Always For You. [Snape Romanc...

By MaralinaSakura

Four students have disappeared from Hogwarts without a trace to be found. When Cassandra is sent to investiga... More

Arc 1: Immaterial Bonds Chapter 1: Floating Ashore
Arc 1: Chapter 2: A Sandy Seabed
Arc 1: Chapter 3: Deep Drowning
Arc 1: Chapter 4: Seashells Have Secrets Too
Arc 1: Chapter 5: Icy Waves
Arc 1: Chapter 6: Stars Above The Sea
Arc 1: Chapter 7: Skipping Stones
Arc 1: Chapter 8: Conches Scatter
Arc 1: Chapter 9: Sleeping Snow
Arc 1: Chapter 10: Grains of Sand
Arc 1: Chapter 11: A Sweet Dream
Progression Plan: Arc 2
Arc 2: Delusional Reverie: Chapter 1: Remembrance
Arc 2: Chapter 2: Memories
Arc 2: Chapter 3: Resurgence
Arc 2: Chapter 4: Waltz
Arc 2: Chapter 5: Admiration
Arc 2: Chapter 6: Reality
Arc 2: Chapter 7: Arifica
Arc 2: Chapter 8: Calamity
Arc 2: Chapter 9: Perseverance
Arc 2: Chapter 10: Clarity
Progression Plan: Arc 3
Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation: Chapter 1: Far From Me
Arc 3: Chapter 3: Heroes They Are
Arc 3: Chapter 4: Futurebearing Clandestine Canopies
Arc 3: Chapter 5: Love, Time, Prophecies
Arc 3: Chapter 6: Invading Our Senses
Arc 3: Chapter 7: Resolution On High
Arc 3: Chapter 8: What Are Sacrifices
Arc 3: Chapter 9: What Hearts Wish
Arc 3: Chapter 10: Her Intentions Are...
Arc 3: Chapter 11: Meeting You Here
Arc 3: Chapter 12: The Tales Coming
Epilogue
Artist Gallery #1

Arc 3: Chapter 2: Right As One

7 2 0
By MaralinaSakura

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation
Chapter 2: Right As One, For Whose Call?

"That's my cue!" Ludo announced with great pride. "Enjoy the match, you two." With that, he darted his way towards the arena.

"Guess he must be doing some of the announcements." I commented as he grew ever smaller.

Severus and I began to make our way towards our seats. Dumbledore gave us the best ones possible in the VIP box. Right at the top of the arena, one could see the entire pitch and you were at the perfect height to see all of the players flying around on their brooms. 

As we sat down, my body began to shake in anticipation. The cries of excitement from the crowd were electrifying with the amount of energy they were giving off. Down on the lower levels, I could see people holding flags and banners displaying praise for their favourite teams and players. There were also bright fireworks illuminating the sky and each team had brought along sources of entertainment before the match would begin.

"I can't believe we're actually here." I said in amazement.

"Me neither." Severus replied, though his meaning was entirely different.

I did have to give credit to him where it's due. He was putting himself in a situation he definitely would rather not be in for someone he cared for. It did make me feel special.

After a short while, it appeared that everyone was now ready for the match to begin. All the sounds were deafening but it didn't bother me one bit. Settled around us, I did recognise some of the other people. Most of them happened to be pureblood families who could display their riches for all to see. I think I could see the bright blond hair of the Malfoys a little over yonder...

"Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup final!" Ludo's voice rung out over the arena. Down a few floors, I could make out his figure in the announcer's box. "I hope you're all ready for the showdown of Portugal versus Germany!" 

The crowd let out an incredible echoing cheer. 

"That's what I like to hear!" Ludo continued with even more confidence and hype. "Now, before we begin, a special guest has decided they want to say some words... at the last minute." Those last words were muffled but still somewhat audible. He probably didn't intend that. "A round of applause for our great Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge!"

The crowd gave a bit of a confused cheer but it was explosive nonetheless. My hands began to tremble slightly at the sight of Fudge. Had he seen me? I felt Severus place a hand on my leg for comfort. Hesitantly, I took a deep breath and a shudder shot through my body.

