Is There Someone Else?

By AkariStokes

Zara Campbell thought she had it all : a great business, great support system and an even better husband. But... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE :
It's Over.
Can't Change Anything Now.
Second Chance.
Who's That Girl?
Let Me Take You Home.
She Is So Beautiful.
Are You Okay?
I Do.
And Who The Fuck Are You?!
Marry Me?
Will You Teach Me One Day??
That Rock Is Phenomenal!!!
She's In Labour.
It's Too Late Now.
Author's Note.
The Way You Make Me Feel.
Have The Letters Stopped?
No Other Way.
You Lied To Me.
What Transaction?
He's Quite The Fighter.
How Did This Happen?!
Don't Be Late.
Author's Note.
𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞.
I'm Sorry Mason.
Be Safe.
Years Later.

Our Little Guy.

3.1K 62 6
By AkariStokes

After an excruciatingly painful birth, about a week later we were ready to leave the hospital. One thing I was grateful for, apart from Baby D, was that the pain in my lower region has gotten increasingly better, and I could walk by myself.

Soon as we walked in our house, we were greeted by his Mason's brothers and wives holding a ton of blue and silver balloons.
"Heyyo!!!! How's the little guy ehh?" Hunter came in front, his Italian accent thick in his voice.

"He's great, he eats like his father though."

"Pfff, I could believe that sweetie. Good to have you back with our nephew this time." Bellowed Nadine who was holding the salad bowl.
Soon enough everyone wanted to see our boy, with aww's and ouu's everywhere in the room.

"Ugh, I wish we would have one more baby, right Dom?" Cried Mila to her husband who was already trying to evade the conversation.

"Uhhhh, hey who's hungry, I know I am!!!!!!"

"Oh shup Dom, you know you want another baby, you know, just before we came here he -"

"Hoekay sweetheart, don't get too carried away now!!" He said closing her mouth with his hand, making us all laugh.

The rest of the day was a blur, with occasional questions and advice about being a new mom, which was very helpful, but fuck I was tired.

"So Zara, what have you guys decided to call him?"

Me and Mason looked at each other before answering, "we've decided on naming him Drew Tanner Anderson."

"Sheesh, we should've left the baby naming to you guys, y'all are good at this." Said a surprised Logan in the back, followed by hums of approval.

"Okay guys, I think we should give the parents some time to relax and enjoy this moment yea? We'll drop by as much as we can guys. See you later!!!!"

¶¶¶¶¶¶

30 minutes and a diaper change later, Drew is finally asleep, and I get to have some me time. It doesn't last long before I hear a noise from downstairs.

'What the fuck are you doing here?!'

'Son I just want to talk to you, it's urgent.'

'I have nothing to say to you, not after what you have put me through.'

'Bullshit, you just want another cash injection to save your dying business. Just cut your losses and retire already old man, you've lost the hang of things.'

I walk down the stairs to see who he's arguing with.
On the other side of the door I see a much older man, probably in his mid 70s, with full head of grey hair and a striking resemblance to Mason.

Before I get a chance to say anything Mason turns and sees me, before extending his hand out for me to take, before holding me close to his side.

"Is there anything else?"

"Ahh yes, a little birdie told me that you're a father now, and I'm guessing this is the lovely fiancee."

Something about his smile seemed very....sinister. He just gave off bad vibes.

"Not that it's any of your business anyways. Just go, I mean it this time. Stay away." I've never seen him get this way, especially over family. I held onto his hand to calm him down which seemed to work almost immediately.

"Alright then, I guess I'll be on my way. It was nice meeting you....Zara."

"Likewise." Replying as curtly as I could.

He may have sensed the tension in the room before leaving, occasionally stealing glances our way.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

"What the fuck was that?"

"I don't know, but I don't trust him one bit. He won't stop at nothing to get what he wants. But I'm ready for him."

"How come he never asks your brothers? How the fuck are you always his scapegoat?"

He ran his hair through his usually neat hair,
"Because me divorcing Fiona led to her family pulling out from their merger. It's led to a lot of employees resigning, as they weren't quite sure if they would get paid their monthly salaries. Decrease in manpower, means decrease in productivity, means overwhelming workload on the ones that do decide to stay but eventually they also leave because of over-exhaustion."

By the end of his rant my eyes were the size of saucers. "Bruh, that's tough."

"I know, but I'll get to the bottom of this."

"Remember, you don't owe him shit. Don't let him play on top of your head." I pulled his head close to mine, planting a kiss on his cheek, "plus, I'll be there to support you, every step of the way baby."

"What would I be without you?"

"A 35 year old single lonely man." The smile on my face widening.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Unknown P.O.V

"Dear, stop!!!! You're just stressed, that's all. He'll come around soon!!!"

