THE GILMORE GIRLS

By Bella22222227

A mother Lorelai Gilmore, twin sisters Rory Gilmore and Eva Gilmore. Rory is the all around good girl. Smart... More

Characters
S1 E1 : "Pilot" (Part 1)
S1 E1: "Pilot" (Part 2)
S1 E2: "The Gilmore's First Day at Chilton" (Part 1)
S1 E2 : "The Gilmores First Day at Chilton" (Part 2)
S1 E3 : "Kill Me Now"
S1 E4 : "The Deer Hunters" (Part 1)
S1 E4 : "Deer Hunters" (Part 2)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 1)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 2)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 1)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 2)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 1)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 2)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 1)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)

S1 E9 : "The Dance" (Part 1)

293 8 4
By Bella22222227

It was Friday night, which as always meant Friday night dinner. So here we are, Mom, Rory, Grandma and I all sat around the dinner table, eating some fancy dish that I have yet to decipher, but that also means I probably don't wanna know what it is. Grandpa wasn't here because he was out on some business trip.

Lucky man, lucky man

"Your grandfather called last night and told me to let you know he is bringing you back something special from Prague." Grandma started.

"Wow, Prague. How amazing is it that he is in Prague?" Rory questions in awe of what Grandpa does. I mean I am too. Who wouldn't love to travel around the world while you worked. It sounded like a dream.

"It's supposed to be lovely, very dramatic castles everywhere." Grandma continues to tease us. Rory and I looked at each other with a smile, knowing we were picturing traveling the world.

"Did you know that the cell that Vaclav Havel was held in is now a hostel?" I added unneeded fact, but I thought it was interesting, "You can stay there for like $50 a night." I continued as Grandma nodded her head.

I looked at mom to see that she was uninterested and playing with her food down in front of her. "Hey maybe on our trip to Europe we could stay in his cell?" I put out a proposition. Rory was quick to agree with me by nodding her head.

"Absolutely. Then we should go to Turkey and stay in that place from 'Midnight Express.'" She was quick to disregard, taking the fun out of the conversation.

"Lorelai, what are you doing?" Grandma was quick to ask, seeing that same thing I was.

"Getting rid of the avocado." Mom answered, taking a break from her food and looking up at mom.

"Since when do you not like avocados?" Grandma questioned.

"Since the day I said, 'Gross. What is this?' And you said, 'Avocado.'" Mom narrated her answer for us.

Grandma was quick to ignore mom, "I'm focusing on you two now." She said as her eyes flickered between me and Rory, before taking another bite of her food, "Tell me all about the Chilton formal next week." Grandma insisted.

Uh oh

Rory and I had talked about the formal, but neither of us really seemed up to it. First, formal dances and school events weren't really Rory's thing and I don't have friends at Chilton except Rory, so if she decides she's not going then I'm not.

Secondly, I would have to ask Justin to go with me to the Chilton dance, which would mean Tristan would be there. I really did not want those two to interact until I figured out one-hundred percent what I was feeling. I couldn't get what Katie had said out of my mind, "If he's just a friend, then why bring him up now?"

Like I get what she is saying, why would I bring up an unimportant person during the very little time we hang out together. I should be talking about Justin or Rory, even my mother, but instead I wanted to tell them about Tristan.

I wanted to tell them about him and I at my party. I wanted to tell them about how he makes me laugh. I wanted to tell them about his perfect brown eyes and playful smirk. But what does all this even mean? Does it mean that I like him? But I can't like, like him when I've admitted to myself that I love Justin, can I? Either way, that is the main reason that I'm not going.

All of that aside, since Rory and I weren't going to the dance, we hadn't said anything to mom.

"There's a formal?" Mom was quick to ask, her head shooting up from her plate to look at Rory and I.

"How do you know about that?" Rory questioned, annoyed that she had brought it up.

"Yeah, how do you know?" Mom also asked, focusing on Grandma.

"I read my Chilton newsletter." Grandma explained.

"Since when do you get a Chilton newsletter?" Mom confronted.

"Well, as a major contributor to the girls' education," Grandma started as she got up from her chair, "I figured I had the right to ask for a newsletter to be sent to my house."

"Are you serious?" Mom exclaimed as she watched Grandma leave the room for a second before reappearing with the newsletter in hand.

"And it's a good thing, too. Since you don't read yours. One of us should be up-to-date on the girl's school." Grandma called out mom.

"Hey, mom, I read my newsletter." Mom tried defending herself, but we all know that she didn't.

"You did?" Grandma pretended to believe her, knowing she didn't.

"That's right." Mom continued.

"What was the picture on the front cover?" She quizzed.

"Uh, I-It was a picture of a really rich kid in plaid." Moms stumbled out her words, trying to come up with something.

I shook my head, knowing the answer as Grandma revealed what it actually was, "It was a spotted owl." Grandma answered her question.

"In plaid." Mom joked, making Rory and I chuckle.

"The owls are endangered, and Chilton is taking donations to help them." Grandma explained the picture, while taking her seat, "You both made a very nice one, in case you're interested." Grandma finished leaving Rory and I a little shocked.

"Mom, don't be giving donations on behalf of them. I'll do that." Mom complained as she wanted to be the one to do those sorts of things.

"How can you do that when you don't read the newsletter?" Grandma nagged.

"I read the newsletter." Mom went on with her story, but again it was just a lie.

"You didn't know they're taking donations." Grandma mused as she stared at mom to my left.

"It's a private school, they are always taking donations. They teach a class in it, I'll get them next time." Lorelai replied to Grandma's last remark.

"Well, what about the owls?" Grandma asked, tilting her head.

"They'll live." Mom responded clearly forgetting why they were on the cover.

"Apparently they won't. That's why they needed donations in the first place." Grandma spoke what I was thinking.

"So, you have a formal coming up?" Mom changed the subject to the dance. I preferred the other one better. I've done so much thinking about this dance, I really didn't want to talk about it too.

"Yeah, but I don't think I'm gonna go." Rory told mom about her plans.

"Nonsense, of course you're gonna go." Grandma was quick to judge Rory on her decision.

"Mom, if Rory doesn't want to go, she doesn't have to go." Mom stood up for her, giving her mother a side eye.