 "Yes, thank you, Bagman." Fudge said without much grace. He clearly hadn't changed at all since I left. It wasn't surprising but it still disappointed me somewhat. "Again, welcome to the World Cup final. The Ministry has worked exceptionally hard to bring you the best experience possible with safety as our utmost priority."

Riiiiiight.

"With that in mind, we should all remember why we are here: to enjoy the union of wizards across the world and receive the boons of that teamwork. We are stronger together than apart and I look forward to what we can achieve."

At that moment, I think we locked eye contact. His eyes visibly were filled with shock and his face went slightly pale. He quickly dismissed himself and Ludo took over.

"Well, wasn't that nice?" Ludo yelled. "I think it's time the game begins!"

All the players of both Team Portugual and Team Germany walked onto the pitch. Despite being so many levels below, I could still see Patricia Evergreen's striking red hair.  They climbed upon their brooms and the match began with the Quaffle, Bludgers and Snitch shooting off. 

*****

"Another score for Team Germany! This is turning into a real domination of a match!" the announcer yelled out. 

"COME ON!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was noticeably much less composed compared to everyone else in the VIP box but I didn't let that bother me one bit.

"What's this? Has Evergreen spotted the Snitch?

"IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!" I had no idea where it was.

Evergreen began to dive down towards the bottom of the pitch. The Portuguese Seeker followed her at high speeds, thinking that what the announcer had said was true. 

"Oh god, I can't look." I covered my eyes with my hands but still looked between my fingers. She was getting so close to the floor that she had to crash...

...but at the last second, she pulled up and the Portuguese Seeker, who wasn't expecting such a tactic this early in the match, didn't prepare in time to pull up too. They crashed directly into the sandy below. 

"A legendary Wronski Feint from our beloved Evergreen! I can't believe Portugal didn't see it coming!

"YESSSSSS!" I threw my fist in the air. Severus had a neat smile on his face and gently clapped. 

With the Portuguese Seeker out of the running, at least temporarily, it gives Evergreen a good chance to find the Snitch without much competition. So long as the Beaters keep the Bludgers away from her, it was no contest.

Her head suddenly shot to her left. Her body became low on the broom to get as much speed as possible until she suddenly got hit by a Bludger.

"Oooh! That has got to hurt! Will she be able to hold on!?

"GET BACK UP! YOU HAVE TO!"

Evergreen was desperately holding onto her broom but a wrong move that could cause her to fall off. With all of her upper body strength, she threw herself back up and shot forward. She recomposed herself and shot with full speed towards where I was standing. Then I noticed... the Snitch was right in front of me. 

In a flash, her red hair appeared where the Snitch used to be. She had caught it. 

"Thanks, cutie." she winked at me and held the Snitch up high for all to see.

I was speechless. She saw me. She spoke to me. She was right there.

"Evergreen has captured the Snitch! Team Germany wins the cup!"

"HELL YEAH!" I yelled ecstatically and hugged Severus with all my might. He was taken aback briefly but lightly returned the hug as he understood my excitement. 

This was the best day ever.

*****

"I still can't believe she actually pulled the Wronsky Feint off that well. The Portuguese Seeker had no idea!" I spoke feverishly as Severus and I left the stands to approach the German team's tent. "And now I get to actually meet Evergreen... oh Merlin. I might faint."

"If you faint then you will not be able to meet her." Severus warned.

My hands fell to my face in slight overwhelming shock. So much was happening that it began to take a mild toll on me. Knowing Fudge was probably prowling around did not make that feeling better.

Going inside the tent, I could see much of the equipment from the match still laid out ready to be packed away. There were a few wooden benches and metallic lockers spread about. It seems the players had gone to cool off from the match a way's away. All except for Patricia Evergreen.