Killian couldn't stop thrashing objects around, seeing red all around him.

"HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT, DOES HE MARJORIE?!?! MY BUSINESS , OUR  BUSINESS IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!! ALL BECAUSE HE'S NOT ENOUGH OF A MAN TO FORGIVE FIONA!!!"

Marjorie doesn't see this side of him often, and it scared her. Her efforts to calm him down did little for him.

"Killian, are you saying that he didn't even consider helping us? We're his parents for heaven's sake!!!! It's his duty to help us!!!"

"Ohhhhh, don't worry Marge. We'll make him come to, one way or another. And I've seen the supposed woman who he's planning on marrying. A fine creature if I may add, it would be a shame if something bad were to happen to her."

Marge's face paled immediately, shocked upon her husband's proposition.

"Killian, don't do anything stupid. He may be our son but he won't hesitate to put you behind bars!!!!"

"Whatever Marge. He doesn't even know anything. Well...I hope he doesn't. Otherwise it'll be such an ugly sight for us all."

"I hope you're right. We can't afford to lose everything we've worked hard for."

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Dominic's P.O.V : (Mason's Oldest Brother.)

All our lives, we have been taught by our crook of a father that whatever we want, we have to fight for. Even if it leads to blooshed. That's how he's always managed to secure all that he has accomplished to this day. Well....whatever he has left, since he's been dealing with some shady businessmen who have left him with a pretty penny short.

Thank Goodness we didn't turn out like him. We actually loved working hard for our successes. We were comfortable, knowing that all me and my brothers worked for, would sustain us long term, because you would never squander something that cost you blood, sweat and tears.

Us being the older brothers, me being the oldest, followed by Hunter, followed by Logan, the goofball of the family. Then at the very bottom we have little Mason. We've always been protective of him knowing the influence our father would always try to instill in him.

But ever since we had families, and gotten married, we didn't really have any chance to guard his young mind from his schemes. Eventually we heard that Father planned for him and Fiona to get married, as a business transaction. And that, my friend, is how we got to know about his shady dealings that got him into some bad shit.

We never liked Fiona. She was always different from little Mace. She was into the finer things in life, expensive cars, travel almost every week, designer bags, along with that freakishly high voice of hers, heck she was even a fucking whore, sleeping with anyone who had more money than him.

Whereas Mace on the other hand, loved the more simple things in life. He appreciated nature, he loved going on nice trips to the beach, or just staying at home reading a nice book. He's never been one to be flashy. He's always had a lot of money, he just never liked to show it.

As soon as he divorced her, we had the biggest smiles on our faces. He was finally free, and exhausted, from his misery. We were convinced that he would never, ever find love again. Well, scratch that, because he's never really been the one to fall for someone. He's never even had a girlfriend. Only a few one night stands here and there, but even those eventually bored him and he stayed away from females in general.

And THEN!!!!!!! came Zara Campbell. Beautiful, smart, entrepreneur who's calm, peaceful aura just radiates off of her. From the moment I met her at our barbeque, I knew that she would be the one to treat my brother well. Although the massive age difference freaked us out, she's a very mature person for her age. She didn't even have to do much to wrap little Mace around her finger.

Our eyes tend to drift off to them every once in a while, and the same lovestruck look is plastered on his face. He looks at her like it's the first time they meet. You could imagine the look on our faces when they told us that not only are they engaged, but are also having a fucking baby?!?!?!

I fucking screamed like a little bitch that day. Not because I'm like....extra and shit. But because I never would've thought he would find true love and a family all under a year, all from him seeing her in a club, lmaoooo.

But anyways, back to the present. Mason's planning a 1 year anniversary gift for Zara, and he has asked us to be in charge of the planning, since his dumbass doesn't know shit about the nice stuff.

"Ayooo, Mila!!!! Is everything ready for next week??"

"Yeah!!! It's all systems go!!! I just hope that she likes it!!!"

Don't mind the screaming, we're in different rooms. Me hiding from the kids, that is.

"Okay cool!!! I'll pass on the message yeah?"

"Okay!!!"

"Daddy!! Daddy!! Daddy!! You're back home!! Come play with my doll collection!!!!!"

Oh fuck, don't have kids please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 20.9K 42
Caira and Chris have always been best friends. Their moms were friends since a very young age, Caira and Chris are bound to be close and best friends...
26 0 8
Zara is attractive and she knows it. Every single boy from her school would give anything to have her. Due to (un)fortunate circumstances, she moves...
31.8K 868 30
❝ We both know she deserves a better boyfriend. But I know she can't leave me. She can't see the problems that I have. She's blinded by love. ❞ Alyy...
82.3K 2K 32
You and Zak have known eachother for years. Went through all of school together too! What's going to happen when you know you've fallen for him.. and...