"Well I don't understand why she wouldn't wanna go. I mean I'm sure Eva's going." Grandma replied as she gestured to me.

"Actually I was thinking about staying home too?" I quietly revealed as I looked down at my plate. I knew saying that was only gonna lead to a bigger blow up from Grandma, but I didn't want to just stay silent about it either.

"I'm gonna go get another coke." Rory was quick to say after the table went silent. She stood up from her place at the table and went to the kitchen.

"I'm just gonna," I started as I pointed at the direction Rory went, "Yeah." I ended, dismissing myself from the table and following Rory into the kitchen.

~~~

"Why didn't you mention the dance?" Mom questioned from the front seat. We were on our way home from Grandma and Grandpa's. Mom was driving, Rory took the passenger seat and I was laying across the back seats.

"Cause we're not going." Rory stated for both her and I. My eyes were closed as I rested my head against the window. I was listening to the conversation, but I was super tired after school and Friday night dinner.

"Oh." Mom nodded her head, "But why aren't you going?" She further questioned. I had a feeling she was going to convince us to go to the dance by the end of this conversation.

"Because I hate dances." Rory blunted told mom with no further details.

"Good answer." She chuckled before thinking, "Except you've never actually been to a dance." She explained.

"So?" Rory asked, not picking up what mom's putting down.

"So, you've got nothing to compare it to." Mom continued her explanation as I opened my eyes and stared at the roof of the car in absolute boredom.

"Eh, they're are alright. Depends on who you are with." I added my own input since I had been to a dance before.

"Well, I can imagine it. It'll be stuffy and boring, the music will suck, and since none of the kids like me, I'll be standing alone in the back listening to 98 degrees." Rory huffed as she pictured what'll be like and I can't really disagree with her.

"Okay, or it'll be all sparkly and exciting, and you'll be standing on the dance floor listening to Tom Wades with some great-looking guy staring at you." Mom created her own scenario of what could happen. I'll admit I like hers better.

"What guy?" Rory pointed out.

"Maybe the guy who hangs out in our trees all day waiting for you to come home." Mom teases, clearing meaning Dean.

"Dean does not hang out in trees." Rory defended, although we know he does.

"He bashed his head on a branch last week when I came out of the house too quickly." Mom pointed out. I let out a giggle at the story.

He is totally whipped for her.

"Why do you care if I go?" Rory asked, changing the subject to the previous one.

"I don't care if you go." Mom told her, "I just don't want you to miss any experience because you're too afraid."

"I'm afraid? Of what?" Rory questioned mom's statement about her.

"Of asking Dean, of him saying no, of going to a dance with kids who haven't accepted you yet, of dancing in public, of finding out you should never be dancing in public." We both listened as mom listed a ton of things that could apply to both Rory and I.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Rory interrupted as she looked down at her hands.

"Listen, I know you are not miss party girl, and I love you for that but sometimes I wonder do you not join in because you really don't want to or because you're too shy?" Mom admitted, "if the reason you don't want to go is because you really don't want to go, and not 'cause you're afraid, then this is the last time I'll mention it, I promise."

Rory sat in silence for a second, pondering over what mom had just said. I can't believe that she is actually thinking about going.

"I don't have a dress." Rory gave in, without saying the exact words. Mom smiled,

"I could make you one." She offered.

"Really?" Rory sounded hopeful.

"Oh yeah, we could get some great shoes and some new earrings. We could get your hair done." Mom continued to make it seem like a great idea.

"You won't think I'm an idiot?" Rory questioned still on offense.

"It depends on what hairstyle you choose." Mom teased, "This dance could be great for you." She smiled at Rory.

"Alright, now that I have you going. Why isn't my party girl going?" Mom finally asked as she looked through her rear view mirror at me. I knew this was coming sooner or later.

"I just don't see Justin wanting to go to a Chilton dance." I answered, which was semi true. I couldn't see him getting all dressed up in a tux, just to take me to a school dance, but I also don't want Justin and Tristan to be in the same place.

I know it's stupid and I shouldn't be worried about it, but I am. Tristan and I have been on great terms lately. Of course there is still the teasing and mocking, but it's what makes my day enjoyable. I really enjoy spending time with him, but after I do, I can't help feeling a little guilty because Justin and I have also been in a really good spot. We've been able to connect on a deeper level. I've told him things I never told anyone before and I love him. I know I do, but then why do I feel guilty after hanging around Tristan? It's not like we do anything. There is nothing to be guilty over, but yet I can never shake that feeling.

If I decided to bring Justin to this dance, who knows what could happen. Justin is not a jealous guy, but I also haven't been completely honest about Tristan. I've told him that he doesn't bother me anymore, but I haven't told him how close we are. If Tristan decides to come over and start talking to me it could cause more problems than needed. For both relationships. There are way too many 'what if's' to make me feel comfortable about asking Justin to the dance. I'd rather just not go.

"Well, have you asked him?" Mom questioned, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No, but seriously mom. Justin in a tux? It's just not gonna happen." I shook my head, trying to convince her to let it go.

"Sweetheart, that boy will do just about anything for you if you just asked." She started, "No, on any other occasion I couldn't see it, but at a formal dance, that you asked him to, then I could totally see it." She explained and she's not wrong.

I know Justin would probably say yes if I asked nicely, but I've been convincing myself that he wouldn't want to go.

"I don't want to force him into going if he doesn't want to go, Mom." I shrugged, not giving up just yet.

"You haven't asked. How do you know he doesn't want to go?" She questioned.

I huffed out because she was right and I had no answer. "See, just ask him. You never know what could happen."

~~~

Today was the day that I finally spilled my guts to Katie about Tristan. We had been walking around the town square for about an hour, going in laps, as I gave her a detailed report on my thoughts about this Tristan and Justin situation I have found myself in.

When I told Katie about my guilty feeling around Tristan, she said that it was because and I quote 'Whether you would like to admit it or not, you have a crush.' I of course got a little defensive since I know I like Justin and I wouldn't do that to him. However, she did go to say that it was okay to find other guys attractive. She even admitted to finding a couple guys cute, but as long as she doesn't do anything about it, it's okay.

Which I can understand, it's hard not to find people attractive. As long as you don't disrespect the person your in a relationship in, then no hard feelings, right?

