š˜ š˜°š˜¶š˜³ š˜š˜°š˜Æš˜°š˜³ | JJK | āœ“

By SwagMeow

"You're in my jurisdiction, Prosecutor. You know what that means? You do as I f*cking say. š˜•š˜°. š˜˜š˜¶š˜¦š˜“š˜µš˜Ŗ... More

Important Notice
Happy New Year
Welcome
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
INTERLUDE
15
15.5
16
17
INTERLUDE
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26 - INTERLUDE
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38.
39
40
Resolution
Sequel and A/N

24.5

895 95 30
By SwagMeow

"Ms. Ahn, let's stop here. Let's not go any further!"

"I told you to go back, prosicooter! Stop following meee!"

"You're drunk and not in your right mind, Ms. Ahn. I can't do that."

"When am I ever sober, prosecuter?" Heiran questioned with a bitter grin. Her hand went to brush against the diamond on her nose as she stopped in the middle of an overpass, time way past 9 to be considered late. Trucks and cars whizzed past on the road and the fluorescent overhead lights shone down on her as if she were the main cast of a play. Her blonde locks were wild and her face was a burning red from the alcohol. Jungkook's hands were held out in front of him to catch her if she ever fell as she stumbled forward across the center of the overpass under the starless night sky of Jeonnam.

"Ms. Ahn—"

He was cut off as Heiran suddenly paused in the middle and began to laugh out loud. He looked as if he couldn't tell what was so hilarious to her as she giggled loudly over the sound of the whishing vehicles on the road. Heiran bent over, clutching her stomach as the chuckles spilled out of her lips.

"Ahn Heiran, a serial dater, a tragic failure, ever finding a nice, good-looking, well-natured guy to settle down with — hahaha — What a joke! She couldn't even make a single guy she'd found stay."

Heiran swept her hair back from her face as she clutched onto the cold, metal railing of the overpass and hollered, "Ahn Heiran is so dumb! She should just stop trying so hard for f*cks sake! Ahahaha..."

Her laughter died down as an ebbing pain made itself known in her heart and her hand gripped hard against the frozen metal of the railing in hopes of it becoming a distraction from the rising empty feeling inside of her.

"Yoongi was right," she spoke quietly after a moment's pause, "I should have moved on from that stupid high school crush from eight years ago." Burning fury seethed into her and she yelled at the night sky, "I should have stopped this nonsense a long time ago!"

She shoved her hands in her pockets, faltering in her steps but managing to keep her balance still. Her partner had gone quiet and she realized he must have reached his limits. Either that or he was really enjoying the show. 

Fishing her phone out, she ripped off the phone case to reveal an old, crumpled, piece of paper inside and Jungkook's eyes grew wide. She picked it up, "I've had this for eight years, you know? It's pathetic, isn't it?"

Dropping her phone back in her pocket, she ripped the piece of paper into a thousand parts and hurled it over the bridge, "This nonsense ends now!"

As the torn particles blew away with the chilling November wind like flower blossoms in spring, Heiran let out a soft giggle, "That's not a break-up letter, that's a stupid love confession. Such a prick. He didn't even know the difference between the two..."

It was quiet for a while. Heiran's eyes watched the blank skies as her partner stayed wordless beside her. She felt sorry for the poor guy, he must have run out of patience and given up. But as she looked at him, what she saw was his severe stare, partly obscured by his glasses, and his knuckles turned white as his fingers curled in a strong grip on the railing. She tilted her head, watching him with mild curiosity before she smiled, "I feel like I've shown you the worst sides of me, prosecutor."

He remained mute as the chilly wind erupting goosebumps all over her hands, swept his jet-black bangs away from his forehead.

"It's all my fault," Heiran spoke softly, looking away, "I should've tried more. I should've put in more effort instead of being hung up on the past. Maybe they all felt the same. They must've felt my unfaithfulness, maybe that's why they all left. And if I hadn't been such an idiotic, uncommitted, indecisive—"

"Stop!" Heiran felt two palms clamp down on her shoulders in a firm grip before her sight shifted and she was looking deep into the astringent gaze of her partner. His breaths were labored and his forehead was harshly furrowed as if her words had physically hurt him. "Just stop. You're not the one at fault. It's not you..."

His clutch on her shoulders hardened as his head dipped down in evident hurt. "It's all his fault! He was the one who left you, he was the one who acted selfishly and all he thought about was himself. He never thought about you."

