There's Always A Reason (Nial...

By vinylhoran

Lana James loses everything she has ever known as her best friend loses his battle against cancer and leaves... More

One: Diagnosed
Two: Tattoo Me
Three: Unwanted Goodbye
Four: Surprise
Five: Concert
Six: After Party
Seven: I Can't Stop Missing You
Eight: Management
Nine: Truth or Dare?
Ten: First Date
Eleven: Airport
Twelve: Take Me Home
Thirteen: Will You?
Fourteen: Nothing's Fine I'm Torn
Fifteen: Saved Each Other
Seventeen: Give Me Love
Eighteen: Same Mistakes
Nineteen: Fear Is What It Really Is
Twenty: Small Bump
Twenty One: Wake Me Up
Twenty Two: Harry's New Girl/ Valentines Day
Twenty Three: Back For You
Not a chapter. Update to come this weekend.
Twenty Four: 5 Seconds of What?
Authors Note
Twenty Five: Alone
NEW STORY
Twenty Six: Just Us
Twenty Seven: Epilouge
helloooo <3
hi guys!

Sixteen: New Years Eve

1.1K 21 7
By vinylhoran

Lana's P.O.V.

---One Day Later---

We sat around the hospital all day just playing random games and laughing and having fun. It was a special day and I got released early because I was doing so well. Lou had kept his promise to Harry and brought mine and Niall's luggage so I finally had my own clothes back.

"Elllllll!!!!!! I need your help deciding what to wear into Times Square tonight!" I shout while plopping down onto the hotel room couch and checking the time.

"Lana! We've got to help each other here! I still don't know what I'm wearing! And my hair isn't cooperating at all!" El yells back from the other room. She comes stomping out in yoga pants and one of Lou's sweatshirts, with her hair in an extremely messy bun. 

I laugh at the look on her face and she smiles while grabbing two the cups of tea that Niall and Louis left for us with notes taped to their sides, and brings one over to me.

"We are total messes." El says, sighing and taking a sip of her tea and opening her note.

I nod and take a sip of mine. "Wouldn't want it any other way." I mutter pulling my note off the side of my cup and opening it.

Lana-

Louis and I have decided to wait to see you both untiil tonight. We want everything to be special. We are just down the hall in Harry's room if you need anything. I hate being away from you, every second I spend away from your beautiful face is to long. I can't wait to see  you tonight, and I even have a surprise for you love.

I love you so much.

-Niall

"Now come on we've only got 4 more hours!" I say smiling and grabbing El's hand and pulling her into my room where we have laid out all of our clothes. 

And I mean all of them. Niall only grabbed everything that I brought with me to Mullingar. And El packed a few select outfits and half of her closet. I scan the bed where my clothes are spread out and my eyes land in my dress from my first date with Niall. I smile at the memory and pick up the dress.

"No way. You aren't wearing the same dress as your first date! I will allow those leggings that you wore with it though. Just not the dress!" El yells at me. 

I give her a death stare and swap out the dress for the leggings, then shed my sweats and pull them on. I scan El's clothes quickly and my eye catches a turquoise dress. 

"Where have you been hiding this?!" I shout at her. 

"In my closet. Put it on!" She says. 

I quickly shed Niall's old Abercrombie and Fitch sweatshirt and tug the form fitting dress over my head. I hear El gasp as I situate the dress across my body. 

"If you do not wear this tonight I will kill you." She whispers, with a smile playing on her lips. 

"Why? Come on I can't look that goo- Woah." I stop short as El tugs me into view of the full length mirror in the room. 

The silver leggings hug my legs similarly to the way they did on the night of our first date. But the dress is perfect. It makes every curve of my body stand out and the black belt that El places around my waist pulls all of the dress together. 

"You are a godess." El says laughing. 

"Thanks. Now. Let's get you looking irresistible." I say turning around to face my bed again. 

I grab my white leggings and throw them at El's face. She pulls them on quickly while I snatch a red sweater dress from her bed and throw that at her too. She pulls it on and she really does look like a model. 

