I Wanna Be Yours (Jean Kirste...

By 3mooie

{Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful own... More

One (1) - Just His Friend
Two (2) - A Sudden Visitor
Three (3) - Who is Y/n's Crush?
Four (4) - Lost Stars
Five (5) - Stolen First Kiss
Six (6) - Scout Veterans
Seven (7) - Leave
Eight (8) - Boyfriend
Nine (9) - Don't Die
Ten (10) - Battle of Trost Arc
Eleven (11) - Battle of Trost Arc (II)
Twelve (12) - Battle of Trost Arc (III)
Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom
Fourteen (14) - The Right Person
Fifteen (15) - Monster
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne (2)
Sixteen (16) - Trust
Eighteen (18) - The 57th Expedition
Nineteen (19) - The 57th Expedition (II)
Twenty (20) - Raid in Stohess
Twenty-One (21) - Raid in Stohess (II)
Twenty-Two (22) - How To Let Go
Twenty-Three (23) - Utgard Castle
Twenty-Four (24) - Beast Titan
Twenty-Five (25) - Traitors
Twenty-Six (26) - Over
Twenty-Seven (27) - The Mission to Retrieve Eren
Twenty-Eight (28) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (II)
Twenty-Nine (29) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (III)
Thirty (30)
Thirty-One (31) - Important
Thirty-Two (32) - Family
Thirty-Three (33) - Overthrow
Thirty-Four (34) - Coup d'รฉtat
Thirty-Five (35) - Interior Police
Thirty-Six (36) - Royal Family
Thirty-Seven (37) - Make You Feel My Love
Thirty-Eight (38) - Kenny Ackerman
Thirty-Nine (39)
Forty (40) - Betrayal
Forty-One (41) - The Truth
Forty-Two (42) - Forget
Forty-Three (43) - Pain
Forty-Four (44) - Massacred
Forty-Five (45) - Revenge
Forty-Six (46) - At Death's Door
Forty-Seven (47) - Perfect Dream
Forty-Eight (48) - Stay Here
Forty-Nine (49) - Vulnerable
Fifty (50) - Under The Moonlight
Fifty-One (51) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria
Fifty-Two (52) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)
Fifty-Three (53) - Denial and Anger
Fifty-Four (54) - Just Accept It
Fifty-Five (55) - Subjects of Ymir
Fifty-Six (56) - I Wanna Be Yours
To My Dearest Readers...
Sequel of I Wanna Be Yours

Seventeen (17) - Her Question

1.5K 68 88
By 3mooie

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,860 words}

Why do I feel awkward? Y/n thought.

Y/n and Jean are both sitting on a log bench. They're both have been silent ever since they saw each other earlier.

The thing is, it's like they're both thinking who should talk first.

And probably wondering why they're suddenly awkward with each other.

It's only two week that passed since they saw and talked to each other.

But the h/c girl already feels like she hasn't seen Jean for a long time.

Maybe it's because she's used to seeing Jean all the time and being with the young man as if they're twins that cannot be separated, that two weeks of not seeing the young man is already a long time for her.

"Are your injuries okay now?" Y/n internally sighed in relief when Jean finally spoke, breaking the awkward silence between them. Y/n touched her stomach. She's still wrapping her stomacb with a bandage to support her broken ribs, but she's already feeling more better now than before.

"I'm getting better." Y/n said.

Jean's brows furrowed as he looked at Y/n who's just staring at nowhere.

He doesn't know why he wasn't contented with how Y/n answered him. She answered simply, no extra statements which Y/n always does. She never leaves out any detail...why? And why does it seem like she's...we feel so distant with eavh other?

Jean brushed off his thought, maybe he's just over thinking. "I heard from Eren that you're in Hanji-san's squad. The forth division. It's good to--"

"Why are you here?"

