The Alpha of Alphas: Apollo (...

By love_human_fears

BOOK #1 IN APOLLO SERIES Blaze was not happy in life, and everyone knew it. The adopted son of the Alpha and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
*Cast* Spoilers for people not up to this chapter
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 28

12.6K 634 67
By love_human_fears

I twirled my keys around in my hand as I waited next to the door of the restaurant. Luna and Alpha were walking up with Weston and his family. I watched as Xander parked his car, containing Lilith and Oliver. Now all we waited for was Ace and his family.

"Is our table ready?" Luna asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave her a firm nod, which pleased her. She walked past me to speak to the hostess.

Alpha turned to me now, scanning my body as if to check if I was alright. "How did the move go?"

"It was pretty quick. Lilith used her magic to carry everything in, so I only had to make one trip myself. I'm on the 3rd floor so that would've been exhausting." I let my whimsical emotions show, allowing myself to relax. I had no reason to worry tonight.

Alpha looked relieved at my answer and body language, but didn't comment, just nodded. Lilith dashed toward me and engulfed me in her usual hug, something I still wasn't used to.

"It's been too long, cousin of mine!" She whined, pulling back, giggling. Xander and Oliver trailed behind her. I brushed her off as I watched Oliver closely. He was stiff, worry written all over his face, as he approached Weston and his family.

"Mom, dad, Macey, this is Oliver," Weston proudly introduced, pulling him close and squeezing his hand for comfort.

Weston's mom did not skip a beat before bringing Oliver in for one of her classic bear hugs. I'm not sure why people enjoy hugging so much, but I wasn't going to question it.

"You're so handsome! Isn't he handsome, Sweetie?" She turned to her husband for approval. He had an amused smile on his lips as he nodded.

Oliver stuck out his hand to the man. "Oliver, sir. Nice to meet you." He tried having confidence, but his voice wavered. Oliver's dad smiled again, and took his hand firmly in a tight handshake.

"I'm glad to meet the boy whose been destined to put up with my son's bullshit." His comment made Oliver loosen up a bit, releasing some tension in his shoulders.

Oliver returned to Weston's side, hanging his arm over the boy, clearly claiming him. Macey said nothing but hello, then stood back to analyze them. Before any commentary could be made, Ace's family wandered up to us warily. I've never truly talked to Ace's parents, but my parents were polite with them. But the way they walked up with faces of uneasiness, gave me a bad feeling. I glanced at Xander, who was attempting to give Ace a reassuring smile, but the nervousness was irradiated off of him. Maybe it was only clear to me because we have a twin connection.

"Alice, Jim, I'm glad you could join us," Alpha announced, as if he expertly sensed the tension that was starting to fill the air. Ace trudged over to Xander, who was quick to hug him and place a gentle kiss on his forehead. Ace gave a small smile, but his distaste was clear. He was uncomfortable.

I decided mindlinking Xander was the best call. What happened today? Why is it so tense?

Ace's parents are homophobic.

My eyes widened in realization, suddenly understanding the thick tension.

"We could never deny an invitation from you, Alpha," Jim politely responded to my father, but his eyes were trained on his son with a clear look of disturbance. Alpha didn't seem pleased with the answer, but didn't say anything as Luna walked out.

"Our table is ready! Perfect timing because everyone is here!" Luna announced as she began to us inside. Someone Luna got us a private room with a long table. I'm never sure how she manages these things, but I never question her ways.

The parents all sat on one side of the table and the kids on the other. I watched as Xander purposely put him and Ace as far from Ace's parents as possible. Oliver on the other hand sat right next to Macey, sparking a conversation about beta/delta jobs.

Weston's mom turned to me almost immediately after sitting down. "How was moving into your new apartment? Everything go okay?" She asked in her motherly voice. I was always appreciative of how much she cared for me even though she didn't have to.

"Yeah, everything went pretty smoothly with everyone helping. Though I'll admit my cousin's witch magic did help a ton," I explained, gesturing to Lilith who sat next to me.

Ace's parents both visibly tensed, eyes glaring at Lilith. "Witch?" Ace's mother said distastefully, looking as if she could throw up just by say the word.

I was about seconds away from blowing her head off before Alpha stepped into the conversation. "Blaze's uncle, Zachary, is the current alpha of their pack until Xander takes over. His mate is a witch healer, making his daughter half witch, half werewolf," he told the couple politely, but certainly sternly. "Lilith is a healer herself, and plans to go to med school. Isn't it great that we know not one, but two witch healers now? Their magic is powerful, and I'm sure glad they are on our side." Alpha's words were more of a command than anything else, which shut Ace's parents up.

"Lilith, what college are you planning on?" Weston's mom chirped, as of the tension in the air didn't exist. "Weston and Blaze got accepted to North Wilson!" Like any mother, she looked for any and all moments to brag about her children.

