π„ππ“π‘πŽππ˜ ― d. grayson ΒΉ

By ladylorianz

❝ π˜›π˜Έπ˜ͺ𝘴𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘣𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘡𝘰 π˜ͺ𝘡. ❞ titans season one, two & three oc Γ—... More

π„ππ“π‘πŽππ˜
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
β€· zero
β€· one
β€·two
β€· three
β€· four
β€· five
β€· six
β€· seven
β€· eight
β€· nine
β€· ten
β€· eleven
β€· twelve
β€· thirteen
β€· fourteen
β€· fifteen
β€· sixteen
β€Ώ seventeen
β€Ώ eighteen
β€Ώ nineteen
β€Ώ twenty
β€Ώ twenty-one
β€Ώ twenty-two
β€Ώ twenty-three
β€Ώ twenty-four
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
β€Ώ twenty-five
β€Ώ twenty-six
β€Ώ twenty-seven
β€Ώ twenty-eight
β€Ώ twenty-nine
β€Ώ thirty
β€Ώ thirty-one
β€Ώ thirty-two
β€Ώ thirty-three
β€Ώ thirty-four
β€Ώ thirty-five
β€Ώ thirty-six
β€Ώ thirty-seven
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐫𝐞𝐞
β€Ώ thirty-eight
β€Ώ thirty-nine
β€Ώ forty
β€Ώ forty-one
β€Ώ forty-two
β€Ώ forty-three
β€Ώ forty-four
β€Ώ forty-six
β€Ώ forty-seven
epilogue
FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE

β€Ώ forty-five

423 8 2
By ladylorianz

Burgundy and gold, an ostentatious structure that hugged her curves and created new shapes; Dianna found herself garmented with the most ridiculously sterling gown. Microscopic sparks reflected the dim lighting of her room. She was stunning and pathetic; she loved and hated the attire.

"Is this the right choice?" She sighed, testing different angles, searching for the tiniest flaw that would make her ditch the dress and find an excuse to stay at the Manor.

The shuffling of her bedsheets caught her attention. She stared at the woman from the mirror. Blackfire pulled the covers further up into her naked chest, a smirk making its way into her dewy face. "I think you look amazing. Like a princess."

"Coming from royalty it feels like I'm being made fun of," Dianna said with a scoff, running her hands up and down the thick fabric. She hated that she adored this piece. A hypocrite wearing the finest clothes while preaching about poverty.

Blackfire let out a chuckle, throwing on her oversized shirt to leave the bed. "Maybe. Still, you look kittenish."

"Kittenish? That's a word I never thought I'd hear and I've heard some weird stuff from these people." As soon as those words left her mouth, his grin vanished. Here she was, before a grand mirror with a golden frame, styling a thousand dollars, in a millionaire's manor. She was part of 'these people' now, whether she liked it or not.

"What is it?"

Her hand clenched around the fabric of her skirt. "I hate pretending to be someone I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I love trying on dresses and decorating myself with pearls and golds. . . but becoming Dianna Wayne is horrible. I'm doing this for the citizens of Gotham, to make their lives better. Watching the city grow because of my actions is rewarding, it keeps me going. Still, I feel like a cheap version of Diana Spencer."

"Who's that?" Blackfire questioned as she stepped closer, towering over her smaller figure.

Dianna tried her best not to gawk, fixating her gaze on the dress. "She was a princess of the people. You should look into her." Her hand traveled to her empty neck, caressing the soft skin, picturing an endless list of accessories, the cherry on top. "I think Temi has a necklace that would go with this dress. And then, I'm heading out."

"Well, good luck." Blackfire's fingers traced over her shoulders, leaving goosebumps on its trail. Dianna closed her eyes, allowing herself to detach from worry. Just for one second. "I shall go to Conner's room."

"Please don't remind me of that."

The girl circled her, covering the mirror's view. Dianna was forced to look at her, blood rushing to her neck. "You've never done this, have you?"

"Sharing? Or sleeping with a girl? Cause I haven't done either."

Two hands cupped her cheeks. Dianna felt her entire face burning. It was warm, homey, safe. It made her want to stay, forget about the gala, leave everything behind for a few minutes under her touch. She reached to pull Blackfire away when the girl leaned in. A small kiss, then another. Sparks burst with each encounter of their lips.