After a while of coming to terms of that, I finally brought up the dance. "Would he even say yes?" I questioned as we lapped the square once again.

"Why would he say no?" Katie questioned, looking at me as if I were insane.

"He just doesn't seem like the type of guy to get all dressed up for a school dance." I thought aloud, it was hard for me to picture Justin in a tux, especially for something as silly as a school dance.

"I think you forget how much you have that boy wrapped around your finger." Katie chuckled.

"Okay, so then he says yes." I shrugged as I started to think of what comes after that, "What about the whole Tristan thing we just discussed?" I asked feeling overwhelmed with all the possible scenarios.

"I'm sure it will be fine, he knows your taken, he'll see you with him and from what you described he seems to be a good guy." Katie thought out, trying to help ease my nerves.

"Yeah, but that's only how Tristan acts towards me, I could see him getting defensive and becoming a jerk to Justin. I just don't want to take the risk of something happening." I worried and ran my hand through my hair.

"Okay, you're officially thinking too much into this." She chuckled at me. "Do you want to go?" Katie simply asked.

"Kinda." I muttered, looking down at my feet as we stepped through the snow.

"Then ask Justin, don't let possibility of Tristan get in the way of asking Justin to this dance. I'm sure everything will be fine." Katie finished her advice as she wrapped her arm around me.

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to ask Justin. Like Katie said, everything should be fine.

"Alright, I'll ask him." I gave in with a small smile.