Jean's brows shot-up when Y/n asked him that question, totally cutting off what he wanted to say. He was trying to strike a good conversation with the h/c girl. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jean felt himself starting to feel anxious upon seeing the serious look on Y/n's face. She's...she's not happy that I'm here, isn't she? Jean thought.

The young man noticed Y/n's hands that are placed on her lap clenching tightly. "Why did you join the survey corps? Why are you here? I thought you wanted to become an MP?" Y/n asked. She stood up and faced Jean.

Jean looked up at Y/n, his brows are still furrowed because of his genuine confusion. "I think you can guess why I am here." Jean said. Y/n just stared at Jean, she looked so serious...no she looks annoyed. "Is there a problem?"

Jean noticed how Y/n clenched her jaw tightly. The h/c girl took a deep breath. "You shouldn't have come here, Jean. You should've just joined the military police brigade and stayed inside the interior. Just like what you have always wanted to do." Y/n said.

Jean felt annoyed.

He doesn't like being told what he should do. He takes orders but only when it's reallt important. He accepts advices but only when it's necessary.

"I did not come here because I want to. I came here because I need to." Jean said.

Y/n felt her annoyance rose up.

It's not the answer she wants. She doesn't even know what's the answer she wants from Jean."So what? What exactly are you gonna do in here?"

"Huh? What do you mean, idiot? Of course I'm here to fight the damn titans outside the walls." Jean said.

"And then? You're gonna die while fighting them?" Y/n bluntly asked which made Jean to shut his mouth.

Y/n clenched her fists even more tight. "I'm certain that when commander Erwin invited you all to join the survey corps, he was clear about how many scouts dies whenever they go outside the walls. So why did you join this regiment? I know you don't want to die because you have dreams, Jean. Living a comfortable life in wall Sina, in the interior as a member of the MPB. So why did you have to come here and waste your life?" Y/n asked.

Y/n's question in her last sentence made Jean feel irritated even more. Okay, he's gonna admit he really is wasting his life by joining the survey corps and accepting an early death at any time. But does he have a choice?

If he joined the MPB...

Will Marco and their comrades who died, forgive him for running away and staying ignorant after what they all went through and wtinessed?

"You could've just...stayed being a coward and choose to be selfish." Y/n said. Jean's mouth slight-opened.

He let out an annoyed grunt. "What the hell?! What is your problem?!" Jean asked, now he's at his limits.

Y/n is strangely being an ass to him when it's their first meeting right after their battle in Trost district.

"This! This is my problem!" Y/n said, pointing at their situation right now.

"I don't get it, Jean! Why did you have to come here when you know it's fucking dangerous and you could die anytime?! Why did you have to act so brave and heroic by joining in here?!" Y/n's voice raised, she totally lose her cool. She's mad...No, she's actually....

Scared.

She's scared that she could lose Jean anytime. Because he chose to become a scout who could die at any time or any day. She's scared to lose her love.

"What...? Is that what you really think about me joining here?! I told you! I did not come here because I wanted to! I came here becauze I need to! I'm not acting brave nor heroic! I'm here because...!! Because I realized that I atleast have to give meaning to the deaths of our friends! I have to give their deaths justice and not let it be in vain! And most importantly! I don't want to become ignorant anymore!"

Y/n's eyes widened because of Jean's words. Jean shouted at her, but she doesn't feel offended, and she doesn't know why her eyes suddenly became glossy. Jean shut his eyes when he felt it starting to feel hot because of tears.

The tears he's been holding back ever since he saw Marco's dead body.

And now those unshed tears wants to fall from his eyes already, Y/n really made him feel so annoyed and angry that he just wants to snap at her and cry. "Why are you so mad about this?"

Y/n gritted her teeth, she helf back her tears. I won't cry. No. I don't want to cry in front of him...not anymore!

"Because you're stupid." Y/n said.

She grabbed Jean's shirt and stared at him straight in the eye.

Jean just stared at her with wide-eyes. "You're stupid! You know you're weak and yet you still chose this regiment where death will always be with you!"