He seemed to wince like his words left a bitter taste in his mouth. Jungkook slowly looked back at her, "There's nothing wrong with you. You're alright. You're perfect. You're literally all that one could ask for."

If Heiran's eyes weren't wide before, they were as big as saucers now. As the night air brushed by, she saw how intensely sincere his gaze was behind his glasses. So what if the night sky was starless, there were millions of them shining through his eyes.

You're perfect. 

A choked sound escaped her throat and she was sure if she weren't flushed from the alcohol, she'd be turning beet-red. Her cheeks felt as if they were on fire.

"So, please. Stop this." Jungkook shook her shoulders as if she wasn't quite grasping the significance of his words. "Just stop thinking about those a$sholes! Just stop. Why do you only see them? Why can't you see me?!"

If she hadn't been busy fawning over the fact that Jungkook had actually just asked her to 'see him', she would have been amazed at the fact that the nation's hero, Silent Wolf, had just said a bad word. Briefly, she wondered if this was all a sick creation of her drunk subconscious mind but contrary to the thought, she felt soberer than ever. So Ahn Heiran stood there, mouth gaping open at him with absolutely no idea what she was supposed to say.

After a moment of silence, something seemed to dawn on Jungkook and his grip on her shoulders slackened before he pulled his hands away and panic shone through his eyes as he began to stutter, "Uh. Ms. Ahn, I... I'm sorry. That's... um... it was—"

"If you insist."

"What?" Jungkook looked at her in surprise, wondering if he heard her right. Heiran herself had no clue what the heck she just spewed out. She wanted to die as she watched her partner blink in blatant amazement. He opened his mouth and then closed it like a goldfish, unable to find a response. He then looked at her as if he wanted her to go on and clarify whatever she meant and Heiran wanted to run away but she knew that was not a good option. Especially, since she was so far away from her car and had wandered out so far.

So she did the next best thing she could think of. She fainted.

Not really but Jungkook didn't have to know that.

What she didn't consider was that he'd catch her in his arms before she could actually fall to the ground and that was an extremely dangerous placement to be if one considered what transpired a few minutes ago.

"Ms. Ahn! Ms. Ahn, hey-hey!"

Keep your eyes closed no matter what, Heiran. That's how you escape this mess. She told herself but it was an extremely difficult task as her heart was beating way too loudly and she was afraid he'd pick up on it.

"Ms. Ahn, please, wake up," Jungkook tried gently patting her cheeks, holding her against his chest. Heiran kept her eyes closed and clenched her teeth in terror. "Ms. Ah—Sh*t, Heiran. Now's not the time, wake up right now. Heiran."

Now, why did he have to call her name like that? Sober Heiran would have never thought this but drunk Heiran thought it sounded hot. As she said, she was drunk.

Thankfully, her ringtone blasted loudly from her pocket interrupting him at that exact moment, Jungkook muttered quick apologies and excuses before she felt him take her phone out of her pocket.

"Heiran, do you know what time it is? Where the f*ck are you?" Yoongi's voice cut through the phone.

"Assistant Min. I have a situation here."

Fifteen minutes later as Yoongi drove the car back home, Heiran jumped up from her seat.

"Oh, my f— You scared me!" Yoongi cried from the driver's seat, holding a palm against his heart at her sudden movement. "I thought you were knocked out."

"What do I do, Yoongi?" Heiran asked, her eyes wild and staring out at the road.

"About what?" But Heiran was feeling over her chest, her mouth dropping open. "It's beating. It's never done this for a long time!"

Yoongi made an unimpressed sound. "Ah~ You're still drunk, huh?"

"It's beating, Yoongi."

"What's beating?"

"My heart's beating. What does that mean?"

"Um, that you're not dead yet?"

"STFU! YOU'RE NOT HELPING!"

Yoongi didn't know what she wanted him to say.

A/n: Muahahaha!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.7K 41
**COMPLETED** "Just tell me. Why did you try to steal the necklace?" I looked at him. "Oh! I tried stealing it because it was ugly, disgusting, and i...
6.8K 1.6K 35
"A student who studied at Seoul University is found dead at the campus. The investigation team confirmed that it was a planned murder." As Y/N L/N em...
Detective By H

Fanfiction

253 9 8
She's the lipstick in a row of bullets. They take a piece of her work and say it's their own. Until... she finds a murder case that she gets too in...
7.6K 671 38
A humble hotelier was suddenly entangled in a murder case at the hotel he worked for. He was suspected but couldn't find a way to clear himself until...