A Girl Called Lori

By RStoriesz

Lex has been defeated, and Kara and Lena are rebuilding their friendship, with Kara having realised she is to... More

Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori
Chapter 3 - The Interview
Chapter 4 - Final Assessments
Chapter 5 - Lori's New Home
Chapter 6 - Lori's Issues
Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - Indian Food
Chapter 10 - Lori Meets Nia
Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch
Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare
Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori
Chapter 14 - Helen's Check In
Chapter 15 - Kara and Lori's Friday
Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori
Chapter 17 - Making Pizzas
Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner
Chapter 19 - Back to School
Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations
Chapter 21 - Kara & Lena's Date
Chapter 22 - Kara Tells Lori
Chapter 23 - Second Date
Chapter 24 - Sexy Fun Times
Chapter 25 - Christmas Shopping
Chapter 26 - The Terrorists
Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale
Chapter 28 - Midvale
Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1
Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2
Chapter 31 - Christmas Fair
Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1
Chapter 33 - The News
Chapter 34 - Digging Dirt
Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer
Chapter 36 - A New Year
Chapter 37 - Custody Petition
Chapter 38 - Stephen Andrews
Chapter 39 - Lori Finds Out
Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness
Chapter 41 - Day with Lori
Chapter 42 - Court Date
Chapter 43 - Trial Preparations
Chapter 44 - Lawyer Meeting
Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep
Chapter 46 - Trial Nerves
Chapter 47 - Trial Begins
Chapter 48 - Court Day 2
Chapter 49 - Kara on the Stand
Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned
Chapter 51 - The Investigation
Chapter 52 - Cat Testifies!
Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1
Chapter 54 - A Girl Called Lori

Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp

1.1K 62 0
By RStoriesz

It is now a week since Lena took Kara to meet Lori, and Kara has been finding more and more reasons to delay her love confession to Lena. It is just everything that happened with the Lori situation, with Kara thinking Lena was dating someone else, scared her. It made Kara realise how much it will hurt if she confesses her feelings to Lena, and is then rejected. However, Kara is meeting Lena for lunch today, and she plans to finally tell her. Kara has just obviously been terrified of Lena not returning her feelings, and then them not being able to be friends anymore because of the awkwardness between them.

Kara walks into the front lobby of L-Corp, Big Belly Burger in hand, and that's when she notices a bit of a commotion going on at the security entrance.

"Let me see Lena!" A familiar voice yells out.

"I can't let you do that. Where are you parents?" One of the guards asks.

Kara quickly makes her way over to the security entrance and notices that it is Lori standing there, with a worried look on her face.

"Lori?" Kara says, surprised.

"Kara!" Lori says, sounding relieved.

"You know her, Miss Danvers?" One of the security guards says.

"Uhhh... yeah... yeah I do." Kara nods, and then steps closer to Lori, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to see Lena." Lori says, sounding desperate.

Kara looks at the 7-year-old for a few moments, noticing how desperate and anxious she looks, with her heart beating really fast.

"Okay." Kara says, and then turns to the guards, "She can come up with me."

"Miss Danvers, this doesn't abide by our security protocols.... You may have a free pass but..." One of the guards begins.

"But you think a 7-year-old girl, who has a relationship with Miss Luthor, is going to cause some trouble?" Kara basically scoffs, "Let me be clear; If Miss Luthor knows Lori is down here, and has been held by security, she will not be happy. So, why don't we forget that, and you just let her come up to Lena's office with me?"

The security guards look at each other anxiously, before then nodding their heads.

"Fine." The main guard says.

"Good." Kara replies, and then turns to look at Lori, "Come on Lori, let's go."

Kara then walks over to the elevator, and steps inside with Lori, pressing the button to Lena's office floor.

"So, want to tell me what you are doing here?" Kara asks, once the two of them are alone.

Lori looks at Kara, and still has an anxious look on her face.

"My foster family are moving.... and they can't take me with them...." Lori says, sadly.

Kara's eyes go wide, realising what that likely means for Lori, her going back into another foster home, being unsettled again.

"Oh.... I'm so sorry Lori." Kara says.

Lori nods her head, not saying anything else.

A few moments later the elevator doors open on Lena's office floor, and Kara and Lori step out.

"Miss Danvers?" Jess says, surprised, "Who is this?"

"This is Lori." Kara explains.

Jess' eyes go wide.

"Oh... wow.... It's nice to meet you, Lori." Jess smiles.