Jean groaned. "What did you say?! Don't you dare insult me just because we're best friend!" Jean shouted.

His eyes widened when he saw Y/n's tears started to fall from her eyes.

Y/n couldn't hold it back.

Not when she's Jean. Because ever since they were kids, he's the reason why Y/n can freely let her emotions out. Y/n's gripped on Jean's collar loosen. She looked down and teared up. "I...don't...want to lose you, Jean."

Jean blinked twice. He felt his heart beat fast and heard it beating loud. Though, he felt a strange pain on his heart when he heard Y/n crying in a low sound. "I don't want you to be here because I know I could lose you."

Y/n slowly let go of Jean's collar. Her hands rested on his chest, the h/c girl calmed down, yet she's still crying.

Jean stared at Y/n who refuses to look at him. He's suprised by Y/n's words. He knows he's important to Y/n.

But he's not really expecting this from her. If there's one thing Jean really like with Y/, it's her honesty. That's what Jean likes with  Y/n.

And right now, she became honest.

Jean finally figuted out the real reason why Y/n doesn't want him to be in the survey corps. "Y/n..." Jean muttered.

Y/n finally looked at him.

Jean felt like his heart shattered upon seeing Y/n tears. Never did he felt so hurt not in pain seeing the h/c girl cry.

Yes, Jean have seen the h/c girl cry a lot of times already, but he only feels bad nor sympathetic for Y/n.

He doesn't know why right now, he's suddenly hurting seeing her cry.

Y/n moved her hands away from Jean's chest and just kept it on her sides. She let out a sigh then wiped her tears. "Sorry. Let's talk another time. I'm tired." Y/n said. Before Jean could even say something, the h/c girl already walked out from her friend.

Jean just stared at Y/n's back at the
h/c girl walks out from him.

When Y/n is already out of his sight, Jean let out the most distressed sigh. He sat back on the log bench and rubbed his face out of frutration.

Is it just me? But why do I feel like me and Y/n...are becoming distant with each other? Why does it feel like a wall is starting to come in between us?

Jean thought. The young man thrn took out something from his pocket. "I guess I can't give this to her yet..." Jean said while staring at a sterling silver bracelet with star charms.

Yesterday, before they went to the survey corps, he went to the town market of Karanese district to buy
Y/n something. He happened to see the bracelet with charm stars and was reminded of Y/n. She loves stars and...

The bracelet looks charming and cute which...reminds Jean of Y/n too.

He thought it'd be nice to bring it to her when he surprises her with his appearance in the survey corps.

But things didn't end really well...

"Damn it." Jean said. He sighed and shook his head. "This is so annoying."

The young man stood up and left the training field. Jean kept his little gift to Y/n inside his jacket's pocket.

I guess I'm just going to find a right time to give this to that moody girl.

And I'll make sure to see a happy look on her face. Not a sad one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hm? Is it just me but Y/n seems to be aggressive today?" Hange said.

They're standing on the side and watching the soldiers train.

Moblit is beside Hange.

Y/n is among the soldiers who're training, the h/c girl is currently sparring with the members of Levi squad. The young lady have already defeated a lot of her comrades down in hand-to-hand combat. Even Eren was defeated. Y/n is indeed aggressive today. Also, she looks so serious and...

Everyone can see that Y/n's not in the mood. "I agree. She almosy broke Petra's arm earlier." Moblit said.

"Oi! Y/n! Don't kill your comrades, idiot! The hell id with you today?!" Levi shouted when Y/n kicked Oluo on the face, knocking Oluo out.

"Sorry, captain." Y/n said. She sighed and crouched beside Oluo and gently tapped the man's wrinkly forehead.

Oluo really was knocked out by Y/n alseep and his nose is bleeding.

Gunther and Eld carried Oluo.

"He deserves that. Good job, Y/n." Petra said to Y/n.

Eren who heard what Petra said tried his best not to laugh since Levi's just beside him. Y/n only smiled a little.