Dianna pulled away. If she exposed herself any further she'd be compelled to stay. She couldn't do that. Blackfire smiled at her actions, stepping back. "You'll get used to it. Maybe come visit us when you return."

She gave a nod to please her. She wouldn't visit. She was uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a lover, but she wouldn't express it to Blackfire out of fear of losing the nightly shock of reality.

They shared a smile before parting ways. Blackfire headed down the hall to Conner's room. Dianna waltzed down the stairs. Chin up, shoulders back, small smile, control your hands and enjoy the night. She repeated the mantra to herself, transforming into the perfect girl Gotham needed her to be.

The chauffeur opened the car's door as she stepped outside the manor. She thanked the driver and entered the leather 'paradise'. She immediately rolled down the window before suffocating in the elegant scent they used in these vehicles. The car started and drove away from the home. There was no turning back.

Fifteen minutes sitting alone in silence before they arrived at the venue. The sudden flashes and chatter overwhelmed her immediately. The car came to a stop and her door opened. Flashes, yells, pressure. Chin up, shoulders back. She stepped out of the vehicle and beamed, her hand waving everywhere and nowhere at the same time. She rushed inside in an elegant manner, escaping the spotlight.

Once her heels touched the velvet floors, she was unnoticeable. Another one in the crowd. She snatched a glass of champagne from a waiter and gulped it in one go before returning the empty glass. Pushing her hair behind her shoulder, she began heading for the crowd. She would mingle until Dick and Barbara showed their faces.

Ten minutes and she pretended to laugh at the most boring joke ever. Dick texted her informing her they would be late. Half an hour and she'd drowned more alcohol, listening to older women complain about their children, throwing advice at her to have a better life. Barbara had phoned saying Dick wouldn't make it, that she should be there soon.

One hour. Dianna was surrounded by the children she'd heard complaints about. They weren't so bad. They simply weren't what their parents had expected them to be. Her phone chimed as one explained how he'd won his latest polo game.

The message was from Barbara. Dick's at the hospital. He's fine. I'll stay with him until he wakes up. Sorry, I won't make it.

She was on her own, trapped with the most boring people in the world. Her stomach growled with hunger. The microscopic portions barely satisfied her. What was the point of staying anyway? She'd showed her face, made the donation, mingled with these insufferable characters, and drank too much. She should leave.

"Oh, I know that face. I hate these things, too," a man commented as he stepped by her side, copying her posture as he leaned onto the railing, looking down at the crowd below. Dianna scooted an inch away, telling herself to remain calm. He'll walk away. "Pretending to care for the lower classes when I get rich from them. If they really wanted to stop being poor they'd work harder."

Fuck it. The night had been too hard on her. She snapped around, scowling at the old man. "Work harder?"

"Miss Wayne! I didn't know it was─" The man staggered back, searching for an escape in the room.

Dianna cornered him in the shadows, keeping him away from the stairs. She should punch him, make him remember his mistake until the bruise faded. No. She couldn't. Chin up. Control your hands. "I'm glad you didn't recognize me. Expect an email in the upcoming days. You're getting cut off."

"You bitch."

She gave him a small grin. She did not take his words as an offense. "Thank you. It's my pleasure making old, white men angry."

The man was left stuttering, looking for a response. Dianna scoffed, walking away. Chin up, shoulders back and the biggest grin she could muster. She was getting out of this horrible, claustrophobic, excruciatingly dull place. She couldn't escape through the front doors. That would attract unwanted attention. Paparazzi would follow her any place she went.

Dianna sneaked through the balcony ( a five-foot fall, without her heels on, of course ). The end of her dress dirtied with mud as she ran through the gardens, branches scratching her skin. Not too deep into the maze of trees hung several chauffeurs, smoking as they waited for their bosses to exit the party.

She found her driver rather lonely, leaning against the vehicle with a cigarette in her hand. The woman nearly screamed when Dianna emerged from the bushes. She composed herself in seconds, becoming professional once again. "Miss? Is something wrong? You want me to drive you home?"

"Sorry to sneak up like that," Dianna said with a chuckle. She fixed her dress and hair, following the posh roleplay. "I wondered if you could take me to the train station near Chinatown? To the memorial, I mean."

The woman had no other alternative than to agree. Dianna rolled down the window, resting on the door, smiling as the wind caressed her face. The darker district in Gotham wasn't too far from the venue, and given that no one dared to roam those streets this late at night, they reached the destination in seven minutes.

