I Wanna Be Yours (Jean Kirste...

By 3mooie

{Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful own... More

One (1) - Just His Friend
Two (2) - A Sudden Visitor
Three (3) - Who is Y/n's Crush?
Four (4) - Lost Stars
Five (5) - Stolen First Kiss
Six (6) - Scout Veterans
Seven (7) - Leave
Eight (8) - Boyfriend
Nine (9) - Don't Die
Ten (10) - Battle of Trost Arc
Eleven (11) - Battle of Trost Arc (II)
Twelve (12) - Battle of Trost Arc (III)
Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom
Fourteen (14) - The Right Person
Fifteen (15) - Monster
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne (2)
Seventeen (17) - Her Question
Eighteen (18) - The 57th Expedition
Nineteen (19) - The 57th Expedition (II)
Twenty (20) - Raid in Stohess
Twenty-One (21) - Raid in Stohess (II)
Twenty-Two (22) - How To Let Go
Twenty-Three (23) - Utgard Castle
Twenty-Four (24) - Beast Titan
Twenty-Five (25) - Traitors
Twenty-Six (26) - Over
Twenty-Seven (27) - The Mission to Retrieve Eren
Twenty-Eight (28) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (II)
Twenty-Nine (29) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (III)
Thirty (30)
Thirty-One (31) - Important
Thirty-Two (32) - Family
Thirty-Three (33) - Overthrow
Thirty-Four (34) - Coup d'état
Thirty-Five (35) - Interior Police
Thirty-Six (36) - Royal Family
Thirty-Seven (37) - Make You Feel My Love
Thirty-Eight (38) - Kenny Ackerman
Thirty-Nine (39)
Forty (40) - Betrayal
Forty-One (41) - The Truth
Forty-Two (42) - Forget
Forty-Three (43) - Pain
Forty-Four (44) - Massacred
Forty-Five (45) - Revenge
Forty-Six (46) - At Death's Door
Forty-Seven (47) - Perfect Dream
Forty-Eight (48) - Stay Here
Forty-Nine (49) - Vulnerable
Fifty (50) - Under The Moonlight
Fifty-One (51) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria
Fifty-Two (52) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)
Fifty-Three (53) - Denial and Anger
Fifty-Four (54) - Just Accept It
Fifty-Five (55) - Subjects of Ymir
Fifty-Six (56) - I Wanna Be Yours
To My Dearest Readers...
Sequel of I Wanna Be Yours

Sixteen (16) - Trust

1.7K 76 79
By 3mooie

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,335 words}

The sky is dark and the wind is cold. A loud thunder boomed on the sky. After then, the rain started pouring.

The h/c girl let out an annoyed sigh when she started to get wet by the rain. She didn't bring an umbrella.

Hell, she didn't know it's going to rain.

Y/n just let herself get wet while she walks down the streets of Klorva. She's on her way going to her family.

Felicia has a house in Klorva and she sent a letter to Y/n that after Trost was breached and they evacuated, they went straight to her house in Klorva and will stay there until Trost is back on it's normal town condition.

Y/n shivered because of the cold rain. She hugged herself and sighed deeply.

The h/c girl stopped walking when she felt someone following her.

She raised a brow and tilt her head to the side a little and side-eyed her surrounding. The street is so quiet.

There are no people since it's heavily raining. Y/n smirked and eased up. She stood proudly and even put her hands on her waist, never minding the rain and the coldness she's feeling.

"Stop following me and actually face me, coward." Y/n said.

Her smirk faded when she saw a familiar hairpin coming for her.

Y/n quickly leaned down going backwards and let the hairpin passed over her face. That was fucking close!

Y/n saw that it's her hairpin. Her yes twitched when she heard footsteps. She went back up and was amused upon seeing a familiar blond young man standing across from her and waving at her while smiling sheepisly at her. "Hi, babe!" Jean Payne said.

Y/n let out an annoyed groan. Then she glared at Jean Payne. "What do you want, blond jackass?" Y/n asked.

Y/n put her right hand on her back, she slipped her hand behind her shirt and held the dagger she's hiding on her back. Payne was about to answer Y/n but he was taken a back when the h/c girl threw a dagger at him.

