You Are Not Alone

By Izzayy_k

"Please come down. Look its not the best option, you are feeling low now but believe me with time everything... More

1. First Encounter
2. Painting
3. "Non sei solo"
4. Sold
5. promise
6. kia's Arrival
7. My Angel
8. Troubled
9. Back again
10. Late
11. Little brat
12. Not okay!
13. Stupid Eva
14. Sick
15. Apology
16. Adventure
17. Saviour
18. Past
19. Because
20. Tired
21. Truth
22. Hurt
23. Past
24.Taking care
25. Ice cream
26. Memories
27. Kidnapped
28. Death..
29. Torture
30. Awake
32. wedding
33. Unbearable pain
A/N
34. The end

31. Proposal

209 20 1
By Izzayy_k

It's good to be back! when I was in coma, It was like I was aware of everything happening to me. Everything was dark around me, it was so suffocating. I tried a lot to open my eyes but it wasn't happening. I was so scared, I really thought at one point that it's my time to die. I have been waiting for death for so long since I came to knew about my cancer which was on the day Samuel died. I was broken but when I knew about his death one and a half year ago I forgot about my illness and pain of his death overcame everything.

My parents also become so over protective after my the news of my cancer. I didn't go for treatment beacuse they told me that my chances of survival are only 30 % and it was also a very painful process so I convinced my parents to let me come here in this city so I can achieve my dream of becoming a well known painter before dying. It was hell of a fight between my parents and me but thankfully I won because in their heart they also knows that starting my treatment would decrease my life more. I am not going to make it andbthat was the exact reason I didn't want pursue my relationship with Lorenzo. He had seen enough, I don't want him to see the death of another close person but he made it difficult for me, his love wins against me. I thought I would not fall in love with anyone but with Lorenzo it just happened. It's difficult to not fell in love with a man like Lorenzo. He loved me like no one else, I can see it hell anyone can see it how he cares for me and how much he love me even my parents admit that his love for me is so pure. Sometimes I am afraid that will I ever be able to match his love? Yes I love him but in his comparison may be not so much and this looming threat of death over my head is making everything difficult.

He is trying his best to save me but I don't think I would make it. It's a lost battle which he is fighting with all his heart. My mom told me that for the past month when I was in come he never left my side, he was there for me when I wasn't there to see it. He took care of my parents too and I can clearly see how much my parents are fond of him even after knowing his past job they are okay with it as long as he quit it for good which I know he did.

It's two weeks since I woke up from coma but in this period my chemotherapy has started my doctor Mr Harrison told me that I have very less time left so it's better If I start my treatment. But I am afraid! I am afraid of dying, I don't want to die. I am more scared for Lorenzo, I don't know what would happen to him. Everyone told me how he was when I was in coma when he thought that I am going to die. Jake told me how he avenged me and his family. I don't know if I am happy about it but I think Landon has it coming after he did that to me, it was the last straw for Lorenzo. 

"Are you hungry?" My mom asked me.

"No" I shake my head making a face, the food here is just eww. I am missing the tasty food of home. But my doctor has refrained from eating anything that is not bland soups. ARGHHH!

"Mom where is Lorenzo? He is not here since morning" I asked her. He still sleeps in my room on the bed next to mine but he is away since we awake. It's not like him, other times it is me who would try to force him to go out but he won't budge and now he is nowhere to be seen. I am kind of missing him.

"I called him but he said he is doing something very important" my mom told me with a mischievous smile. I looked at her with a frown.

"And what could that be?" I asked.

"You better ask him about that?" She said.

"Dad do you know anything?" I asked him but he shook his head no and complained.

"They didn't tell me anything, they were planning something but when I asked them they dismissed me" he huffed.

"Because you are not good at keeping secrets" my mom said and my dad just groaned.

"Whatever" he dismissed, he was sulking. He is just jealous of mom's and Lorenzo's bonding. I was also surprised to see them so close and was happy too that finally Lorenzo would have someone close to a mother in his life.

The door opened and inside came the only one person who make my heart melt.

"Hey Angel" he said, his both hands were behind his back as if he was carrying something and he was wearing a freaking suit, white shirt with black slacks and black coat. He was looking like a Greek God! But why us he wearing a suit? I looked at him with astonishment.

"Uhmm Hi" I said. He took a step toward me with a heart melting smile on his face. He looked a little nervous too.