"Can I see Lena now?" Lori asks, desperately.

"Yes, of course. She is already expecting Miss Danvers." Jess replies.

Kara then leads Lori into Lena's office, and as she enters, she sees that Lena is already sitting on one of the chairs by her coffee table, with her back to the door.

"Good Kara, you are here. I was thinking that.... Lori?" Lena says, turning around and noticing the 7-year-old.

"Lena!" Lori says, quickly running over to Lena and taking her in for a hug.

Lena hugs Lori back.

"What are you doing here Lori?" Lena asks, confused.

"She was downstairs being held by security when I arrived, demanding to see you." Kara explains.

Lena turns her head and looks down at Lori once more.

"Lori.... why aren't you in school? What is going on?" Lena asks.

"My.... my foster parents.... They are moving away..... and they can't take me with them..... That means.... I have to go into another foster home.... I don't want to do that.... Please don't let that happen Lena..." Lori says, crying now.

Lena's eyes go wide.

"Oh, darling. I'm so sorry." Lena replies, now hugging Lori tightly.

*********************************

It is now about 45 minutes later, and Lena has spent the last 40 minutes on the phone to various people. Firstly, Lena had to phone Lori's foster parents, to inform them that Lori is safe and with her. Apparently, Lori managed to run away from school, and then catch a bus to L-Corp in National City, where she knew Lena would be. While Lena was on the phone to Lori's foster parents, she asked them about them moving, and they explained that Clive got a really good job offer in Central City, and because of the rules of the foster care, they wouldn't be allowed to take any of their foster children with them, so have to give them to other foster families.

Once Lena was finished with the phone calls with Lori's foster parents, she got on the phone with the foster agency, trying to see if they could find a home for Lori, instead of her having to stay at some foster housing with a lot of children. Lena knows that a 'home' with a lot of children is not a place for Lori, as she struggles being around a lot of people, especially new people, which is honestly why she has been surprised as to how good Lori has been with Kara. Although a part of Lena wonders if Lori is so okay with Kara because she feels familiar with her, as she has told Lori a lot about Kara over the last few years. However, unfortunately, after a long while on the phone, Lena has been told that no foster families are currently available to take Lori into a home with only a small number of children, meaning Lori will have to go into a children's home with a lot of other kids.

While Lena has been on the phone to various people, Kara has taken it on her own initiative to entertain Lori, and try and keep the girl occupied, and without any worries about her current situation. To do this, Kara has decided to share her burgers, that she got for her and Lena, with Lori, thinking she can get Lena another one later. However, while Kara has been talking to Lori, she has used her super hearing to listen to Lena's phone calls, and she knows things are not good.

Lena walks over to the coffee table, where Lori and Kara are sitting, having just got off the phone, and sighs.

"I'm sorry Lori..." Lena says, with so much sadness in her voice.

Lori turns and looks at Lena, with tears in her eyes now.

"I have to go into a big foster home?" Lori asks.

"Yes... there's nothing I can do." Lena replies.

"Why can't I stay with you?" Lori asks.

Lena sighs again.

"I've told you this before Lori, they won't let me. They won't let me adopt or foster you because of what my family has done, and how my life is in danger. You have no idea how much I wish I could." Lena says, with a bit of hurt in her voice.

Lori now breaks into tears, and Lena quickly moves over and takes the 7-year-old in for a big hug.

"Shhhhh.... Lori.... it will be okay.... I'll figure something out." Lena says, even though she doesn't think she'll be able to do anything.

Kara looks at Lena and Lori, and her heart is completely broken for them. Kara honestly has already completely fallen in love with Lori. The girl is so wonderful, so she hates this is happening to her. Just because she is an older foster child doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a happy home too.

"I'll do it..." Kara says, without even thinking.

"What?" Lena says, shocked, pulling back from her hug with Lori and looking at Kara.

Kara gulps, realising what she just said. But Kara then looks at Lori, and her decision becomes even clearer.

"I'll..... I'll foster.... Lori." Kara says.

Lena gets up from the chair and walks over to Kara.

"Kara.... are you sure about this?" Lena asks, "Please don't do this for me. This is a really big commitment.... and if you are not serious about it..... Lori deserves better than that."

"No... I uhh...... I know this is serious.... and I mean it..... I.... I'm not sure how any of this works..... but.... I'd happily foster Lori.... if she wants that.... I don't want her to go into a home." Kara replies.

Lena studies Kara's face for a few moments, as if she is checking to make sure her friend is serious.