"That's my girl." Katie said proudly as she lead us over to Justin's house.

~~~

Katie had lead me all the way to Justin's house, making sure I wasn't going to back out before ditching and heading over to Josh's place. Currently, I stood outside the door, questioning if I was really going to do this.

Katie should have waited until I was inside to leave.

My stomach felt like I was going to be sick for the stupidest reason. It's just a dance, if he doesn't want to go, it's not the end of the world. There would be plenty of opportunities to spend with him. Plus if he says no, I wouldn't have to worry about any Justin, Tristan drama.

I took a deep breath deciding to push all my nerves away before knocking twice on the door in front of me.

I've never been to his house before, I wonder who's home? Before I could even think about my answers the door opened and there stood a boy who I assume is Justin's older brother.

They look weirdly similar. If it wasn't for the slight height difference, I probably won't have noticed.

"Hi, I'm Eva." I introduced myself as I awkwardly stood at the door. He flashed me a bright smile, one I've seen before, before introducing himself.

"I'm Derek. It's nice to actually meet you. I swear all Justin talks about you and football." He laughed at his younger sibling as he opened the door, letting me walk through. I smiled as I stepped into the house.

"Mom, come meet Eva before Justin whisks her away." Derek called as he shut the door behind me.

The house was very pretty, a mix of reds and whites accented the furniture and walls. As I looked around I could see family pictures hung on the wall and framed on tables. It was homey.

To my right I heard footsteps, as I looked over I saw a woman, probably mid forties come around the corner.

"Oh my, you are beautiful." She said right off the bat. I couldn't help but blush as she gave me a hug, which I returned.

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Rowan." I chatted before we broke the hug.

"Oh, no need for that, just call me Hope." She corrected as she took a step back, hands still on my shoulders.

"Okay." I shyly agreed.

"Derek, why don't you go let Justin know that Eva is here." Hope instructed Derek, who was still stood near the door. Instead of replying, he nodded his head before making his way up the staircase.

"Gabriel, Justin's father, is out with Gavin at his soccer game or else they would both be here saying hi." Hope kindly explained as she guided me away from the entry.

"Well please tell them I said hi. I'll have to meet them another time." I said as I followed her into the living room. The room was decorated nicely as I would assume.

There was a large brown leather sofa centered against the wall, a white decorative throw blanket tossed across the side. The hardwood floor was covered by a massive old-looking red rug which was accompanied by a wood coffee table, also centered in front of the couch. On each side of the sofa there was two green living chairs for extra seating and on the wall across from the sofa there was a small accent table, with a TV placed on top of it.

"Oh I'm sure you will." Justin's mom commented with a smile.

"Hey, I see you met my mom." Justin appeared with the same smile his mother just flashed me, his arm wrapping around my waist and his lips meeting my check.

I blushed under his touch, "I have, she was just telling me about how when you were two and you were running around the house after taking a bath, naked, but sadly you weren't quite potty trained yet and accidently had an accident on this rug." I smiled, poking fun.

"Mom!" Justin scolded as he turned his attention towards her, accusing Hope of telling the 'made up' story, "I told you not to tell her anything embarrassing." He whined.

My jaw was gaped as I looked back at Hope. She had a smile dancing on her lips as she we made eye contact, clearly she knew that she did no such thing, but found it funny that her son thought she told me.

"No way, I was joking! You really did that?" I admitted, the amusement however was clear on my face as I looked back at my boyfriend. At first, he looked clueless, clearly not getting the hint that I made the story up on the spot, but after it registered, he tried to play it off,

"No, I-I. I was just messing with you, silly." He stuttered, face burning red.

"Oh no, you so peed on this rug when you were two. There's no hiding that know." I shook my head, releveling in the fact that this was true. Justin just looked utterly speechless and had nothing more to say. Derek who I guess only caught the last part of this conversation started bursting out laughter from behind us.

"No way mom told her that story!" Derek said in-between fits of laughter. He was crunched over trying to catch his breath while he continued laughing.

This only made Justin more upset, his lips in a line as he held me in his hold. I couldn't help the smile that was growing on my face and eventually the giggle that slipped out.

"I didn't tell her anything. She came up with that all on her own." Hope defended, her arms crossed over her chest as she shook her head, a smile still on her face. You could tell she was trying her hardest for her son not to join in on the laughter.

"Oh god, I don't know why that makes it so much better." He replied, wiping the tears under his eyes that had spilled over because he was laughing too hard. His outburst had died down some but you could still catch the laughs that would escape in between sentences.

"Did she also guess about the time you were learning how to ride a bike, but instead of just admitting that you were scared you screamed that dad was trying to kill you?" Derek laughed as

I turned towards Justin and let out a gasp, "You did what?"

"Or, or," Derek couldn't help but laugh, "This one's good-"

"Okay, let's go." Justin interrupted his brother, grabbing my hand and dragging me up the stairs behind him.

"But I wanna hear this." I exclaimed, but nonetheless followed him to, I'm assuming to his bedroom. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips as Derek kept calling out stories to us from the bottom of the stairs.

I continued to giggle to myself as Justin didn't say another word as he pulled me behind him into his room. I took a couple steps in, taking in the small bedroom while he quickly closed the door behind him.

His room was small and simple with an almost calming vibe, just how I imagined it would be. His bed was pushed against the far wall beneath a window, a white comforter covering the mattress, along with some black pillows at the headrest. His room was painted a light grey and for a guy who is obsessed with sports, there were only three posters hanging from the wall, above his desk, which was littered with all his school work.

As I finished my examination of his room, I felt two arms snake around my waist from behind me. "Like what you see?" My boyfriend asks with his cheeky smile I can't see, but I know he is wearing.

"I dunno." I started, already planning on messing with him just a bit, "I expected a boys room to be a lot more messy. I kind of don't want you to see my room now." I laughed.

"Well I'm not your typical guy now, am I?" He hyped himself up, while slowing walking me over to his bed from behind me.

"Is there something you should tell?" I asked with my eyebrow raised, not being able to hold back the silly comment as I stood near the end of his bed.

Justin didn't respond, but I heard a slight chuckle from behind me before his two hands left my waist to grab my hips, turning me to face him. He was standing tall, towering in front of me from this angle. His eyes held a slight glimmer of mischief and his smile that I sensed he was wearing had slowly turned into a smirk.

His eyes flickered down to my lips before trailing back up to my eyes, his smirk growing in the slightest. I felt blood rush to my cheeks from the simple, yet irresistible action as he took his chance, bending down to meet my lips with his.

His lips always felt so soft and delicate. He knew exactly what he was doing as he guided my lips with his, running his tongue slowly over my bottom lip between his own. I smiled into the feeling, I will never get used to the way he makes me feel. So comfortable, so safe.

His hand came up to cup my cheek, taking the kiss to a slightly new level. My hand came up to hold his bicep, needing something to keep me steady as my head started spinning from his kiss. Our free hands found each other, interlocking as if we needed to ground ourselves even more.

I started to get lost in this moment, my body melting into his. I wanted to stay like this forever. No drama, no pressure, no thinking, just us and our emotions towards each other. But of course that's not how life is. Even if I tried my hardest to keep us safe from the outside world, it was unrealistic to think we could stay like this forever.

"Justin..." I mumbled against his lips. I needed to ask him about the dance before I chicken out once again.

However he didn't seem to want to break this moment quite yet as he answered in a slight hum, swapping my bottom lip for my top taking it between his.

I laughed at his eagerness, before slowly pulling back, taking his lower lip between my teeth, giving it a slight tug before releasing us from the kiss altogether. He made a slight groan in response, his eyebrows slightly creased together from the random act of passion.

I kept my face close to his, our lips not touching, but I could feel his lips brush mine if he decided to respond with words.

"I need to ask you something." I continued to whisper against his lips, his eyes remaining close, but he face more relaxed.

"Well, what is it?" He replied as his hand left my cheek and wrapped around my waist, holding me close, keeping the kiss on pause.

"Before I ask, you can totally say no, I won't be disappointed or upset. I don't even know if I wanna go, but everyone's telling me I should and if I do go, I would want to go with you, but again don't feel like you have to." I started to rant out of nervousness.

I've never gone to a dance with a boyfriend before, I'm not sure how you're supposed to ask and I didn't want him to feel obligated to go.

"Babe," He chuckled, finally opening his eyes to look at me. His hand disengaged with my own, following the actions of the other and wrapping his arms around my lower back. The look in his eyes and the smile he held told me he was amused by my ranting.

"You can just ask me. I might do anything for you and I have a feeling you know that, but I would tell you if it made me uncomfortable."

"There's this dance." I started, starring into his eyes, wanting to sense any hesitation but found none and instead his smile seem to get slightly bigger.

"At Chilton." I continued slowly, "And I was wondering if you would be my date?"

The mischief in his eyes earlier was gone and instead replaced with gleamer of what I believe is happiness. "I would love to be your date." He answered squeezing his arms around my waist.

"Really?" I questioned, I knew dances weren't probably his thing, "Because it's suit and tie and I know that isn't very appealing to you and I don't want you to say yes just becau-" I was interrupted by Justin leaning down and quickly shutting me up with his lips.

As fast as it started, it ended. "Ev, I want to go to this dance with you, as long as you want to go, I'll go." He reassured me, making sure I knew that he wasn't doing it just because he was trying to make me happy.

"Then I guess we're going." I smiled, my arms locking around his neck as I stand on my tippy toes before leaning in giving him a kiss as a thank you.

I went to pull away, however Justin had other plans as his hand came up to hold the back of my head, the other remaining on my lower back as he slowly guided me to lie down on his bed. I let him lower me to the bed, keeping my arms around his neck and my lips pressed to his.

He shifted us to lie on our sides as he crawled onto the bed next to me, not wanting to separate our lips even a little. Facing each other we continued to make-out on the foot of his bed. My leg hooked around his and his arm pulled me closer to him by my waist.

We stayed intertwined with each other for another 10 minutes. We kept the kiss slow and meaningful, knowing we couldn't get into anything more while his mother and brother were under the same roof. After a while he pulled back, putting some space between our faces, but kept our bodies just the way there were.

"Have you talked to your mom yet?" He whispered, wanting some insight to see how far we could potentially go, "I've talked to my dad. Which led to the embarrassing drive down to Dooses for condoms."

I could help the laugh that escaped me as I pictured Justin and his father walking up to the counter with his first box of condoms in his hands. He chuckled, finding the situation just a tad funny like I did.

"No, I haven't, but I will I promise." I finally answered him, running my hand through his hair.

"You know, we could always come back here after the dance if you talk to her today." Justin suggested looking deeply into my eyes, trying to read the situation.

"What about your parents?" I asked, a little hesitant on the idea, but not totally against it either. Before he answered, he took his finger and traced my jaw taking his time studying me as if he were going to be tested later.

"My mom and dad are going over to my grandparents, they won't be home until early in the morning," He started his answer as his hand dipped down to hold the side of my neck, "Gavin is staying at his friends house, and Derek is staying over at Bries house." He finished explaining how we would indeed have the house to our selves the night of the dance.

I couldn't help but smile at the idea. I didn't think I would be this excited about the mere thought of potentially taking that step with Justin, but here I am, tangled on a bed, with the guy I love, and I couldn't think of any better way than doing it.

"I'll talk to her." I smiled back at him before indulging into another kiss to seal my promise.