"You look amazing!" I say smiling and turning her to look in the mirror. 

"We seriously are genius'. I love you. Now. Straighten my hair?" El says turning to me with puppy dog eyes.

I sigh. "Fineeeee. Come on." And I pull her into the bathroom and get to work on her lion's mane.

--2 hours later--

"Alright and you are done." I say pulling my straightener slowly across the last bit of Eleanor's hair. "Lemme see." I say.

She turns to look at me and you can tell she's a model. "God damnit El. You make it hard to look beautiful around here." I say as I start to apply my make up.

Sticking with my usual bronze eye shadow, but changing it up with gold winged eye liner and black mascara. I turn to look at El. Her mouth wide open. 

"What?" I ask harmlessly.

She closes her mouth and pushes my face towards the mirror with one finger,

"First of all. Look at yourself right now. You are gorgeous. And second of all. Do you know who you are dating right now? Niall Horan? From One Direction? The most attractive Irishman I've ever met in my life? Now sit your gorgeous ass down so I can straighten your hair." She says pushing me down to sit on the toilet seat. 

I start to object but she stops me.

"Shut up. I love you. So now I'm doing your hair." She says turning on the only thing that's been playing on my phone lately.

Little Things.

-----------

Niall's P.O.V.

Me and Louis left our hotel room early this morning. Leaving Eleanor in bed with Lana and tea behind for both of them. We decided to give them the whole day to get ready. As well as ourselves. We spent most of the day with the boys in Harry's room talking about random stuff and just remembering everything that has happened in the last few years. We even watched the video diaries a few times. Just to remember.

Finally me and Louis start getting ready and Liam helps us, with sad eyes. 

"Liam.. You and Harry should come out with us tonight. It will be fun I promise." I say turning to him and giving him a knowing look.

"No it's okay I don't want to get in your way. I want you to have a good night. " He says smiling a little.

"Liam, you're my best mate, I won't have fun knowing that you're sitting in some hotel room all by yourself on New Years Eve. Pleaseee come out with us. Maybe you can meet some fans!" I say smiling at the thought.

Liam's face instantly lightens. Meeting fan's is his favorite thing. It's mine too, just to see them all smile. Well the one's that love me anyway. 

"You think?" He asks with happiness brimming in his eyes.

"Well yeah, silly. They are going to be all over the place if they know that we are going to be in Times Square." I reply, pulling on my shoes.

"Alright. I'll come." He says walking out of the room to go change. 

I jump up like a little school girl and shout to Harry. 

"Haz! Get ready! You and Liam are coming with us into Times Square tonight!" I yell through the hotel room.

I hear Harry give a cheer and fall off of his bed in the other room. I laugh quietly to myself while I continue tying the shoe I abandoned. I start to think again. We start our world tour in a month and Lana is coming with me, which probably makes me the happiest man on the planet besides Louis because El is coming too. Which is good for Lana because I don't know if she would be able to handle Harry all on her own for a summer. I smile as Lou, Harry and Liam come out of their rooms all looking spiffy.

"Alright come on Lou, let's go get El and Lana from our room. Zayn said to meet him and Pierre in the lobby." I say dragging Louis away from fixing Harry's curls. 

I have to stop myself from running down the hallway to Lana, it's only been a few hours since I've seen her but anytime I spend without her by my side is to much. I knock gently on the door and hear El give a squeal from inside. "Lana! They're here! Hurry up your hair looks perfect! And leave your makeup alone!" Eleanor yells loud enough for the whole hotel to hear. I hear Lou chuckle beside me.

A minute later El opens the door and flies into Louis' arms. He pulls back and kisses her quickly before checking out her outfit for the night. "Babe, you look gorgeous as always." He whispers. 

I smile to myself mostly and step into the room in search of Lana. 

"Lana! If you don't come out in 5 seconds I'm going to come and get you! I swear it!" I yell faking anger.

I hear her give a squeal from the back bedroom and I start to make my way there. I slowly push the door open to reveal my beautiful girlfriend.

"Well. You just gonna stand there all day with your mouth wide open or you gonna say something?" Lana asks smiling.