Y/n was surprised when Payne turned around as he jumped and swung his right leg towards Y/n's dagger.

Y/n's dagger was thrown to the side because of Payne's kick. "Tsk...you reallt love throwing sharp things at me, babe?" Jean said then chuckled.

Y/n felt her blood boiled. She ran towards Payne and tried to land a punch on him, but she stopped and stiffened when Payne already has a gun pistol pointed at her forehead. The young blond-man smirked at Y/n.

"What's faster? You or my gun?" Payne asked, his voice was low and raspy. Only enough for Y/n to hear.

Y/n gritted her teeth. "Maybe this!" She said and kicked Payne's manhood.

Payne's jaw dropped, he groaned in pain and unconsciously removed his gun pointed at Y/n's forehead, his eyes turned white when Y/n punched him on the face, making his nose bleed and his right eye gain a black eye.

Y/n gripped on his right wrist tightly and stole his pistol gun, Payne just let Y/n get his gun, he's more worried about his precious buddy that was poorly assaulted by the one and only pretty Y/n. He put both of his hands on top of his crotch and fell on his knees. "My poor children...you kicked my precious budy..." Payne said, tears welled up on the corner of his eyes.

Y/n frowned as she stare down at Payne. "You look pathetic right now. Kneeling in front of me like that. Next time you should make sure you know how to threaten someone." Y/n said.

She checked if the gun pistol is loaded, her eyes rolled when she saw that it doesn't have any bullets. "You're so dumb. What's a gun for if it doesn't have any bullets? Is this only for scaring someone?" Y/n asked.

Payne frowned as he stare at Y/n, the pain on his precious buddy is slowly going away. "Aren't you gonna arrest me or what?" He sarcastically asked.

Y/n point the gun on the side of her head and used it to scratch her scalp. "Do you want me to?" Y/n asked.

"Do you want to?" Payne asked.

Y/n let out a small chuckle. She bent down a little and leaned her face close to Payne's face. Payne stiffened on his place upon feeling Y/n's breath on his face. "I want to. But I can't. I mean, who would believe me when I say that you've been stalking me and even spied on me and the commander? I'll have to turn you over to the MPS where you actually work." Y/n said.

Payne smirked as he stare at Y/n.

"So you got my identity, huh? I didn't even notice it during our first meeting, but you really took my I.D. were you a pickpocket in the past?"

Y/n threw the gun pistol on the ground just in between her and Payne. She stood properly and turned around. "I don't know what you want. But I don't really care. I have a feeling that you're not spying on the survey corps, but on me. If you want to kill me, do it right next time." Y/n said.

She let out a sigh and shook her head. Y/n was about to go, but she stopped when Payne spoke. "I need your help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How can I trust you?" Y/n asked.

She stared at Payne with a calculating look. It was as if she's observing him. Y/n's trying to see if Payne is lying to her. Payned smiled a bit, he crossed his arms over his chest and stared back at Y/n. "I don't know. Even if I suggest how you can trust me, I know you won't still trust me." Payne said.

Y/n rolled her eyes. She brushed off her hair that's now a little dry. The
h/c's girl clothes have dried off, too.

The two are currently inside a pub. Payne pickef up his cup of bottle of beer and drank it straight. Y/n just stared at Payne. This man...can I trust him? What if he's just lying to me? What should I believe?  Y/n thought.

"I have one more thing I want to say to you." Payne said.

Y/n raised a brow. "You already said a lot of things to me. You have one more? Just how many are there?"

Payne smiled. He stood up and walked towards Y/n. Y/n looked up at Payne.

She can't help but stare at the visible scar on Payne's right eye.

She doesn't find it ugly, she's just curious how did Payne got that scar. But they're not even close enought to ask each other about personal matter.

The smile on Payne's faded and in just a blink of an eye, he's all serious while staring down at Y/n. His big calloused right hand gently caressed Y/n's right cheek. "We're both being lied to. I just hope the day will come soon, that we'll both know the truth." Jean said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The survey corps moved back to their old military headquarters inside wall Rose, near Karanese district.

