HIDE N SEEK | Yumark

By sstarmindd

Mark Lee, just your average popular lad is kidnapped by an obsessive psychopath named Nakamoto Yuta, a cruel... More

1. Confusion
2. It has only just begun
3. Unforgettable
4. Found you
5. It's not fair...
6. The beauty of losing control
7. Streetlights look so beautiful at night
8. Just Like Me
9. Deal with the devil
10. She knows
11. I tried so hard
12. Addictive obsessions
13. Missing the point
14. It's all just a game, right?
15. You're safe for now...
16. Killer
17. Right under your nose
18. I can't love you
19. Side mission
20. Rescue
21. Don't leave
22. A game of chances
23. All about you
24. Like you mean it
25. Obey.
26. Courage of a Tiger
27. Trapped
28. Please let me go
29. No pity
30. Liar
32. Interrogation
33. Nerves
34. Double check
35. Backstabber
36. Never Goodbye
37. Farewell
38. You won't be missed
39. You don't want to leave.
40. Goodbye angel

31. Have we been here before?

129 12 3
By sstarmindd

The door opens and Jeno enters, breathing heavily.

"Took your time" Yuta sighs before holding his hand out.

Jeno takes a deep breath, wiping his sweaty hands off on his jeans and Yuta sighs, staring at his dirty jeans. Jeno takes it out of his pocket, his hands shaking and Yuta smiles.

"Well done, keep it safe," He says and Jeno's face drops. "Wh-"

"Keep it" He smiles, gently closing Jeno's hand around the blood-covered necklace. "You worked hard to earn it" Yuta chuckles and Jeno dashes it onto the floor. "Are you fucking joking?" He spits, pushing Yuta against the wall, a bloodied blade to his throat causing Yuta to smirk, his hands up in defence. "Absolutely not, I don't know why you're so upset, you worked hard for it," Yuta says furrowing his brows. "I killed a fucking kid to get you this stupid necklace, I was forced to kill an innocent little girl to get you this and now you don't even want it...?!" He raises his voice. "You had the choice not to kill the child but you did, that's on you," Yuta says, poking Jeno's chest.

"She was so confused... she didn't understand what was going on! She was innocent Yuta!" He spits. "As I said, the choice is and has always been in your hands" Yuta shrugs.

"YOU-"

SMACK.

THUD.

"Shut the fuck up kid, it's late, you don't want anyone to wake up do you?" He stares down at Jeno with wide eyes, breathing heavily. "Don't you dare raise your voice like that again or I'll-"

"Go on then, do your worst" Jeno hisses. "Why don't you just fucking kill me?" He spits at Yuta who crouches down beside him. "I can't kill you, you proved worthy of my hard work and attention, that's why you can keep the necklace, not just as a payment back for your hard work but for memories" He smiles. "So you can remember just how powerful you are" He giggles.

"I don't want it," Jeno states and Yuta frowns. "Why'd you bring it back then?" He asks. "Because you said you wanted it..." He trails off. "I never said I wanted it for me, did I?" Yuta smiles. "Keep it safe, I could give it to someone else who appreciates it" He chuckles, standing up and walking off, leaving Jeno on the ground.

A moment later, he comes back in. "Oh by the way- are you still down there?..." He mutters. Moments of silence pass by and Yuta just sighs. "Anyway I was gonna say, help yourself to some food but don't be a twat like Mark did and waste my red juice, it's special and difficult to obtain," Yuta says. "I'm sure you know how to cook, right? if you don't, come find me, I'll help you" He smiles before closing the door just to open it again.

"If you're gonna sleep, I suggest the sofa or my room. A tiled floor or any floor isn't usually the comfiest unless it's got a nice soft carpet" He suggests. "I'll go get some blankets if you wanna sleep on the sofa," He says but Jeno stays silent. He wasn't trying to sleep. He didn't want to sleep. He definitely didn't feel comfortable enough to sleep in the same house as Yuta never mind in the same room.

Yuta sighs after a minute of silence. "You're such a child" He sighs, closing the door. Jeno rolls his eyes at Yuta's remark before rolling over onto his back. He opens his eyes and felt his soul ascending to the sweet heavens before being grabbed slammed back down.