~~~

Standing in line for the tickets to the dance, I waited patiently with a book in my hands to distract me from this abnormally long line. I could hear Paris and Brook at the front taking money in exchange for the tickets as their voices seem to carry in these busy halls.

I tried to dive back into the imaginary world I was reading but before I could get back to the story, I heard the voice of someone who I haven't spoken too in a couple of days.

"And she's reading again. How novel." He teased as he came from the front of the line to join me in the middle. I smiled at the comfort of knowing someone in this still new place.

"What'cha doing, blonde boy." I looked up from my book, purposefully calling him by his nickname just to piss him off a little.

"Well, did you get the novel thing?" He questioned, walking forward with me as the line continued to move. I closed my book to give him my full attention as we stood in line together.

"Oh I did, I was just choosing to ignore it." I answered, "Now answer my question, what're you doing here? You already bought your ticket."

"Why are you in line?" He ignores my question once again and instead asking one himself.

"I like lines." I answer shortly. If he wasn't going to give me an answer, then I was going to give him nothing with the ones that I reply with.

"You know, the guys supposed to buy the tickets." Tristan turns his body to face me completely. I could tell that he had a motive joining me back here, but until he came clean I didn't want to assume anything.

"Really? Does Susan Faludi know about this?" I joked with a playful smile on my face. I didn't want to come across as rude, but I also wasn't going to answer him seriously.

"Unless there is no guy anymore."

There it is.

"Nope, the guy's still there." I tried to let him down in a playful matter. I know Tristan is the type to brush these things off in a way that isn't serious, so to make it easier I wanted to go along with it.

"Well, he's a cheap guy." Tristan took the chance to take a jab at Justin. "I told you I would be a better boyfriend." He commented.

"Well, what can I say? I like em cheap." I smile, defending Justin but trying my best to not hurt Tristan's feelings either.

"Look, okay, I'll confess something to you. I don't have a date." He says, looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes. I could tell where this was going and I really didn't want it to get there. I love the way I am with Tristan and just because I'm bringing my boyfriend to this dance I didn't want us to change.

"I'm sure theirs someone who wants to go with you. You'll find someone easily." I hype him up as we take a step closer to the front of the line, Brooks voice getting louder by the minute.

"Well, I actually thought you'd like to go with me?" Tristan asks, the playfulness in his voice completely gone and instead replaced with a slight serious and shy tone, all of which made me feel even worse.

My stomach started to turn a little due to the uneasiness of the situation. I was really flattered that he wanted to ask me instead of any other girl at this place, but once again I had to remind myself that I have a boyfriend at home.

"You're kidding." I tried to tease, my cheeks were a little warm and I knew I was blushing.

I could also sense that he knew what he was doing to me as he replied with a short, "Nope."

"You know I have a boyfriend!" I exclaimed, trying to get my point across.

He smiled at my response, as it wasn't a hardcore no, just me implying that I couldn't go with him because of another guy. However even though he had a smirk dancing on his face, I could tell that he was slightly disappointed by my answer.

"Okay fine. I'll take Sissy." He suggests instead with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"I think she would love to go with you." I agreed. But really, Sissy, he could do so much better than her. But if that's who he wants to bring her than he should.

"Well, then I better go give her my ticket." He trailed off, wanting to see if I would take the bait and dump my boyfriend for him for last time.

"I think I saw her by her locker." I rejected his last attempt before opening my book back up, even though I knew I would be to distracted to actually read it.

I heard a slight huff come from Tristan before I glanced up to see him walk away in the direction of Sissy's locker.

I couldn't help the disappointment in myself as I felt slightly sadden by the idea of Tristan going with another girl. I tried to remind myself that what Justin and I have is amazing and I really do love him, but the boy with blonde hair and brown eyes will always make me second guess myself.

"Next!" I heard Brook practically scream at me as I didn't notice I was next in line.

"Two please." I said as I handed my money over to Paris who gave me the stank eye. "Idiot."

"Excuse me?" I questioned, wanting to make sure I understood her properly before decking her.

Who does she think she is talking to me like that.

"I thought you said you didn't like him?" She questions waiting for Brook to pass me the tickets.

"Oh my god, did you not hear the conversation. I literally rejected him!" I annoyingly answered her question. "If you like him so much why don't you just ask him to the dance? He doesn't have a date." I told her. She's not going to take this out on me.

"Because he doesn't like me, he likes you." She fought back.

What the hell was taking Brook so long to grab the damn tickets. She was probably doing this to spite me.

"Well if you just grew a pair and asked him then you would know for sure. And by the looks of it he likes a girl with a little confidence so maybe it would help your case." I snapped at her.

She seemed a little taken back as Brook finally passed me the two tickets, giving me a sweet smile, but I knew it was forced and fake.

"I hope your date pulls through." She gave the unnecessary commented.