They're too far from any river, town nor people. It's an old converted castle only for the survey corps.

The surroundings are all green, it's literally in the middle of a forest and surrounded by green mountains.

Levi and his squad, the special operations squad, were the first ones to arrived at their old headquarters, the other scout soldiers just followed.

It's already night when Hange and their squad arrived at their old HQ.

Hange's brows furrowed upon noticing that Y/n's pale and looking sick. She keeps on coughing and sneezing, too. The h/c girl is currently putting her horse on it's stable.

"Are you sick, Y/n? Hange asked.

Moblit, Nifa, Keiji, and Abel also looked at their youngest squad-mate. Y/n looked at them, now her eyes are teary, but not because she wants to cry. She just feels strangely so hot.

"I think so. My body temperature is not normal right now." Y/n said.

Nifa walked towards Y/n and placed the back of her hand on the h/c's girl forehead. She was shocked at how hot Y/n feels. "You're burning with fever, Y/n! Why didn't you just tell us?"

Hange and the others started to feel worry for Y/n. It seems that the young lady forced herself to travel just to not delay her squad-mates. "I thought it's just a light fever. But don't worry too much, Nifa-san. I'll be fine." Y/n said.

Y/n was about to walk out, but she was surprised when Hange carried her. "Hanji-san?!" Y/n said in disbelief.

The brunette-soldier is carrying her bridal-style. "Erwin's gonna kill me if he finds out I just let his niece get sick! So stay put! I'll bring you to your dorm!" Hange said in a serious tone.

"B-but I can--hmfff?!!"

Y/n wasn't able to continue her protest when Moblit shoved a bread on her mouth. Moblit smiled at Y/n. "You should eat so later when we already have your medicine, you have food on your stomach." Moblit said.

Y/n blinked twice. She's wondering where the hell did Moblit get the bread. "Let's go! Our baby Y/n is sick! She ahould be taken care of!" Hange said, she sounded so bossy. She's like in her squad-leader serious mode.

Moblit, Nifa, Keiji and Abel laughed. And then they followed behind Hange. Y/n sighed as she held the bread on her mouth and then took a big bite on it. She eventually smiled and rest her head on Hanji's chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Next Day -

Y/n brows furrowed when she felt a damp, warm and soft towel is being pressed on her cheeks, neck and forhead. She slowly opened her eyes, her vision is blury, but she managed to get a quickl glimpse of who's the person tending to her. A smile slowly crept onto Y/n's lips upon seeing captain Levi's raven-hair undercut.

"You awake yet, brat? The hell did you do to have a fever?" Levi asked.

He clicked his tongue and shook his head. Levi put the towel on the silver basin full of warm water. He soaked it in and turned it to dry the towel.

Levi folded it in three layers and placed it on Y/n's forehead. He looked outside through the window and saw that the sun's almost going to rise.

"Your breakfast will be here soon. Hange told me to make sure you eat and drink your medicine. Tch. Your uncle almost called all the doctors he knows just to check on you." Levi said which made Y/n to chuckle a bit.

The h/c's girl vision became clear. She stared at the ceiling. "Thank you for taking care of me, captain." Y/n said.

"No need to thank me. Erwin just asked me to do so." Levi said.

Y/n just smiled and nod. She knows that Levi cares for her. No matter how hard Levi tries to hide his soft side towards her, Y/n can still see it. "Maybe I should call you Levi big-bro. You'll surely pass to become an older brother." Y/n said, still smiling.

Levi stiffened on his place. He stared at Y/n, while his eyes are a bit wide-opened. He felt his heart beat fast and his mind flooding with the memories of the girl who used to call him "Levi big-bro." "C-captain...are you okay? Didsay something wrong?" Y/n asked.

She noticed the change on Levi's emotion. His stoic and dull facaded faded away, the h/c girl see through Levi's real emotions. He's a broken man. Y/n panicked, she's thinking what could've she said to suddenly break Levi's facade. She felt guilty.

Y/n tried to sat up, but she was surprised when Levi held her back. The captain gently held her shoulders and pushed her back to the bed.

Levi let out a sigh and fixed the towel on her forehead, for the first time, Y/n saw the captain's eyes softened.