Dianna warned the driver to keep the engine running in case they needed a quick escape. She jogged to the candle-lit area, hugging her body to remain warm. Pictures, letters, flowers; a forgotten corner with her face. Who would pay respect to a girl that had been gifted with a second chance?

Stella Vasquez. A fading image. Soft curls, tanned skin, the most beautiful smile she'd ever seen. A single drying rose by her side; the candle melted to the ground. It wasn't fair. Why wasn't her shrine as bright as the others, with fresh flowers and circled by candles and letters? Her mother deserved that and a million things more. Her memory shouldn't vanish. It was unfair.

Her hand reached inside her purse, but she stopped. She could hear loud footsteps attempting to be sneaky. Rather than plucking the stolen flower from the garden, her hand seized a taser. She waited for the person to come closer, preparing her defense in her head. Turn, elbow, taser.

"Dianna Vasquez?" The taser slipped from her grasp. Not many people in Gotham used her real name. "Could I talk to you for a second?"

She looked at her mother. She hadn't been able to say anything yet. "I don't. . ."

"Look, I'm sorry for interrupting you. But I have no one else to go to." Her shoulders slumped. She wouldn't be able to have any time alone with her mom tonight. "Your friend Dick turned me down. I want to help the city the same way he does. But he refuses to let me help him and the Titans."

Oh?

Dianna couldn't help her curiosity. She took the flower and crouched before the framed picture. Another time it'll be. She placed the bright rose against the glass and sighed. Dusting off her gown, she turned to face the teenage boy with a clueless smile. "I'm afraid I don't know what you talk about. Richard's only way of helping is through donations. He won't even show up to events like tonight's."

The teen chuckled. He'd surely encountered the same facade when he talked to Dick. He knew it was bullshit and it must be amusing to see them trying to hide it. "That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the caped crusaders. I know he's Nightwing. And you're Fénix."

"Huh, that's the first time I heard someone pronounce that correctly." She shook her head, wiping away the grin on the teen's face. "Still, this Fénix vigilante wasn't seen patrolling Gotham with the Titans. How could it be me if she isn't even here?"

"I have proof from San Francisco. But it doesn't matter. I'm not asking for her help. I'm asking for your help. You care about Gotham, so help me find Scarecrow and stop him."

He knew enough. He had proof. Yet, she couldn't admit it. She couldn't tell him they were under those masks. But. . . she could help him achieve his goal. Their goal is to save the city. 'Resourceful contacts' and 'some people I know' would have to make an appearance.

"Bringing down bad guys isn't a game. Scarecrow, Jonathan Crane, is extremely dangerous."

"I know. His drug nearly killed my dad. That's why we gotta do something. So no one else gets hurt."

Screw pretending. He had the right idea and the right heart, he just needed guidance. If she refused him, he would get himself killed. She stepped toward the boy, index finger digging into his chest. "You follow my lead and stay close to me at all times. I won't lose anybody else to the psychopaths this city breeds. Understood?"

He gave a silent nod. Not enough. She pressed further until a proper response spilled from him. "Understood."

Dianna moved back, satisfied. What would the next step be? She couldn't take him to the manor, Dick would kill her. She couldn't show him the other annex Batcaves without risking everything. She could only take him to her car, where they could talk privately.

She began guiding him to the vehicle but stopped, remembering his words. "Hey, um, I'm sorry about your dad."

He seemed shocked by her words. The idolized figure of a millionaire child turned out to be a person, someone who empathized with his hurt. "It's okay. He's recovering."

She smiled, glancing one last time toward the shrine of the fallen citizens. He was lucky his father would heal. A gift no many could cherish─ her thoughts were interrupted by her stomach. It growled in the silent night, catching the teen's attention. "How about you tell me what you think you know? Maybe over some burgers, uhh. . ."

"Tim. Tim Drake," he finished immediately, his confidence returning to him. "How about over noodles? My family owns a restaurant nearby. My treat."

Dianna grinned. Sounded like the perfect plan. Eating and listening to anything that distracted her.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

In twenty-four hours Tim Drake proved himself to be something new.

He was too astute for his age, hence how he figured Bruce Wayne was Batman ( not a fact she'd concur with for the moment ). He had hacked into the city's CCTV system, keeping an eye on everything happening in the streets. And he had basic skills for the job, not enough to climb onto rooftops for a better view. So they were stuck to the ground, hiding behind buildings, exposed to those they tracked.

