Cycle of Pain [Uchiha Itachi]

By u4ryah

Uchiha Itachi Fanfic Perhaps it isn't our time yet or maybe, we aren't just for each other. Maybe we just ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 7

78 6 0
By u4ryah

"Lord Third" I uttered as I arrived at the Hokage tower's roof. "You called."

"I did." He said, blowing a few amount of smoke as he continued to inhale another shot from his cigarette. "Spare me some of your minutes before your mission departure." He then walked towards the railings so I had no choice but to follow him to get closer. "Are you aiming for a kill? You know you have your orders, Aki." 

Grin flashed through my lips as he muttered that. I must say that he really knew me so well. I told you, he has eyes every corner of the village, he knows everything that is happening within the village. Whether when or how did he find out is something I shouldn't meddle anymore. He has the right though. 

"I have to kill, Lord Third." I said as I fixed my mad eyes on his. He didn't flinch though, he just stood there, carefully examining me, trying to discover what's behind my glares. "The creatures inside me have to." I finally said. "This is a win-win. Now that they're residing inside me and at the same time giving me power. I have to return the gesture, Lord." 

These creatures will cling on me forever as a reminder that I am a person who returned to the land of living after experiencing death.  This isn't similar to the Edo Tensei. That is a product of Jutsu while this is the product of 'Death' itself. It's a different matter. Unless I die again, they'll be gone also. 

"What will happen if you don't kill?" He asked, blowing another smoke. "Will it kill you?" 

My grin widen as his serious eyes turned into shock. "My sanity will lose. Would you like to handle that?" 

As if I would let that to happen, Lord Third sighed of disbelief before massaging his temples, turning his back on me as he stared on the monument. Lord Third found himself thinking about our conversation last time, my confession. He remembered my sacrifices, Itachi's sacrifices actually - The reason why I'm here. A potential threat to his village. 

But I know that he knew where my loyalty lies. I would never betray my blood, my family and my home. Yet there's something he wanted to question but refrained himself. It is, 'What will she do if Itachi disappeared?', 'What path will you choose to walk on?', 'Are you going to let yourself experience nothingness... again?'. He sighed. 'Love do really makes people do stupid things'. - He mumbled on his head. 

"Don't get caught." Was his last words to me before teleporting away, probably on his office. 

"I don't intended to... father." 

( - _ - )

I can't believe this. No one notified me about this. I wasn't informed about the Assassination Unit that will team up with me! Why in hell, of all Team in that damn unit, they sent Itachi's team to lead this mission?! 

Shisui - yes, I can only think of him. He knew beforehand about the team that will join me but didn't tell me about it. Damn that Uchiha, damn them. Damn all of these... 

"You must be the one we're going to accompany." A feminine voice from behind me was heard so I turned my body on her, giving her a bow of recognition. "You're too formal." She smiled underneath her mask. "I'll be looking forward to work with you, Crow." She uttered in sincerity. And since I now wear my mask, she knew immediately my codename. Crow. 

"Yes, I, too, will be looking forward." I peered through the sockets of my mask. I released a smirk. 'How naïve' - I thought. And even though she enveloped her voice with her fake sincerity, I know everything. Assassination Unit must have heard about my performance last exam, hmm? No wonder why she's emitting such... resentment towards me. I don't even know her. Who is this pest anyway? 

I focused my chakra on my eyes in hopes to identify her lineage. 'Oh!' - I beamed at the back of my head. 'A clan less woman but a daughter of a fine shinobi.' - very well. 'She must be so irritated by now, hm? I mean, an orphan like me, got adopted by the Sarutobi, topped the ANBU exam and now, for my first mission have to be an SS-Class. It must have caused her a lot. 

 "Enough." Said Itachi from above the tree, wearing his Weasel mask. 

He is the only one in this group who sensed my Killing Intent towards this impertinent woman. If he hadn't butt in, I may have decided to include her on my little disposal later. I must say, I'm impressed again. He's only a year older than me but he knew how to make himself known. He deserves better than handling this kind of job. He should become Kakashi's advisor - such important job for a person who has the mind like him. It suits him very well. 