"Just stay on bed. You need to rest." Levi said as he now fixed Y/n's blanket, making sure she won't feel cold or any wind that'll trigger her fever anymore. "Stay here. I'll get your food and medicine." Levi said.

Y/n wasn't able to answer. She just stared at the raven-haired male and quietly nod her head. Levi stood up and then walked towards the door.

Y/n watched Levi left her room, until she can't see him anymore. I hope I didn't say anything that hurt him...

A sigh came out from Y/n's mouth. When she was about to close her eyes, she shrieked when the door suddenly slammed opened. Y/n immediately sat up and saw Nifa rushing in inside.

"Wha...?! Why are you--"

"This is a big problem! Our two subject were both killed!" Nifa said.

Y/n's eyes widened. Out of shock, she rushed to stand and get out of her bed. She's still wearing her uniform so she doesn't need to change clothes. Y/, put the towel that was placed on her forehead onto the basin and picked up her survey corps cloak.

Nifa left first, she just went to their dorm to get her cloak and leave with with the Levi squad and their squad.

Y/n clicked her tongue when she felt her headache, but she ignored it anyway and continued on her way out while wearing her survey corps cloak.

Because Y/n had just come from a sickness, she moved so slow. She sighed upon seeing that her squad and the Levi squad had already left. Even the other survey corps soldier.

Her horse is the only one left in the stables. Y/n pet her horse's head for while to calm it down, she let it out and then hopped on it's back.

(A/n: Y/n riding Jean...? OKAY THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG...help!!!)

"Let's go, buddy!" Y/n said as she made her horse gallop fast forward, going out of the survey corps old HQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SAWNEY!! BEAN!!"

Hange let out a loud sob and shout of grief and sorrow. She's holding her head and messing up her dark- brown hair while crying so bad for the poor deaths of her two special titan babies.

Moblit is behind Hange and trying to calm her down. The other soldiers are watching the brunette go insane.

"No! Did a soldier do it?"

"We haven't found the curlprit. Looks like they were both killed at the same time, before dawn. By the time the guards noticed, whoever did it had already gotten away using vertical maneuvering gear."

"So this was premeditated, with two or more people involved."

"Look at Hange, she's gone off the deep end."

"They were important test subjects. What kind of morons would..."

"If they weren't morons...then why'd they do it?"

Y/n let out deep sigh for the thousand time. She feels bad seeing her squad-leader crying. The brunette is always cheery so seeing Hange cry is something hard to witnessed for Y/n.

Y/n stiffened on her place when she felt large pair of hands held her shoulders. She was surprised upon seeing that it's her uncle behind her.

"What do you see, Y/n? Who do you think the enemy is?" Erwin asked.

Y/n and him stared at the steams coming out from the two dead titans.

The enemy...? Y/n thought.

Her eyes widened after realizing something. Her smart mind went back from the fall of wall Maria up until to what's happening right now.

"It's--"

Y/n wasn't able to continue what she wanted to say when Erwin tapped her shoulders as if telling her not to say out loud her suspicion. Erwin already knows that his niece might have already get the same suspicion he has.

Y/n shut her mouth. She looked at Erwin who turned around then left without saying anything else to her.

"Didn't I say that you should stay in bed?" Y/n's brows shot-up when she heard Levi's voice behind her.

She looked back and saw the raven-haired male looking at her with one brow raised. Behind Levi is Eren and the other members of the Levi squad.

"Tch. Come on." Levi said and pulled Y/n by the back collar of her shirt.

"Eh?! You don't need to pull me!" Y/n said and tried to remove Levi's hold on her collar's shirt but the captain's holding it firmly. "Ugh! Eren help!"

Eren just smiled and shook his head, making Y/n to frown at him. Petra and Eld chuckled when Y/n is literally being dragged by their captain Levi.

"Serves you right, brat. It's because you don't listen." Oluo said.

Y/n rolled her eyes and sticked her tongue out at Oluo. "Whatever you say, old-looking Levi wannabe!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Eren and the rest of the Levi squad laughed.

Even Levi smiled, but he didn't let anyone to see his smile, of course.