"Kara..... are you really sure?" Lena asks.

"Yes." Kara nods, "Look.... I'm a well-respected reporter, and I have a stable job, and am not in any danger. Well, as far as the foster people know. I'm a perfect candidate to foster Lori."

Lori now gets up from the chair and walks over to Kara.

"You.... you really will foster me?" Lori asks, in a timid voice, still sniffling.

Kara turns her gaze and looks at Lori, looking at the girl looking so timid, as she wipes away her tears. In that moment, Kara falls even more in love with the young girl.

"Yeah. I will." Kara says, growing a smile now.

Lori grows a smile in return, and then quickly jumps onto Kara's lap, taking her in for a hug.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I promise I'll be really goo!" Lori says, continuing to hug the blonde.

Kara hugs the young girl back, and feels such a rush, with her heart beating faster as Lori hugs her. Kara feels a feeling of love again as Lori hugs her, and because of that, she knows this is the right decision.

"You don't have to thank me, Lori. I want to do this." Kara says, placing a kiss on top of Lori's head.

Lena lets out a sigh of relief, a weight feeling like it has been lifted off her shoulders. Lena cares so much for Lori, and it has honestly devastated her that she has been blocked from fostering and adopting her herself. So, Lena is really glad that she now knows that Lori will have a good safe home with Kara, one where she can be involved too.

"Okay..." Lena says, interrupting Kara and Lori's hug. "I think we need to get you home now, Lori."

"Can't I go home with Kara?" Lori asks Lena, confused.

"No. It doesn't work like that honey. It will take a few days for the paperwork to go through. But I'll go through it all with Kara so that you can move in with her as soon as Julie and Clive leave National City, and hopefully before." Lena says, with a caring look on her face.

"O... okay..." Lori nods, understanding what Lena is saying.

"Good. Now, I'll have my driver take you back home. I think you are probably going to be in a lot of trouble with your school." Lena admits.

Lori bites her lip, anxiously.

"I know.... but I just wanted to see you..." Lori replies.

"Well, you'll be able to see Lena all the time now, as Lena and I spend a lot of time together." Kara smiles.

"I know. Lena has told me about the time you spend together." Lori says, looking at Lena with a smile.

Kara smiles back at the young girl.

"Okay, let's go." Lena says, picking up her bag.

"Is Kara coming with us?" Lori asks.

"Uhhh...." Lena says, looking at Kara.

"Sure. I'll come too." Kara replies, with a smile.

The three ladies then head out of Lena's office, and down to Lena's driver's car.

***********************

Kara, Lena and Lori arrive back at Lori's foster home about 30 minutes after leaving L-Corp. Seeing as it is the middle of the day, there was a lot of traffic getting here.

"Okay, here we are." Lena says, "I'll come take you to the front door."

Lori nods her head, and then turns to look at Kara.

"Thank you for what you are doing, Kara." Lori says, sweetly, "I promise I'll be very good when you foster me."

Kara reaches over to Lori and strokes some hair out of the 7-year-old's face.

"Lori, when you are with me, I don't want you to worry about being good or bad. I want you to just be you, and feel safe, and loved. I promise, I'm going to try my best to do all those things." Kara says, smiling caringly at the girl.

"Okay." Lori nods, with a smile too.

Lena and Lori then get out of the car, and Kara watches through the window as Lena walks Lori to the front door, and then talks with Julie who is waiting for them. However, as Kara is sitting there in the car, it finally hits her as to what she is doing. Kara realises that she has literally just made a decision which will likely change the rest of her life. Kara knows that she only has agreed to foster Lori, but she also knows that she is going to fall even more in love with Lori than she already is, and therefore never let her go. This then causes Kara to think about how completely unprepared she is to raise a child, let alone the fact that she only lives in a single bedroom apartment. Needless to say, Kara begins to freak out, not only because she thinks she's not prepared, but because she doesn't want to screw things up for Lori.

About 5 minutes later, Lena gets back into the car, and then directs her driver to head back to L-Corp. Kara remains in stunned silence.

"You have no idea how relieved I am at you doing this Kara." Lena says.

Kara remains silent.

"Kara?" Lena calls out, a bit concerned now.

Kara remains silent.

"Kara?" Lena tries again, placing a loving hand on Kara's side.

Lena's hand finally gets Kara's attention, and the blonde jerks and looks at Lena.

"Sorry.... what?" Kara replies, confused.