"Oi, brat. I know you're good at fighting but remember that this is only a training. You're doing good.  But don't forget that you have to be careful. It's your comrades you're sparring with." Levi said to Y/n.

Y/n looked down and nod.

"Sorry, captain. It won't happen again." Y/n said.

Petra pulled Eren away from the scene since it looks like Y/n will get a lecturing from captain shorty.

"Huh?! Wait!" Eren said and tried to get out of Petra's hold, but Eld helped Petra in pulling him away, too.

"Let's just go, Eren. Don't you see everyone is already done? Also, it's better not to be there while captain is lecturing a cadet. It'll be humiliating for that cadet. For Y/n." Petra said.

Eren frowned and just nod his head. He had once last glance at Y/n who's just looking down while being scolded by their short but incredible captain.

"Understand? You can't become so reckless in things like this. I'm not mad because you broughy my swuad down easily, it's not like it's just them. You also defeated your squadmates and Mike's squad. But from what I can see, you defeated them because you're mad. You thought of them as your enemy. Maybe that's fine. It helps you train properly, but what will you do if you end up killing them? Can you bring them back to life? You almost stabbed Eren with your hairpin earlier." Levi said.

Y/nw wasn't able to say anything. She just kept looking down while fiddling with her fingers. "Sorry." Y/n said.

Levi sighed and shook his head. "Don't bring your useless emotions in training or real missions." Levi said.

Y/n felt hurt. Though she just brushed it off. She knows that Levi's not good with words. He has a sharp tongue.

"Yes, captain." Y/n said.

"If this happen once again, your gonna have to train by yourself. And if you ever end up messing up on our expedition because of your emotions and recklessness, I will kick you out of the survey corps. I don't care if you're Erwin's niece nor if you're under Hange's command. We don't need someone in the corps who put herself first before her priorities." Levi said.

"Yes, captain." Y/n said.

Levi raised a brow when he saw the new recruits arrived. It's their time to use the training field. All of the new recruits are under Dita Ness, Darius and other team leader's command.

Levi saw that the 104th cadets are staring at the h/c girl, though Y/n hasn't noticed them yet since Y/n's facing him and they're behind Y/n.

Jean's brows shot-up when he made eye contact with Levi. Now Jean knows that Levi is not Y/n's boyfriend.

When he entered the survey corps, of course their superiors were introduced to them, and Levi was one of their superiors, Jean learned that Levi is a good friend of Y/n's uncle.

And he's too old for Y/n to be Y/n's boyfriend, he knew already that maybe when he saw Levi that night giving flowers to Y/n is a gift from her uncle, commander Erwin Smith.

"It seems Y/n is being scolded by captain Levi..." Connie said.

"Yeah...poor. She looks sad. I wanna hug her." Krista said.

"Huh...so that shorty is scolding her, huh? I wonder what that idiot did." Ymir said. Krista smacked her arm for calling their superior names.

"What happened, Jean? Why is Y/n looking so sad?" Armin asked.

Jean was surprised. He looked at Armin and the others who're now all looking at him. "Huh? Why are you asking me?" Jean confusedly asked.

"Because yesterday you went to find her. We're assuming you two already talked." Reiner said.

Jean looked at Y/n, he stiffened on his place when Y/n is already looking at him. "Uhm...it's nothing. Me and Y/n just have a little problem." Jean said.

"Heh...couple's fight?" Ymir said.

Jean's eyes widened. He looked at Ymir with a frown. "What te hell? What do you mean "couple's fight?" We're not a couple! Will you guys stop with that issue already? Me and Y/n are just best friends. There's no way we'll reach that stage." Jean said.

Ymir didn't say anything. Instead, she looked behind Jean. The others went silent. Y/n is already standing behind Jean with a tired expression on her face. No, more like a hurt expression.

Levi, Hange and Moblit are still on the training field and watching Y/n interact with her friends. Mike and Nanaba are now also with them.