Oluo frowned and smacked Y/n's head. "Respect your seniors!"

"Nyenye! I can't hear you!" Y/n said, trying to piss off Oluo even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There's a spy among our ranks. It's either they're a shifter or connected to one. And they're going after Eren." Y/n said after she sipped on her herbal medicine. She's in Erwin's office and sitting on her uncle's chair.

Erwin is standing in front of the window and just staring at the sun finally setting for the day.

"Those damn titans had never been smart enough to get over or through the wall. But now there's this colossal bitch that appeared out of nowhere, he broke the gate of Shiganshina and vanished. The armored bitch did the same thing, but on the gates of inner wall Maria. Then again, the Colossal Titan appeared out of nowhere to break Trost district's wall, just like five years ago, he vanished. None of us saw it's vessel run away, and he didn't engage in combat but just vanished in thin air like he's some bubbles, and there's no way that a giant of that size could've possibly hidden himself, that would be crazy. So one possibility is that he was one of the people within the walls all along." Y/n said. She picked up a pencil and started writing down the points of her possible speculations.

"There's one crucial thing why I think they want Eren. The first time they broke the wall, that colossal bitch appeared and then the armored bitch. We would expect that it will happen again, but it didn't. They never took out the inner gate. Their motives must've changed after seeing Eren tranformed into a titan just like them. Now, their motive is to get Eren."

"And what happened to Sawney and Bean, they don't want us finding out more about the titans behaviors and anatomy. But also, that person could be a spy among our ranks, wanting to go after Eren due to him being a titan shifter working for the survey corps."

Y/n smirked. She encircled Eren's name in the center and put lines connecting it to the colossal titan, armored titan and the "spy."

They want to break the walls and let humanity be damned. They want to kill Eren because they know we'll win with a titan's help. These bastards...wants to keep us in the dark. Y/n thought.

"For now, I believe we have three enemies to track down. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we have more." Y/n said. She clenched her fist and sighed deeply to calm herself down. "I don't understand, I will never understand why there are people like them who wants all of humanity to perish and only keep us in the dark forever. And why this world turned out like this." Y/n said.

She leaned both of her arms on her uncle's table and lay her head down on top of her arms. Y/n kept holding the pencil and played with it while thinking thoroughly about things.

"Remember what you told me when I was just six years old, uncle...? That dream of yours...." Y/n said. The h/c girl's voice is not loud nor low. Just enough for her uncle Erwin to hear.

Erwin turned around to look at his niece. "Of course, I still do." Erwin said. A smile crept onto his lips when he saw Y/n drifiting off to sleep.

"I know that dream is true. I can't wait for us to prove that together."
Y/n said with a small smile plastered on her lips. "And when that time comes, let's visit mom and grandpa."

Erwin walked towards Y/n. The blond stood beside Y/n and gently caressed her hair. "Yes, we will." Erwin said.

Erwin let out a small chuckle when his angel had already fallen asleep just because he caressed her hair.

Erwin made his way to the door going to his bedroom.

The blond office and bedroom are just connected to each other.

The blond took a blanket from his cabinet and went back to his office. Erwin carefully placed the blanket over Y/n's back. It's a bit cold, so he knew Y/n needs to be covered.

Also he knows that Y/n had a fever, she can't be exposed to coldness.

Erwin planted a soft kiss on top of
Y/n's head then he quietly left his office. He went out of their HQ, and made his way to the stables.

Upon arriving, Hange, Mike, Dita Ness, Darius Van Baer-Varbrun, Levi and the special operations squad are all ready on their own horses just waiting for him, so they can go.

They will go to wall Rose's military headquarters and invite the 104th trainees to join the survey corps.

"Let's go." Erwin said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erwin stood on a platform in front of all the survivors of the 104th trainees.

Hange, Mike, Dita Ness, Darius and Petra are on the side.

Levi took Eren, Gunther, Oluo and Eld with him to survey the area.

The trainees are lined up in row and columns, facing the blond-man. Jean, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Reiner, Annie, Bertolt, Ymir and Krista are all present in tonight's ceremony.

Jean stared at his best friend's uncle, Erwin Smith.