Somehow, even when Tim managed to tumble to the ground after slipping on some oil, Jason did not notice them. He had his eyes fixed on the sky, where Batman and anyone he trained would be watching him. He'd exited the infamous tunnels the Dark Knight used, and the ones that, according to Tim, Dick had entered earlier that day.

They'd snuck around the former hero all the way to The Bowery with some very close calls. Tim had followed Jason's every move from up close while Dianna kept her distance since he would recognize her.

The wannabe Robin had been stuck in a bus with Jason, unaware of where the older teen would descend. Dianna believed she had it worse. She couldn't get on the bus without alerting Jason, so she was stuck on her bike, trying to peek inside the bus to check on Tim. She had hated every second they stayed in the same closed space. She couldn't predict Jason anymore.

When they had reached the poorer, marginalized district, Jason hopped off the bus and headed for a restricted building. Dianna waited in the shadows for Tim to follow. The bus started, her new partner still inside. She stepped on the gas, taking cover behind the vehicle as they moved on to the next stop.

Eleven blocks later, the bus stopped again. Tim hurried out of the transport, looking around, lost. Dianna sped beside him, scooting closer to the front of her bike. He sighed at her presence. "Come on. I saw where he's heading."

Tim hopped onto the motorbike and she wasted no time in making a U-turn. She drove back to the strange place she'd last seen Jason, speeding past cars and anyone who got in the way. They wouldn't miss this opportunity to catch Jason. She needed to confront him, look into his eyes, and decide if he was worth risking everything for. There weren't many people left in the Titans that believed he could be redeemed.

The bike came to a stop and Dianna jumped out, Tim hesitantly behind her. She sensed the question coming from a mile away, though she stopped it by pressing a button hidden in her bracelet. The vehicle locked down, impossible to be stolen. The teen shut his mouth and entered the mysterious area with her.

An old factory under construction. The perfect hideout. Dianna closed the door behind them. She took the first step, squinting her eyes, attempting to see through the darkness of the night. A protective arm stretched around Tim, shielding him with her body.

"Alright, I'm gonna climb up that shed and scan the area. I'll be right back." She dashed for the small room, glancing over her shoulder. Tim remained glued on the spot. Using a crate to gain height, she leaped onto the roof, pressing her knees on the cold metal.

There wasn't much space to hide. The terrain was mainly a loading dock, two security posts, and the main building. No place to hide. A single parked truck showed no threat. Jason and Crane were smarter than that. Unfortunately for them, that meant the pair would be found inside.

"Bad news, Drake─"

He wasn't there. How was that possible? She left him out of sight for two fucking minutes and he was already gone. Her gaze flickered back to the broad terrain. No sign of him. This was bad. Detrimental. How would she explain this to Dick? Fuck, how would she be able to face his family and tell them the horrible news?

No. Deep breaths. Positive thoughts. She would find him. He couldn't have gotten far. He was fine. He would be fine. This was just a scare. Nothing would happen to him. . .

Bang. It echoed in the emptiness.

Dianna slipped from the shed. She tried to land the old-fashioned way. Her left foot missed the mark, twisting. She held back a cry, breathing through gritted teeth. Her fingers pressed around the painful area. Nothing felt out of place. Push through the pain. Getting back to her feet, she began searching for the source. Every cell in her body wanted to scream his name but she knew better, that would only endanger him.

She headed to the only blindspot from the shed, circling the main building. She couldn't figure out if she'd unconsciously refused to acknowledge the figure laying on the ground or if she truly didn't see him until he groaned her name weakly. She rushed to his side, kneeling on the moistened ground as she studied his wound. Straight in the chest, a lot of blood spilling out. Not good.

A third presence shadowed her sight. Jason crouched beside them, scanning the teen.

Dianna pushed him away. This was his fault. He had led them into a trap and now Tim was injured. He didn't get to act surprised. He knew exactly what had happened. She shoved him again. "Did you do this to him?"

"I─"

"I can't keep giving you more chances! First Hank, now. . . He just wanted to help. He isn't a threat!"

Jason grabbed his hair, groaning. "I didn't do this! You hear me? I didn't. He must've followed me and. . ." He looked at her and scoffed. Dianna blinked, eyelashes getting wet. He read right through her. "You brought him here. Stop trying to blame me."