"What's happening?" I asked him.

He kneeled infront of me on the floor and pulled out a beautiful bouquet of white roses, my favorite flowers! I looked around tonsee my parents standing at the corner of the room. Jake, James and kia also standing at the door. They all are here!
He looked at me for a moment then he pulled something out of his pocket, a small black box. He opened the box and I gasped at the sight of a beautiful ring. It was a gold ring with an oval diamond in the middle. It was a classy one! Now I know where this is all going. I gazed at the excited faces of my mom and Kia.

"Evangaline Lockwood I know this is not the right time for all of this but somehow I feel that this is the right time. I have loved you since the day I met you at that bridge where you saved me from committing a suicide which by the way was never the case.." He said and I gasped. Wait what? He was never there to commit suicide. Eva you do embarass yourself alot.

"Oh God don't tell me.." I said hiding my burning face with my hands and I heard the laughs from our audience.

"But you still saved me that day. You become my guiding Angel that day. You showed me what happiness is. You showed what life is, you showed me that day that I can also fall in love that I also have a heart in my body. You became the light in my darkness. You made me realize that I am not alone anymore that I have a beautiful Angel by my side who will stay with me, who will be with me whenever I need her. Who loved me even with my flaws. Angel I love you, I love you more than anything or anyone in my life. And I promise you that I will always love you, I will always cherish you. I will never leave you and I will never let you go either" he said and paused for a moment. I was in a trance. This is happening what should I do.

"So Angel I know that you love me too, so today I am going to ask you a question which will change our life for better and I am all ready for that change." He said.

"So Evangaline Lockwood will you marry me and become Mrs Evangaline Albert?" He asked with hope and I was gazing at him. So his last name is Albert and I didn't knew it until today! Great.

"Enzo I love you and I also know that there is no one better for me than you. There can never be!" I started and his smile widen so I continued.

"But.." I said and his face fell.

"But Enzo I am ... dying" I whispered, and his gaze harden, he was about to say something most probably to tell me off but it's the truth which he is having a hard to admit.

"No Enzo listen to me, you also know that somewhere that I have not much time and I don't want to do this with you. It's not worth it" I whispered the last part, I sniffled trying to keep my tears at bay.

"You deserve a marriage a very grand one at that but with a healthy and beautiful girl not that I am not beautiful" I joked but no one laughed at pathetic attempt.

"But you deserve the world and unfortunately I can not be the part of that world. Please don't make me do it" I said and my dam broke, I started crying.

"Are you done?" He asked after a while and I looked at him.

"If you are done then I will ask you again and this time I won't hear a no. I want you and that is enough, you promised me that you won't leave me alone. And I know my Angel she don't break her promises." He said.

"So tell me will you marry me?" He asked again, this time with full confidence.

"Enzo.." I said.

"Yes or .. yes?" He said cockily and I laughed. This Guy!

"Yes I will marry you" I said finally, I know he won't give up on me because he is Lorenzo. He never gives up.

He grinned and gave me the bouquet and slid the ring on my finger. He then kissed my hand, the one with his ring. He then kisses my forehead and everyone cheared for us. My mom and dad had tears in their eyes and others were just happy for us.

"This was my mom's" he whispered gazing at the finger.

"It's beautiful" I smiled.

"I am so happy for both of you, now you can call me Mom too" my mom yelled happily and hugged both of us.

"I will not say take care of my daughter because I know that you will"  my dad said and gave him a hug then he gave me a hug too.

"My princess finally got his prince" dad smiled at me.

Then others also congratulated us, they all seemed so happy for us even the nurses were happy for us. Kia was jumping around and was threatening Lorenzo to always take care of me or else she will deal with him in a very bad way. Of course she was just joking because everyone in this room have seem how much Lorenzo loves me.

He had proved his love to everyone, they are not just three words, they are more than that!

Action speaks louder than words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

717K 13.6K 30
"Uh, uh, uh, none of that. What have we talked about, hm? You're safe, yes?" I reiterate and kiss the top of her head as she nods against my chest. "...
638K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
1.3M 34.5K 29
"P-please. I'll be good. Please don't hurt me." I begged him, wrapping my arms around myself, as though that would keep me from completely falling ap...
523K 13.6K 53
"What are you doing" I panted my eyes travelling towards his bee stung lips. "Tasting you" he said coming closer to bite my bottom lip. "And right no...