So this is her uncle? That idiot...she didn't even tell me she has a relative with high rank on a military!

Jean thought.

Scratch that. I wonder how she is now? Well, nevermind. I'll probably see her after I join the survey corps.

"I am survey corps commander, Erwin Smith. The king has granted me authority over all survey corps activity. Today, you choose which division to join. The reason I'm up here is to invite you become a part of the survey corps. But I should warn you. In the recent attack, everyone here experienced what the average excursion outside is like. I'm sure nothing else in your lives came close to it. Though you're trainees, you experienced sacrifice. As a result, I'm sure you came to know...your own limits and the terror of the titans."

"Nevertheless...while it's true we suffered heavy losses in this attack... the human race has advanced towards victory like never before."

"By now, everyone is aware of...the existence of Eren Yeager. Through his actions and all of yours, the titan incursion was halted...and we have obtained a path to understanding the true nature of the titans."

"I'm not at liberty to tell you much here regarding Eren...but believe me, he's proven himself as an ally who's willing to lay his life on the line. And we also know that in the basement of his old house in Shiganshina district... there are answers about the titans that even he doesn't have."

The 104th trainees were all surprised by what the commander said about the possible truth in Eren's basement.

"If we can just get to that basement... I believe we'll find clues that may free us from a century domination by the titans." Erwin said.

The 104th trainees started murmurring to each other.

"The basement...?" Reiner muttered.

Armim stared at Erwin. I know they want to recruit soldiers...but making that information public...?

"Are we already that close...?"

"If we're on the verge of finding out what the titans really are, then the situation must not be that bad!" 

Armin's eyes widened a bit when he noticed Erwin roaming his eyes around. Wait...he must have an agenda...what's the commander...

"Looking at?" Armin muttered.

Mikasa looked at Armin. "Hm?"

"And yet... If we are to perform a full investigation of that basement room in Shiganshina...we first need to take back wall Maria. In other words, our aim is the same...but now that we can no longer use the gate in Trost district we have no choice but to take the long way around, from eastern Karanese district. The path that took one of our battalions four years to clear is completely lost. During those four years, over 90% of the survey corps soldiers died. That's 90% in four years. Even in the best case, sending another battalion to wall Maria... would mean five times the casualties and 20 years of work. Those aren't realistic figures. The survey corps is always looking for talented people. Since many are killed every time we go out, we suffer from a chronic shortage of personnel. I won't hide it. Those of you who join the survey corps will participate in an expedition beyond the wall one month from now. A supply route needs to be put in place as soon as possible. I believe the mortality rate for new recruits going on their first journey outside is about 50%. :ut those who do get through it go on to become superior soldiers with a high survival rate."

"Now you know the dismal state of affairs. Those of you who are still willing to put your lives on the line, remain here. Let me reiterate...the majority of the people who stay here and enter the survey corps will likely die. Ask yourselves if you really have it in you to sacrifice your life for humanity. That's all. Those of you who wish to join the other divisions dismissed." Erwin said.

He was so intimidating that the trainees were so stifd on their places. They also got scared by his brutal honesty about being a scout. Erwin watched a lot of the 104th trainees started to leave their places.

"Commander. Did you have to be that intimidating? The trainees that are left must feel like they've been through the wringer." Darius said.

Erwin just side-eyed him and didn't say anything. The blond man then focused his vision on the 104th trainees. Their numbers are getting smaller as more of the trainees leaves.

Jean gritted his teeth and clenched his fists tightly as he looked down.

Shit...I'm begging you here...don't make me...hate myself more than I already do. Jean thought.

Reiner and Bertolt remained on their places, looking like they're about to let out a massive shit. Connie and Sasha are also the same. Krista is about to tear up while Ymir is just dead-pan serious. Mikasa is stoic as always while Armin looks anxious.

If I don't get away from here now...I'll have to...face them again... Sasha thought. She turned around and was about to leave, but can't bring herself to do so.

That's right...I left the village to become a military police... Connie thought. A humorless smile crept onto his lips. Mom would be so happy...if I become an MP...everyone in the village would respect me.