I honestly cannot say anything. So I just stand there. 

"I.. You.. Just.. Wow." I whisper. 

Her body is hugged tightly by the silver leggings on her legs, and even more so by the turquoise material that seems like a second skin. Her hair is straightened and braided into a half waterfall braid. Although she looks beautiful without makeup, her eyes are covered in her usual bronze eye shadow, but with added gold winged eye liner and black mascara, making her piercing blue eyes ever more shocking, and her perfect lips are covered in a deep pink lipstick. 

"Wow." I whisper again.

"You are a man of many words Niall." She whispers walking over to me and kissing my cheek. 

Even in her black booted heels she still 3 inches shorter than me, giving me the perfect angle to look into her eyes. 

"I love you. So much. " I whisper leaning in and planting a kiss on her perfectly pink lips.

Lana smiles into the kiss and pulls back. "Maybe I should dress up more often." She whispers playfully.

I laugh. "Maybe once and while. For meeeee." I say quietly.

Lana laughs and walks past me grabbing her coat as she does so. She walks out into view of Louis and I can hear his reaction from here.

"Wow. Woah. Holy.. Shit. Lana. Wow." He says. I hear El's contagious laugh from here.

"I told you so Lana. Come on boysss! We don't want to miss the show!" El yells pulling Lou down the hallway. 

I step up to Lana's side and take her hand tightly in mine. Letting any guy we pass by know that she is, in fact mine. In the elevator I wrap my arm protectively around Lana's waist as we near the ground level, hearing the fans out front screaming already. Lana curls into me hiding her face in my chest. 

"It's alright love. I've got you." I whisper kissing her temple. She relaxes a little. 

The doors open and we step out. Eleanor automatically runs to Pierre. 

"I didn't know you were coming tonight! Oh my god I've miss you so much!" She yells hugging her.

"It was a surprise. Zayn kept it from the boys too until about an hour ago." She replies hugging Eleanor back. 

I smile at the small reunion with my arm still firmly around Lana's waist. 

"Pierre. This is Lana. Lana, that's Pierre." I whisper into her hair. 

She slowly detaches herself from my side and walks over to Pierre. 

"Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from El and Zayn of course." Pierre says pulling Lana into a hug. 

"Aw I've heard a lot about you too. I'm so glad to finally meet you." Lana says pulling back from Pierre still aware of the screaming fans outside. She flinches as something is flung at the front doors.

"Not a fan of crowds then?" Pierre says to Lana laughing lightly.

"Not so much. I got into a bit of a bad spot with one, not long after me and Niall met." She says turning to me and remembering our fear.

I step up to her side and pull her into me again. "Not the best time for us. Scared me to death." I say kissing Lana's cheek.

Pierre smiles as Zayn walks back to her side and takes her hand, planting a gentle kiss on her lips.

Louis and Eleanor are sitting on a small bench with their foreheads pushed together as Liam and Harry finally appear.

Liam smiles as he sees Lana.

"Wow Lana, you look really beautiful." He says.

Lana laughs. "Thanks Liam, you're the only one who has been able to complete a full sentence about my stunning appearance." She says hugging him then returning to my side.

Just then Harry lets out a low whistle. "Woah. Lana." He says.

"I rest my case." Lana says laughing histarically.

A few minutes later Lana finally pulls herself together and Zayn starts us out the door with Pierre attached to his side. Liam and Harry follow, and then Lou and El  after them. Leaving me and Lana to face the crowd alone.

"Ready love?" I ask pulling Lana closer.

She gives a small nod and we step towards the door. As soon as it opens I regret the fact that we didn't leave out the back. The security guards are struggling to keep the massive amount of fans back from Lana and I. I take a deep breath and just keep moving forward, never removing my hand from Lana's waist.

As soon as we climb into the limo with everyone else Lana pulls herself onto my lap. Shaking like a leaf. Her small arms wrap around my neck and I place an arm on her back to support her. He beautiful face hides itself in the nape of my neck, and he head rests on my shoulder. I place my head on top of hers.