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I lost him for a second. And now he's wounded. It's my fault." Her gaze dropped back to Tim, applying pressure on his wound. People kept dying on her watch. She continued to fail herself, Bruce, and her mother. "It's my fault. I should've stopped you back at the tower. It's my fault Deathstroke got to you. I'm sorry, Jay."

Tim Drake's eyes fluttered closed. His heartbeat slowed down. His breathing became irregular, strangled. She pressed harder.

Jason kneeled again, checking the teen's pulse. His eyebrows furrowed. Oh, no, nono. He took out his phone and began dialing. "I'm calling an ambulance, okay? We can─" The gate rattled open. Krypto zoomed toward them, barking at Jason. Dianna reached for his hand, trying to keep him there. "I gotta go. I'm sorry."

"We can explain this wasn't you. They'll understand. Please."

"I'm sorry." He stepped back, bringing the phone to his ear. She heard him requesting an ambulance to their location. He hadn't changed much. He could redeem his violence. He only had to put some effort into it.

The rest of the Titans rushed into the scene. Dick crouched by her side, gasping when he saw the boy's face. "Tim?"

"He's still breathing but something's wrong. Conner, please check him."

Conner stepped around them, getting a clear view of the wound with his x-ray vision. "Looks like the bullet went clean through. It punctured his right lung. I can't assess the damage."

Dianna thanked his efforts with a nod before focusing on Tim. Her hands were drenched in blood. Her pressure was not working. "We need to stop the bleeding. Where's Temi?"

"I'll call an ambulance," Garfield announced as he stepped away from the scene.

She glanced at the team. Only five of them. "Where the fuck is Temi?"

Dick gulped. His eyes moved around, searching for someone to answer. He had no idea where Artemisia was. Kory leaned over them, frowning. "The League called in one of her favors. She's been with them for the last couple of days."

"Fuck! Of course, she is." Dianna shook her head. They didn't need superpowers to save Tim. She had enough knowledge to keep him alive until the ambulance arrived. She neared his mouth, listening to his breaths. Bubble-like noises escaped him. Fuck. "He's got blood in his lungs, he's gonna drown."

Gar rushed back to their side. "Paramedics were already on their way. They had another call. Two minutes, tops."

"Okay, you two stay with Tim," Dick ordered Dianna and Gar. She wouldn't leave his side for anything. "Kory and I will go in this way. Conner, go around back."

The team fled in seconds, leaving the three of them alone. Dianna bit down her lip, trying to keep herself together. She shouldn't panic. That would only make things worse. Maintain focus.

"You know, he came up to me while I visited the memorial. I was going to send him off when he mentioned he knew Dick was Nightwing." She took a deep breath, controlling her trembling hands. "He asked for my help. I thought I could handle it, protect him from everything, but I lost sight of him for one second and he got hurt."

Gar squeezed her arm. "Don't worry. Help's on the way. Everything will be fine."

Contrasting his words, a cloud of fire erupted from the factory. The ground trembled. Several alarms began buzzing. The lights around them popped, leaving them in darkness. Everything wasn't fine.

"What the fuck was that?"

Conner dashed in, looking at the smoke that surrounded them. "They set us up. Crane tricked Kory into using her powers. We just dosed all of Gotham with Crane's fear toxin."

Time felt like it had stopped. How could every single fucking thing get fucked up in a few minutes? The nearing wailing of sirens that should be reassuring suddenly felt like their worst nightmare. It symbolized what was to come. Pure chaos.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

In case there's any confusion about their ages, here are my headcanons:

• Dianna is 19 (probably will be 20 for season 4 idk yet)

• Conner would be 20 (though he's really only a few years old thanks to the clone loophole)

• Blackfire is 22 (her bio only mentions she's younger than Kory so this is a guess)

Gar and Rachel are still underage during S3

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. See you next chapter <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.6K 36
" We can't change the past, but there's a difference between moving on and letting go." ~Harley Quinn~ Harper Phoenix's journey continues. With new v...
15.1K 339 29
I do not own any characters besides y/n. all rights reserved to the creators of "Titans". In this story the infamous Detective Dick Grayson (Who was...
36.1K 814 18
in which xavier thorpe has a crush on the daughter of a demon xavier thorpe x fem!oc wednesday season one
9.6K 299 91
- peace in havok - Power and anger have gone hand in hand for Hazel her entire life, as has trust and heart. Hazel is bright as the s...