Lilith glanced at me in surprise since I never told her about the acceptance. "I applied there too, but I haven't heard back just yet. I've applied to a lot, but the only ones I've heard back from are the ones farther away. I don't want to go to far." Weston's mom nodded vigorously, as if she full heartedly agreed with Lilith's statements.

The conversation turned into Xander's coronation, then made a distasteful turn to talk about Lyle's coronation. Weston, Xander, and Oliver glanced at me with pity looks every time I cringed at something they said.

"Lyle still hasn't found his mate, and he really needs someone to reel him in a bit before he gets coronated," Alpha told Ace's parents, who were listening very silently.

"I hope he finds him soon. I swear his hormones are taking over the house," Luna joked as she nibbled on the appetizers.

"Him?" Ace's mother questioned, her face paling. Yeah, they are definitely homophobic.

Luna didn't seem to notice her vicious tone, or maybe she was just ignoring it. "Oh yeah, a mother knows her son, and no female could handle him. He's 100% going to have a male mate." Weston gave me an apologetic look, as if he had to apologize for other people discussing Lyle. Macey picked up on our glances, and gave me a suspicious glare.

"A male Luna? Would that be good for our pack?" Ace's dad questioned, being a bit more pushy now.

Alpha managed a tight smile before speaking. "The werewolf council actually says that the packs with same sex couples in the higher ups tend to flourish more. People are happier and the packs grow. I think we could use some firm leadership," he stated, narrowing his eyes at Jim as if daring him to question him.

Luna turned to Alice, with a new spark in her eyes. "Alice? Aren't you excited about getting to plan the Luna coronation for Ace? I'd love to help! That's so exciting!" Weston's mom gasped at the idea.

"Weston and Ace will have to be coronated on the same day! We can all plan! Won't that be fun, Alice?" Weston's mom clapped her hands and let out a small squeal of excitement.

Suddenly, Ace stood up, looking like he was going to vomit. Everyone's attention was now on him. "I'm going to the bathroom," he murmured before hurrying off. Xander appeared conflicted with heading after him, or giving him sometime. He chose the second, already picking up on the idea that Ace loves coping on his own. We stared as he scurried away.

Damn, that ass though... Apollo said to both me and Xander. My eyes widened slightly as I glanced at Xander in surprise.

He's my mate. Stop staring! Xander growled through the mindlink.

Well, he's my mate, too! So I can stare. I suddenly felt uncomfortable as I felt Apollo attempt to push forward.

Apollo, stop it! I'm not letting you take control. Take control of Xander. Ace isn't my mate. I chastise the wolf, making him stir even more.

That's this fucker's name? Apollo? Why haven't you told me that?! Xander shouted in our heads. I wasn't sure if he was angry at me or Apollo.

Because you are the worst secret keeper! Like when Lilith told you not to tell anyone about her getting into a fight, but you told her mom anyway? I'm not trusting you with shit! Apollo claimed, sounding suspiciously like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Why is your name a secret? It's just your name. I stiffened at his question, not wanting to get into this reincarnation shit tonight.

I broke the mindlink and turned to him. Oliver and Macey were still talking up a storm.

"I'll tell you later," I promised Xander, who narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously, but nodded.

Lilith hit my shoulder roughly, causing me to glare at her. "Stop with the weird twin thing, and speak aloud. You guys are so weird." She mumbled that last part, but made sure she said it loud enough for me to hear and get offended. She turned to face Xander, now with a devilish smile on her face. "Blazen met Hayden today. Oliver walked in on Blaze pinned down in the kitchen." Her words were rather suggestive, making Alpha quickly glance at me with a curious stare.

"He thought I was like a trick Lilith was playing, not your actual identical twin. He got sassy, so I let him pin me to feel like he had control over the situation," I explained, rolling my eyes at Lilith's bare comment.

Xander looked frazzled and wanted to say something, but couldn't find the proper words. "Yeah, Hayden was a little pissy at first, but once he realized who Blaze was, he was fine. He looks good, and seems better mentally than when he left," Oliver explained, pausing his conversation with Macey, who now seems interested in what we were talking about. Thankfully, the parents were having their own conversation and weren't paying attention to us.

Xander nodded slowly, digesting all the information we just provided to him, then he turned to me. "If anyone else gives you problems, let me know. But after the coronation, you should be good. Hayden can just be a little over protective, but he's been going through a rough patch since his mate died three years ago," Xander explained, sadness clear in his eyes. I felt a pain in my heart, but it wasn't from my emotions. It was Xander's.

We dropped that conversation as a somber mood gloomed over us. Macey was quick to switch the topics. "So Blaze, you moved? How come this is my first time hearing about it?"

I shrugged, keeping my face stoic. I know exactly why no one knows. There are several reasons why, none of which I felt comfortable explaining. "It's a private family matter. And I'm not a super important member in the pack, so it's not like it affects much," I brushed off, but I felt many wary eyes on me.