In the middle of the tent, her bright red hair made her stand out like a sore thumb. Water bottle in hand and slightly sweaty from the summer heat, she chugged down the water like it was nothing. Then, she noticed our presence and turned to face us. Her smile was so large and welcoming but still filled with a slight smugness. She bore bright forest green eyes which acted as the only remembrance to her surname. 

[Artwork by Mari Ohalloween#8391]

"I think I'm in love..." I mumbled under my breath.

"I hope you mean with me." Severus replied a tad suspiciously.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Of course, of course."

"So you're the two I'm supposed to meet for this special opportunity, huh?" she said as she wandered over and placed her fist on her waist. She casually looked over Severus and when her gaze followed me, she showed familiarity. 

"Hey, aren't you the cute one that I caught the Snitch in front of?" she asked as she pointed directly at me with her free hand. She was still wearing her gloves from the match.

"Oh Merlin's beard. Yes, that was me." I said breathlessly. What is oxygen anymore when you're breathing at a billion inhales a second? 

"Guess that makes you my lucky one. I'll dedicate this one to you." she said haughtily as she took a notepad that had been left out and signed it. "Name?"

"Cassandra Juniper. I'm such a big fan." 

"Cassandra... Juniper... Here. Treasure it." She tore the paper off the pad and handed it to me. 

To my lucky girl, Cassandra Juniper
Keep burning bright,
Patricia Evergreen x

"You want one too?" she asked towards Severus but he merely shook his head and replied "no thank you". 

"Are you okay, cutie? You look like you're about to die or something." she asked cautiously. Had I really gone that pale? 

"I'm fine, I think. I'm just... shocked that I actually get to meet you. I've only been a Quidditch fan for a few months but you really captivated me." I admitted hurriedly. 

"Wow." she said a little taken aback. "It's not often people your age get into Quidditch. What inspired you?" She flicked a hand through her long crimson hair as she spoke.

I began to explain that I used to be employed in a job that didn't give me very much time and that Severus took me to my first ever match and it enchanted me.

"Ahh, how sweet. You two look like a cute couple." she smiled intensely. Her hand was brought to her chin as she thought for a quick second. Then, she fumbled around with a light bundle of objects that hung from her uniform and took off a small grey triangular piece. 

"Since you're my lucky girl, it's only fitting that I give you this." She came towards me and placed the piece gently in my palm and closed it. "It's one of my lucky charms. Keep it as a memory of this encounter. I found it while travelling once."

The piece felt cold like it was made of stone but it had such little weight of it that it couldn't possibly be. 

"I love it, thank you, Evergreen." 

"Evergreen? I think we're past that now, cutie. Call me Patricia and I'll call you Cassandra." she laughed happily. "Or whatever nickname that comes to my mind."

"Right... Patricia." I slowly spoke with my hands shaking. 

"I like you, cutie. If you ever want to meet up again, send me an owl. I'll be waiting with bated breath." 

The flaps of the tent flicked open and what I assumed to be her manager popped his head in.

"Evergreen, it's time for the victory podium. We need you." he called out. 

"Coming." she replied lightly, a little disappointed to have to be leaving. "See you soon." She winked once more and patted my shoulder encouragingly. 

The second she left, I collapsed on one of the benches. "Oh my god..." I said as I stared at the top of the tent. 

"What did she give you?" Severus asked as he sat down next to me. 

I showed him the object Patricia had given me. He carefully took it from me and began to inspect it. 

"Strange. It does not look like any artefact I have seen before." He held it up towards the light. There was a faint glint that reflected off it. 

"It could just be something she picked up at a store somewhere. " I relayed as I took it back. "We should get going back home now."

"Do you not want to see the victory ceremony?" he asked surprised.

"Nah." I tried to say dismissively. It was obvious he saw through me the moment the word came out of me. "Okay, I just don't want to deal with Fudge. Knowing he's here has put me on edge the entire time."

"You are stronger than he is, Cassandra. He has no hold on you." he tried to explain.

I stood up and let out a massive sigh. "I know... it's just... I don't think I'm ready to face him yet. Or if I'll ever be." 