"Thanks." I gave her one back before I stormed off to the court yard.

~~~

I was sat on my bed, criss-crossed, doing some last minute studying for my literature class before the dance.

Mom was doing some last minute touches to my dress for the dance tonight. She started a while ago and it was getting later in the afternoon, so I knew I would have to start getting ready soon.

As I was writing my last set of notes for the book we were studying there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said loud enough for the person on the other side of the door would hear me.

The door opened as I closed my notebook, laying it down next to me on the bed. In walked mom with my beautiful white dress in her hands. She held it in front of her, showing it off as she stood in the doorway.

"Oh my god mom! I love it!" I squealed of happiness. It was perfect. A stunning dress which I knew was going to fit me perfectly.

"Oh thank you, thank you." Mom laughed as she brought the dress down and did two bows. I laugh with her, she could never take anything seriously, but that's why I love her.

"Alright, well why don't you start getting ready. Rory's doing her make-up downstairs." She suggested as she laid the dress down on the bed, making sure not to wrinkle it.

"Okay." I nodded my head. I still haven't talked to her about mine and Justin's plans for tonight. I know I should've done it sooner, but it's such an awkward topic. However, I know my mom and she'll be more upset if I don't tell her beforehand and she finds out after.

"Hey mom." I called out for her just as she was about to close the door behind her.

"Yes?" She smiled, turning back around in the doorway.

"Can we talk for a second?" I asked my hands started to sweat a little from nerves. I could tell by the way mom's face dropped for a second she knew I was serious about this.

"Of course," She said as she came back inside my bedroom, closing the door behind her and took a seat on my desk chair, "What's up, kiddo?"

"You've always asked me to be straight with you about things," I started, already wishing that this conversation was over. How in the world am I supposed to explain this.

"Uh-huh." Mom nodded, wishing for me to continue.

"Well Justin and I, we kind of, well-" I stumbled on my words, "We've been talking about," I took a breath to calm myself, "We've been thinking about having sex." I finally just spit it out.

Mom's eyebrows rose for a split second, clearly a little shocked by the subject, but they quickly relaxed and instead she responded with, "How long have you guys been thinking about this?" She said it in such a gentle tone that I knew she wasn't mad or upset.

"I mean, not long, maybe about a month." I shrugged, looking at her.

She just nodded, "Well, that's good. I'm glad it's not a spur of the moment type thing. Just make sure that you're comfortable with it, okay. Don't force yourself to do anything with him if you don't want to."

"I won't mom. I promise." I smile at her. I'm glad she's making this conversation easy, it doesn't feel as forced now.

"We were kind of thinking that maybe tonight I could go over to his place?" I said more as a question.

If she didn't want me to go then I wouldn't, but I was also hoping that she would say yes.

"Oh." Was all she said, but I understood and I let it sink in. I didn't really have anything else to say on the matter. "Would you guys be prepared if you did?" She asked in precaution.

"Yes," I answered, "Justin talked with his dad and he made them go and get condoms from Dooses." I added to make the situation more light-hearted. This made her laugh and I joined in with her.

"Oh how I wish I had seen that." She said between her laughs.

"Me too. I can just imagine the look on Justin's face when his dad made him do that." I commented while our laughs died down.

"You can go." Mom said quietly, nodding her head.

"Really?" I questioned, wanting to make sure that she was okay with it too.

"I wouldn't say you could go if I didn't mean it." She smirked, "As long as you promise to use protection." She pointed at me.

"Mom!" I exclaimed covering my face in embarrassment.

"I'm your mother, I'm supposed to say these things." She laughs before standing up and dusting off her jeans. "You better start getting ready or else you're going to be running late."

"Okay, thank you for the dress again." I smiled, I really did have the best mother a girl could ever ask for.

"Of course," She came over and kissed the top of my head, "Thank you for telling me. I'm glad you talked to me."

"Of course." I copied her words as she left my room for me to get ready.

"I better hear about it all when you get back missy." She yelled from down the stairs causing me to laugh and stand up to close my door, but before I did I yelled back to her, "You will!"

~~~

I had finished with my hair and make-up, both taking longer than I anticipated, but I have to admit that I look good. My hair was curled and styled perfectly and my make-up was very simple as I didn't want to make any bold choices.

I was glad that I told Justin to pick me up a little later than what Rory had told Dean.

I quickly slipped into the dress made just for me, quickly zipping up the back as I heard mom call from downstairs, "Come on, already!" To both Rory and I.

I giggled at her impatience as I through on my heels. I heard Rory call back, "I'm primping."

"You're 16! You have skin like a baby's ass! There's nothing to primp!" She yelled back as I finished lacing up my last heel, making my way downstairs just at Rory was coming from her room.

Mom's jaw dropped as she look at both of us standing in front of her. The magazine that she was reading falling to her lap. Rory was dress in a beautiful blue off the shoulder dress that look perfect on her as it brought out the blue of her eyes.

"Wow. Someone hit you both with a pretty stick." Mom complimented still in awe of her beautiful daughters as Rory stood in front of her and did a twirl. I just stood at the bottom of the stairs, not feeling the need to twirl around.

"This dress is amazing." Rory beamed as she looked down at the dress she was wearing.

"You really outdid yourself mom." I chimed in as we stood together looking as beautiful as ever.

"It's beautiful, baby. You both look beautiful." She said from her position on the couch. I smiled, knowing that it was the truth.

"Come here." Mom called to Rory, gesturing for her to come closer.

"What?" Rory questioned walking over to mom without the answer.

"Stray hair." Mom replied sticking her hand out to fix Rory's hair.

"Hmm, I think my favorite part is the shoes." Mom commented after looking Rory up and down with a proud smile on her face.

"The heels hurt." Rory complained making me laugh and finally join in the conversation.

"Beauty is pain, Rory. The sooner you learn that the better." I joked as I sat down on the other end of the couch.

"I'll just throw them on, on the way out." Rory explained her plan.

"You should wear them now and let your feet get really numb." Mom suggested joking, but also not.

"That's sick." Rory shook her head in disapprovement.

"Get me the hairspray." Mom changed the subject back to Rory's hair as I had already sprayed mine, but I knew mom knew this. Rory was quick to get up and find the hairspray that she had left in the bathroom.

"You know, Justin's not going to be able to keep his hands off of you tonight." Mom teased me as she gave me a wink from her side of the couch.

"Maybe that was the intention." I smirked as the doorbell rang, cutting mom off from whatever else she was going to say.

"It's open!" Mom yelled, not moving from her spot on the couch.

"It's me!" I heard Sookie call as she walked through the front door with a bag in her hand. "I got tacos!" She exclaimed holding the bag up.

"Yay!" Mom cheered as Sookie started explaining everything she brought.

"I got hot sauce and a couple of extra burritos to put in the fridge in case you get hungry later." She continued placing the bag on the coffee table, pulling out a burrito.

"Hey Sookie." I finally said hi as she was now in front of me.

"Oh my," Sookie started as she looked me up and down on the couch. It probably wasn't the most flattering position for me to be in, but that didn't seem to matter, "Don't you just look beautiful!" She squealed, "Stand up, stand up." She gestured.