"Jean's right. Stop with your shitty teasings. It's aanoying." Y/n said.

Jean blinked twice upon hearing what Y/n said. Then he looked back at the
h/c girl. Y/n just stared at him. Jean stupidly thinks he's just hallucinating upon noticing that Y/n seem to have been offended with his words.

"Don't get the wrong idea between me and Jean. I don't like him." Y/n said while staring straight into Jean's small brown eyes. Because I love you. "And of course, I'm sure Jean doesn't like me like that, too." Y/n said. But I hope you like me...even just for a little bit...

The two stared at each other. 

The 104th felt the tension between the two. It's heavy and...

Painful... Y/n thought.

Why am I suddenly in pain? Not physically but...emotionally? What's there to be hurt about? Damn it...

Y/n let out a sigh and turned around.

Everyone went dead silent after the
h/c girl left. And again, Jean stared at Y/n's back as she walks out from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another week passed and everyone in the survey corps are busy.

The new recruits are being trained strictly and  gives lectures to them about the long-distance formation and all the things they need to know for their upcoming expedition.

The superiors of the survey corps are busy with their loads of paper works, while the other scouts are busy training and helping the new recruits.

It's already afternoon and the scouts and new recruits are finally done with their training. They practiced using their vertical menuevering gear in the forest also titan dummy killing.

Among the soldiers and recruits,

Y/n and Mikasa are the ones who stand out. Both got an equal score in speed and titan dummy kills.

Y/n let out a sigh as she sat on the ground and drink water. "You don't look happy with your performance Why is that? You did good." The h/c girl almost choked in the middle of drinking water when her uncle Erwin is already beside standing beside her.

The others already left to go back to the HQ and prepare for dinner.

Y/n quickly stood up, Erwin held her arm to help her stand easily. "I think what I'm doing is not enough." Y/n said. Erwin stared at Y/n, he might be busy with his paper works, but he has Levi, Hange and his trusted soldiers who always reports to him about Y/n's performance in their daily trainings.

Lately, all he's been hearing is that his niece is pushing herself too hard and that his angel is being too aggressive.

"And why do you think that?" Erwin asked.

Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose. "It's just..." Y/n sighed heavily...

"I don't know. I'm not just satisfied with what I'm doing. I feel like it's not enough." Y/n looked down when she realized something. "No...honestly...I think I just want to surpass Mikasa."

Erwin nod. "I see...so you're insecured of her strength." Erwin calmly said.

Y/n's eyes widened a bit. She stared at her uncle. Erwin is staring at the sky while his hands are kept behind him.

"You don't have to surpass her, Y/n. Because you're already better than her." Erwin said. Y/n blinked twice. Erwin looked at her and smiled.

"To he honest with you, I see some similiarities between Mikasa and Levi. Those two are so strong that it feels like they're superhumans. I don't know why but I have a feeling that there's something special with those two. Though...you're different."

Y/n remained quiet.

She actually agrees with her uncle about Levi and Mikasa's smiliraties. She thinks the same. That maybe something is special in the two.

Y/n even thinks that maybe the two are related nor connected.

Though Y/n doesn't believe that she's better than Mikasa but she agrees that she's different...in an odd way.

"You're just a normal person. When you were young, I know lots of kids bullied you, I know you went through traumatic things at such a young age, you grew up feeling incomplete and perhaps lonely. You entered the cadet corps and trained like you're in hell for three years. And in those three years in hell, you mastered all of what  you were taught. You got out of that hell, top one and recognized as one of the best. You saved a town from being completely invaded by titans, the lives of your remaining co-trainees and the Garrison soldiers, you saved Eren's life and ended up coming here."

Y/n closed her eyes when Erwin placed hus large hand on top of her head and ruffled her hair. "With what you've experienced from childhood up to now, you're already better than Mikasa nor anyone else, Y/n. And I hope you know that I'm so proud of you." Erwin said, still smiling. Y/n stared at her uncle Erwin she pursued her lips when her eyes became glossy.

