Off The Rails (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

Namura Yuji was a normal 15 year old with a pretty crappy quirk. He's quite the trouble maker; a delinquent a... More

1: Introducing...Him
2: Ice To Meet You
3: To Catch An Owl
4: To See A Ghost
5: Test It Out For Yourself
6: I've Got To Go Away
8: Help Me Out Here
9: Partners In (Not) Crime
10: Irresponsible Parenting
11: Real Deal
12: The Fall From Grace
13: Keep It Clean
14: Good Luck Out There
15: My Dinner With The Problem Child
16: Reunion Tour
17: Ahoy There
18: Calculated Mistakes
19: Surprise?
20: Can You Believe That?
21: Three Trench Coats In A Kid
22: We'll Burn That Bridge When We Get To It
23: Coming In Clutch
24: Get In The Spirit Of Things
25: Your Opinion Is What Matters
26: And So It Begins
27: The Yee To My Haw
28: The 4th Element
29: Take A Chance On Me
30: The Warning Signs
31: Can I Steal That? I Promise To Keep It Safe
32: Where In The World
33: The Great Escape
34: Throw The First Punch-Make It A Good One
35: Enough Hands To Hold Both Of Yours
36: How Many Walls Does A Room Have?
37: Catch 22
38: Welcome To ̶H̶e̶l̶l̶ School Pt. 1
39: Welcome To ̶H̶e̶l̶l̶ School Pt. 2
40: Do It For The Fame
41: Loose Lips Sink Ships
42: Take On Me
Finale
Epilogue

7: Why Is It Always My Problem?

9.2K 437 94
By silverowlbells

Now, you guys haven't gotten a visual representation of what Yuji wears while out saving people, so here you go! 

I wanted to go against the grain for superhero outfits and make the areas around his eyes just a little bit darker than the rest of the mask instead of lighter. 

And yes, the mask is supposed to cover his whole head and neck that awkwardly. He's trying really hard to keep himself unidentifiable. 

(Also my art isn't great, please don't expect something beautiful or even half decent! I'm just trying my best 😭😭) 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Bro I am going to absolutely flop this test." Izunami groaned. 

"Is it possible for you to talk like a normal person?" Saito asked, taking a sip of his drink. Izunami stuck her tongue out at him. Yuji rolled his eyes.

"Just fuck already you two." He commented. "Yeah, get a damn room." Miyazaki chimed in. Saito glared at them. 

"Like fuck I would ever get with her." He rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah I've known him for too long." Izunami said, shivering. "Our moms would find out immediately and then it'd be weird.". 

"Forgot you two were basically forced to hang out as kids." Miyazaki said. "I don't think its possible to like someone you've known for that long.". 

"It is." Yuji said, taking a sip of his own drink. Passion fruit was the superior boba flavor, by the way. No room for debate. "I know a couple that've been friends since kindergarten. I don't know if they have sex or not but they definitely like each other.". Yuji strangely felt like blushing when he said that. Sex talk wasn't anything new for his friends, or for him, yet when it came to Bakugou and Midoriya...

"Oh yeah?" Izunami asked, her voice mischievous, "You've started hanging out with couples now?". 

"I guess. What, scared I'm gonna ditch you guys?" Yuji asked. 

"Nah, scared I was going to lose that bet." The girl said, holding an open hand out to Miyazaki. 

"Nothings been confirmed yet. Hold your damn horses." He shot back. 

Yuji raised an eyebrow. "What was this bet about now?" He asked. 

"If you'd be the first person we knew to have a threesome. Now pay up Miyazaki." Izunami said (way to casually for the fact they were public). 

"You think I did WHAT?" Yuji asked, looking around to make sure not too many people heard that. 

"Well come on." His friend said with a smile. "You're-you know-you. Resident skirt and pant chaser.". 

"What is this-1935?!" Yuji asked incredulously. "I'm not a damn 'skirt chaser'. I like to flirt.". He tried to defend himself but really there was no defense. 

"You flirt with everyone." Saito observed. Yuji narrowed his eyes. 

"I don't flirt with everybody. Maybe I just flirt with you guys." He said, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"See! There it is." Izunami said, shaking her head. "I can't take you anywhere.". 

"You still love me." Yuji said with a laugh. 

"And you're lucky for that, asshole." The girl said, shoving him gently on the shoulder while she rolled her eyes. 

------- --------- ------------ --------- ---------- ---------- ---------- 

Typically Yuji liked to sneak off to his room after dinner. Patrol waited for no man, and it certainly didn't wait for dessert. 

However neither of his parents were men so a lot waited for them. 

"You're coming down to the gym with me after dinner." His mom said offhandedly. Yuji looked over at her. 

"Why?" He asked slowly. She gave him a 'look'. Uh oh. 

"You haven't been in there for ages. You're going to get rusty." She said. It obviously wasn't the truth, but she wasn't going to budge on that. 

His ma put her hand over her mouth like she was sharing a secret and stage whispered 'good luck'. His mom kicked her under the table and laughter bubbled out of the teen. 

