Cycle of Pain [Uchiha Itachi]

By u4ryah

Uchiha Itachi Fanfic Perhaps it isn't our time yet or maybe, we aren't just for each other. Maybe we just ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 4

93 6 0
By u4ryah

"Kakashi-senpai!" I called when I saw him leaning on the railings. He's with Tenzo and the other members of the Team Ro. 

He sighed before glancing up to meet my gaze, putting away his book back to his pockets. "You and Tenzo should really stop calling me that 'senpai'. It is ticking me off." He scolded but Tenzo and I just gave him snickers. "So, you are here. Should I say 'good luck'?" He rose an eyebrow. I noticed that he's wearing his usual ANBU outfit but his headband hiding his Sharingan. 

.

It's funny that I saw the other eye last night and now I am seeing another. "I must say I need good lucks, right, Tenzo-san?" I nudge him and he agreed. 

"You!" Kakashi said. "You are calling him 'san' and you are annoying me with the 'senpai', really? This is annoying. No, you're annoying." 

I can't help but to laugh with the rest of his team, he's freaking out. "You're hurting me. Am I that annoying, Yugao-san?" 

"Oh no, our little girl. You're not. He's just irritated by the fact that you're awesome." Yugao said. 

"No, she's a devil and I am not irritated. This is a waste of time, Aki. You should go to the waiting area by now." Kakashi stated, patting my head to give me some comfort. "We'll be waiting for a good result." This is how Kakashi says 'good luck'. 

"You should really kick them, as in kick your enemies." Tenzo added. "We trust your abilities so you don't have to be nervous. I can feel it." 

I can never hide my emotions with these people. They are truly my brothers and sisters here. And even though this world is cruel, I am happy that I met these kind of people back in my past life and now. 

"Shimitzuya Aki." I turned my head to where the voice came from.

I know this voice. I forgot that Shisui is a proctor in this exam. He was assigned to make sure that there would be no unnecessary battle will happen inside the waiting room. Well, everyone's feeling cocky because they passed the prelims and now taking the entrance exam, absolutely cocky. 

"I am afraid I know you, but yes, I am Shimitzuya Aki." Can I just get rid of getting stiff whenever I'm meeting someone? I am so formal. Just a habit. 

"Itachi told me already about this but you're really formal." He smiled, showing his white teeth on me. "I am Uchiha Shisui. Pleasured to meet you, Aki-san." I handed him my hand and made it clasp to his for our greetings. 

"Pleasure. Itachi-san already told me about you, and if I get lucky, I would be joining tactics and analytical. Hoping to work with you." I bowed my head a little before looking back again. "And, yes, just Aki is fine." 

"Then just Shisui is fine too." I agreed. "So when is your turn?" He asked. He's probably now bored that's why he's here, talking to me. I mean, I understand that his assigned plate is really boring but to even talk to me, as in right now? Lord Hokage should really reconsider assigning him. 

Nonetheless, I still answered. "After this fight." I told him. "My opponent would be from Nara." I am surprised that the Nara clan have produced some productive ninja that agreed to join this troublesome exam. This requires a lot of hard-work and physical abilities, not only mind of course. And knowing Nara clan, they hated works that requires physical movements. But I must admit, their knowledge is terrifying. 

"Oh, really?!" Shisui must have eaten another sweets because he's on his sugar rush mode. Where is Itachi? He should be here with him, guarding his unleased cousin. "Man, it will probably become interesting. Make it interesting, Aki. It would be a battle of brains, if not physical and techniques." I agree with that.

Nara is probably the most formidable and annoying opponent I could ever get but well, this already happened before and I passed. Now, I only have to make sure that this will turn more interesting. 

When the speaker roared out my name, I looked at Shisui. "I must be going now, Shisui." I told him with a smile. No evidence of being nervous caught him off guard before laughing. 

"I am impressed. I may have given you a biased description. Anyway, good luck. Ace it!" He said, punching the air using his fist. 

As I entered the arena, I was surrounded by noise. There's a lot of spectator today from great clans and even civilians. It is thrilling. I can clearly remember when I first step in this arena, I was so cold because I am so nervous. What a funny memory. 

"Shimitzuya Aki vs. Nara Hikori" Said the proctor. 

Nara Hikori - from my previous battle with him, he's as good as Shikamaru when it comes to tactics but what made him formidable was his speed when he's using the Nara clan's technique which is the Shadow possession. Aside from that, he's physically built. Meaning, he has this physical power plus his speed for releasing his shadow. Of course, add his brain to why he's formidable and I'll be dead. 