Macey scoffed, flipping her hair back in a sassy tone. This action surprised me as she was usually very proper and well mannered around everyone, even people her age. "You literally train practically the entire pack! How are you not an important member? Who's taking your place?" I never really thought of it like that. I guess I did do a lot for the pack, but I'm also very replaceable.

"Well Weston was assisting with the Omega training, so he's just fully taking it over until Alpha finds another replacement. And Alex agreed to take over the warrior training. Betas are usually in charge of other packs' warrior training." There was a small silence as Macey seemed to contemplate this.

"Well, I can take over Omega training for Weston once you leave. I should be fully accustomed to my Delta role by then," she offered, patting her brother on the back. He nodded, agreeing to her offer. She would probably be better at the job than me and Weston, so I saw no problem with her offer.

Macey's face twisted slightly before turning back to me. "How did Lyle take the news of you moving? He's been obsessed with you ever since you almost died protecting him from that rogue." Xander froze, instantly staring at me.

"You almost died? When was that?!" His overprotective and outspoken brother kicked in, something that I appreciated yet annoyed me.

I rolled my eyes at their exaggeration. "I didn't 'almost die', there was just a lot of blood loss from a wound. I was fine," I waved off, shutting him up before he could argue.

I looked back at Macey hesitantly before answering. "I never told him I was moving. I figured it wouldn't matter to him too much. He's always wanted my room anyway," I attempted to joke, ignoring the stares I got from my peers. Weston especially looked uncomfortable now that he realized I hadn't told Lyle. "I'll text him or something to let him know. It's not a big deal," I tacked on, now feeling incredibly awkward.

Macey even looked skeptical at my claim. "I know you guys have your disagreements, but I definitely think he's going to be upset about you switching packs. You are all he's ever talked about these past like three months." Her words made me even more uncomfortable, but she didn't seem to notice. I just shrugged, trying to drop the conversation.

Thankfully, Ace took this time to return to the table with some newfound confidence. He sat in his place next to Xander, who instantly pulled him closer, tucking him under his arm. Ace's parents stared, but didn't comment.

"Honey, are you going to stop by for Luna's Day?" My mother asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "The party is at the pack house, from three to midnight for the full moon run."

"Oh, um, I'll probably stop by for the party. I won't be part of the pack by then, so I won't be joining for the run," I confirmed with her. She smiled, simply happy I was going to join the celebration.

"So Xander is going to initiate you into the pack during the coronation?" My dad asked, directing his question more at Xander than me.

Xander quickly nodded. "I want reinstating my brother into the pack to be my first action as Alpha. It feels... right." My dad grinned, a new light in his eyes. This was the moment he realized I was going to be loved and cared for in my new pack.

Weston's father took this moment to join our conversation. "What is your role going to be at Black Hearts? You are of Alpha blood, so you can't just be a standard member."

"We've been needing a good pack trainer!" Xander answered for me. "My soon to be Beta and I do most of the training sessions now, but we won't have as much time once we are officially in charge. So Blaze is going to take over!" Weston's father seemed pleased with that answer, and it felt nice knowing that he truly cared.

The rest of the dinner went fairly well. There were only a couple of awkward moments with the mention of Lyle and the mention of Ace's coronation. Ace's parents played nice, which I was thankful for. They couldn't disown a son that was mates to someone so powerful.

I went back home with Alpha and Luna since I promised to stay one more night. My room was bare, making it feel unnatural and uncomfortable. Looking around, I couldn't help but think about all the memories Weston and I had made here. All the sleep overs. All the studying. All the movie nights. Those moments are what made this room feel like home, not the stuff.

I laid on my bed, staring at the time. Lyle's week was almost up. Even though his leaving was a good enough answer, I still felt like I needed to hear the words of rejection to move on. I needed to hear him say it.

Taking out my phone, I got up the balls to actually dial his number. The phone ring and rung, making my heartbeat faster. It went to voicemail. As the lady said the instructions for leaving a voicemail, I tried to decide whether or not to leave one. But the beep came too quickly to decide not to.

"Hey... Lyle," I sighed, trying to find my words. "I wanted you to hear this from me and not a random person. I, uh," I hesitated, trying to find the perfect words, but I couldn't. "I found my family. My biological one. I found them almost two months ago. I've decided to switch packs to live with them instead. So... I guess you rejecting me was a good thing. It's giving me a chance to start again with my original family. Thanks, I guess." I ended the call, feeling the relief off my shoulders. Now I can't sleep with some closure. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 143K 67
"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of the Alpha. "What's wrong with being weak...
5.3M 166K 41
Book #1 in the 'Mine' series Meet Ben, the omega of the Red Forrest pack. This pack doesn't treat their omegas badly because their omegas, everyone...
91.8K 4K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...
3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...