Connie shut his eyes and smiled even more, but it's a happy smile. He actually look so nervous and scared.

Sasha whimpered as she shut her eyes and grit her teeth. She faced forward and just stayed on her place.

Jean remained on his place, still eyes shut and fists are clenched. We already know...we've seen it...we've seen how titans...eat people

Erwin's brows shot-up when he saw that there are a lot of trainees who joined. A total of 21 104th trainees.

"If you...were told to die, could you do it?" Erwin asked.

"I don't want to die!" Sasha shouted.

Erwin smiled a bit. "I see...everyone... you look good." Erwin said.

The blond commander proudly saluted at the ones who stayed.

"Very well! I welcome the newest members of the survey corps! This is my real salute! Devote your hearts to the cause!"

The 104th trainees saluted, too.

"Yes, sir!!"

Mikasa and Armin were surprised upon seeing their friends who all belongs in the top 10 really joined the survey corps. Ev....everyone... Armin thought, still smiling anxiously.

Unh...I hate this...I'm scared. I wanna go back to the village... Sasha thought. The potayo girl is already crying.

Ahh...I just don't care anymore... Connie thought as he chuckled.

Reiner remained looking brave like his usual self. Bertolt looked back and saw Annie was one of the trainees who left to join the other divisions.

Ymir looked at Krista who's shivering and almost going to cry.

"If you're gonna cry here, you might as well quit." Ymir said.

Jean shut his eyes even more and his clenched fists tightening more that his knuckles are already turning white.

Ahhh....shit...this is the worst. Damn it. The survey corps of all things...

Jean thought.

The young man let out a sigh and opened his eyes. Jean looked up and stared at the nighy sky. There's surprisingly lots of stars, which remind him of  Y/n. Y/n loves the stars. She has a fascination about the things from up above. The sky, clouds, sun, moon and stars. She loves it all.

Something strucked Jean. The young man realized something. He's not just going to join the survey corps for his sake nor to give meaning to the death of Marco and their other comrades.

Now, he has another reason why he's allowing himself to join and dedicate his heart for all of humanity.

Because Y/n is gonna do it, too.

She joined the survey corps to dedicate her heart for all humanity.

And Jean will do it, too. While protecting Y/n who he have always been protecting since their first meeting until they grew together.

"I see 21 members in the 104th survey corps who have given the salute. You have withstood your fear well... you're all brave soldiers. You have my heartfelt respect." Erwin said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Old Survey Corp HQ -

As soon as Erwin left, Y/n opened her eyes. She quickly stood up and run towards the window. She stood in front of it and checked if her uncle is already gone. Y/n sighed in relief when she saw Erwin on horseback along with the others leaving.

The h/c girl quickly covered the window with the curtain, then she walked towards the door and quietly locked it. Y/n started roaming around her uncle's Erwin office.

Checking every shelves, cabinets and drawers. She made sure to put everything back into place.

"Where could it be...?" Y/n muttered. She stood in front of her uncle's table and nipped on her finger nails out of frustration. Y/n sighed and massaged her temples. "Where could uncle hide--" Y/n's eyes widened when she realized that she didn't check her uncle bedroom. Y/n looked at the door going to his uncle's bedroom.

She walked towards it and held the door knob. Y/n tried to open it, but she was in disbelief when it's locked. She muttered a curse under her breath. It's the only door to her uncle room's office. There's no door outside.

Y/n quickly took out her sharp hairpin from her jacket's pocket and insert it on the door knob's keyhole.

Y/n gritted her teeth as she tried to unlock it with her hair pin.

"Come on...work..." Y/n whispered.

She felt her sweat falling onto the sides of her face, even her hands are starting to get sweaty because of her fear that someone might come.

"I have to find it...to check if Jean's telling me the truth..." Y/n muttered.

Her eyes widened when she heard footsteps from outside. Luckily, Y/n unlocked the door of her uncle's office. Y/n quickly run towards the chair of his uncle and sat on it.

She covered herself with the blanket and pretended to be asleep. Her handsare shaking while holding her hairpin. Y/n wiped her sweat on her forehead and on the sides of her face.

Y/n calm herself down, she relaxed when she heard the door opened.