Luckily, I only wore a black high waisted short and a holster on my left upper thigh and a Medium sized white shirt with Uzumaki crest on the right sleeve, so it wouldn't be a hindrance for my movements later. Last time, I wore leggings and it was annoying, I'm telling you.

"Either dead, incapable of fighting or forfeited, the match will proceed." The proctor reminded us as Hikori and I walked in the middle. "You know the drills. Jutsu is required, weapons, either deadly or not, are also allowed." 

"Understood." Hikori and I said in unison. 

"Seal please." And then we did our form to seal as a ninja before taking our stances. I just stood there after we jumped backwards to make a space for our battle. That is my stance, my battle stance. 

By the looks of it, Hikori seems to be intrigued. 

"You look confident." I heard him mumbled. He must be re-thinking his plans by now. Last time we fought, nervousness was evident but now, I am confident. "I am afraid I'll be needing to prolong our fight, I'll beg for forgiveness for making you wait now." 

"It is fine." I told him with a smile. "You can take all the time you wanted to re-evaluate your plans to defeat me." I said smugly. "Nara's brain is already formidable and having you as my opponent excites me. Who would have thought that someone from the Clan full of lazy people manage to enter this exam. I am more intrigued by that, Hikori-san." 

I saw him smirked when I said that, "So you knew that I am formulating plan by prolonging this conversation and with you, coordinating must have know how to move already." He said. 

"Brilliant. You caught on." I even clapped my hand, surprising our spectators. "Now, shall we begin, Hikori-san? I am more of offensive person than tactical. I assure you, I'll give you a nice fist fight." I smiled evilly. 

"This is troublesome." 

( - _ - )

Itachi sat himself down beside Shisui. Both of them are watching from above, near the audience. They're accompanied by their ANBU colleagues who's out of their duty. 

"Why are you here? you should be inside the waiting room." Itachi just facepalmed on his cousin. Thinking how he, by the looks of it, neglecting his duty that was assigned from the Hokage itself, something his pacifism can't bear. 

"Stop, I don't want to hear another earful scolding." Shisui rolled his eyes on his friend - cousin, before fixating his eyes on the arena. 

"Another? So, there's someone before me? You deserves it." Itachi chuckled. "Oh, it's Aki-san's match now." 

"Yeah, the reason why am I here. I met her earlier and damn, I must apologize. I degraded her, sorry. She looks so confident and there has no trace of nervous can be seen." Itachi examined his cousin's voice. There's this excitement and amusement lingered on his voice but if you've stayed with Shisui almost everyday you'll know that he's suspicious. 

"You're thinking about it too, aren't you? She's quite frightening." Itachi concluded, and Shisui gave him a nod. "I've seen her talked with father, but my suspicions lowered as she cleared up my thoughts. I could feel that she knew that I am suspecting her. She's quite intelligent." He added. 

"Bro, you already know that she's lined with us, prodigies. I'm not boasting but just stating a fact." Shisui retorted. 

"Yeah, but the fact that she's not intimidated when I glared at her surprised me. I even activated my eyes with hopes but it didn't help me with anything. She knew something." Itachi stated, making Shisui hummed while thinking. 

"You're talking as if she's that astounding to decipher what's the reality inside our village." Shisui countered. "Why - oh, wait, she's standing? They're talking. She's up to fight a Nara. A troublesome one." Shisui blurted out after watching what is happening below. 

"Yeah, they're having conversation and it looks like Aki-san knew what she's doing. Nara Hikori, no - I think every Nara have this tendency to pick a conversation to prolong their plan formulation." Itachi backed him up. His eyes are looking intently below, watching how Aki moves and how their conversation proceeds. 

Both Itachi and Shisui activated their eyes so they could know what conversation they're having. 

"So she knew that the Nara is formulating a plan. She's good." Shisui praised her. Sharingan glaring to a certain raven-haired girl. "And now she proposed a fistfight? I bet she knew that he's well-built." 

"I agree." 

The duo continued to watch their fistfight until Hikori brought out a kunai in hopes to put a minimum damage to Aki but failed when a sword appeared right on his kunai direction and blocked it swiftly. 

"Woah, that's a huge of a sword. What is that?" Shisui asked, not taking off his eyes in the battle. 

Itachi eyed the sword that Aki was using. It was long, probably have the same size of kubikiribōchō  but the style is a bit different. It is a cross style kind of a sword, which is odd. The sword's hilt takes the shape of a cross and it has this huge blade, it is black blade but Itachi can tell that it is a fine blade. It also have a round green jewels as design or what but what caught Itachi's attention was the green jewelry at the edge of the bandaged grip.