"We're going to depart now. Prepare yourselves." He commanded icily then dropped himself to the ground to level his eyesight on us. His unit stood up in front of him stiffly while I remained in shadow, leaning myself on a tree-trunk. 

Such ruckus earlier this morning. 

"Crow." He called so I had no choice but to get out of the shadows. I appeared behind him as I am not a member of his team. "You have your orders." He reminded. 

Empty threats - might I mumbled. He's sending me a message to act properly. He sensed my suffocating killing intent earlier, he must be warry now. After all, this is his team but do I have to care? This is our organization. This is the ANBU - the darkest organization residing in the village. Permitted by the Clan heads and the Lord Hokage himself. What a joke. 

"Yes." I told him coolly. "I'll leave the killings to your team." I lied. Why would I leave the climax to your maggots? "Leave the information gathering to me." 

"Cocky." I heard someone from his team. "She's not even our age. Why is she alone for this SS-class mission?" They asked. Oho, so almost everyone from his team resents me? 

I smiled underneath my mask. Jealousy and envy might jeopardize this mission. How cruel. How... negligible. 

"Are you questioning the direct orders from the Hokage?" Itachi asked sternly. He's using his authority and knowledge to put them on their place. Wonderful. A brilliant mind like him should be truly given a place on the council. But I highly recommend Shisui than him. I beg to differ, Shisui is more collected than Itachi when it comes to decisions. He's more rational and fine, I'm not saying that Itachi was not. But Itachi is more suited to stand beside the Hokage which is Kakashi - in the near future of course. 

"No." He answered, slowly backing from the starting argument. "Just concerned. She looks fragile." 

Fragile? Me. okay. 

Not until then, Itachi chuckled making them wonder why. His chuckles were dark, full of ill-intentions towards his team. Eventually, they are down on their knees for the reason that Itachi's Killing Intent is venomous. 

"We're going now." Said by him before turning his back to regain his cool. In the first place, he didn't have to defend me. I can defend my own but... same old, same old.

Our trip was rather silent than awkward. They apologized for degrading me but I know that those apologies were empty. They must be waiting for the right time to attack me or just give me a blow so they could release their frustrations. Ha, ha, funny. I understand them because I am also frustrated myself. 

"Enemies ahead." I announced, making their sensor flinched. "S-Class ninjas." 

"Affinities?" Itachi asked. 

"Water. Probably from the Mist." I answered. Not until then, their sensor backed up my claims, ashamed. She's ashamed that I felt the enemies before her. A sensor. Man, how I love making people uncomfortable. "Careful. Ambush ahead." 

"Distance?" Asked by Itachi. "Wedge formation." He ordered his team and in an instant, they're on their formation. While me, I remained on Itachi's back. Eyeing every possible hole for their ambush. They can hurt everyone, even me... but him. And if they did, they can say goodbye to their wonderful desires. 

I must admit that this formation is suited for the geographical location of our mission. We're heading to where the Hidden Mist direction is, an open ground. They may have the upper hand if they want to counter their ambush formation. 

"They're using shades as cover. I'll stay within the shadows." I informed Itachi and was about to disappear when he stopped me. 

"No." He said with authority. "Stay close behind me." 

"But-" What is he thinking? He knew that this opportunity is the best for me to remain in shadows and collect information. 

"Stay with me." I stunned, looking at his back and now his ponytailed hair. "Leave the purge to us." I see. So he caught on. "You have orders. Don't kill anyone." 

"I won't." I lied, I'm sorry. "I find this opportunity to build a network. I am a captain of myself. I find it captious to listen to yours." I told him coldly. 

"Damn. Sometimes, I wish for you to not to be this smart." He whispered but I clearly heard it well. "Go on. But If I saw you kill anyone, I'll knock you down. No hard feelings. Just orders." I sighed. Shisui - again, he's the only person I could think. He must ordered him to watch my movements. Damn these Uchiha. 

I disappeared behind him but appeared not too far away. I can still see them jumping branch by branch with the same formation. I remained hidden on the shadow while I stood up above the branch. 

Once they have entered the 100 Meter distance, I appeared nearer behind Itachi's team. The enemy is aiming for a kill and there I find out what's their goal.