Moblit walked in, holding Hange's paper works that they done doing and will pass to Erwin. Moblit smiled upon seeing Y/n alseep. He made his way to her and put the paperworks on Erwin's table. Moblit placed his hand on Y/n's back. "Y/n, wake up. You shouldn't sleep here. Wake up. I'll bring you to your dorm." Moblit said.

He gently shook Y/n, Y/n let out a sleepy noise and slowly opened her eyes, she's damn good at acting.

"Moblit-san?" Y/n said.

Moblit nod hid head. "Yeah. It's me. Sorry for waking you up. Just continue your sleep in your dorm. When the commander arrives, he'll be busy here so you can't stay here." Moblit said. Y/n sighed and nod. She even yawned which is actually true.

Y/n stood up. She wrapped the blanket over her back and secretly slipped the hairpin on her pocket.

"Let's go." Moblit said.

He held Y/n's arm and pull her with him. Y/n internally sighed because she wasn't able to find what she's looking for. Next time...there'll still be next time. Y/n thought as she closed the door of her commander uncle's office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Next Day -

Y/n found herself wandering around the forest. She finished her training for the day and all the task that she was given to do. Since she doesn't have anything else to do, Y/n decided to take a stroll around the near forest.

*meow*

Y/n's brows shot-up when she heard cat's sound. Y/n shirked when Devon suddenly jumped on her shoulder.

"You scared me!" Y/n said.

She frowned while staring at Devon who shamelessly went above her head and rested their. Devon's tail brushed on Y/n's face, making Y/n to sneeze becauze of her soft pur.

*meow*

Devon let herself fall which made
Y/n to panic, she quickly catch the black girl cat so it won't fall on the ground. "Are you crazy?! If you get hurt while you're with me, captain Levi will surely kill me!" Y/n said.

Devon stared at Y/n, then she sassily lick her paws and rolled her eyes then rested her head on Y/n's chest.

"Ugh. This cat has an attitude but you're freaking adorable." Y/n said.

She let out a small chuckle and just held Devon who's now sleeping on her hold. Y/n went out of the forest.

She realizad that Levi might already be looking for Devon and thought of giving Devon back to the captain.

"You and your sneakings. I hope captain Levi won't lecture you. How did you get into the forest anyway? Don't go there next time. You might get lost." Y/n talked to Devon.

*meow!*

Y/n felt like Devon told her to shut up.

"Tsk...Like owner like pet." Y/n muttered. She reached their old HQ.

Y/n waved at the two soldiers who're guarding the gate, then she entered  their HQ, "Huh?!" Y/n was in disbelief when Devon jumped off from her hold the black cat looked at her and rolled it's eyes then walked out, wagging it's faiy tail at Y/n.

"The hell?" Y/n muttered.

She looked forward and there she saw Levi picking up Devon. Levi looked at her and frowned. "What the hell are their problem at me?!" Y/n said. Oh... wait....hat's captain's normal state.

Y/n chuckled.

She shook her head and just made her way to training field. She realized that she's not wearing her jacket and maybe she left it on the training field.

Upon arriving at the training field,
Y/n paused on her track and froze on her place upon seeing a familiar young man standing in the middle of the training field, wearing a survey corps uniform and holding her jacket.

Y/n felt her heart beat so fast that it felt like it will jump out from her chest. It's also so loud like it's a drum being hit by a stick lot of times to join a familiar rhythm. For Y/n's heart, she's letting it join a familiar heart beat. Y/n blinked twice just to make sure she's not imagining things.

But she's really in shocked when Jean is really standing on the center of the training field, wearing a survey corps uniform and staring at her while his right hand is holding her jacket.

"What...? Why...? Jean...you're here..."
_____________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 22 7
Just so you know, I won't make every character's personality the same as seen in the anime/manga they will be changed up slightly. Same as the relati...
16.8K 637 21
Sequel to I Wanna Be Yours The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. {Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} Disclaime...
999K 28K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
140K 4.6K 38
°°Only he was too naive to realize that love cannot be ignored°° ••• Broken promises, unrequited love, and shattered friendships. The past is full of...