 "Is this even registered as a seven sword? Or this is just a brand new?" Shisui spouted which Itachi agreed. He's also intrigued by the appearance of the odd sword. But the thing is, the user is more interesting than the huge sword. Itachi knew how big and probably weighed that sword was but Aki is just wielding it fine. She isn't showing any signs of difficulty, just fine. 

Itachi didn't took his Sharingan eyes off the arena and just intently looking at the girl fighting. 

"Bro, that hurts." Shisui commented when Aki managed to cut the Nara's shadows and gave Hiroki a blow and made him fly backwards, almost outside the ring. "Can you see that? Is she channeling her chakra through her sword? Have you seen that green slash cutting off Nara's shadow. That's absolutely mad!!" He added. 

"Yeah, major madness. Shikaku-sama's watching, see, he's also fascinated like us." Itachi mumbled, pointing the location of the Nara Clan's head. 

"Fascinated is an understatement. Knowing Shikaku-sama, he wouldn't let this slide unless he'd uncover what's behind her power. You know, Nara stuff." Shisui said but stopped when he saw his clan's head, eyeing intently over the girl they're watching. "Okay, now I am confused on who is she. She got your father watch this fight intently. Man, is the world's finally ending?" Shisui overdramatically whispered. 

"Idiot." But Itachi knew, there's something about that girl. "Shimitzuya Aki, huh?" 

( - _ - ) 

I smiled after making a Nara meet the wall. It creates a huge crater, making him groaned out of pain. oh, no, dear. I am sorry. 

I adjusted my sword again when I saw him standing up, weakly. I should stop getting cocky but this is so amazing. My sword cuts his clan's secret technique and he's overwhelmed with my physical power, very well. I'm still not using any Jutsu, just Kenjutsu and taijutsu. 

My sword is different. I have someone forged this when I was in the Land of Iron - the land of the samurai. But what makes this special is the built of the sword. It is cross-shaped huge sword and more importantly, it can dispel nor cut any kinds of Jutsu. Amazing, isn't it? 

"We have already wasted almost an hour, Hikori-san." I told him when he reached nearer. He's on his defense since I am readying myself for absolute offense. 

"You are taking me lightly, Aki-san. I can tell that you're sparing me, what a drag." He sighed, making me smile. 

"Don't worry, you're strong on your own. I just tripled my training before." I told him and he gave me a smile of gratitude. We don't need to get ahead of ourselves here since we both knew the consequences of getting cocky. I am lucky that my opponent is a Nara. "And I must say, whatever you're thinking before... you have finalized it now." I smiled evilly when I saw him smirked, readying himself to cast his Jutsu. 

"You knew me. No, even before this match. Did you do your research? I am really confused." He genuinely asked so I gave him a shook of a head to disagree. 

"I only am a natural observant. I just know how to study people." I lied when he asked about doing research but what I said is truth. "And studying you earlier is quite fun, really." 

"Shadow possession technique." He casted. His shadow swiftly snaked on the ground, trying to catch me. I admit that it is so fast but I am faster. His technique is quite similar to what Shikaku has. It can strangle a person but what makes it deadly was its speed. In an instant, his shadow is now beside me but since I'm lucky, it's easier for me to avoid it. 

What makes him annoying was he's good on making me far from him. It only shows that he's a long-range fighter rather than a mid-range or a short-range. I smirked. 

I released another slash  from my sword but not to cut his shadows. I released it towards his direction making him fly away but since my slash can grow wider, It caught him. I finally gave him a hard blow. He puke a vast amount of blood but before he could stand up, I appeared in front of him, making his eyes grew wider. I was aiming for another slash when he blocked my sword using kunai, leaving my left arm alone.

"Sorry, Nara Hikori. You are in my range." I said darkly as I used my free hands to weave a sign, making Hikori surprised. He tried to exit my grasp but he failed. "Lightning style: Storm of Lightning" I casted before leaving him there for electrocution. 

Ha, I sighed in relief. I didn't used too much ninjutsu because of the purge later. I have to reserve my stamina for that. Nonetheless, I feel great. 

Itachi, 

How are you, my love? Did you watched how I defeated Hikori? I did great, aren't I? Praise me more, but for now, I wanted to see you. I wanted to know if you're happy that I won against him. I wanted to know what you're thinking. 

and I wanted to received 'I love you'. 

Was that selfish? 

Aki. 

"You did great there. And what's with the sword? it's my first time seeing it." Tenzo blurted out the moment I get nearer them. Yugao and the others congratulated me for passing while Kakashi just gave me a brotherly pat on my head. 