They are aiming for the Uchiha. Probably Itachi's visual prowess. "Lord God, another Danzo. Sharingan maniac spotted. Damn." I complained to whoever who can hear. 

As I touched the ground to sense their numbers, I laughed. 50 S-Class ninja for Uchiha Itachi? How odd, Yagura. No - Obito. Why did he even agreed to attempt capture Itachi? He should have just killed their elders like what I am planning to. He's so low for allowing them. 

I casted a shadow clone, ordering it to establish a network in the town nearer before collecting the scrolls of information. My real self will deal with them for a while. I hopped above the tallest tree to have a better view below. Itachi's team started to engaged themselves to the enemy. Luckily, Itachi predicted their demands. He ordered them well to handle them. 

What a nice leader. Always knew how to make my heart flutters. Just how lovely to see this chance again. Do you even know what Itachi made me fall in love before? It's his fighting skills. I love how dearie he moves his body to swiftly avoid and defend himself and then attacked undetected. Killing his opponent coolly.

Later that moment, grin flashed through my lips as the creatures inside me started to crawl out, invisibly hunting their prey, making Itachi's team widened in shock. And even if he use his Sharingan to find out what was happening, it is undetected. I deliberately made them to cover their existence as I don't want another cornering session. Especially from Itachi. 

"C-Captain..." I heard someone called Itachi. Itachi seems to snap back from his pre-occupied thought by her call. "W-What is happening..." She asked dumbfoundedly. 

The enemies eyes popped while my devils continued to devour their very existence. Brains peering out, I can see them devouring it little by little. Itachi give the impression of being scared and I know why. He feared uncertainties and now the enemy is invisible and not even his Sharingan could detect his enemy, no - , his possible enemy or ally. 

"Jump above the tree, let's back down and watch for a while." Good call there, Itachi. It is the best decision for now. Their enemies are hidden from his activated eyes, and he can't risk their life just like that. They have orders themselves but seeing their enemies being devoured by a ghost presence made them afraid. I could hear their continuous gulp from where I am sitting at.

"Their presence... it feels cold." Their sensor mumbled. Itachi asked her why, "It is cold. Like the feeling you would feel when you enter a morgue." She responded. 

"You mean dead?" Itachi asked, receiving a nod from her. "Then it must be why they're unseen."

"Is this the Lord Second's?" Another member asked, referring to the Edo Tensei. Oho, he knew about that forbidden technique of Lord Tobirama, hm? I'm intrigued. 

"No." Itachi said, sitting down the branch. "If it was, then it should be detected. Not unseen and disgusting like this. They're devouring them. You can now see their insides, bitten parts, their brain is peering out now." Itachi said in disgust. I grinned silently. His intuition is really sharp as razor. "Whatever creature they are, they must be carnivorous. It's a luck we're out of their range... I hope." 

They continued to watch what was happening below in disgust. The sounds of cracking bones and munching flesh filled their ears. I could see them restraining themselves not to throw up. Then a while after their silence, sun started to die down.

 "50 person... to be devoured by an unseen creature..." Their sensor said, harboring the feeling of nausea and afraid. 

"Let's go now. Let's leave this situation first. We have mission to finish. Let's find Crow first." Itachi said. 

As if it was my cue, I jumped from above to their branch. Surprising everyone even Itachi. They got kunai's on their arms pointing at my direction. "I got what I wanted. We should head back now." I told them, suppressing my snickers. My clone just got back and now I have all the memories as well as the scroll she had obtain. 

"Oh, that's disgusting." I told myself when I saw the situation of the enemy now bones. They're now bones. My cute little devils devoured them very well. Not even a living could eat faster like them. Aren't they cute? 

"You're done gathering information?" Itachi asked. He then eyed the scrolled I held before releasing a sigh. "Then let's head to the river first. Let's camp there first before heading back. Don't lower your guards. The enemy must still be around." He ordered. 

I can't help but to snicker. They look like they saw death and just came back without sanity anymore. I feel like I robbed their fortune in life, I feel accountable. Well, disgusting was understatement. That situation earlier was odd. It was mystifying - making everyone thought that there was something more of that. It is not only that the enemy is unseen, but the feeling of death that lingers around them. 