"And how could I forget? My angel is not just good at fighting and she's not just smart. She knows how to sing, play different musical instruments, write poems, stories, has a talent in arts, knows how to ballet, waltz, cook, sew, and almost everything. I'm really proud of my angel." Erwin said.

A smils crept onto Y/n's lips.

She rolled her eyes and walked towards her uncle. Erwin chuckled when Y/n hugged him. He hugged her back and caress the back of her head. "Y/n, don't ever feel insecure, because for me, and and for the people who cares for you, you're already better than anyone else." Erwin said.

The smile on Erwin's lips faltered when Y/n started crying. She buried her face on Erwin's face to muffle her cries. Erwin just sighed and sadly smiled. "Shhh...it's okay. You can cry as long as you want." Erwin said.

Levi, Hange, Moblit, Nanaba and Mike arrived. Erwin motioned for them to stay quiet and to go away first.

The five veterans felt worried and look concered upon seeing their Y/n crying. The h/c girl already became their happy pill, so seeing Y/n sad is making them sad, too. Yes, even Levi.

The captain already treats Y/n like his younger sister, even like his daughter. He said he won't get attached to anyone else but Y/n is an exception.

The h/c girl gave him a feeling of having a family and friend. That feeling he already forgot what really felt like because he didn't have it for a long time already. The feeling of having someone who understands him. Well, he has someone. Erwin.

But Y/n is different. Her presence feels so platonic and family loving to Levi.

Hange pout and tried to walk towards Y/n and Erwin to join the two's hug, but Levi already got a hold of them and quickly pulled them away.

Moblit covered Hange's mouth to prevent the brunette from making any noise. Nanaba and Mike followed behind the Levi, Hange and Moblit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- One Month Later - Five days before the survey corps' 57th expedition -

Y/n shut her eyes after her father threw his whiskey glass on the floor. The glass broke into pieces and messily scattered around the floor. The whiskey inside the glass spilled on the ground and made a mess.

"What were you thinking when you joined the survey corps?! Do you want to end up like me?! Crippled?! If you're not lucky enough, you could die, Y/n! What kind of stupidity is this?! Why are you wasting your life just to become a survey corps scout?!" Frank shouted. His face is so red because of his anger. His fists are clenched tighly as well as his jaw.

Felicia who's beside Y/n held Y/n's arm and put hid Y/n behind her. "Brother, please calm--"

"Stay out of this, Felicia!" Frank said.

Felicia sighed and shut her mouth. She kept Y/n behind her, scared that her brother might hurt Y/n again.

Y/n came home to tell them about her first expeditiom outside the walls five days from now. But when the h/c girl arrived at their house, her father was already fuming in anger upon seeing her. Apparently, Frank learned about his daughter joining the scouts, and he's not really happy about it.

He was okay already with Y/n being a soldier after he saw Y/n's bravery in Trost. He learned from Felicia that Y/n will join the Military Police Brigade.

But when he heard about Y/n joining the survey corps instead of the MPB, he got very mad. He's was not a good father to Y/n, but Frank is still has a heart to feel worried, concerned and scared for Y/n. Frank knows very well how dangerous it is when you're a soldier belonging to the survey corps.

"Did Erwin convinced you to join them?! Did he use his smart mouth to get you to join that rotten regiment?!" Frank asked.

Y/n clenched her fists. "Don't call the survey corps "rotten" you were one of them in the past." Y/n calmly said.

"Yeah! I was! And I fucking regret it! Look at me now, Y/n! This is what I got from that shitty regiment!"

Y/n stared at her father, she knows that Frank feels useless now that he's a disbaled man. She knows that her father's pride is hurt. She knows that now Frank hates himself very much.

"That happened to you because you fought for humanity. Your sacrifices didn't go to waste, dad." Y/n said.