I didn't hesitate to stand up and do a little pose, a smile bright on my face as Sookie continued to feed me compliments.

"Hey, Sookie! Look!" Rory called out as she walked through the doorway in her dress.

Sookie once again gasped, "Oh, my god! You're a movie star!" She said doing the same to Rory as she did to me just a second ago.

"I'm serious! Oh my.." Sookie smiled looking between the both of us. "At some point tonight, walk down a flight of stairs. Movie stars always walk down staircases." Sookie demanded in a playful matter. I laughed knowing that there was a pretty good chance for the both of us to walk down some stairs.

"Okay, come on, let me spray while you figure out what she said." Mom laughed, still not moving very much. Rory started to walk over to mom, holding out the spray bottle for her to take, but before it could reach mom, Sookie grabbed it out of Rory's hands.

"You don't move. I got it." Sookie demanded as she pulled Rory back to wear they were. Sookie eyed Rory's hair before she held the bottle up ready to cover her hair in hairspray. As soon as she pressed down on the bottle the spray came out, but instead of applying to Rory's hair, it sprayed Sookie right in the eye.

"Oh!" Sookie yelled in shock.

"Sookie!" Mom exclaimed from her seat.

"Wrong way. I-I got it." She claimed she was fine, but we all knew she wasn't.

"Are you okay?" Rory asked her out of caution.

"Yeah, sweetie. Hand that to your sister, and my eyelashes are all stuck together." Sookie told her, trying to point to me, but instead pointed way to my right.

"Here." I gestured Rory to hand me the bottle and sit in front of me.

"Honey, are you sure you're alright?" Mom questioned once again. I felt bad, hairspray to the eye could not feel good.

"I'm fine!" She called out as she slowly made her way to the kitchen.

"Shield the tacos." I told Rory as I shook the bottle in my hands. Rory grabbed the tacos and put them on the ground under the table.

"Okay, ready?" I asked as I shielded her face which was in front of me, then without a reply went crazy with the hairspray.

"God!" Rory hissed backing away from me in order to get me to stop.

"Okay. That'll be good for six slow dances, four medium ones, one lambada, but if you plan on doing any moshing I suggest another coat." I explain my ways, Rory looking at me like I've lost my head.

"Sometimes you are too much like mom." She chuckled to herself.

"Eva, sweetie, if this soap by the sink in the silver bottle?" Sookie called from the kitchen.

"No!" I exclaimed knowing that it was the soap she needed.

"Whoops." We all heard from the kitchen.

"Go in there, quick." Mom said to me as I got up and headed over to the kitchen. The doorbell went off again as I made my way into the kitchen to find Sookie bent over the sink trying to rinse her face.

"Hear let me help with that." I interrupted her, grabbing the silver bottle from her hands and grabbing the actually soap a little farther from the sink. I put the actual soap into her hands and watched her carefully as she rubbed that all over her face and eyelashes.

I had heard Grandma come through the door, but I was busy babysitting Sookie to really pay attention to what was happening in the living room. As Sookie started to wash of her face with the kitchen sink water, Rory came in and joined us, handing me a taco and grabbing two napkins, one for me and one for her.

She placed the napkin in her dress to make sure if she spills nothing would stain the fabric. I copied her actions, although I probably shouldn't be eating in general because of the white dress I chose.

"Okay, girls, come in here please!" We heard Grandma call out from the other room. We looked at each other and shrugged, I made sure Sookie was good before I followed Rory out into the living room.

"Hey Grandma." We both greeted at the same time, napkins covering our dresses and tacos in each of our hands. I could tell this was not what she expected to see as we walked through the hall to see her with a camera held up to her face.

"They have lived with you for too long." Grandma made the snarky comment towards mom.

"Girls, lose the bib and the taco, put on your shoes and come out. Let Grandma take the pretty pictures." Mom directed mostly Rory with the shoe thing, but we both listened and turned back to the kitchen. We pass Sookie on the way back, she had a towel held to her eye as she blindly led herself back to the other room.

I quickly took off the bib, placing it down on the table and put my taco on top of it, turning to see if Rory was ready, mom called, "Rory, Eva! Let's go! Your public awaits!"

I glanced into Rory's room to see she was back to messing with her hair, "Rory you look beautiful, now come on." I said from the entrance of her room, holding my hand out for her to take.

"Okay, okay." She laughed at herself, taking my hand as we walked back to the living room together.

"Oh my, you're gorgeous!" Grandma exclaimed to both Rory and I as she looked at both of us in out proper attire, bring the camera back up to her eye to take a picture. "Oh, smile." She directed again whilst getting on her knee to get a different angle. I laughed slightly at her eagerness to get the photo, but nevertheless went along with it.

"I'm so glad you decided to buy them a dress." Grandma praised mom, however it wasn't the right type of praise. I'm glad that Grandma likes the dresses enough to believe that their store bought, that is a good compliment for mom.

We heard two honks from outside and Rory immediately propped up, a smile on her face as she told us, "That's Dean." before turning around about to leave.

"Hey, come here." Mom rushed, holding her arms out for a hug. Rory came back over and gave mom the wanted hug. "Have an amazing time."

"I'll chronicle the whole thing for you, I promise." Rory joked, pulling back, saying bye to Grandma.

"I'll see you later." I shook her off, not needing to say bye to her when I'm going to see her in about 30 minutes.

"Where are you going?" Grandma interrupted Rory's sprint to get out the door as I took my place back on the couch.

"To the dance." Rory answered as if it were obvious, which I can't blame her for doing.

"You do not go running when a boy honks." Grandma sounds as if she were offended that Rory even thought of doing so.

Oh no this wasn't going to be good

"Mom, it's fine." Mom tried to defuse the situation, but I had a feeling that it wasn't going to work.

"It's certainly not fine. This is not a drive-through. She is not fried chicken." Grandma continued her point, making sure that everyone understood. I couldn't help but chuckle at the fried chicken remark, making me receive a glare from Grandma.

"But I told him to honk and I'd met him out there. We agreed" Rory tried to explain the plan which we had all discussed beforehand. I had also told Justin to just honk, wanting to get out of here as fast as possible, however now I made a mental note to call him once Rory left.