The little family finished up dinner and Yuji begrudgingly followed his mom down to the gym. She didn't bother turning most of the lights on so the ring she had chosen was basically just in a spotlight. 

Putting boxing gloves on was basically unfamiliar to Yuji at this point. He hadn't properly trained since becoming Ghost/Night Owl/whatever it was people called him these days. Typically he just wrapped his hands and hoped he didn't break a knuckle. 

He hadn't so far, so he had to be doing something right. 

His mom on the other hand was all too familiar with the feeling of the gloves on her hand. She was an interesting one. Raised in a family that valued tradition above all else in a small town that was obsessed with gender roles. They made the girls at the local high school take home economics for gods sake! That'd be fine if they made the boys do it too, but they had gym class instead. How fucked up was that. 

So she ditched the place at 18, became a boxer and met his ma. 

She was damn good at it too and although Yuji knew she'd never actually hurt him, fighting her was still nerve wracking. 

His mom dinged the bell twice in a way that seemed almost sarcastic and raised her fists in a fighting pose. Yuji did the same and they circled each other once. 

"I'm going to cut to the chase." She said, throwing a jab. Yuji dodged easily. He threw one of his own but she had just as easy a time moving out of the way. "Where the hell are you going when you sneak out of the house at night?". 

"You know about that?" He asked, genuinely surprised. His mom rolled her eyes and he tried to hit her again. She just moved his hand away with her own. 

"Where do you think you get your super hearing from? 'Cause it wasn't your ma." She said, throwing a straight. 

Yuji tried to strike back, half landing one hit and completely missing with the other. 

"You've gotten better." His mom commented before she tried to jab him again. Yuji dodged easily again. They had a pretty solid rhythm going now. 

"I miss you completely and you say I'm getting better?" Yuji asked incredulously. His mom smiled. 

"I meant the one you landed, but you can take it however you want kiddo." She said. "Anyways, where are you going off too?". 

"You know I'm not going to admit to anything." The teen said. His mom huffed out a sigh. 

"I knew you wouldn't." She admitted. "Are you at least being safe.". 

"Umm...maybe?". 

"Yuji!" 

"Okay, okay. Its perfectly safe." He groaned, "You don't have to worry.". 

"I don't know if I believe you." She said, wiping the building sweat from her forehead. "Do you have adult supervision at least?". 

Yuji's mind immediately went to Eraserhead. "Yes?". 

"A responsible adult?" She asked, going back on the attack. 

"More responsible than I would prefer." Yuji said honestly. His mom seemed to relax at that. 

He'd seen stuff like this in comic books and on tv before. Vigilantes feeling guilty after lying to their parents about where they've been. He didn't really feel guilty because his moms definitely already expected this of him. And he wasn't out drinking! That's like-5 times better than most of his friend's weekend plans already. 

------ --------- ------------ --------- ---------- ---------- ---------- 

Later on that night Yuji decided he wouldn't patrol today. He hadn't gotten any leads on the Nomu and Eraserhead was out of town so he couldn't spend a night stalking the pro hero, trying to get tips on how to, you know, 'hero'. 

Was hero a verb? It should be. 

Yuji was taken out of his thoughts by the sudden buzz of his phone. Sure it was in his bedroom and he was on the roof of the building, but he could still hear it. He climbed down and back through his window to grab it. 

On the screen was a dark photo. It was taken from one side of a window. 

But the inside of the window sent shivers down Yuji's spine. Nomu. So many Nomu. 

It was from a pretty shady connection he had made to a local retired yakuza. 

'Kamino's warehouse district, XX street.' The message read. Plain and simple. 

Well fuck. Guess Yuji was going to Kamino. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Yuji's hero outfit I wanted something more spiderman inspired, because of course that was some major inspiration for the character, but then I realized Yuji doesn't have a healing factor or super strength so he can't really be walking around without at least elbow pads and thick fabric that doesn't rip easily.

Basically he gets hurt to easily for a skin tight body suit 😭

I realized recently that he has the best pain tolerance out of all my OCs. Because he feels things more intensely, he deals with nearly 30 times the amount of pain from a wound that a normal person would and pushes past that. 

On the other hand Chiharu from Because has the worst pain tolerance because he's invulnerable. Its so hard for him to get hurt that when he does he doesn't really know what to do. 

To be fair, getting hurt when you have bulletproof skin is pretty hard in the first place, but it happens. 

Anyways stay tuned for Yuji cleaning up U.A's mess! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.8K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...
5.3K 125 43
In a world where 80% of the population has a superpower, called "quirks",Kuromaru is a 15 year old boy living with his adoptive father, Toshinori Yag...
30K 690 8
That day started just as any other for Bakugo. But a visit to the rooftop would change his life forever, because standing there at the railing was a...
5.1K 229 45
Deku, a 14-year-old fanboy, struggles with something seemingly unsignificant but unpermits him to become the greatest hero of all time. He never real...