"Kara... are you okay? What's the matter?" Lena asks, now concerned herself.

Kara remains silent for a few moments, before she finally turns to look at Lena again.

"It's just.... all hitting me.... what I have agreed to and everything....." Kara begins, "It's not that I regret it or anything.... or am having any doubts..... I have only known Lori briefly.... and I already adore her.... So fostering her is going to be amazing..... But.... I just realised that I am really not prepared for it all..... I don't know what a 7-year-old needs..... or even that much about Lori herself.... Like... does she have any allergies? What's her medical history? Does she need to go to any special classes or anything? Then.... to top it all off.... I only live in a one-bedroom apartment! That's not enough space for the both of us.... So now I'm going to have to find a new place and...."

"Kara!" Lena says, interrupting the blonde's ramble/spiral, placing another hand on Kara's arm.

Kara turns and looks at Lena in the eyes.

"It's going to be okay." Lena says, "I understand that this is all a lot. But I promise, I am going to help you through this all. They may not allow me to foster or adopt Lori, but that doesn't mean I can't be there to help you, and Lori. This way I'll be able to be so much more involved in Lori's life than I am now. If you want me to be, of course."

"Of course I do!" Kara quickly replies.

"Good." Lena nods, with a small smile on her face, "And as for your apartment... leave that up to me."

"What do you mean leave it up to you? Are you going to find me somewhere else to live or something? As I should really decide that myself." Kara says.

"No. Don't worry. Just, for the next week stay at Alex or my place, and I'll get your apartment ready for Lori. Or... I'll pay some people to do it for me." Lena says.

Kara looks at Lena, confused for a moment, but she decides she better not ask what Lena is going to do, she trusts her after all.

"O... okay.." Kara replies.

"Great. And as for everything else, I can help you figure that out as we go. And I'm sure that Alex and Eliza will want to be involved as well, so it's not like you are alone in this." Lena says, with a caring smile.

"Yes... right... okay.." Kara says, and then lets in a sigh of relief.

********************

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" Alex asks her sister, shocked.

Kara has now made her way over to Alex's apartment to spend the night, and the next week, and she has just told her sister about her fostering Lori.

"I'm going to foster Lori, Lena's 'little sister' as part of the big brothers and sisters of America programme." Kara repeats.

"Kara.... have you thought this through?" Alex asks, "Fostering a child is a huge responsibility."

"I know that Alex.... but I want to do this..... You.... you should see Lori... She is like the cutest girl in the world... and I have already completely fallen for her, even though I've only met her twice. I want to foster her." Kara says.

Alex gives Kara a certain look after she hears her sister say that.

"Kara..... are you sure?" Alex asks, "Taking in a child to look after is a huge responsibility. I know you are just fostering her, but I know you. I know that if you do foster this Lori girl, you are never going to let her go. You are not the type of person who can foster a child and wait until they are adopted, and let her leave. So, you need to be sure about this, because this is a lifetime commitment you are going to make. You are not going to just be this Lori's foster mom for a few years, or until she turns 18. You are going to be her mom for the rest of your, and her, life."

Kara bites her lip nervously after Alex says that. Over the last few hours, admittedly, Kara has had the same thoughts as Alex. Kara has worried about the fact that she will be fostering Lori, with it making her anxious. Kara knows now, after spending time with Lori a few times, that what Alex is saying is completely true. Kara knows that if she takes Lori into her home and fosters her, she will end up adopting her. A part of Kara is terrified by that prospect, with her thinking that she's not ready, and not good enough for Lori. However, Kara then thinks about Lori again, and how amazing she is, and her heart feels so full. Kara knows that she should feel privileged to get to call Lori her daughter, foster or actual.

"I know, Alex." Kara replies, "Believe me, I have had all these thoughts spiral in my own head too. But, I'm sure. I want to foster Lori. I want to take care of her and everything. I want to make her part of our family. I want to be her mom, and I want you to be her cool aunt, and our other friends Lori's other aunts and uncles. I want this."

Alex looks at Kara again, this time in her eyes, as if she is looking into her sister's soul.

"And you are not just doing this because of Lena?" Alex asks.

"What do you mean?" Kara asks, confused.

Alex sighs, in a slightly frustrated manner.

"Kara, I know that you are in love with Lena." Alex says, "So I want to make sure that you are doing this for the right reasons, not just to make Lena happy. Lori deserves better than that."