"So you are awake?" Yuta murmurs, staring down at him with a raised brow. "You really are a child..." Yuta shakes his head before grabbing a fistful of Jeno's dark hair. "For that, you deserve punishment" He breathes. "You," He pokes Jeno's forehead. "Can sleep with me tonight" He laughs, dragging the man by his hair, across the floor to the hallway before pausing. "Oh, I forgot the necklace" He whispers before pulling Jeno back to the kitchen, grabbing the necklace before ragging him up the stairs.

"It's comfier here anyway," He smiles as he throws Jeno on the bed before jumping on him. There was no way Jeno could get out of this one.

"Oh you're like a body pillow," Yuta chuckles. "All this muscle yet you're still weaker than me" He smiles at Jeno who glares at him, balling his fists up beside him. "That hurt? sorry, I'm not sorry though, it's just a fact, isn't it?" He chuckles, propping himself up on his elbows, his head resting in his hands. "No need to be so upset, that's what I'm here for, to help you become as powerful as those muscles show" He smiles. "Oh don't look at me like that~" He bites his lip, staring down at Jeno's pissed off expression. "You should be sleeping soon, it's pretty late, you need as much energy for the morning as possible" He smiles and Jeno scoffs. "Don't treat me like a fucking kid" He huffs.

"Would you rather me treat you like an adult then...?" Yuta asks slowly. Jeno knew better than to answer that question, whether it be yes or no, he knew what was to come. "Well done, you're a fast learner" Yuta chuckles. Jeno stays silent. He wanted to say something cocky but he knew it wouldn't end well, he'd probably end up with a chopped off limb if he wasn't careful. "Get some sleep then, I'll check on you every so often so don't try anything" Yuta smiles. "Not that you'd be able to," He chuckles as he gets up and leaves the room.

Jeno sighs.

At least Yuta had been nice enough to provide him with food, a bed and a shelter, at least he didn't treat him like an animal.

-----

Kaname looks around, no one was there. She quickly rushes down the steps, holding her shoes in her left hand.

She reaches the bottom of the stairs and sighs, looking down the corridor before walking down it, looking in each room. After a few empty rooms, she reached the only locked one which was at the end of the hallway. She knocks on and hears a sort of husky inhale.

She opens the door and her face drops.

"Namika!" She gasps. "Are you okay?" She asks. Namika looked like death. Literally. Her cheekbones stretched her skin out and her gown hung off her like it was on a coathanger. She shouldn't look like this! Kaname had been feeding her regularly and making sure she was healthy just like Yuta had asked so what had happened?!

"Who are... you?" Namika whispers, slowly recoiling in fright. Kaname stares into her eyes but realises she'd gone blind. Her pupils had gone a foggy white colour and she was looking all around.

"I'm your little sister, Kaname," She says. "Kaname...? Kaname... I don't think I know a Kaname... where's... where's Yuta or- or Jay?" She asks and Kaname sits up. She's on the verge of death and all she's worried about is that prick and whoever this Jay was?! "Is Yuta okay?" She breathes. "He's doing just fine" Kaname grits. "But..." She pauses. She was a little afraid of her plan. What if it backfired? What if it didn't go as planned? What if she wouldn't do it? What if she couldn't do it?

"But...?" Namika says, lifting her head up. "He's... he kinda... uh-"

"Just spit it out!" She hisses. "He betrayed you"

Silence. Namika stares at Kaname, straight in her eyes.

"No... he wouldn't" She breathes. "You're lying..."

"YOU'RE LYING!" She screams. Kaname gulps. "I'm... I'm not..." She stammers and Namika cackles. "You're so stupid little girl" She smiles. "You should be punished for lying to me" She breathes, standing up on thin shaky legs. "I'm not lying, I promise!" She breathes. "He's found s-someone else and asked me to... b-break the news to you" She stutters and Namika just scoffs. "Why would he do that when all he needs is me?!" Namika huffs. "He chose a b-boy, but I think it's best if you just move on-" Kaname was cut off. "How could he choose a boy over me?!" She cries.

"He wouldn't do that..."

"Please tell me you're lying"

"I'm not lying Namika, I'm sorry-"

"STOP FUCKING LYING" She screeches. "You're not fucking sorry..."

"I am sorry... but it's your own fault for trusting him" She whispers before grabbing hold of her shoes.

