment and gave Zhongli a big smile, "Thanks, Zhongli! We'll head off now. The earlier we leave the earlier we can be back! See you later!"

Lumine and Paimon quickly disappeared from your sight. You are now then left with Zhongli.

It feels like you have a lot to discuss with.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

61.8K 1.7K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
338K 9.9K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
15.1K 451 15
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  ❝MY LOVE FOR YOU IS BIGGER THAN A FIREWORK!❞ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  (𝘠𝘰𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢 𝘹 𝘨𝘯!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳) ☽˚⁀➷ When an Inazuman who lived in Mondstad...
228K 5.9K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...