"I would not force you to do something you are not comfortable with. If you wish to go home then we may." he submitted. I nodded.

We went and gathered our tent, realising that bringing it was mostly pointless seeing as the match only lasted a few hours, and disapparated home.

*****

The night passed and the next day was another one of downpour. Truthfully, I had very little energy after seeing Fudge. It was as if seeing him stole all my motivations. All day, I sat upstairs in bed and watched the rainfall outside. I had to tell Severus countless times that I was fine but it couldn't be much further from the truth. 

I played with the charm between my fingers. Its smooth edges bounced playfully against the skin's surface. I sighed.

"What are you hiding, Father? What was it Ruberion was talking about?" I spoke absentmindedly as if the piece could hear me.  

A sudden bright flash blinded me entirely. I no longer felt like I was in my own body and I was suddenly transported to some other location. When the light faded, I found myself standing inside a lush jungle. The sun's feeble attempt to bear rays to the Earth was blocked by the towering trees that created a blockade. There was a faint wind that tickled my skin and brushed through the foliage of bushes and smaller plants. Not to mention the ground was sickeningly dry. Parts of it had cracked through and exposed small holes in the soil. 

I looked around for what was going on and then... I saw her. A tall but somewhat lanky yet muscular from her travails woman stood with her binoculars in her hand. She wore a type of exploration gear: a long white overshirt with a brown long-sleeved shirt underneath, long brown trousers and boots and a safari hat. Her hair was slightly longer than mine and she wore it in a tight ponytail. Who was she?

[Artwork by Mari Ohalloween#8391]

I could only see her from behind at present. She took the binoculars from her face and continued forward on her path. On her hip, she wore a cutlass and a wand so she was definitely some type of witch. But if she was a witch, why was she using Muggle items for exploration? When a tall wall of vines blocked the way forward, she took the cutlass and cut them down in a fury of swings. It was awe-inspiring. My curiosity was growing by the second.

After cutting down more bushes, what looked to be a small cobble temple appeared in front of her. She took out a notebook and compared it to a sketch she had made on the pages. With a nod, she made her way towards the inside. Going down a small stairway, she narrowly evaded a set of tripwires. I tried to follow her and my foot was accidentally caught on the wire. Except... my foot went right through it and nothing happened. I wasn't really here, it seems. Could this be a vision?  As she continued, she deactivated the end mechanism. It hardly took her any effort at all despite not using her wand. Had she used it, she easily could've rendered the trap useless but she decided to risk her life and do it the hard way. 

A few more traps later, a small alter appeared in front of her. Atop of it bore a grey bracelet with several hollow segments in it. She inspected the surrounding area for further traps and, after deciding it was safe, took the bracelet and applied it to her wrist. It fit perfectly. 

[Artwork by Mari Ohalloween#8391]

A small click sounded. With it, an avalanche of rocks fell on the route out and blocked her escape. She let out an intense sigh and took off her hat in frustration. 

"Ugh!" she yelled. She took whipped out her wand, pointed it towards the rocks and cast "Expulso!". The rocks exploded into rubble and the way out was cleared once more. "To think that I was so close to doing this magic-free. Next time, Elsie. Next time." 

It was as she approached me that I finally saw her face. 

I knew this face. 

It was almost the same as the person Ruberion had shown me. This person looked so similar to her and... me. She was slightly more mature but the similarities were too precise to put to circumstance.

This was my mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 70 17
22-year-old Nova Vinch, a former Durmstrang student, is Hogwarts' new professor and tutor in Slytherin House. However, her arrival is deeply unwante...
14.1K 393 27
Casandra Clark is not an ordinary witch. She is a Ravenclaw, born in a pure-blood family that proudly consists of Slytherins only. To make matters wo...
346K 8.9K 22
Snarry. Explicit. Post-Hogwarts, though the War still rages. Harry is holed up at Grimmauld Place where he may be safe from his enemies, but he's no...
709 32 12
What happens when y/n y/l ends up in the harry potter universe... She is excited to help them secretly and change the fate of some. She meets the lo...