"Oh this was called Yoru. The leader of the Land of Iron gave the name." I said, wiggling my eyebrows. "Anyways, thank you guys! I did great, right? Praise me, oh lord, praise me!" 

"Yeah, yeah, you did great there. Both of you and that Nara passed right? Well, he did great when he's countering your sword. That's a nice display of tactics. He's good. And you're also good, of course." Kakashi stated, making me look so proud and boastful.  

"Senpai, you should say she's the best." I heard Tenzo said to Kakashi. 

"No, I don't want to feed up her ego. Look at her oh, see. That's why." Kakashi deadpanned. 

"I so hate you, Kakashi-senpai." I told him with a glare. 

Kakashi stopped from patting my head. He's fixed with something on my back so I turned my head on it, facing Uchiha's heir and the Uchiha's pride. My heart beats faster when my eyes and his eyes met. Seconds after our stares, we broke our deal. 

I could feel thousands of butterfly on my system, definitely because of him. 

"Kakashi-san, Team Ro, greetings." Itachi formally greeted them, slightly bowing his head. Kakashi and others returned the gesture. "Aki." He called after. "Congratulations on passing. Welcome to ANBU." He said. I traced his voice and the only things I could feel is sincerity. 

I smiled genuinely, "You have my thanks, Itachi. I am surprised you watched it." I told him. 

"Well, you told me we'll be having a dinner." Oh, I flushed. He remembered.

I looked on my side, seeing how hard they hold themselves not to snicker in front of me. I am so mad with the Team Ro. While Shisui on the other hand have this amusing gaze on his eyes. He find this amusing that his little cousin here will be having a little dinner date with me. 

"Ehem." It was Kakashi. "I know that she doesn't have schedule after this exam so you're free to kidnap her now, it's okay, Itachi-kun. Legally approved." Kakashi said, raising his thumbs of approval, his visible eye is closed for his smile. 

My eyes widened in shock. How dare he forsake me like that? I am so getting you after this, Kakashi Hatake. This is not the end of our war. Especially, everyone in the team Ro!

Itachi's brows quirked with that and in a one swift of a movement, he's now carrying me in a bridal style way. 

"Then I'll be borrowing her for a while. Shisui, everyone, we'll get going!" Itachi respectfully uttered as we disappeared before their eyes. 

( - _ - )

"2000, in a month." Kakashi betted, placing his money on Tenzo's palms. Tenzo has become their treasurer. 

"No, 10,000. Just a week." Shisui proudly proclaimed, making the older guys stunned. "What? I earned enough money. Come on, I'm a billionaire." He said laughing. He drop his money on Tenzo's. 

"Week? Seriously? No. I know Aki - she's quite careful around everyone and romance isn't included on her vocabulary so I guess." Yugao paused to get some money on her wallet. "1000 - what?!" She asked when they gave her a look of disbelief. "I am broke, as in broke so, 1000 is enough." She retorted. 

"I agree, Aki is not into romance. Hell, if she is, she would have fallen to Kakashi here." Jay retorted with an eyeroll, placing his bet on Tenzo's palm. Tenzo became irritated that there's so many money on his palm so he used his wood style to create a basin. "Dumbass. You should have made it earlier. You're annoying yourself." Jay bickers. 

"Shut up." Tenzo commended. "But I agree. Aki would have fallen for Kakashi first before Itachi. I bet you 1000, Kakashi had crush on her instead". He earned a smack on his head from Kakashi after he said that. 

"She's 12. I am 21." Kakashi defended. 

"Your age is quite, what do you call this, come on Jay back me up. Should be romantic." Yugao pestered Jay for a right term. 

"Reciprocated age. Meaning, meant to be." Jay stoically said. 

"Dumbass, I viewed her as a sister. You guys are dramatic." Kakashi irritatingly said. "But yes, I do agree about what Jay said." 

Shisui on the other hand have this interesting smile on his face so he got them intrigued. "You know, Itachi is also not into romance as you guys already know but seeing him make a move earlier. It got me wonder." He hummed after he said that, contemplating his words. "But yeah, I'll still bet for a week."

"Dumbass, you wasted your 10,000." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 8.5K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
42.7K 1.2K 32
#.π™‰π˜Όπ™π™π™π™Š!- Λ—Λπ˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π—΄π—Ώπ—Όπ˜„π—Άπ—»π—΄ π˜π—Άπ—Ώπ—²π—± 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲.ΛŽΛ— ...
1.1M 52.1K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
7.9K 202 67
You are always running for your life. That is, until you came across them. Once you meet them, you don't have to run anymore. You were safe. But all...