"You okay babe?" I ask quietly as Liam gently pulls a few stray stands of hair out of her face.

"That was the worst." She whispers.

I relax against the seat behind me and pull Lana closer to me. I start to quietly hum Little Things to her and close my eyes. I realize the whole limo is quiet and I don't dare open my eyes, knowing that everyone is staring. I hear someones camera go off. 

Just another reminder of a perfect day.

----------

We pull up to a sidewalk in Times Square slowly pulling ourselves from the comforts of the limo, and I slowly lift Lana from my lap as I carefully step out of the limo with Lana still in my arms. 

As soon as I set her feet down on the concrete sidewalk she takes my hand and squeezes it. "I love you too. I realized I never said it back." She whispers as we start to walk towards the mass of people. 

"It's okay. All I knew was in that exact moment, and with all my heart for the rest of my life, I would love you. And only you. I mean.. There will be this other girl I will love..." I say trying my best not to smile. 

Lana stops walking and stands with her mouth open. I turn to face her and bring my hand up to cup the side of her face.

"She'll have your eyes, and your hair. And she'll call you 'mommy'." I whisper before kissing Lana on the lips. 

She smiles into the kiss again. Damn I love that.

"Hey! You're supposed to wait until midnight!" Harry yells from a few feet away. 

I laugh and keep on walking with Lana attached to my arm.

Then I remember my surprise. "Hey, Lana are you an Ed Sheeran fan?" I ask trying to remain innocent looking.

"Oh my god. Yes. His music is just..Yes I love him." She says getting flustered. 

I pout. "Not as much as you love me right?"

She laughs. "Of course not." I smile.

"Well come on, we don't want to miss his performance tonight then." I say pulling Lana along faster. 

"No way! Ugh Niall Horan I love you!" She yells as she runs with me. 

We make it to the front of the stage just in time. Ed comes out singing Give Me Love, then takes it slow with Wake Me Up and to finish his short performance he sings The A Team.

Lana is absolutely fangirling beside me. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and pull it out. 

From - Ed 

Hey Horan! That's you in the front row if I'm correct. Bring the boys and that lady attached to your hip backstage I haven't seen you all in a while! xx

I smile and shove my phone back in my pocket turning to give the boys the head flick that will bring them backstage to see Ed with me and Lana. 

"Come on then. Don't you want to meet your other idol?" I ask. 

Lana stands with her mouth wide open. So I sweep her feet out from under her and carry her backstage. 

Ed is waiting for us. And we all greet him with a hug. He even hugs Lana, and I swear she almost dies.

-------------

Lana's P.O.V.

Ed Sheeran just hugged me. Ed FREAKING Sheeran. I am so going to die right now. At this very moment.

"What's your name love?" He asks, sounding similar to when Niall first asked me my name on the stage at MSG.

I clear my throat. "Lana." 

"Well I'm Ed. But I'm sure you knew that already. You, though, if I may add, are gorgeous." Ed says smiling.

I must turn the deepest shade of red ever. "Oh my god. Thank you." I say smiling like crazy.

Ed smiles. "So are you with our young Niall here? How did you meet?" He asks.

I turn to Niall to tell the story, knowing I will not be able to control my fangirl feelings, and my Aaron feelings at the same time.

Niall jumps in. "Long story short. Her best friend.. passed away, but lucky Lana, he loved her enough to buy her a front row ticket to MSG. I had my eyes on her all night, but when we got ready to sing Moments, she started to cry so I had Paul bring her up to me and we've been together ever since. Kinda like I've always wanted. My own, beautiful, personal reminder that this isn't a dream." Niall says smiling and squeezing my hand. 

"Woah. That's like.. not your average love story. But it's a good one. I'll give you that. Well it's almost midnight you kids get out there. Oh wait, here Lana, put your number in my phone. You are an interesting young lady, I'm gonna want to catch up with you every now and again on tour." Ed says handing me his phone. 

"Oh my god someone pinch me..." I whisper. I hear Ed laugh as I type my number into his phone and call my own, giving me his number. 