"It did go to waste, Y/n. How many times did I go outside the walls just to watch lots of my comrades get eaten and we still find nothing about them? How long has it been but we still don't know what those titans are really are? My sacrifices...my comrades...all of us...our life...it got wasted chasing something we don't even know what." Frank said.

Y/n's eyes twitched when she saw her father's eyes becoming glossy. "You...you don't know how it feels. The feeling of always losing to those bastards outside the walls. And I don't ever want you to feel that, because it'll make you miserable." Frank said.

Y/n wasn't able to say anything. She just looked down and teared up. Ugh. I feel so tired...I can't even think right now...damn it. I hate myself...fuck it.

"I can't...leave the survey corps anymore. And I will still join them until we find out the truth." Y/n said.

Frank shut his eyes and locked his jaw then he turned his back on Y/n.

"Fine! I know I can't change your mind amymore! Go and waste your life!" Frank said. The man walked out without saying anything else to Y/n.

Y/n just let out a deep sigh.

She looked at Felicia who side-hugged her, and kissed the left side of her head. "Your father is just worried for you, Y/n. Please don't misunderstand his anger for you today." Felicia said.

"I know..." Y/n said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Night Before the Expdition -

The survey corps soldierd are all present in the mess hall for their dinner. The mess hall is lively and everyone's just enjoying their meal before they go to fight the titans again tomorrow, outside the walls.

Jean is together with his friends in the training corps, even Eren joined them. Their superiors are also present in the mess hall and relaxing for the night before their 57th expedition.

Everyone's taking their time having fun and bond with each other.

Because they all don't know if they'll be able to have another meal and bond with their friends/comrades after their 57th expedition tomorrow.

Jean's eyes landed on squad Hange and. He's wondering why Y/n is not with her squad. "Did anyone of you saw Y/n?" Jean asked. Eren and the others looked at Jean. "She's not with her squad. And I haven't seen that idiot since this morning." Jean said.

His friends shrugged.

"I haven't seen her too. She didn't attend our training today, too." Eren said then he sipped on his drink.

"Y/n is upstairs."

Jean and everyone else looked at Levi who stopped beside their table. They suddenly sat properly and fixed them-selves because of the intimidating captain. "At the rooftop." Levi said.

His eyes were fixed on Jean, who already looks like he's about to shit.

"Tch." Levi clicked his tongue and then walked out, rolling his eyes at Jean. Jean was hell dumbfounded.

"Did you do something that made captain Levi hate you?" Ymir asked Jean then she laughed out loud.

Jean frowned. "I didn't do anything. Tsk...I guess he hates everyone." Jean said which made all of his friend laughed. The young man then just quickly finished his food and drink.

"I'll go first. Bye, idiots." Jean said.

He stood up and then walked out.

Jean waved his hands at his friends withoug looking back when they all said good night to him.

The young man made his way out of the mess hall and went straight to their HQ's building. When he arrived, he stopped in front of their building.

His brows furrowed when saw Y/n sitting on the edge of the rooftop while staring at the dark night sky.

"Oi!" Jean said.

Y/n looked down on him. The h/c girl raised a brow at him. The wind blew making Y/n's h/l h/c hair to be blown by the wind. Jean stared at Y/n. The full moon is up above, just behind Y/n and he felt like he's looking up at a goddess. The goddess of the moon.

"What are you doing there?!" Jean asked. But Y/n didn't answer him, instead, Y/n just smiled and waved at him. Jean felt relieved. He thought the young lady will ignore him. "Just stay there! I will go to you!" Jean said.

The young man run inside their HQ building. He went to the room going up to the rooftop of their HQ. When Jean arrived at the rooftop, he was surprised when he saw a lot of bottles of beer on the ground. "Idiot! Did you drink?! And why the hell are you there when you're drunk?! What if you fall?!" Jean worriedly asked.

He rushed towards Y/n who just looked at him. Jean held Y/n's arm and just stood in front of her.

He noticed that Y/n's cheeks are a bit red because of the heat she's feeling from all the beer she drunk.