Kaname stands back up and rushes out of the room and down the hallway but stops and turns back. She needed to close that door. She runs back and slams the door shut but hears a crack and a scream as she realises she trapped Namika's hand in the door. Deserved. Kaname slams herself into the door hearing Namika's fingers crack again as a bloodcurdling screech is heard from the other side, a third and final slam to the door and it finally shuts, automatically locking with a beep. Kaname grabs her shoes and covers her ears as she runs back down the hallway hoping she could get out quick enough before anyone was alerted. She hears the door break open and gasps, looking behind her to see Namika closing in on her quicker than she realised, her hand pouring with blood, trailing down the hallway as she sprints.

"I'LL FUCKING GET YOU, YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Namika screeches.

-----

After a few days, Mark is back at Jungwoo's. He had nightmares every night since the fight and Jungwoo suggested it may be a good idea to go to therapy again but Mark strongly declined. He seemed almost scared to go to therapy.

"Well, we need to take you to the doctors and get you checked out because having nightmares every night isn't normal Mark!" Jungwoo argues but Mark just shakes his head. "I don't wanna go, what if they lock me up? what if-"

"Mark!" Jungwoo shouts causing Mark to burst into tears making him feel bad for yelling like that. Jungwoo pouts and rushes over to hug Mark but receives a punch straight to the jaw. "STAY AWAY FROM ME" He yells and Jungwoo tears up. "I DON'T NEED HELP, LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M FINE" He screams and Jungwoo just stares, holding his jaw which was throbbing with pain. Of course, the two have fought before, usually playfighting but Mark had never punched him like that. That was a defensive attack. Mark was trying to protect himself but... Jungwoo was trying to protect him so why was he pushing him away like that? What had happened?

"Mark..." He mutters. "I'm trying my best to help you, I want to protect you, help you find yourself again" He speaks. "Since Yuta, you've been a fucking mess, you've pushed everyone away and killed most of us. We've tried to help you but all you fucking do is throw it back in our faces" Jungwoo says. "Mark, I seriously should've just given up a while ago while I still could but no, you're like a little bro to me, I'm not letting you go, I don't care if it means I die as long as I know I stuck out til the and, I ain't going fucking nowhere," He tells Mark who stares at him with reddened eyes peeking over his knees which were folded up and secured by his arms. "Stop trying to help me, it's too late," He cries.

"It isn't too late Mark! just please, believe me," Jungwoo pleads. "If you just come with me to the doctors, they'll probably have to do a few things to see what's up with you but you'll be fine, you'll just be given a few medications and everything will return to normal-"

"Yuta needs to be dead..."

"You have his phone, right? make sure you take care of it, it has all the evidence you need. I'm sure Kaname can back you up too, she's a witness, I'm a witness, Jisung, Jeno and Jaemin are witnesses. You have everything you need Mark, you just need to do it and then he'll be locked up and you'll never see him again!" Jungwoo explains but Mark just shakes his head. "He-he won't go away that easily hyung. He won't get locked up, he's too clever, e-even you said it yourself, he's way cleverer than you can imagine so he... he won't be gone, he'll come back, he always does" Mark stammers and Jungwoo freezes. Mark was absolutely right. Yuta had probably got everything planned out from the start. Maybe him dying was the only way out of this but there's just something not right.

"There's a limit to everything Mark, I'm sure there's a way to end this, there has to be," Jungwoo says desperately. "YEAH, IF YOU JUST LET ME FUCKING KILL HIM!" Mark yells and Jungwoo flinches. "You can't kill him, I'm not gonna let you put yourself in danger li-"

"I don't give a fuck what you want, if I die, you have all the fucking evidence. You could go and be the fucking hero, I need to do this. I need to at least try, if it fails at least I know I tried to save all of you whether it was successful or not-"

"Mark" Jungwoo breathes through gritted teeth. "I swear we've had this same conversation a million fucking times," He says. "MARK IT'S BEEN FUCKING MONTHS, THIS SHIT HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE AUGUST. ALL YOU DO IS REPEAT THE SAME SHIT BUT YOU NEVER FUCKING LIVE UP TO IT!" He shouts at Mark. "You say you're gonna do it but then he manages to distract you and then you get comfortable enough around him for him to have control over you aND THEN WE'RE BACK AT SQUARE FUCKING ONE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!" Jungwoo yells.

There's a brief moment of silence before Jungwoo takes a deep breath.

"You know what Mark?" He laughs. "Get the fuck out of my house, I don't wanna see you again until you've lived up to your fucking words" He spits, pointing to the door and Mark stands up. "I don't care whether you live or die, as long as I know you've killed that bastard, I'll care," He says as Mark walks out, giving him one last look as he slams the door shut.