"Thanks babe. Okay well I will see you all later then." Ed says, taking his phone back from me and hugging everyone again. 

Finally Ed comes to me and he wraps his arms tightly around me. "You are perfect for Niall. Just... keep an eye on him yeah? He gets flustered easily from the hate he still gets." Ed whispers to me.

"Thanks. And I will. I don't want to lose him either. Ever." I say as Ed pulls back and kisses my cheek. 

"Happy New Year love." He says smiling as he walks away. 

"Oh. My. God. Did that REALLY just happen." I say to no one in particular. 

Everyone laughs and Niall takes my hand and leads me out back into the center of Times Square. 

"Well we've got 5 minutes before midnight. What do you want to talk about. Or do?" Niall asks leading me through random couples talking about nothing special and stopping when he finds an open space. 

"Let's just talk." I whisper, curling into Niall's side as he wraps one arm around me. 

I look up at the huge ball that will be dropping momentarily.

"Lana. I love you. So much. Most of the time words cannot even describe my feelings for you, but that's what makes so special to me. No matter what you are feeling I want you to know that you can always talk to me. If it's about me, I won't care. Or if it's about something completely random, I won't care. As long as I know that at the end of everyday I can curl up in a bed with you. That's all I want. For now, I just want to love you." Niall says looking down at me.

I smile looking up at him.

"Niall. My precious Niall. You probably wouldn't even believe the amount of times I had laid on my bed in my room staring at a poster of you. Just wondering what it would be like to hold your hand, or kiss your lips, or run my fingers through you hair. I'd planned out a whole life with you. But then when I finally actually got you I left all of that behind. I love you so much that when I'm not with you for long periods of time my heart literally aches to be with you again. I love the fact that I get to tour with you because even though we may end up spending the rest of our lives together, I don't want to miss out on everything that's happening right now. And you're right. For now, I just want to love you. And I want this to never end." I reply, finishing just as the countdown begins.

I face Niall, he wraps both arms around my body, bringing it as close to his as possible, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"10...9...8...7...6...5..4...3...2...1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" The counter shouts. 

Niall's lips crash into mine and I don't fight him as he forces my lips open. I put almost all the energy I have into this single moment, knowing that at anytime I could wake up from this crazy dream.

But it's not a dream. It's amazingly real. And I'm happy. 

"I'll love you Lana James... With my whole heart, for my whole life." Niall whispers as he pulls back from our kiss and presses his forehead against mine. 

"And I'll love you Niall Horan forever. Forever is a ridulously long time. But I'm not going to mind spending every second of it by your side." I whisper back, pressing my lips back against his. 

I feel the confetti hitting my head and I can hear the fireworks exploding. I feel people around us trying to leave but bumping into every other human in the area, but when I pull back again I look at nothing but the brilliant bright blue of Niall's eyes.

He holds out a pinky and I look down at it.

"Forever.....?" Niall asks quietly.

I look at the tattoo on my right pinky and wrap it around Niall's.

"Always..." I whisper.

Niall kisses me again, then picks me up bridal style and carries me back to the limo.

My last memory of the night is falling asleep in Niall's arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well first of all I'm sooooooooooo sorry for not updating I had midterms and got like bombed with homework and my extracurricular's kinda have been needing me. also my brother has been needing the laptor for work which beats my fanfic writing. I have started another story:) not sure what it's gonna be callled yet all I know is that it's happening! It's a Harry one! Whoop! well this chapter was lots of fun! i need ideas though. anyone got any? help please!!

love you all!

thanks lovelies!

-HayLoHoran-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 338 30
Hannah Anderson has gone through heartbreak and loss. She moves away, trying to escape the pain. Soon she meets one of the most famous bands in the w...
219K 1.6K 34
He's her best friend. He's her worst nightmare. The choice is obvious, but she is torn.
5.9K 100 31
Hazel Collins doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. Her friends have dragged her to a One Direction concert where she meets the love of her...
382K 10K 64
Emily goes to a One Direction concert with her best friend and as she's walking out she gets kidnapped by he mates. Find out what happens in this one...