Itachi must have thinking of reporting it to the Hokage by now. I wonder how much he would gag after hearing his report. 

I released an earful sigh when we arrived near the river, "I will cast a barrier around us. Be at ease. You got your captain with you." I told them. They are so stiff that I could hear even the smallest gulp from them. It is making my ears tick from irritation. I understand that they're traumatized now by the sickening scenery earlier but they have to stay in calm. 

"You have my thanks, Crow." Itachi said before casting his fire style to create a little campfire. I then casted a protective barrier around us. Finally making them at ease. Just so you know, my barrier is powerful. 

And then I was about to jump down the river when I saw a sharp and well-polished sword aiming for Itachi's neck. I always knew that this team will be jeopardize by envy and jealousy but to this extent? Really. 

I don't have time to switch my place with him so the next thing I knew, Itachi was now protected by my body. Arms enveloped on his shoulder. My left palms shielding his head for a possible slash. 

He is now safe.

"It's okay." I said smiling. Itachi just now realized that he's on my arms. His eyes were wide as he stared on my being. He then disappeared in front of me, probably killing or restraining his assailant. 

Not too long, my head is now leaning on his shoulders. His arms were wrapped around my waist as if he's helping me to keep my balance intact. 

"What are you thinking!!" He shouted. He didn't removed his embrace on me and just continued to press a certain part on my back. Did I perhaps get stab?! "Healer." He called. "Healer!!" He shouted frantically. 

Until I puked a blood on his shoulder, I released a small chuckle. "You're noisy." I whispered to his ears. "I'll be okay." 

Because you're holding me with your arms again. You know Itachi, I would do anything for you. Whether it pains me or torture me, I don't think I ever had much of a choice to begin with. When I first felt that I am starting to love you, that's when I thought that this will become my defeat. And it turns out I'm correct. I may be jeopardizing my own life for you, but know that I am doing this because of my love for you. From the moment you gave me permission to enter your life. From the moment you said you loved me too, I've always thought that I lived in a dream. 

'You are my future' - I thought as our eyes met. 'You are my world.' My world was beautiful because of you. 

"Fuck." I heard him curse. "Stop laughing for Goddamn sake, you're injured!" He shouted again, finally loosing his cool. 

"You." I weakly pointed to someone. Itachi's co-leader. "Take your captain away for awhile. He needs to regain his cool." I ordered with authority. 

He grab a hold of Itachi's shoulder but stopped when Itachi tightened his embrace. 

"I will stay here." He said. "I won't leave." He said abruptly. So stubbornly.

My heart flutters as tears started to escape my holds. I wonder, if there are other cases that I would hear those words from him again. Not only with this kind of dreadful situation... but in rather calm and comforting. 

"Trust your healer. I won't die from such stabs-" 

"It was poisoned!!" He shouted. 

"See?" I said chuckling. "Take him away now. You can knock him out, he'll forgive you later." I suggested. And there he delivered a chop to Itachi's neck, making his head fall on my shoulder. I caressed his head before pushing him away so he could be carried by his co-leader now. "Let him regain his cool. I will be okay." 

Slowly, my consciousness started to fade. Their walking figure started to become small until I lost them. My breathing became unstable as their healer started to release a vast amount of healing medical chakra to stop the poison spreading. 

"I trust your ability that you would cure this." I told her. She nodded. "Let me sleep for awhile. Tell your captain to not freak out when he came back." 

Remembering his frantic figure earlier made me sleep with a smile imprinted on my lips. I fell in slumber after hearing her response, 'I will'. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 27.2K 37
"You know, the thing about failure is that it only makes me want to try harder." . . Minato and Kushina survived the Kyuubi...
5.3K 128 7
A Naruto fanfiction. After a mission together, Naruto and Shikamaru can't get their minds off one another, but with their current workload, they cont...
143K 3.6K 23
Uchiha clan and Hyūga clan have a living secret... Hira Hyūga was born from the two clans.. funny thing is she is the half-sister to Itachi and Sasu...
1.4M 49.5K 64
"do you think it's possible to fall in love with a face you've never seen?" uchiha y/n, who has walked in Itachi's shadow all her life survives the m...