Jungwoo takes another deep breath muttering something before throwing himself onto his sofa.

He didn't understand what was going through Mark's head. Why wouldn't he kill him? I mean obviously, it's gonna be quite nerve-racking to tell someone to kill someone like Yuta because that guy has every trick you could possibly think of up his sleeve, not to mention the mass amounts of money in his bank. Seeing as the world runs on metal circles and plastic sheets now, Yuta could buy his way into or out of literally anything.

Knock knock

Jungwoo groans before standing up and answering the door, he felt his stomach sink. Speak of the devil.

"Jungwoo, my friend" Yuta smiles. "H-hey" Jungwoo stammers. "What happened? your jaw is bruising" Yuta says softly. "Oh, I tripped and fell on..." Jungwoo trails off understanding the only thing Yuta wouldn't buy was his bullshit. "Mark punched me" He admits and Yuta looks shocked. "Mark punched you? why? what happened? is everything alright?" Yuta bombards him with questions. Jungwoo wanted to give the man the dirtiest look possible but he knew it wouldn't end well. "He's fine, I don't know where he is though, I got mad at him and told him to get out and never come back," Jungwoo tells him and he nods. "What did he do?" Yuta asks. "I don't know, he just got out of the hospital and since then, he's been having nightmares but he won't let me take him to the doctors or anything because he's scared, he kinda freaked out earlier and punched me when I went to hug him" Jungwoo frowns. "Oh god, it's worse than I imagined, do you want me to have a look for him?" Yuta asks and Jungwoo gulps. "Please, at least make sure he's safe, I don't want another repeat of a few days ago" Jungwoo whispers. "Of course, anything you want me to tell him?" Yuta asks. "No," Jungwoo says and Yuta nods. "Okay, I'll let you know if I find him-"

"Don't, just, I don't want to see him or hear about him" Jungwoo cuts him off and Yuta nods. "Okay, well uhh, I came to actually ask you where Mark was but I'll go look for him then, see ya," Yuta says and Jungwoo mumbles a soft 'bye' before closing the door.

"That was terrifying- ah!" Jungwoo hisses in pain before looking down at his stomach seeing blood soaking through the cloth that covered it. He lifts his shirt up and gasps seeing the gash in his stomach. Yuta knew everything already and he clearly wasn't pleased to hear about it. Yuta didn't want Mark to be helped, it would ruin the process of creating his final piece.

A monster like himself, incapable of feeling. Wired with the desire to kill and destroy without reason.

Because that's only natural, right?

-x-

Hey sexcs chapter 31 is finally OUT! (after at least 10 or more read throughs and changes)

In the next few chapters like 5 characters are gonna die lol, u gotta guess who. I'm just saying I won't kill Jisung. I just don't know how and I'll sob my heart out writing it. Uh... yah that's all I have to say... it's tempting but I don't want to. I can't break your hearts like that nevermind my own over and over as I read thru it checking for errors or whatever ;_;

OH HANG ON OKAY BASICALLY DPR IAN LIKED MY FANART OF HIM LAST NIGHT AND IM LITERALLY OVER THE MOON ABT IT LMAO NO BC THIS IS THE 2ND POST OF MINE HE'S LIKED AND IM RHGJFKDOFERGUTEJOFK.

Also rn I'm kinda debating w me, myself and I whether to publish the story I was going to next but I'm kinda falling back into my skz phase (blame 0325, it's such an underrated bop). It was gonna be ian/mito based but it ended up turning into mainly skz and idk how to change it and i wanna die so I'll probs just work on a different story whilst I'm in my skz phase and perhaps if I haven't switched again I'll publish it ^^

~ ECHOBRAVO :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 447 11
Yuta is a little and his boyfriend Taeyong adores that about him. But that doesn't mean their relationship isn't in the best place at the moment. ...
83.8K 2.6K 65
❝Both of us were sinful, but I wanted to thank those sins & dreams for letting us found each other.❞ a story of youth, valentinejen
28K 591 35
|| MAFIA AU || ⚠️ THIS STORY CONTAINS ⚠️ || LANGUAGE, SUICIDE, DEATH, KILLING, RAPE ||
70.5K 2.8K 44
{A Markhyuck Fanfiction} γ€ŽStarted~July 19th 2019』 γ€ŽEnded~August 27th 2019』 When Haechan faces some issues that not only scare him, but the other mem...