"Mhm? What are you doing here?"
Y/n asked with a lazy smile plastered on her lips. She poker Jean's forehead.

"Miss me?" Y/n asked.

She chuckled and shook her head. "You nust've missed me, huh? I mean, we hadn't talked for a while..." Y/n said. She tried to stand but almost fell, thankfully Jean is holding her.

Jean sighed and pulled Y/n. He helped Y/n to stand. Y/n lose balance while trying to stand, leaving Jean with no choice but to wrapped an arm around her waist. Y/n leaned her head on his chest. "Y/n, you shouldn't have drink. You know that we have an expedition tomorrow." Jean said in a serious tone

He was about to start scolding Y/n, but the young man was surprised when Y/n wrapped her arms around his waist and just rested her head on his chest. "Jean, I'm sorry." Y/n said.

Jean gulped, he soon felt his heart beating fast and hearing it beating loud. "F-for w-what?" Jean asked.

He wanted to curse himself for stuttering. It's just not so like him.

"For being a bitch to you." Y/n said.

Jean raised a brow. He looked down at Y/n. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Y/n sighed. "I shouted at you when I first saw you here. I got angry and said hurtful things to you, then I even ignored you. So, I'm sorry." Y/n said.

"Oh..." Jean said. His arms slowly wrapped around Y/n, hugging her back. His right hand went to the back of Y/n's head and started caressing it.

"It's all okay now. Just forget it."

Y/n just nod her head. Her hug on Jean became tight. "Jean..." Y/n said.

"Yeah?" Jean said.

"Why is it...that you care so much about me?" Y/n asked.

"Huh?" Jean said.

Y/n let go of him, the h/c girl looked up at him, Jean was surprised when he saw that Y/n's eyes are teary.

"Is it because I'm your best friend and a family? Or is it...because I'm more than that to you?" Y/n asked.

Jean was dumbfounded. He stared at Y/n with a genuine confused look.

"Huh?" Jean said, still confused.

Y/n stared straight into Jean's eyes. "What am I...to you?" Y/n asked.

Jean's eyes widened. His cheeks went red with the answer he came up on his mind. "Y...you're someone I--"

"Oi! You two...go back to your own dorms now. It's time to sleep."

Jean shut his eyes when someone interrupted them. Y/n and him looked back and saw that it's Levi with Hanji.

"Oh...did we interrupt something?" Hange asked.

Jean scoffed and just shook his head.

"What a great timing..." Y/n said.

The h/c girl smiled a bit and let out heavy sigh. "Get your ass to your dorm, Y/n. Tch. Drinking the night before an expedition." Levi said. The raven-haired male captain shool his head then walked out, Hanji waved at the two then followed behind Levi.

Y/n looked at Jean again who's now also looking at her. She smiled at the young man. "Good night." Y/n said.

Jean nod. "Y-yeah...good night." He said and then just stared at Y/n's face.

The h/c girl walked passed by him. And again, Jean watched Y/n walk out from him. "You're someone I want to have by my side forever." Jean said. But he only said it when the h/c lady is not in his sight anymore.

Her question...

I wonder if she'll ask me that again?
_____________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 244 6
eren jaeger x latina!reader slight!jean x latina!reader disclaimer! : ANYONE CAN READ THIS STORY! you don't have to latine to read, so EVERYONE ple...
442K 15.4K 32
Y/n was engaged by her childhood friend, Eren. She kept this secret from her due to Carla's request, to only tell him about this arrangement when he'...
71.5K 1.9K 32
๏น™โญ”๏ผŽ๐Ÿณ "uhm, so carla asked me to take uh..."โŸ† ( ใ€ƒ"let me guess." you started, "brunette bastard?" ๏ผŽ) โ˜…โ˜†๏น” "i heard that, jerk!"๏น† โ—ƒ๏ผŽ y/n is a intro...
246K 8.5K 80
{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the at...