"I don't care what you told him. If he wants to take you out, he'll walk up to this door and knock and say 'good evening' and come inside for a moment like any civilized human would know to do." Grandma ranted, as I stared at her not believing this. Rory looked upset as she felt bad for Dean who thought he didn't have to come up to the door.

"Now, mom, this is silly. I have met him already." Mom once again tried to let Rory go. At this point I would've just ran off, but that's not Rory.

"Well, I haven't." Grandma argued.

"Yeah, but.." Mom seemed lost of words, glancing over at Rory.

"We will wait until he comes to the door." Grandma demanded, not taking no for an answer.

"He doesn't know he supposed to." Rory tried to defend him once again.

"He'll figure it out." Grandma replied not taking it. Rory sighed as I looked at her with a 'sorry' look before standing up and grabbing the phone next to her. This was insane.

We heard Dean honking once again, waiting for Rory. Rory pleaded Grandma to let her go out to him, looking to mom for help but she had nothing. We all sat in awkward silence, the only thing we hear were the honks of a car.

"He's not a really bright boy, is he." Grandma commented looking towards mom.

"Mom please." Mom begged Grandma but nothing came out of it.

Finally we heard his footsteps along with the doorbell going of three times. Rory rushed to go and get the door however Grandma once again stopped her, "Don't rush! A lady never rushes."

I just rolled my eyes, taking the phone and slowly started to make my way to Rory's room to call Justin. Before I tuned the corner I heard Grandma call out to Dean, "Young man, come in here please." as if he were in trouble.

I just chuckled to myself over this whole thing, it really didn't make any sense. I get the whole, the boy should come to the door thing, but we specifically told them to not do that, so what're they supposed to do.

I plopped down onto Rory's bed, dialing the number that I needed, holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hello." I heard Justin's mom voice come over the phone on the second ring.

"Hi, Mrs. Rowan. Is Justin still there?" I asked politely.

"Oh! Justin wait!" She didn't answer me directly, but I'm assuming she was stopping him from walking out the door. I heard some shuffling on the other end before I heard my boyfriends voice through the phone.

"Hey babe, what's up? I was just about to leave." He asked, his mother telling him who was on the phone.

"Instead of honking, could you come up to the door to get me, please?" I pleaded, not wanting to go through what Rory is currently going through.

"Yeah, of course," He agreed, "Can I ask why? You seemed pretty persisted for me to honk" He asked a little confused, but nevertheless would do anything I asked.

"Well, I wanted to just be able to run out as fast as possible when you get here, however my Grandmother has other plans and wants to say hi. She made Rory wait inside for Dean while he kept honking his horn. Poor guy had no clue." I explained the situation to him.

I heard him laugh on the other end of the phone, "Well thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't want to be on your Grandma's bad side." He teased.

"Exactly." I added.

"Oh! Before I hang up to come get you, have you talked to your mom?" He quietly asked.

The heat in my cheeks grew as I knew what was going to happen tonight, "I did." I started, wanting to build some anticipation.

"And?" He questioned, not wanting to assume anything, but I could tell in his voice that he was hopeful.

"I can come over after the dance." I admitted, shyly, as I bit my lip, thinking about tonight.

"Well then, I should probably get going before I'm late." He said, his voice was a little more suggestive then normal.

"Probably." I laughed before we both said goodbye.

~~~

I had joined Grandma and mom back in the living room only about 15 minutes ago. The only thing Grandma seemed to want to talk about was how Dean should have come up to the door like a proper gentleman. I was so glad that I was able to warn Justin because I could not put up with Grandma if I didn't.

It wasn't until a short minute later when the doorbell went off. Grandma looked presently surprised as I went to answer the door, not rushing.

"That's how a man should pick a girl up." Grandma made another snide comment. I just rolled my eyes, feeling bad for mom, before I opened the door to be met with the most handsome man I get to call mine.

He was dressed in a suit and tie, just like I had told him. His white button up shirt matched my white dressed, we looked good together. I watched as Justin's eyes wondered up and down my body, taking in the dress, while biting his lip.

"You look beautiful." He finally said after a second of starring, bring me closer to him by wrapping his arm around my waist, leaning in for a small kiss. I ran my hand up his covered chest before hooking my hand around his neck, letting myself relax into his kiss.

"Thank you." I mumbled with a small smile as we parted, "Now come on before she comes and grabs you anyways." I slightly laughed as I grabbed his hand from my waist, interlocking our fingers, guiding him to the living room to find Grandma and mom both waiting for us.

"Why don't you two look good together." Mom was the first comment.

"Thanks mom." I smiled, the redness on my cheeks becoming more noticeable, "Grandma, this is Justin. Justin, this is my grandmother, Emily." I introduced both of them, hoping that would make this all easier.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Gilmore." Justin greeted, holding his hand out for Grandma to shake. Once again, she seemed pleasantly surprised.

"It's nice to meet you too" Grandma replied, shaking his offered hand. Justin seemed like a natural in wooing people over so I wasn't surprised when he seemed to know what to do with my Grandma. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he practiced what he was going to say in the car.

"Alright, you guys get going. Have fun." Mom shooed us away, but before we turned to leave I ran over to give her a hug.

"Be careful." She whispered in my ear before letting me go. I smiled at her hoping she knows that means I will.

"Be home at 11." Grandma tells us.

Justin looks at me a little confused as I come back to his side. I look over at mom, who is mouthing, "You're good." to me and shaking her head.

I smiled grabbing Justin's hand once again, "Alright. Bye!" I called out to the both of them.

"Bye." Justin respectfully said to Grandma before I pulled him out of the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.3K 88
just a girl in love with a rich boy female oc x finn morgan
375K 7.6K 30
Sierra Gilmore: Twin Sister of Rory, Daughter of Lorelai, Girlfriend of Logan and Member of the Life and Death Brigade. With dreams to be an actress...
175K 3.1K 20
cecilia gilmore. daughter of lorelai gilmore and christopher hayden. twin sister to rory gilmore. cecilia is known as the outspoken twin. she is sma...
50.7K 1.5K 25
Eloise Gilmore is the twin sister to Rory. However, when Lorelai fled to Stars Hollow, she left behind Elsie. Of course, Emily and Richard raised Els...