"Of course not. I mean..... Lena obviously plays a part..... but I'm not so self-absorbed as to only be doing this to please Lena. I can separate my feelings for Lena from what I want to do, and I want to do this. I am 100% certain." Kara says.

Alex looks at Kara again in silence for a few more seconds.

"Okay." Alex eventually says.

"Okay?" Kara replies.

"Yeah." Alex nods, "If you are sure this is what you want to do, then I'm going to support you 100%."

"Thank you, Alex." Kara smiles, "That means the world to me, and I promise, when you meet Lori, you are going to be just as taken by her as I am. She's absolutely adorable."

Alex now grows a small smile on her face.

"I'm sure I will be." Alex replies, "But is there a reason that Lena can't foster her?"

"Oh, apparently Lena has asked about fostering and adopting Lori before, but due to her family name, and her having suffered many attacks and assassination attempts, she just isn't allowed to foster or adopt. Or at least she is highly unlikely to be successful if she put in an application." Kara explains.

"Oh..... yeah...... I guess that sort of makes sense...... even though I'm pretty sure that any child that Lena were to have would be incredibly safe, because I know Lena would go all crazy protecting them." Alex says, "The only person a child might be safer with, is you."

"Yeah." Kara nods, "Well, at least this way Lena can still be a very big part of Lori's life. I know I've only known about her for a few weeks now, but I can tell from how Lena speaks about Lori, and how she looks at her, just how much she means to her."

Alex, once more, smiles at Kara.

"Well, I guess I'm happy for you, Kara." Alex smiles, "Have you got any idea as to when you will get Lori, or when whatever Lena is doing to your apartment will be done?"

"Uhhh..... I don't really know on both counts to be honest." Kara replies, "Lena said that I should stay with you, or her, for a week. So, I guess that means that whatever she is doing she plans to have finished in a week.... I guess rich people can spend whatever money they want to get things done quickly."

Alex chuckles.

"I'm surprised you didn't take Lena up on her offer to stay with her." Alex says, with a smirk.

"There is no way I could do that!" Kara quickly replies, "If I had to spend a week with Lena, almost constantly, I might burst. I still haven't told her how I feel."

"Yeah, I gathered that." Alex nods, "Do you have any plans to tell her any time this century?"

"I have been trying, Alex!" Kara moans, "The first time I was going to tell her I went to her office and then found out about Lori and thought she was Lena's secret girlfriend, so I didn't tell her. Then later, after I learnt the truth about Lori, I was going to tell her earlier today, when I was going to L-Corp, but things then got interrupted by Lori being there and all the stuff with her foster parents moving away. So..... I just.... haven't had the opportunity."

"But you still plan to tell her, at some point?" Alex asks, with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes." Kara nods, "But..... I think..... I need to get through the foster process first..... and have Lori comfortable living with me and everything..... before I then tell Lena..... I don't want to tell Lena and screw anything up that could affect Lori in anyway."

"Hmmm." Alex hums.

"What?" Kara asks.

"Just.... don't keep giving yourself excuses, Kar." Alex replies, "I would hate for you to never tell her, and then you to regret it for the rest of your life."

"I will tell her, Alex." Kara says.

"Yeah, okay." Alex nods, "Anyway, seeing as you are staying here for the next week, I'll get you some stuff to make up the couch."

Alex stands up from the couch and then moves to a wardrobe next to her bed.

"As I'm the guest, shouldn't you take the couch?" Kara asks, with a smirk.

Alex throws a pillow in Kara's face.

"Dream on, sis." Alex says, "You can literally fly while you are sleeping. I'm human, so I need a comfy mattress to get a good night's sleep. So, you are taking the couch. But, ya' know, you could always take Lena up on her offer?"

"No! I'm fine here!" Kara squeaks out.

Alex chuckles, amused at Kara being flustered.

*************************

If you would like to see the next chapter right now, you can check out these links: https://linktr.ee/Rstories

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 149 27
After Kara reveal her identity as Supergirl (on season 6), the reporter tries to get used her new life without secrets and her insecure to face the c...
40.2K 1.2K 51
Post season 5. Kara and Lena's friendship is renewed once more, but this time with no secrets between them it turns into something more. Kara and Len...
74K 1.5K 19
When Kara is captured by CADMAS, its up to Lena Luther to find out her secret and save her before its too late (Supercorp (LenaxKara) fanfiction) (Co...
15.2K 593 10
Kara lands herself a new job as caretaker for the Luthor's. She's to take care of their youngest daughter Lena, who's been forced to move back in wit...